Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree House (D23, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

....we'll see...Foresque prices still holding above 1K, but seems to be holding back the rest of the units having sold about 40% of total units..

But this site is perhaps the best of the lot in the area being on higher ground and flanked by a park on 2 sides, except the chestnut apt might just go en bloc eventually.

More concrete jungle.
    Quote Originally Posted by danntbt

....we'll see...Foresque prices still holding above 1K, but seems to be holding back the rest of the units having sold about 40% of total units..

But this site is perhaps the best of the lot in the area being on higher ground and flanked by a park on 2 sides, except the chestnut apt might just go en bloc eventually.

Block 60 facing Foresque

Block 60 facing Chestnut Ave

Block 60 central column, note the bracket to attached the vertical plant canopy

Block 60Close-up view of kitchen/service balcony side

Block 62 from main road _ Petir
    Last edited by danntbt; 12-11-11 at 16:59.

View of kitchen/service balcony side 3-bedroom units, note kitchen wall facing living/dining not up yet inside. Window along corridor next to master bedroom window ensure lights get through during daytime and allow for good cross ventilation through the house.
    Last edited by danntbt; 12-11-11 at 17:12.

...sorry, the first 2 images of this series were mistakenly labeled wrongly, it should be
    Block 60 facing Chestnut ave
    and
    Block 68 facing Chestnut ave
    .....not able to edit as the time limit has expired.

Below is the side facing Foresque:

tallest so far is Block 62....at about 14th floor....10 more to go........

Block 62 at 14th story:

Definitely this stretch with the high-rise development coming up gonna be sight
    against the greens...

Power! How you get behind (near Foresque) the blocks to take those pic?

look like they are speeding up...

I shot from Foresque construction site entrance with my zoom lens...was told that I cannot take photos by one of the foreman.....I challenged him to call the police as I was taking from outside the site.....he kept quite after that.

Anyway the rate is about 1 floor per week, it would take possibly another 20 weeks for all the blocks to reach the top floor. So by Mid 2012 most of the shell should be completed, They possibly cannot work on the pool and in- between-structures before they reach the top as they are stacking the pre-fabs walls on the ground where these are located.

TOP should still be in 2013....but possibly earlier than the projected 3rd Quarter. However probably have to bear with the construction noise and air pollution for a bit from the Chestnut ave neighbor that will be coming up if the tender closing on the 24th is awarded.

Is your parents' unit on the upper floor?

U so brave. If that foremen approach me, I sure run. Hahaha

My parents unit is at mid level.

Treehouse's 2 and 2+study layout without balcony is still the ultimate in minimum space wastage design so far....no bomb shelter, no bay windows, no planters and no balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    U so brave. If that foremen approach me, I sure run. Hahaha

My parents unit is at mid level.
    haha...... I shoot professionally on a freelance basis, need to push the limit when shooting otherwise will never get job done....and also thick skin a bit when approaching subjects.

A few things I like about this project are...the natural greenery around the precinct, and the blocks are properly space apart. Space and Nature...not easy to found nowsaday, with so many hdb flats around them.

....putting Foresque and Treehouse site plans side by side gives one a better idea of how these two compare in terms of open space:

Stack 7 and 8 would be unblocked, Block 60 facing Foresque also has good breathing space....

Nice comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt

Stack 7 and 8 would be unblocked, Block 60 facing Foresque also has good breathing space....
    but they r surrounded by 4 tennis courts and a 1/2 basketball court!

Don't think the noise will be greater than the pool, hopefully the bushes and trees can buffer it.

All in all, Tree House seems better spread out with fewer face to face orientation. Foresque has a ring road along the perimeter of the compound, Tree house road is confined to the vicinity of the entrance. Form the spread, Tree House seems less congested, but as Foresque 2nd floor is actually at 5th story height, the actual impression might be compensated by that.

still prefer the blocks in condo to be so called "anyhow spread out" rather than "parallel running" on both side.

...there lies the beauty, there is order in randomness.....the architect at Treehouse got it right there, and if you look closely there is deliberate decision to orientate the units so as to minimize each looking into the other.

SINGAPORE: The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has closed the tender for a residential site at Chestnut Avenue.

The 1.87-hectare land parcel, which can yield some 380 housing units attracted a total of 12 bids.

SP Setia International submitted the top bid of S$180 million.

The other bids for the 99-year leasehold site ranged between just over S$166 million and S$131 million.

Property consultancy CBRE said the "enthusiastic response of 12 bids reflects developers' unfaltered confidence in the mass-market housing segment."

CBRE added that the top bid of S$180 million or S$426 psf/plot ratio will translate to an estimated breakeven cost of S$850 psf to S$900 psf.

URA said a decision on the award of the tender will be made after the bids have been evaluated.

Wow hot hot! Developers r fools? Lol

......well look good for TH and FR.....anyway FR moved another 7 units in Oct leaving only 9 unsold out of 216 launched at above 1k psf.

....last saw TH highest block is now at 16/17th storey high....

Surprise...surprise..i thought the bid price is above my expectation despite the fact of the avg take up rate of Foresque condo

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Wow hot hot! Developers r fools? Lol
    Hahaha..foolish pple always make bug buck

Understand the plot next to foresque is allocated for education use...

Watched a documentary about treehouse yesterday...
    http://www.papuatrekking.com/Korowai_Kombai.html

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Watched a documentary about treehouse yesterday...
    http://www.papuatrekking.com/Korowai_Kombai.html
    Thanks for sharing...you watched it on a tv? which channel?

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    Surprise...surprise..i thought the bid price is above my expectation despite the fact of the avg take up rate of Foresque condo
    Out of 496units
    launched 216
    sold 207
    Unsold 9
    Ave psf 1,097
    Lowest psf 1,050
    highest pst 1,219

......is this average? hmmm....I guess there are many foolish people wise guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    Thanks for sharing...you watched it on a tv? which channel?
    Cant remember, I was channel surfing... just happened to stop at that channel 4xx because the guys were constructing treehouses near the top of the trees. Little kids and pets were also brought up there to live. Apparently the guys believe that the higher your treehouse is, the more prestigious is your house! There was no safety harness, helmets etc, yet 0 casualty. Very skillful indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Cant remember, I was channel surfing... just happened to stop at that channel 4xx because the guys were constructing treehouses near the top of the trees. Little kids and pets were also brought up there to live. Apparently the guys believe that the higher your treehouse is, the more prestigious is your house! There was no safety harness, helmets etc, yet 0 casualty. Very skillful indeed.
    It's on okto.

Did you watch the part where one of the man climb up a 30m high tree to get the honney from a bee hive?

It took him more than an hour to climb up with an improvise tool to reach the tree top, walking on tree branches before he can enjoy his rewards. Totally no safety protection. Not to forget he also need to deal with the bee attack although he has a burning branch with smoke to fend them off. If at any point in time he lost his concentration or feel scare, he will fall to his death. It's real survival in the jungle.

He not only earn his respect of his tribes. I respect this people also.