mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default District 15 still the top draw

http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNew...ry_508169.html

Mar 30, 2010

District 15 still the top draw

Attractions include sea views and food haunts

By Joyce Teo

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIM...100330jt15.pdf

WHETHER the property market is up or down, some areas are always popular, according to new analyses from property consultancy Savills Singapore.

Its list of perennial property hot spots includes one surprise locale far from the city centre.

District 15, which includes the Katong, Joo Chiat, Amber Road, Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu areas, consistently topped all 28 regions in terms of the number of non-landed resale homes sold from 2007 to February this year. Savills Research found 4,289 resale non-landed deals were done in the three-year period.

District 10, consisting of the Ardmore, Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin areas, was No. 2, with 3,622 transactions.

District 23 came in a surprise third, and registered the highest price growth of the top 10 hot spots, with prices rising 25.5 per cent. It takes in Hillview, Dairy Farm, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang, and had 2,837 sales.

If transactions in 2007 were excluded, District 23 would have surpassed District 10 in popularity. In other words, District 23 has become the second most popular hot spot for non-landed resale homes since 2008.

Ms Christine Sun, Savills' senior manager for research and consultancy, said demand in District 23 could be due to attractive pricing, as the average unit price registered from 2007 to last year was still within the $500-$600 per sq ft range. Average prices reached $649 psf in the first two months of this year.

Given its proximity to the Bukit Timah belt and the nature reserves, this district has an edge over other areas in that price range, such as Tampines, Pasir Ris, Serangoon Gardens, Hougang and Punggol, Ms Sun added.

There are also a lot of developments in the area, such as The Warren, The Petals, The Madeira, Cashew Heights, Dairy Farm Estate, Regent Heights, Hillview Regency and Guilin View.

Ms Sun said the popularity of resale homes in District 15 may have been driven by the many launches in the area. Prices have risen in line with the launches, which draw attention to the area, she explained.

New launches since 2007 include Aalto, Parc Seabreeze, Silversea and The Seafront on Meyer. 'People think the area is becoming hot and they start to see value in the area,' she said.

Property experts said the area's appeal lies in its sea views and proximity to well-known food places, the airport and the city. 'It is an established residential area with ample amenities,' said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

'There's also a wide range of prices to suit different budgets, from the bigger, higher-priced condos in Tanjong Rhu to the small developments in Telok Kurau.'

Said Ms Sun: 'In general, the next best areas to live in outside of Districts 9, 10 and 11 are in District 15, largely because of the sea view and the many good schools there such as Tao Nan School, CHIJ (Katong) Primary, Victoria Junior College and Chung Cheng High School.'

Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak said: 'District 15 has quite a big catchment of private homes so that may be why it has a high number of resale deals.

'It has also been popular with the middle class and the upper middle class for a long time.'

Popular projects in District 15 include Water Place, The Waterside, Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens and Cote D'Azur, Ms Sun said.

It came as no surprise that District 10, as a prime location, is popular with foreigners. Demand for homes in this area fell significantly in 2008 but has recovered somewhat since, she added.

Still, District 10 resale non-landed homes showed just 2.3 per cent growth in prices since 2007, from $1,386 psf in 2007 to $1,417 psf in the first two months of this year.

District 15 registered 14.8 per cent price growth, from $783 psf in 2007 to $899 psf on average in January and February this year.

[email protected]

Next time no 1 ranking going to be D18 no doubt abt that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNew...ry_508169.html

Mar 30, 2010

District 15 still the top draw

Attractions include sea views and food haunts

By Joyce Teo

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIM...100330jt15.pdf

WHETHER the property market is up or down, some areas are always popular, according to new analyses from property consultancy Savills Singapore.

Its list of perennial property hot spots includes one surprise locale far from the city centre.

District 15, which includes the Katong, Joo Chiat, Amber Road, Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu areas, consistently topped all 28 regions in terms of the number of non-landed resale homes sold from 2007 to February this year. Savills Research found 4,289 resale non-landed deals were done in the three-year period.

District 10, consisting of the Ardmore, Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin areas, was No. 2, with 3,622 transactions.

District 23 came in a surprise third, and registered the highest price growth of the top 10 hot spots, with prices rising 25.5 per cent. It takes in Hillview, Dairy Farm, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang, and had 2,837 sales.

If transactions in 2007 were excluded, District 23 would have surpassed District 10 in popularity. In other words, District 23 has become the second most popular hot spot for non-landed resale homes since 2008.

Ms Christine Sun, Savills' senior manager for research and consultancy, said demand in District 23 could be due to attractive pricing, as the average unit price registered from 2007 to last year was still within the $500-$600 per sq ft range. Average prices reached $649 psf in the first two months of this year.

Given its proximity to the Bukit Timah belt and the nature reserves, this district has an edge over other areas in that price range, such as Tampines, Pasir Ris, Serangoon Gardens, Hougang and Punggol, Ms Sun added.

There are also a lot of developments in the area, such as The Warren, The Petals, The Madeira, Cashew Heights, Dairy Farm Estate, Regent Heights, Hillview Regency and Guilin View.

Ms Sun said the popularity of resale homes in District 15 may have been driven by the many launches in the area. Prices have risen in line with the launches, which draw attention to the area, she explained.

New launches since 2007 include Aalto, Parc Seabreeze, Silversea and The Seafront on Meyer. 'People think the area is becoming hot and they start to see value in the area,' she said.

Property experts said the area's appeal lies in its sea views and proximity to well-known food places, the airport and the city. 'It is an established residential area with ample amenities,' said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

'There's also a wide range of prices to suit different budgets, from the bigger, higher-priced condos in Tanjong Rhu to the small developments in Telok Kurau.'

Said Ms Sun: 'In general, the next best areas to live in outside of Districts 9, 10 and 11 are in District 15, largely because of the sea view and the many good schools there such as Tao Nan School, CHIJ (Katong) Primary, Victoria Junior College and Chung Cheng High School.'

Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak said: 'District 15 has quite a big catchment of private homes so that may be why it has a high number of resale deals.

'It has also been popular with the middle class and the upper middle class for a long time.'

Popular projects in District 15 include Water Place, The Waterside, Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens and Cote D'Azur, Ms Sun said.

It came as no surprise that District 10, as a prime location, is popular with foreigners. Demand for homes in this area fell significantly in 2008 but has recovered somewhat since, she added.

Still, District 10 resale non-landed homes showed just 2.3 per cent growth in prices since 2007, from $1,386 psf in 2007 to $1,417 psf in the first two months of this year.

District 15 registered 14.8 per cent price growth, from $783 psf in 2007 to $899 psf on average in January and February this year.

[email protected]

Surprise that D11 is not on the list in last 4 yrs!

try driving down balestier road or the vicinity of novena on a weekend and you will know why it is not on the list

Next year for sure D18 in limelight.....

wa lau Tanumy everywhere.. liddat also can....

Quote Originally Posted by tanumy
    Next time no 1 ranking going to be D18 no doubt abt that at all.
    Good Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    Good Joke!
    agreed. I really like all these posts on D18 and DBR - puts a smile on my face

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So why D9 (including prime Orchard transacted at >$5000 psf) also not on the list?
    Don't think your reason is valid.
    More likely because D9 & D11 are smaller in area and there are less properties in those areas compared to D10, D15 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    try driving down balestier road or the vicinity of novena on a weekend and you will know why it is not on the list

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    So why D9 (including prime Orchard transacted at >$5000 psf) also not on the list?
    More likely because D9 & D11 are smaller in area and there are less properties in those areas compared to D10, D15 etc.
    i think you may be right

D15 is huge .. and so many properties ... throw a stone sure hit a condo or a house ..

so is D23

i remember i mentioned before ... go google map singapore

and you can see how many condos and houses there are in these 2 districts .. most densely populated ..

so many choices ..so pretty obvious there wil be more transactions ...

Default District 15 still top draws

I think we should read the report with some understanding...Top draw in district 15 can mean many things...it could mean many buyers like district 15 for own stay...not as an investment location..top draw in investment location can never be in district 15 simply because many buyers buy district 15 for own stay rather capital appreciation..the rental yield is also not fantastic and so, it discourage investor.,..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i think you may be right

D15 is huge .. and so many properties ... throw a stone sure hit a condo or a house ..

so is D23

and you can see how many condos and houses there are in these 2 districts .. most densely populated ..

Aalto, Seafront, amber residences..these are some that bought high. Now still not able to breakeven...Aalto not faring well with relaunch....Silversea overprice....

D15 just go to TK and you be surprise how dense it's going to be.....
    with recent launches going around Parkway, traffic in time to come will be like balestier

i think you may be right

so is D23

The article miss the illustration of DTL2 which has started construction from 1st station at Bukit Panjang site.

So far, the entire DTL2 will register as the line with the highest sizable FH or 999 land within a mrt station reasonable perimeter.

You take away bukit timah, steven which historically has been heavily price in, the remaining route are absorbing investment heavily. Beautyworld is a clear example.

The newspaper chart shown D10 and D9 are ranked 3rd and 5th this year

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I think we should read the report with some understanding...Top draw in district 15 can mean many things...it could mean many buyers like district 15 for own stay...not as an investment location..top draw in investment location can never be in district 15 simply because many buyers buy district 15 for own stay rather capital appreciation..the rental yield is also not fantastic and so, it discourage investor.,..
    I have to disagree. Rental yield is similarly or even worse more pathetic in the prime districts D9,10,11 bec the prices (PSF) paid by the owners were high. Yet rental rate can't increase as much due to absolute dollar capping for expats' housing allowances.

Best rental yield still goes to HDB and Geylang and many of the old houses bought during the low property season.

i think you may be right

so is D23

The report is referring to non-landed homes in D15. So landed houses are out of the equation. Purely looking at supply (no. of condo / apt units launched for sale) is not a good indicator. Demand is the key factor, and the report shows the no. of condo / apt launched & sold from 2007 to 2010.

It is still correct to say that D15 is a popular spot among home buyers whether be it for investment or stay, because at the end of the day, someone (end buyer) will be the one staying there.

Still, D9 has been missing for the last 3 years except this year for just the first 2 months only! How do we except D9 to have more transactions than D15, D10, D5, D23 etc when the area is actually much less than half of any of these?

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    The newspaper chart shown D10 and D9 are ranked 3rd and 5th this year

Still, D9 has been missing for the last 3 years except this year for just the first 2 months only! How do we except D9 to have more transactions than D15, D10, D5, D23 etc when the area is actually much less than half of any of these?
    Higher price = lower volume
    Lower price = higher volume

I believe the wrong conclusion has been made. Highest number of transactions do not equate to "most popular". E.g. D15 has 100k homes & 10k has been transacted (i.e. 10%). D9 has 30k homes & 6k has been transacted (i.e. 20%). So which is more popular? Ha ha! Based on that reporter's way of reporting, D15 is more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    The report is referring to non-landed homes in D15. So landed houses are out of the equation. Purely looking at supply (no. of condo / apt units launched for sale) is not a good indicator. Demand is the key factor, and the report shows the no. of condo / apt launched & sold from 2007 to 2010.

It is still correct to say that D15 is a popular spot among home buyers whether be it for investment or stay, because at the end of the day, someone (end buyer) will be the one staying there.

I believe the wrong conclusion has been made. Highest number of transactions do not equate to "most popular". E.g. D15 has 100k homes & 10k has been transacted (i.e. 10%). D9 has 30k homes & 6k has been transacted (i.e. 20%). So which is more popular? Ha ha! Based on that reporter's way of reporting, D15 is more popular?
    In your example, still, D15 is more popular (10K homes) vs D9 (6K homes).

The number of units sold in absolute number (not % of sold/supply) is still showing that D15 is most popular.

If you want to talk about % of sold / supply => need to see the supply numbers before making any conclusion.

Let's say Jurong Island got only 1 house (supply) and it's sold. Does that mean it is most popular @ 100% sold???

Based on your analogy, if D15 has 100k houses and 10k got sold (=10%) and D9 has 20k houses and 9.9k (=49%) got sold and D15 still more popular?
    Based on above, I only conclude that:
    - D15 has very few buyers vs the number of properties there.

Some people will say that may be it is because very few property owners want to sell in D15?
    However, if there are keen enough and genuine enough buyers and such buyers are willing to offer >$5000 psf such as for Orchard Residences (in D9 Orchard), then do we believe that there will not be enough sellers emerging? So fact is, D15 do not have enough buyers willing to offer high enough price to move the % of properties transacted higher.
    This is different from D9 where we see such eye-popping prices transacted despite the conclusion by the reporter that it is "not popular" for the past few years!

What I am trying to show is that basing on largest number of transactions do not mean D15 is most popular. This is wrong conclusion by the reporter. The reporter should also state how many properties are there in the district to give a more balanced view and for readers to come to their conclusions. Even without the balanced view and just looking at the district boundary sizes, I know the reporter is comparing apple to orange and drawing the wrong conclusion.

In your example, still, D15 is more popular (10K homes) vs D9 (6K homes).

The number of units sold in absolute number (not % of sold/supply) is still showing that D15 is most popular.

If you want to talk about % of sold / supply => need to see the supply numbers before making any conclusion.

Let's say Jurong Island got only 1 house (supply) and it's sold. Does that mean it is most popular @ 100% sold???

i agree on the part of D9 but we are referring to D11. in correction, D11 isn't small in area at all. it is only slightly smaller by a tad if you refer to the district maps.

Based on your analogy, if D15 has 100k houses and 10k got sold (=10%) and D9 has 20k houses and 9.9k (=49%) got sold and D15 still more popular?
    Based on above, I only conclude that:
    - D15 has very few buyers vs the number of properties there.

Some people will say that may be it is because very few property owners want to sell in D15?
    However, if there are keen enough and genuine enough buyers and such buyers are willing to offer >$5000 psf such as for Orchard Residences (in D9 Orchard), then do we believe that there will not be enough sellers emerging? So fact is, D15 do not have enough buyers willing to offer high enough price to move the % of properties transacted higher.
    This is different from D9 where we see such eye-popping prices transacted despite the conclusion by the reporter that it is "not popular" for the past few years!

What I am trying to show is that basing on largest number of transactions do not mean D15 is most popular. This is wrong conclusion by the reporter. The reporter should also state how many properties are there in the district to give a more balanced view and for readers to come to their conclusions. Even without the balanced view and just looking at the district boundary sizes, I know the reporter is comparing apple to orange and drawing the wrong conclusion.
    i concur with you from the statistical point of view. it is just plain useless to look at absolute figures. should look at the base figure and use a myriad of comparisons for analysis.

e.g. average no. sold over a certain period, % sold over a certain period and median selling price vs median purchase price. a thousand and one permutations on how to interpret the data

% measuring number of sales / number of supply has limitations in statistical means to gauge popularity. I oredi quoted the example of Jurong Island having only 1 house and sold => 100%. It does not imply it is most popular. Some folks just don't get it in their brains even though it is simple mathematics.

By decreasing the denominator (supply) in the formula, one can manipulate to get higher %.

So to conclude, using % is also not the best way to gauge popularity.

And some even confused price as popularity. Does it mean the higher the price (D9 - Orchard Road) means it is more popular? Unfortunately the answer is no.

Popularity simply means the absolute number of sales...period...and it means the home buyers perceive D15 as value for money, i.e. it is not priced beyond its intrinsic value. So that's why it is most popular.

Compare to Orchard Road, many home buyers perceived that it is selling way above its intrinsic value, thats y it is less popular (less number of units sold) simply because it is way too expensive!

For those who still can't think these through. Let me quote to you car models.

1) Orchard Rd is like Lamborghini

2) East Coast is like BMW

Tell me frankly, which is more popular in terms of sales?

Yes you are right, D11 looks a tad smaller than D15, but it consists of part of McRitchie reservior, a large part of Caldecolt hill private low-rise landed estates, and also the hospital hubs. In fact, the D11 population is much smaller than what the district size suggests. To show you an idea, let's look at the list of private property projects in D11:

24 @ Newton, 28 Shelford, Adam Park, Adam Place, Amaninda, Amaryllis Ville, Appleton View, Armadalem, Ava Towers, Balestier Tower, Bassein Court, Belmondo View, Belmondo View, Binjai Crest, Binjai Park, Birmingham Mansions, Bright Apartments, Buckley 18, Buckley Mansions, Buckley Mews, Buckley Residence, Camden Park, Casa Contendere, Casa Irrawaddy, Casa Melwani, Casa Perla, Chancery Corner, Chancery Court, Chancery Esquire, Chancery Garden, Chancery Grove, Chancery Lodge, Chancery Park, Chelsea Grove, Chong Kim Apartmnet, City Edge, Concorde, De Paradiso, Derby Court, Derbyshire Court, Derbyshire Heights, Derbyshire Mansions, D'Evelyn, Duearn Court, Duneran Gardens, Eco Ville, Elegance View, Elmira Heights, Eng Aun Park, Espana, Essen Apartments, Evelyn Mansions, Gilstead 38, Gilstead Apartment, Gilstead Brooks, Gilstead Court, Gilstead Mansion, Gilstead View, Gloucester Mansions, Goldhill Garden, Goldhill Towers, Goodwill Mansion, Grand Tower, Hillcrest Arcadia, Hillside Homes, Hollywood Park, Iridium, Jade Gardens, Jubilation Apartment, Kartar Apartments, Kellett Court, Kew Lodge, Kheam Hock Garden, La Maison, La Novelle, La Suisse 1, La Suisse 2, Le Shantier, Lincoln Lodge, Lincolnsvale, Lion Towers , Lutus at Mount Rosie , Maison Royale, Malcolm Park, Mandalay Court, Mandalay Mansion, Mandalay Towers, Mandalay Ville, Mandale Heights, Minbu Court, Minbu Villa, Miro, Monarchy Apartment, Montebleu, Morimasa Gardens, Moulmein Court, Moulmein Green, Moulmein Rise, Moulmein View, Mount Rosie Garden, Newton 18, Newton Euro-Asia, Newton Meadows, Newton One, Newton Point, Newton Suites, Newton View, Novena Court, Novena Gardens, Novena Hall (International Students Hostel), Novena Hill, Novena lodge, Novena Suites, Novena Ville, Olivio, One Akyab, Orchid Apartmemt, Parc Infinia @ Wee Nam, Pasadena, Pavillion II at Novena, Pastoral View, Peak Court Condo, Peppermint Grove, Pinacle 16, Point Loma, Residences @ Evelyn, Rocca Balestier, Rosevale, Ruby Plaza, Scenic Heights, Seedevi, Setia Residences, Shan Court, Shan Gate Apartment, Shelford Court, Shelford Green, Shelford Regency, Shelford Residences, Shelford Vale, Shelford View, Sky @ Eleven, Soleil @ Sinaran, Star Mansions , Strata, Suffolk Apartments, Suffolk Premier, Suites @ Surrey, Surrey Court , Surrey Point, Surrey Ville, Swiss Club Villas, Tan Tong Meng Tower , Ten @ Suffolk , The Albany , The Ansley, The Arcadia , The Axis, The Chancery Residence, The Hill Park , The Huntington , The Linc, The Lincoln Modern, The Medge, The Montebleu, The Sentinel, The Shelford, The Spinnaker, The Trevose, Thomson Euro-Asia, Thomson Mansions, Tian So Heights, Trevose 12, Trevose Park, Tudor Ten, Ultra Mansion, University Park, Villa Chancerita, Villa Chancery, Villa Des Flores, Visin Apartment, Waldorf Mansions, Watten Estate Condo,Watten Estate, Watten Hill, Whitley Heights Condo.

Then, we look at the list of private property projects in D15:

Alpha Apartments, Amber Park, Amber Point, Amber Road No.11, Amber Towers, Amberglades, Aquarine Gardens, Aquene @ Telok Kurau, Arthur 118, Arthur Court, Arthur Mansions, Aspen Loft, Axis @ Siglap, Beta Grove, Bournemouth Eight, Breezeway in Katong, Burnfoot Terrace, Butterworth 33, Butterworth 8, Butterworth View, Cadence Light, Camay Court, Camelot, Canary Ville, Cannaville, Carpmael Lodge, Casa Fidelio, Casa Merah, Casa Meyfort, Casafina, Casero @ Dunman, Castle Court, Casuarina Cove, Cathay Gardens, Ceylon Court, Ceylon Crest, Ceylon Flats, Chapel Close, Chapel Court, Chapel Lodge, Chapel Mansions, Chelsea Lodge, Chia Garden, Chiang's Court, Chiku Mansions, Chin Bee Mansion, Coastarina, Costa Del Sol, Costa Rhu, Cote D'Azur, Crane Court, Crescendo Park, Crystal Rhu, Culford Gardens, D'Ecosia, D'Focus Apartment, D'Marine, D'Saville, Dawn Ville, De La Salle, Deng Fu Court, Duku Apartment, Duku Court, Dunman Place, Dunman Place, Dunman View, East Coast Apartments, East Coast Mansions, East Coast Park, East Court, East Galleria, East Grove, East Meadows, East Palm, East Shore Court, East Side Loft, East Signature, East Signature, East Treasure, East View, East Ville, Eastern Lagoon II, Eastern Mansions, Eastern Residence, Eastwind Mansions, Eastwood Gardens, Ebony Mansions, Ee Wang Park, Emerald East, Emery Point, Emprado Suites, Eng Say Garden, Equatorial Apartments, Espace, Estique, Euro-Asia Lodge, Everitt Green, Fenara Court, Fernwood Terrace, Fernwood Towers, Finland Gardens, Flamingo Valley, Flora East, Fort Gardens, Fortredale, Fortune Jade, Fortune Spring, Fortville, Fragrance Centre, Frankel Estate, Galaxy Tower , Gallery 8, Gideon's Lodge, Glenfield Apartments, Gold Palm Mansions, Goldleaf Gardens, Good Earth Lodge, Goodwill Court, Grace Court, Grace Garden, Gracious Mansions, Grand Duchess at St Patrick, Grand Residence, Gray Mansions, Grosvenor View, Haig Apartment, Haig Court, Haig Garden, Haig Groove, Haig Mansions, Haig Ten, Harmony Mansion, Hawaii Tower, Heiwa Court, Heji Gardens, Heritage Residences, Hong Joo Park, Hong Yun Court, Hua Xin Court, Imperial Heights, Ivory Apartments, J Court, Jersey Lodge, Joo Chiat Apartment, Joo Chiat Court, Joo Chiat Lodge, Joo Chiat Mansions, Joy Court, Joyful Mansions, Jupiter Court, K Gardens, Kampong Tembiling, Katong Apartments, Katong Gardens, Katong Mansion, Katong Omega Apartment, Katong Park Towers, Keng Yee Garden, Kim Wee Mansion, King's Apartment, King's Mansions, Klassic Court, Knox View, Koon Seng House, Kurau Court, La Meyer, La Ville, Lagoon View, Laguna Green, Laguna Park, Lau's Arcadia, Le Conney Park, Le Merritt, Leck Teck Court, Legenda, Leyuke Apartments, Liang Apartments, Lodge 77, Long Nian Court, Lotus at Joo Chiat, Madeira Court, Maisonette Apartments, Malvern Springs, Mandarin Garden, Mangis Park, Manila Gardens, Margate Mansions, Margate Point, Marine Mansions, Marine Meadows, Marine Parade Garden, Marine Point, Marine View Mansions, Marshall Lodge, Martia 8, Martia Court, Maybelle Lodge, Melina Court, Mellow Mansions, Mera East, Meyer Park, Meyer Residence, Mia Place, Module, Mountbatten Regency, Nanak Mansions, Nature Mansion, Neptune Court, Ocean Apartments, Ocean Park, Octaville, Onan Court, One Amber, One Fort, One K Greenlane, Ong's Mansion, Opera Estate, Orchid Mansion, Ovada, Palazetto, Palm Beach Gardens , Palm Oasis, Palm Vista, Paradise Palms, Park Court, Park East, Parkshore, Parkway Apartment, Parkway Lodge, Parkway Mansion, Parkway View, Peach Garden, Pebble Bay, Pebble Gardens, Peily Court, Peng's Court, Pine Court, Pinehurst Condo, Ping View, Poh Heng Court , Pomex Court, Poshgrove East, Prestige Residence, Pumpkin Garden , Radix, Rambai Court, Rambutan Mansions , Rich East Garden , Richmond Court , Riveredge, Roman Terrace, Rose Lane Court, Rose Maison, Rose Mansion, Rose Ville, Royale Mansions, Sanctuary Green, Sandal Woods, Sanderiana, Santa Fe Mansions, Sapphire Court, Sayang Villa, Sea Avenue Mansions , Sea Avenue Residences, Sea Breeze Apartment, Seaview Park, Seaview Point, Seraya Court, Seraya Lodge, Seraya Ville, Sheda Lodge, Sheridian Court, Siglap Centre, Siglap Lodge, Siglap Park, Silahis Apartments, Spring @ Katong, Springvale, St Partrick's Loft, St Patrick's Garden, St Patrick's Green, St Patrick's Row, St Patrick's View, St Patrick's Villa, St Patrick's Court, Still Mansions , Stillingia Court, Sunnidora. Sunny Palms, Sunnyvale, Sunrise Townhouse, Sunshine Grandeur, Sunshine Regency, Taipan Grand, Taipan Jade, Taipan Regency, Tandeville, Tanjong Ria, Telok Indah, Telok Kurau Court, Telok Kurau Lodge, Telok Kurau Mansion, Telok Kurau Ria, Telok Kurau View, Telok Mansion, Telok Ville, Tembeling Grove, Terrace View, Tessa Lodge, TG Mansion, The Albracca, The Atria, The Bale, The Beccagayle, The Belvedere, The Bouganville, The Carpmaelina, The Champagne, The East Side, The Elegance @ Changi, The Espira, The Esta, The Geranium, The Glacier, The Glenwood Regency, The Grandiflora, The Hacienda, The Makena, The Medley, The Meyer Place, The Navigators, The Nclave, The Palladium, The Prominence, The Seafront on Meyer, The Seaview, The Silverston, The Sovereign, The Sunniflora, The Sunny Legend, The Treeline, The Vermillion, The Vesta, The View @ Meyer, The Waterside, Tian Court, Tiara Vista, Tierra Vue, Tong Chuan Mansion , Torie Mansions , United Mansion, Veranda, Vertis, Villa Marina , Villa Martia, Vitra, Water Place , Wedgewood Mansions, Wen Yuan Court, Willa Marine, Woo Man Chew Court , Worthington , Yi Li Apartment, Yong Shuey Lodge..

Compare the 2 lists and what can you conclude? Either D15 is too congested or?

i agree on the part of D9 but we are referring to D11. in correction, D11 isn't small in area at all. it is only slightly smaller by a tad if you refer to the district maps.

% measuring number of sales / number of supply has limitations in statistical means to gauge popularity. I oredi quoted the example of Jurong Island having only 1 house and sold => 100%. It does not imply it is most popular. Some folks just don't get it in their brains even though it is simple mathematics.

By decreasing the denominator (supply) in the formula, one can manipulate to get higher %.

So to conclude, using % is also not the best way to gauge popularity.

And some even confused price as popularity. Does it mean the higher the price (D9 - Orchard Road) means it is more popular? Unfortunately the answer is no.

Popularity simply means the absolute number of sales...period...and it means the home buyers perceive D15 as value for money, i.e. it is not priced beyond its intrinsic value. So that's why it is most popular.

Compare to Orchard Road, many home buyers perceived that it is selling way above its intrinsic value, thats y it is less popular (less number of units sold) simply because it is way too expensive!

For those who still can't think these through. Let me quote to you car models.

Tell me frankly, which is more popular in terms of sales?
    no one said using % is the best and only way to measure popularity. if u can see the insufficiencies of using %, u should also know the weakness of using absolute numbers.

using the lamborghini and bmw analogy is again flawed. if u want a robust analysis, then compare within the same market segment. popularity is intangible in nature and statistics can only be used as a proxy for measurement. like what i said previously, there are a thousand and one ways to interpret data

Yes you are right, D11 looks a tad smaller than D15, but it consists of part of McRitchie reservior, a large part of Caldecolt hill private low-rise landed estates, and also the hospital hubs. In fact, the D11 population is much smaller than what the district size suggests. To show you an idea, let's look at the list of private property projects in D11:

24 @ Newton, 28 Shelford, Adam Park, Adam Place, Amaninda, Amaryllis Ville, Appleton View, Armadalem, Ava Towers, Balestier Tower, Bassein Court, Belmondo View, Belmondo View, Binjai Crest, Binjai Park, Birmingham Mansions, Bright Apartments, Buckley 18, Buckley Mansions, Buckley Mews, Buckley Residence, Camden Park, Casa Contendere, Casa Irrawaddy, Casa Melwani, Casa Perla, Chancery Corner, Chancery Court, Chancery Esquire, Chancery Garden, Chancery Grove, Chancery Lodge, Chancery Park, Chelsea Grove, Chong Kim Apartmnet, City Edge, Concorde, De Paradiso, Derby Court, Derbyshire Court, Derbyshire Heights, Derbyshire Mansions, D'Evelyn, Duearn Court, Duneran Gardens, Eco Ville, Elegance View, Elmira Heights, Eng Aun Park, Espana, Essen Apartments, Evelyn Mansions, Gilstead 38, Gilstead Apartment, Gilstead Brooks, Gilstead Court, Gilstead Mansion, Gilstead View, Gloucester Mansions, Goldhill Garden, Goldhill Towers, Goodwill Mansion, Grand Tower, Hillcrest Arcadia, Hillside Homes, Hollywood Park, Iridium, Jade Gardens, Jubilation Apartment, Kartar Apartments, Kellett Court, Kew Lodge, Kheam Hock Garden, La Maison, La Novelle, La Suisse 1, La Suisse 2, Le Shantier, Lincoln Lodge, Lincolnsvale, Lion Towers , Lutus at Mount Rosie , Maison Royale, Malcolm Park, Mandalay Court, Mandalay Mansion, Mandalay Towers, Mandalay Ville, Mandale Heights, Minbu Court, Minbu Villa, Miro, Monarchy Apartment, Montebleu, Morimasa Gardens, Moulmein Court, Moulmein Green, Moulmein Rise, Moulmein View, Mount Rosie Garden, Newton 18, Newton Euro-Asia, Newton Meadows, Newton One, Newton Point, Newton Suites, Newton View, Novena Court, Novena Gardens, Novena Hall (International Students Hostel), Novena Hill, Novena lodge, Novena Suites, Novena Ville, Olivio, One Akyab, Orchid Apartmemt, Parc Infinia @ Wee Nam, Pasadena, Pavillion II at Novena, Pastoral View, Peak Court Condo, Peppermint Grove, Pinacle 16, Point Loma, Residences @ Evelyn, Rocca Balestier, Rosevale, Ruby Plaza, Scenic Heights, Seedevi, Setia Residences, Shan Court, Shan Gate Apartment, Shelford Court, Shelford Green, Shelford Regency, Shelford Residences, Shelford Vale, Shelford View, Sky @ Eleven, Soleil @ Sinaran, Star Mansions , Strata, Suffolk Apartments, Suffolk Premier, Suites @ Surrey, Surrey Court , Surrey Point, Surrey Ville, Swiss Club Villas, Tan Tong Meng Tower , Ten @ Suffolk , The Albany , The Ansley, The Arcadia , The Axis, The Chancery Residence, The Hill Park , The Huntington , The Linc, The Lincoln Modern, The Medge, The Montebleu, The Sentinel, The Shelford, The Spinnaker, The Trevose, Thomson Euro-Asia, Thomson Mansions, Tian So Heights, Trevose 12, Trevose Park, Tudor Ten, Ultra Mansion, University Park, Villa Chancerita, Villa Chancery, Villa Des Flores, Visin Apartment, Waldorf Mansions, Watten Estate Condo,Watten Estate, Watten Hill, Whitley Heights Condo.

Then, we look at the list of private property projects in D15:

Alpha Apartments, Amber Park, Amber Point, Amber Road No.11, Amber Towers, Amberglades, Aquarine Gardens, Aquene @ Telok Kurau, Arthur 118, Arthur Court, Arthur Mansions, Aspen Loft, Axis @ Siglap, Beta Grove, Bournemouth Eight, Breezeway in Katong, Burnfoot Terrace, Butterworth 33, Butterworth 8, Butterworth View, Cadence Light, Camay Court, Camelot, Canary Ville, Cannaville, Carpmael Lodge, Casa Fidelio, Casa Merah, Casa Meyfort, Casafina, Casero @ Dunman, Castle Court, Casuarina Cove, Cathay Gardens, Ceylon Court, Ceylon Crest, Ceylon Flats, Chapel Close, Chapel Court, Chapel Lodge, Chapel Mansions, Chelsea Lodge, Chia Garden, Chiang's Court, Chiku Mansions, Chin Bee Mansion, Coastarina, Costa Del Sol, Costa Rhu, Cote D'Azur, Crane Court, Crescendo Park, Crystal Rhu, Culford Gardens, D'Ecosia, D'Focus Apartment, D'Marine, D'Saville, Dawn Ville, De La Salle, Deng Fu Court, Duku Apartment, Duku Court, Dunman Place, Dunman Place, Dunman View, East Coast Apartments, East Coast Mansions, East Coast Park, East Court, East Galleria, East Grove, East Meadows, East Palm, East Shore Court, East Side Loft, East Signature, East Signature, East Treasure, East View, East Ville, Eastern Lagoon II, Eastern Mansions, Eastern Residence, Eastwind Mansions, Eastwood Gardens, Ebony Mansions, Ee Wang Park, Emerald East, Emery Point, Emprado Suites, Eng Say Garden, Equatorial Apartments, Espace, Estique, Euro-Asia Lodge, Everitt Green, Fenara Court, Fernwood Terrace, Fernwood Towers, Finland Gardens, Flamingo Valley, Flora East, Fort Gardens, Fortredale, Fortune Jade, Fortune Spring, Fortville, Fragrance Centre, Frankel Estate, Galaxy Tower , Gallery 8, Gideon's Lodge, Glenfield Apartments, Gold Palm Mansions, Goldleaf Gardens, Good Earth Lodge, Goodwill Court, Grace Court, Grace Garden, Gracious Mansions, Grand Duchess at St Patrick, Grand Residence, Gray Mansions, Grosvenor View, Haig Apartment, Haig Court, Haig Garden, Haig Groove, Haig Mansions, Haig Ten, Harmony Mansion, Hawaii Tower, Heiwa Court, Heji Gardens, Heritage Residences, Hong Joo Park, Hong Yun Court, Hua Xin Court, Imperial Heights, Ivory Apartments, J Court, Jersey Lodge, Joo Chiat Apartment, Joo Chiat Court, Joo Chiat Lodge, Joo Chiat Mansions, Joy Court, Joyful Mansions, Jupiter Court, K Gardens, Kampong Tembiling, Katong Apartments, Katong Gardens, Katong Mansion, Katong Omega Apartment, Katong Park Towers, Keng Yee Garden, Kim Wee Mansion, King's Apartment, King's Mansions, Klassic Court, Knox View, Koon Seng House, Kurau Court, La Meyer, La Ville, Lagoon View, Laguna Green, Laguna Park, Lau's Arcadia, Le Conney Park, Le Merritt, Leck Teck Court, Legenda, Leyuke Apartments, Liang Apartments, Lodge 77, Long Nian Court, Lotus at Joo Chiat, Madeira Court, Maisonette Apartments, Malvern Springs, Mandarin Garden, Mangis Park, Manila Gardens, Margate Mansions, Margate Point, Marine Mansions, Marine Meadows, Marine Parade Garden, Marine Point, Marine View Mansions, Marshall Lodge, Martia 8, Martia Court, Maybelle Lodge, Melina Court, Mellow Mansions, Mera East, Meyer Park, Meyer Residence, Mia Place, Module, Mountbatten Regency, Nanak Mansions, Nature Mansion, Neptune Court, Ocean Apartments, Ocean Park, Octaville, Onan Court, One Amber, One Fort, One K Greenlane, Ong's Mansion, Opera Estate, Orchid Mansion, Ovada, Palazetto, Palm Beach Gardens , Palm Oasis, Palm Vista, Paradise Palms, Park Court, Park East, Parkshore, Parkway Apartment, Parkway Lodge, Parkway Mansion, Parkway View, Peach Garden, Pebble Bay, Pebble Gardens, Peily Court, Peng's Court, Pine Court, Pinehurst Condo, Ping View, Poh Heng Court , Pomex Court, Poshgrove East, Prestige Residence, Pumpkin Garden , Radix, Rambai Court, Rambutan Mansions , Rich East Garden , Richmond Court , Riveredge, Roman Terrace, Rose Lane Court, Rose Maison, Rose Mansion, Rose Ville, Royale Mansions, Sanctuary Green, Sandal Woods, Sanderiana, Santa Fe Mansions, Sapphire Court, Sayang Villa, Sea Avenue Mansions , Sea Avenue Residences, Sea Breeze Apartment, Seaview Park, Seaview Point, Seraya Court, Seraya Lodge, Seraya Ville, Sheda Lodge, Sheridian Court, Siglap Centre, Siglap Lodge, Siglap Park, Silahis Apartments, Spring @ Katong, Springvale, St Partrick's Loft, St Patrick's Garden, St Patrick's Green, St Patrick's Row, St Patrick's View, St Patrick's Villa, St Patrick's Court, Still Mansions , Stillingia Court, Sunnidora. Sunny Palms, Sunnyvale, Sunrise Townhouse, Sunshine Grandeur, Sunshine Regency, Taipan Grand, Taipan Jade, Taipan Regency, Tandeville, Tanjong Ria, Telok Indah, Telok Kurau Court, Telok Kurau Lodge, Telok Kurau Mansion, Telok Kurau Ria, Telok Kurau View, Telok Mansion, Telok Ville, Tembeling Grove, Terrace View, Tessa Lodge, TG Mansion, The Albracca, The Atria, The Bale, The Beccagayle, The Belvedere, The Bouganville, The Carpmaelina, The Champagne, The East Side, The Elegance @ Changi, The Espira, The Esta, The Geranium, The Glacier, The Glenwood Regency, The Grandiflora, The Hacienda, The Makena, The Medley, The Meyer Place, The Navigators, The Nclave, The Palladium, The Prominence, The Seafront on Meyer, The Seaview, The Silverston, The Sovereign, The Sunniflora, The Sunny Legend, The Treeline, The Vermillion, The Vesta, The View @ Meyer, The Waterside, Tian Court, Tiara Vista, Tierra Vue, Tong Chuan Mansion , Torie Mansions , United Mansion, Veranda, Vertis, Villa Marina , Villa Martia, Vitra, Water Place , Wedgewood Mansions, Wen Yuan Court, Willa Marine, Woo Man Chew Court , Worthington , Yi Li Apartment, Yong Shuey Lodge..

Compare the 2 lists and what can you conclude? Either D15 is too congested or?
    ouch, my eyes are bleeding. if D15 is slightly larger, there should naturally be more housing eh? can also argue that D15 has the beach, useless army bases and land sucking golf courses. but hey, you are right in saying D11 is smaller than D15, but just that it's not as small as D9.

If to compare D9 to D11, I believe D9 is more popular despite its smaller size, and that is why prices have been bidded up sky high (>$5000 psf! Ochs! Very hot indeed!)

If we leave D9 aside and consider D15, and If D15 is just a tad bigger than D11, why the list of projects in D15 is more than double that of D11? Unfortunately there is no easy way for us to know the number of private households in each districts. Anybody have the figures?

ouch, my eyes are bleeding. if D15 is slightly larger, there should naturally be more housing eh? can also argue that D15 has the beach, useless army bases and land sucking golf courses. but hey, you are right in saying D11 is smaller than D15, but just that it's not as small as D9.

Tell me frankly, which is more popular in terms of sales? [/quote]

Toyota

stop this nonsense .. i cant

stop this nonsense ... i cant

opps its a TOYOTA ..just cant stop