Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 611162126272829303132333435364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterbank (D14, 99 years leasehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro

It's a 1+1 ... But the study is big enough to consider it as a 2br in today's context.

624sf and 635sf layouts have a small difference in the balcony size

There is no stowage area in the entire unit at all...
    I find having a stowage area is essential for everyone imo..

According to UOL's presentation slides to investors in Nov 12, Waterbank @Dakota is 87% completed as of 30 Sep 2012 and Est TOP is still 2Q2013.

This update is for 30/09/2012. the next presentation should be Feb Next year. Based on this speed. it should be completed by then. only 13%

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    There is no stowage area in the entire unit at all...
    I find having a stowage area is essential for everyone imo..
    You mean like this?
    677 sqft
    1 + 1
    Study room is 2.9m x 1.9m
    Stowage size 1.5m x 1.6m

http://db.tt/Ufgcp2OP
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Default LED Downlights / LED Lights for your home

Dear all,

If you are looking around for lighting for your home, Please do consider installing LED lightings.

Ledazzled's 9W Samsung LED Chip downlight cost S$56 per piece and it comes with 3 years warranty. We provide free lighting consultation for home owners which we will advise on the layout of light fixtures(e.g. downlights) based on your floor plan.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at 63920353/97355642 or [email protected]. Our website is www.ledazzled.com and our prices are transparent.

In addition, if there is group buys of minimum 5 homes, a 5% discount will be given.

Warmest Regards,
    Daniel
    [email protected]
    www.ledazzled.com

think this belong to a forummer here

nice facade

Really nice! I saw it on the day I went to visit chung cheng main we almost lost in the deep of landed house while finding the main gate, suddenly i saw a group of elegant tall buildings which are as same as ur photos u posted before. I told hubby: 这就是传说中的waterbank!

Bro, congrats for ur super good buy!

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Really nice! I saw it on the day I went to visit chung cheng main we almost lost in the deep of landed house while finding the main gate, suddenly i saw a group of elegant tall buildings which are as same as ur photos u posted before. I told hubby: 这就是传说中的waterbank!

Bro, congrats for ur super good buy!
    东方不败姐, 谢谢啊!

front with the huge chunky multi storey carpark - not so nice though..

Another UOL project which allows buyers to make $.

东方不败姐, 谢谢啊!
    zeamy, which layout you bought ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    zeamy, which layout you bought ?
    Lovelle, I have a 1+1 and share a 3br with family members

Expected rental yield about 4%?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Expected rental yield about 4%?
    Mine is mid floor so quantum not v high, so expecting 5% yield. But shld be keeping it for weekend home for at least the first yr or so.

Good to keep it for future development in the kallang basin area with 24 hour entertainment, water related activities, more shoppings, etc. . Land bid price there will be high. Does your unit has sportshub's view?
    Mine is mid floor so quantum not v high, so expecting 5% yield. But shld be keeping it for weekend home for at least the first yr or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Good to keep it for future development in the kallang basin area with 24 hour entertainment, water related activities, more shoppings, etc. . Land bid price there will be high. Does your unit has sportshub's view?
    Mine is southwest facing the river, so I guess could see the sports hub ... I went Dakota residences before even their 2nd floor could see MBS ....

Yeah I m thinking of keeping it first for small family gathering and such, while testing the rental market for my small unit. Once sports hub up I think will see another surge in value

Enjoy the fireworks at sportshub. Have a unit at the elder sister's project (southbank) on the high floor overlooking the sportshub and bay area. Also looking for the day to come and development at kallang basin.
    Mine is southwest facing the river, so I guess could see the sports hub ... I went Dakota residences before even their 2nd floor could see MBS ....

Yeah I m thinking of keeping it first for small family gathering and such, while testing the rental market for my small unit. Once sports hub up I think will see another surge in value

wow two units.. congrats

wow two units.. congrats
    Thanks but no la, the other one is shared by sis and mum...

Wow my bro, u are my hero!

Hello everyone, I have a studio at WB but I am a pretty newbie in rental. Just wondering, should I sell or rent? If I rent, how much can it fetch? I checked through ura website and saw that even caspian studio facing mrt tracks can rent out at 3.5k but average around 3k+. Even optima is renting out at 3.2k on average and double bay is also > 3k. Caspian is 463 sq ft and optima is 484 if I am not wrong. Even alexis 300+ sq ft can rent out > 3k. So WB being a bigger studio and city fringe unit, can I expect something like citylights rental of > 3.5k conservatively?

In fact, Icon and citylights rental are not much difference and I find it strange.

I can't decide because agents have been calling me and one offer me a big cheque. Mine is stack 1 high floor (> 15) and stack 1 is the only unblocked studio stack in WB. That is the reason why I buy stack 1 of course. I was offered 820k but I rejected but the agent ask me to consider because it is a good price and profit because I am first buyer. Can any experienced people here give me the pros and cons? My friend (a property agent) ask me to hold after TOP because people can see the high floor view of kallang basin and should get > 900k since prices will move up after TOP. I am in a dilemma now of selling at 820k or wait till 900k or rent out long term.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Squall, renzokuken...!

You should PM zeamybro since he is Lease X plus vested in WB. He will be the best consultant to you.

As for the 2nd part of your query, dilemma indeed. The agent is correct. You should wait until AFTER getting keys to show your potential buyer the view. PROVIDED you are confident of the finishing and quality of the project. It can be a double edged sword. I suggest you sneak in (wear a protective helmet please) to check out this aspect. But please don't quote me if anything happens to you.

Competition wise, you should be fairly advantaged since you say you are on high floor plus the only good studio stack.

Also, unless you have another unit (replacement) in mind, cashing it out without knowing what next to do with the money is also not recommended.
    Last edited by mcmlxxvi; 02-01-13 at 10:15.

From what i observed from the recent TOP projects, both prices and rental went up by another 10-15% 6-12months after TOP.

Only consider to sell 1year after TOP. My 2 cents.

I also find it strange that ocr studio is commanding slightly lesser rental than rcr and ccr ones. Difference of only $300-500

mcmlxvvi - thanks ah ....

Actually I am also in a dilemma, to sell or to keep, cos the agents are indeed very fierce and pro-active in finding sellers with BIG BIG cheques. But i guess most owners are unmoved (greed lor ... later crash then all chui xin gan). And also the fact that if sell liao money and buy new one will be subjected to SSD and ABSD (Wb owners not affected in 2010).

For newly TOP projects, it may take a longer time to find tenants. Imagine a single project has close to 100 units of 1BR and 100 units of 1+1, where to find a contingent of 200 ready tenants to fill the units? One way to get your tenant fast is to try asking for your keys earlier than your competitors (subject to developer's approval but i managed to do it once before for another project), or you ask for a lower rental.

I will be keeping it for about one year as what Rosy has advised. Need to test water the market first. But most units would have river /landed housing view, including all the 1+1, so those facing the main roads ones may not appeal as much after TOP when potential buyers get to see the actual product and compare.

A general observation, it is hard to knw if high flr do sell at higher price then lower flr. Just tk a look at echelon. All the leftovers are high flr at 9xxk. Maybe gurus can comment here

A general observation, it is hard to knw if high flr do sell at higher price then lower flr. Just tk a look at echelon. All the leftovers are high flr at 9xxk. Maybe gurus can comment here
    This kind of outcome implies that most buyers are buying for investment and not own stay.

(my .02 only of coz)

IMO, high floor will in general command a much better price. And view also of course. You can't be having 50th floor looking at office and say mine is high floor unit. Like who give a shit about high floor if 10th and 50th is looking into office.

Like Sail bay view, the price is insane there. We walked the same corridor everyday but the unit on the left is worth 50% more because it has bay view and mine is office view.

But if Echelon is selling 800 to 1M for studio, then people should hold WB till it TOP. Echelon and WB are both city fringe condos and are very close to city.

I haven't seen WB yet but based on my iOS6 Apple map, it is less than 1 min walk to MRT so I think that is a plus point. Also, it is 5 mins drive to Suntec or East Coast so it is pretty centralise. I think circle is pretty ok also at Dakota. A few stops to suntec or MBS only.

In fact, for those who know about city fringe condos, those that are within 5 mins walk to MRT are transacting around 950k. WB falls into this category so I will say hold till TOP if you want to sell. Even for rental, I think it will be 3.5 to 4k. I am just using citylights and southbank as a guide. Like what you all say, even Caspian can hit 3.5k so I don't see a problem for rental.

My