Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: District 15 still the top draw

Default district 15 still top draws

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    sigh, don't think it's fruitful trying to make sense to one with sub-par logic. check my comments, it's simple. i state that popularity has no direct correlation to price as the latter is simply determined by supply and demand. by the way, thank you for agreeing with me, for the umpteenth time, that price is determined by supply and demand.

then you bring in limited supply, elasticity of price, blah blah blah, to make a more rounded case when holes were being poked at.

please read your previous posts where you claim price was affected by popularity without bringing in any substantiative arguments.

going by your initial claim if popularity has any direct bearing on price, then the most expensive car models in singapore should rightfully be the toyota altis and kia cerato

with this, i rest my case
    Please read your tread again before you comment...you say price is about expansive or cheap...I disagree....because it is not about cheap or expansive...cheap or expansive is perception....

Price is about supply and demand as i have also maintained but not just about supply and demand....the product needs to be popular...if product is popular, it has high demand....then the supply come into picture...

But you start to disagree and say look at commodities....and i say property is not commodities because supply is not elastic...

So, please do not try to go back your words..your words is well reflected in your response in this forum and everyone can go back to check what you have said....this is clear and do not try to argue otherwise...

Default District 15 still top draws

sigh, don't think it's fruitful trying to make sense to one with sub-par logic. check my comments, it's simple. i state that popularity has no direct correlation to price as the latter is simply determined by supply and demand. by the way, thank you for agreeing with me, for the umpteenth time, that price is determined by supply and demand.

then you bring in limited supply, elasticity of price, blah blah blah, to make a more rounded case when holes were being poked at.

please read your previous posts where you claim price was affected by popularity without bringing in any substantiative arguments.

going by your initial claim if popularity has any direct bearing on price, then the most expensive car models in singapore should rightfully be the toyota altis and kia cerato

with this, i rest my case
    I think i have also rebute clearly your car anology..

Look back at my comments again..

Toyota...cheap...popular yes...but supply too much...so price cannot go up..
    So, the supply is causing the price to remain low...

My statement is : price is affected by supply and demand but with a caveat...it must be popular....for the price to remain high..

Don't use your naive comparison of commodity again as i have rebute that already...

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I think i have also rebute clearly your car anology..

Look back at my comments again..

Toyota...cheap...popular yes...but supply too much...so price cannot go up..
    So, the supply is causing the price to remain low...

My statement is : price is affected by supply and demand but with a caveat..it .must be popular....for the price to remain high..

Don't use your naive comparison of commodity again as i have rebute that already...
    it .must be popular....for the price to remain high..
    vs
    Toyota...cheap...popular yes

Therefore shouldn't it be that both cases also applies?
    1. It can be popular because it is cheap cos everyone can afford.
    2. It can be popular cos everyone wants it thus sustaining the high price tag.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 20-04-10 at 17:37.

How can something so simple become so complicated?

Price is simply a matter of supply and demand.

Lol.

Base, commodity and common goods: Price elastic

Aspirational, and luxury goods: Price inelastic

Also depends on the target segment you are reaching out to.

Econs is never simple... lol

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    altho i personally think east coast far outstrips mt emily, i think there's a glut of boutiques in d15. last week was enquiring on mabelle - bank cannot support valuation, and was quite far away from asking price. one cannot compare resale boutiques with newly launched condos as the developers have bank tie ups that will support high valuations
    Owners on some smaller developments are trying to ride the wave. I viewed a unit at Mabelle to buy for personal stay a couple of months back and found the finishing to be poor. 1300+sft was asking $1.03m for a long time but nobody bought after 3 months, price went down to 982K (if I recall correctly). Think that unit should be sold now. But other smaller units have raised their prices to ard 1k psf!

1.03m for 1300sqft means it's 800psf at best and can't or difficult to sell but now the others are asking for 1000psf. It just doesn't add up. Or i'm missing something here...

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Owners on some smaller developments are trying to ride the wave. I viewed a unit at Mabelle to buy for personal stay a couple of months back and found the finishing to be poor. 1300+sft was asking $1.03m for a long time but nobody bought after 3 months, price went down to 982K (if I recall correctly). Think that unit should be sold now. But other smaller units have raised their prices to ard 1k psf!

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    crazy pricing now at about 1100psf. whatever the case, banks cannot match asking valuations for D15 boutiques at the moment, for whatever reason.

just playing a waiting game now.

The 1300sft unit couldn't sell. My guess is maybe coz of poor finishing, not too good layout and west facing (pretty warm). So there are both unit-specific and development-specific issues. The smaller units (asking ard 1k psf) probably have a better layout and maybe better facing, but fundamental issue on quality of finishing remains.

I read with amusement on this "Dx is more prime than Dy" discussion->debate->outright quarrel -> personal attack -> ? ....

and I find it amazing this very topic is being debated. r u kidding or what ? Go ask any rich banker in raffles place and tell me where is prime

after 7 pages, this simple post says the best:

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Base, commodity and common goods: Price elastic

Aspirational, and luxury goods: Price inelastic

Econs is never simple...
    ... ok you guys can continue

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Where is prime according to the rich banker hah?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I read with amusement on this "Dx is more prime than Dy" discussion->debate->outright quarrel -> personal attack -> ? ....

and I find it amazing this very topic is being debated. r u kidding or what ? Go ask any rich banker in raffles place and tell me where is prime

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Where is prime according to the rich banker hah?

Meyer road ? ?

investment banker..who park his car in condo ..his wife park hers on visitor lots.. and his daughter parks her along the road outside condo ..

sia sway investment banker .. give bad names to banker ..

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    How can something so simple become so complicated?

Price is simply a matter of supply and demand.
    totally agree. it's just that our luzman has commented previously that price is dependent on popularity, which all of us has pointed out it's supply and demand. i guess don't need to cast pearls to swines since they can't fathom

totally agree. it's just that our luzman has commented previously that price is dependent on popularity, which all of us has pointed out it's supply and demand. i guess don't need to cast pearls to swines since they can't fathom
    Precisely, save your breaths on the ah nehs...they just talk and talk and at the end of the day, nobody understands what they are talking abt.

Little India is his prime territory and he tried to push the idea to D15 (the most popular aka highest sales record district) residents that Little India is equivalent to Orchard Rd.

And another BEAR even more ridiculous to say Novena / Balestier will go up to $5600 psf cos that was the historical high in D9 Orchard Rd!

They both claim the D15 (again the most popular district) cannot hit $1500 psf when the record high already exceeded more than $2000 psf???

Reality bites, ah nehs shoud stop dreaming and continue sell their pratas (at reasonable price), not carrot price.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

You are as funny as the other two nehs. The whole topic is talking about popularity, not what's prime and what's not, not what should be priced higher than the other.

Being prime does not mean it is most popular. Charging premium price also does not mean it is popular.

Popularity simply means price is charged at a reasonable level that many people chose to buy it aka achieved highest number of transactions sold.

Some folks here just dunno how to read or understand English words properly. They just jump into their own interpretations and conclusions.

Confused souls...haiz

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I don't understand why the COLOUR keep harping about ah neh? He lives in D15 and now got lots of ah neh also. Probably he likes ah neh very much or he regretted buying in D15 and now keep complaining about the ah neh invading his vicinity? Regretted and asking people (the "carrot") to buy over his property from him at a high price by saying his is better than many of the CCR properties and hence should command higher price than those?
    I am pretty sure the Ah Nehs residing in D15 are sitting in an aircon room reading Fortune magazines while the Ah Nehs in Little India are sweating under the sun building mickey mouse homes for the dreaming teddy bears

Wake up! wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I am pretty sure the Ah Nehs residing in D15 are sitting in an aircon room reading Fortune magazines while the Ah Nehs in Little India are sweating under the sun building mickey mouse homes for the dreaming teddy bears

Wake up! wake up!
    Wake up because your Monday blue is getting u confused....stop dreaming that your Joo Chiat boutique apartment will reach $2000psf..when that day come, it will be true that Teddy bear $5000psf will come true too...what an idiot!

http://tutor2u.net/economics/content...lasticity2.gif

Wow..I am surprised that you agree with the graph....go back to school to study mire economics lah...don't go around using a simple demand and supply curve and try telling others you know...

The correct one is the attached....Property supply is not very elastic...what you are referring is a perfect market...

My advice...go back to school to learn more about economics lah....its laughable when u dunno what u are talking about and refer to properties as commodities like mobile phone...what a joke..

You are as funny as the other two nehs. The whole topic is talking about popularity, not what's prime and what's not, not what should be priced higher than the other.

Being prime does not mean it is most popular. Charging premium price also does not mean it is popular.

Popularity simply means price is charged at a reasonable level that many people chose to buy it aka achieved highest number of transactions sold.

Some folks here just dunno how to read or understand English words properly. They just jump into their own interpretations and conclusions.

Confused souls...haiz
    Dont get your monday blue affect your thinking because it is telling us that is it....

Popular is a general term...district 15 is popular with who? I know chicken rice is very popular in Singapore....does that statement mean anything to u? I dont think so cos you need to be a little educated when u read statements....unless of course u are not that educated and take evrything at face value and no depth which i m sure u are....

District 15 is popular with home buyers...that is true but not for investors...and as Teddy bear has pointed out correctly...if not for the high price in prime district, the prime district will also be very very popular....but because most of the home buyers are priced out of the prime district, they have to buy somewhere that they can afford...and hence, it is popular for home buyers for own stay...

Dont get your monday blue affect your thinking because it is telling us that is it....

Popular is a general term...district 15 is popular with who? I know chicken rice is very popular in Singapore....does that statement mean anything to u? I dont think so cos you need to be a little educated when u read statements....unless of course u are not that educated and take evrything at face value and no depth which i m sure u are....

District 15 is popular with home buyers...that is true but not for investors...and as Teddy bear has pointed out correctly...if not for the high price in prime district, the prime district will also be very very popular....but because most of the home buyers are priced out of the prime district, they have to buy somewhere that they can afford...and hence, it is popular for home buyers for own stay...
    Ok, so finally now there's a common consensus that D15 is popular with home buyers! Not bec it has the largest area or the largest number of supply which some claim to be. So the moral of the story is: D15 still the top draw - there is nothing wrong with what the journalist is reporting!

Damn, it takes how many rounds of beating around the bushes to derive at this point?

But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities.

A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices.

wow, do you have to stoop to such a low level and use my chicken rice analogy to support yourself??

gg. new low

wow, do you have to stoop to such a low level and use my chicken rice analogy to support yourself??

gg. new low
    No no..I am using your commodity example like mobile phones you have quoted to show how uniformed you are about properties...

Ok, so finally now there's a common consensus that D15 is popular with home buyers! Not bec it has the largest area or the largest number of supply which some claim to be. So the moral of the story is: D15 still the top draw - there is nothing wrong with what the journalist is reporting!

Damn, it takes how many rounds of beating around the bushes to derive at this point?

But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities.

A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices.
    I already say..don't get confused leh...y u still get confused all the time..its Thursday so...its no more Monday..

Please check my previous comments...

1) I never say the journalist report is wrong...how can that be so in Singapore reporting? I say the report gives a general statement that's all...and i say it is popular with home buyers....but not people like me who is an investor...please check my previous treads to confirm again if you are all mixed up by others' comments..
    The report can also say Toyota is popular...but that does not tell u popular with who? If you have budget, you wouldnt want to buy toyota n=but preferred BMW or Merc right? If you have more budget, then Mersarati is a popular choice right? So, popular here does not mean much to me in this case unless it tell us it is popular with what type of buyers..

2) Second, there is a lot of the statements you made is totally wrong and i am here to correct as it is misleading to people...
    Eg...You stated in your comments that Singapore is so small and that there is no such thing as prime district...this is the single most stupid statement i have ever heard from anyone who knows about property and i presume yoiu should be since you are writing in this forum..but this statement of yours is totally idiotic...and i replied that if that is the case, we should not be buying property at different prices..and Mr Mah Bow Tan should set all pries the same...totally laughable..

3) Your latest statement is also full of flaws that I felt that I need to correct you once again...

You say "
    But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities."

The above is wrong....The most important attributes is the location which officially meant district....the rest is debatable and has much less impact on pricing...(District segregation is never a formality..it is a differientiator, don't come back and tell me district 22 is not difference to district 15...because I wont buy it....and many people don't and I am not sure about u)..Therefore, district 9,10, 11 is undisputed in terms of better location than 15...no argument about that...and so, in general, the prices there will always command a higher quantum than 15...you dont have to argue about this fact.....because it is a fact...don't tell me this project in district 15 is selling higher than that project in district 9,10 and 11....cos than, I will tell u another project will sell higher in district 9,10,11 than in district 15 and there is no end...
    In general, projects in 9,10 and 11 sell higher than 15 and that is my statement and this cannot be disputed...full stop..

4) Your comment "A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices." clearly shows your still lack of clear mind and good argument in this topic of property pricing..

The product you are talking is fashion goods....not about location my friend....here, fashion goods has no part to play in whether it is situated in a good location or bad...the product the boutiques are trying to sell is fashion good...LV being a premium fashion brand sell higher than G2000 which is mass market product...Don't get confused leh....
    Please think properly before you respond in the future because it is very tiring trying to correct every mistakes you made...and theer are so many flaws in your statement and it gets me wonder why are you even trying to write something....

I already say..don't get confused leh...y u still get confused all the time..its Thursday so...its no more Monday..

Please check my previous comments...

1) I never say the journalist report is wrong...how can that be so in Singapore reporting? I say the report gives a general statement that's all...and i say it is popular with home buyers....but not people like me who is an investor...please check my previous treads to confirm again if you are all mixed up by others' comments..
    The report can also say Toyota is popular...but that does not tell u popular with who? If you have budget, you wouldnt want to buy toyota n=but preferred BMW or Merc right? If you have more budget, then Mersarati is a popular choice right? So, popular here does not mean much to me in this case unless it tell us it is popular with what type of buyers..

2) Second, there is a lot of the statements you made is totally wrong and i am here to correct as it is misleading to people...
    Eg...You stated in your comments that Singapore is so small and that there is no such thing as prime district...this is the single most stupid statement i have ever heard from anyone who knows about property and i presume yoiu should be since you are writing in this forum..but this statement of yours is totally idiotic...and i replied that if that is the case, we should not be buying property at different prices..and Mr Mah Bow Tan should set all pries the same...totally laughable..

3) Your latest statement is also full of flaws that I felt that I need to correct you once again...

You say "
    But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities."

The above is wrong....The most important attributes is the location which officially meant district....the rest is debatable and has much less impact on pricing...(District segregation is never a formality..it is a differientiator, don't come back and tell me district 22 is not difference to district 15...because I wont buy it....and many people don't and I am not sure about u)..Therefore, district 9,10, 11 is undisputed in terms of better location than 15...no argument about that...and so, in general, the prices there will always command a higher quantum than 15...you dont have to argue about this fact.....because it is a fact...don't tell me this project in district 15 is selling higher than that project in district 9,10 and 11....cos than, I will tell u another project will sell higher in district 9,10,11 than in district 15 and there is no end...
    In general, projects in 9,10 and 11 sell higher than 15 and that is my statement and this cannot be disputed...full stop..

4) Your comment "A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices." clearly shows your still lack of clear mind and good argument in this topic of property pricing..

The product you are talking is fashion goods....not about location my friend....here, fashion goods has no part to play in whether it is situated in a good location or bad...the product the boutiques are trying to sell is fashion good...LV being a premium fashion brand sell higher than G2000 which is mass market product...Don't get confused leh....
    Please think properly before you respond in the future because it is very tiring trying to correct every mistakes you made...and theer are so many flaws in your statement and it gets me wonder why are you even trying to write something....
    Wah, again see long streaks of essay from you. Ah Neh habit never change yeah? Let's start the debate all over again:

1) Buying a home to stay is the same as investment => It is a long term investment so you get capital gain to cover your loan interest + profit when you exit in due course after staying for a couple of years. No home buyers buy with the view that the home would worth nothing in the end (i.e. depreciation) when they sell. To me, you are not an investor, just a speculator, cos you buy something that you dun even want to stay there. You are just waiting for another carrort to catch the hook.

2) See??? You think too extreme again and you like to put words in pple's mouth. My statement / opinion is that even the most prime area in Singapore will not have drastic difference / gap against other less prime areas in Singapore bec Singapore is so small. The high tide will always flow over to the low tide. That goes the same for property prices in Singapore. If not, why do we see Bishan HDB sold at record high of S$900k?

3) Your stupidity / confusion blinds you. I challenge you to give me the proof that ALL D9/10/11 properties are sold higher than ALL D15. Dun quote extreme examples. Pratas in Little India will always be sold at prata price not LV price.

4) I am quoting the example of Parc Emily in so called D9. Can it sell $3000psf like those in the heart of Orchard Rd? You must be kidding. G2000 can never sell like LV prices even though both offers the same commodity i.e. fashion wear. Branding is key. And properties are subjected to Branding. Being categorised in D9 does not mean it can command high prices.

Have a nice day ahead selling pratas!

Wah, again see long streaks of essay from you. Ah Neh habit never change yeah? Let's start the debate all over again:

1) Buying a home to stay is the same as investment => It is a long term investment so you get capital gain to cover your loan interest + profit when you exit in due course after staying for a couple of years. No home buyers buy with the view that the home would worth nothing in the end (i.e. depreciation) when they sell. To me, you are not an investor, just a speculator, cos you buy something that you dun even want to stay there. You are just waiting for another carrort to catch the hook.

2) See??? You think too extreme again and you like to put words in pple's mouth. My statement / opinion is that even the most prime area in Singapore will not have drastic difference / gap against other less prime areas in Singapore bec Singapore is so small. The high tide will always flow over to the low tide. That goes the same for property prices in Singapore. If not, why do we see Bishan HDB sold at record high of S$900k?

3) Your stupidity / confusion blinds you. I challenge you to give me the proof that ALL D9/10/11 properties are sold higher than ALL D15. Dun quote extreme examples. Pratas in Little India will always be sold at prata price not LV price.

4) I am quoting the example of Parc Emily in so called D9. Can it sell $3000psf like those in the heart of Orchard Rd? You must be kidding. G2000 can never sell like LV prices even though both offers the same commodity i.e. fashion wear. Branding is key. And properties are subjected to Branding. Being categorised in D9 does not mean it can command high prices.

Have a nice day ahead selling pratas!
    What an idiotic response from u as always...please wake up..today is Thursday and not Monday...

1) Don't be foolish and naive...the priority of home buyers and investors are totally different...if one is buying for home stay, u buy for affordability...if one is buying for investment, what you are looking at is capital appreciation....

Don't tell me about appreciation because all home will appreciate over a long time...its not the point here..the point of contention is what is the purpose of property buyers...even HDB can appreciate but i don't think it is for investment purposes...

2) Don't be naive again about the gap differences....there will always be a gap difference in different districts...if there is no gap different...I suggest u go buy woodlands or Jurong because there is not much price difference according to what you wish...but your wish is not what the market will do to satisfy you my friend....the peak in District 9 will always be higher..at least $1000 to 2000psf than district 15...that's a fact..

3)Please check my statement before you tell others that they are stupid...because the stupid one is u...I say in General...read properly...dun know who is the stupid idiot...?? U need me to proof that in general my statement is true?

4) Wake up again my friend...When did i say Parc Emily will sell at $3000psf??? I say if one amber can sell at $1500psf..then the rest also an sell at $2000psf...check my statement again....totally confused individual here....

No no..I am using your commodity example like mobile phones you have quoted to show how uniformed you are about properties...
    'uniformed'. let me go look for an emblem or logo to stitch onto my shirt.

if my analogy shows that i'm un-informed, why on earth are you then using my analogy to support your arguments? to show that you are as un-informed as me?

one thing we can definitely deduce for sure, you are not in the legal line
    by the way, if you need primary level english/spelling lessons, i can always provide you contacts of tuition agencies

What an idiotic response from u as always...please wake up..today is Thursday and not Monday...

1) Don't be foolish and naive...the priority of home buyers and investors are totally different...if one is buying for home stay, u buy for affordability...if one is buying for investment, what you are looking at is capital appreciation....

Don't tell me about appreciation because all home will appreciate over a long time...its not the point here..the point of contention is what is the purpose of property buyers...even HDB can appreciate but i don't think it is for investment purposes...

2) Don't be naive again about the gap differences....there will always be a gap difference in different districts...if there is no gap different...I suggest u go buy woodlands or Jurong because there is not much price difference according to what you wish...but your wish is not what the market will do to satisfy you my friend....the peak in District 9 will always be higher..at least $1000 to 2000psf than district 15...that's a fact..

3)Please check my statement before you tell others that they are stupid...because the stupid one is u...I say in General...read properly...dun know who is the stupid idiot...?? U need me to proof that in general my statement is true?

4) Wake up again my friend...When did i say Parc Emily will sell at $3000psf??? I say if one amber can sell at $1500psf..then the rest also an sell at $2000psf...check my statement again....totally confused individual here....
    All the above comments just show your STU_PIG_DITY again

Do you dare to warrant your words? So when One Amber hits $1500 psf and not all D9 properties hit $2000 psf, will you chop off your kuku head?

Do you dare to warrant your words? So when One Amber hits $1500 psf and not all D9 properties hit $2000 psf, will you chop off your kuku head?
    sure...let's bet...the kuku will be u...cos if One amber goes up...that most of district 9 will also go up...want to bet?

Default District 15 still top draws

'uniformed'. let me go look for an emblem or logo to stitch onto my shirt.

if my analogy shows that i'm un-informed, why on earth are you then using my analogy to support your arguments? to show that you are as un-informed as me?

one thing we can definitely deduce for sure, you are not in the legal line
    by the way, if you need primary level english/spelling lessons, i can always provide you contacts of tuition agencies
    Wow...don't know which level of education u have and go around telling others language lousy etc...

Just like u have no economics background and try to use a simple demand and supply curve to tell others what is economics...

Use a commodity as an example to illustrate that property is like commodities and so, prices follow simple demand and supply curve...

Total nonsense....u better go back to school to learn more...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Since you say D15 so good, why not turn the table around and if One Amber don't hit $1500 psf by end of this year you chop yours?
    (Better don't lah because you will end up like J-Dog. )