Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: District 15 still the top draw

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    Priced way out of perceived value?? Who gives you the authority to say what is its percieved value?? To many people, its value is there and that's y people pay such prices....to you, its not worth the $? That's your problem because prices are determined by market forces..

To me, market forces determined the prices...who cares what is your percieved value...I also think the percieved value in Singapore should be less than $500psf everywhere in Singapore but the market doesnt think so...so, what do u do? Accept the fact that market forces will determine the fair prices and value...that's free market economics...
    The Hello Kitty Syndrome....it was first launched in Mcdonalds with long strings of overnight queues eyeing to get hold of the full collection of Hello Kitty series. And in the secondary market, these soft toys were sold at 20 times higher than its original price. You term this as popular???

And now, even you give the soft toys away for free, some may not even want it.

Likewise, when the market corrects, we will see which District is more popular in terms of price fall.

The District that that most buy to invest or the District that most buy to stay?

The District that charges "carrot" prices or the District that charges reasonable prices?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Cannot compare to Hello Kitty syndrome.

1) Those who pay so much money for D9-D11 properties are rich. They get rich because they are stupid? (based on your reasoning?)

2) What is value? These people are so rich that their perceived value is different from others (e.g. you). You may think it is worth $1000 psf, but some of them think the property in D9 is worth $5600 psf. We don't see them paying $5600 psf for D15?

3) These rich people are also the ones paying >$1500 psf in 2005 for D9 properties, and that is already prices reached in 1998 (peak prices). They must have seemed stupid to pay such prices at that time. Fast forward to now, don't think anybody can buy any decent FH condo estate with full facilities in D9 at $1500 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    The Hello Kitty Syndrome....it was first launched in Mcdonalds with long strings of overnight queues eyeing to get hold of the full collection of Hello Kitty series. And in the secondary market, these soft toys were sold at 20 times higher than its original price. You term this as popular???

Likewise, when the market corrects, we will see which District is more popular in terms of price fall.

The District that that most buy to invest or the District that most buy to stay?

The District that charges "carrot" prices or the District that charges reasonable prices?

I think Mr eng81157 needs to go back to school to study some Economics 101....price means many things my friend...if there is no demand or not popular...do you think the price will be high? let's not talk about branding in property market...can you tell me which district is branded? Come on, let's talk some sense in this forum...the high price in district 9, 10 and 11 is primarily due to its appeal to very central locations, very attractive shopping and eatting...world class buzz area...therefore, there is a lot a demand there....and based on simple economics, demand is higher than supply....and hence the price trends up...

If you still have no idea what i talked about, I sugguest you pick up an economics book and start reading...or maybe you can sign up some class to learn about economics and market forces that drive pricing..
    i rest my case. u even agree that pricing is about supply and demand. price is about cheap and expensive, popularity is about favourite and hated.

think you need to attend economics 001, branding 001 and english classes.....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Cannot compare to Hello Kitty syndrome.

1) Those who pay so much money for D9-D11 properties are rich. They get rich because they are stupid? (based on your reasoning?)

2) What is value? These people are so rich that their perceived value is different from others (e.g. you). You may think it is worth $1000 psf, but some of them think the property in D9 is worth $5600 psf. We don't see them paying $5600 psf for D15?

3) These rich people are also the ones paying >$1500 psf in 2005 for D9 properties, and that is already prices reached in 1998 (peak prices). They must have seemed stupid to pay such prices at that time. Fast forward to now, don't think anybody can buy any decent FH condo estate with full facilities in D9 at $1500 psf?
    Those who can afford Orchard Rd is not necessarily rich. Any middle income can also afford a 1 to 2 bedders in Orchard Rd. For the same amount of money paid, they can also go for double or triple the space i.e. a corner terrace or a semi-D in the RCR where it is only 10 to 15 mins away from Orchard Rd.

The really super duper rich ones are the GCB owners in Nassim Hill area or the ones who spent $10M to buy a super large penthouse in Orchard. Would they bother to squeeze and live in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Rd? These are mainly bought by speculators or hypes following the Hello Kitty syndrome, thinking that there will be another "carrot" down the road waiting to be chopped.

And people are using Orchard Rd to compare alike with Manhattan or Downtown NYC. For all I know, the entire Singapore island is even smaller than NYC, and population is not even 1/3 of NYC.

For all I know, the entire Singapore island is even smaller than NYC, and population is not even 1/3 of NYC.

Above what a load of bullshit. Singapore has a population of 5+m and NYC has a population of about 8m. How can Singapore's population be <1/3 of NYC? Next time better check your data before you talk nonsense here.
    Since what you said always so much nonsense, the rest don't have to argue anymore. People live in/near Orchard because of life style, because they like the liveliness and buzz in Orchard, being able to get to Orchard within 5 mins or less, to a stretch of 2.2km of street with shops, restaurants, eateries, and fun all in one place. Where can you find another place like Orchard in Singapore? That is why some people rather buy a mickey mouse hole in/near Orchard than to buy a big pig sty in the suburb (e.g. D15?).
    Since these people like it, why should you care? I don't think these people care what you think (else they won't be buying the mickey mouse hole despite so many doom-nayers calling them stupid, idiot, etc for buying a mickey mouse hole in/near Orchard).

Those who can afford Orchard Rd is not necessarily rich. Any middle income can also afford a 1 to 2 bedders in Orchard Rd. For the same amount of money paid, they can also go for double or triple the space i.e. a corner terrace or a semi-D in the RCR where it is only 10 to 15 mins away from Orchard Rd.

The really super duper rich ones are the GCB owners in Nassim Hill area or the ones who spent $10M to buy a super large penthouse in Orchard. Would they bother to squeeze and live in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Rd? These are mainly bought by speculators or hypes following the Hello Kitty syndrome, thinking that there will be another "carrot" down the road waiting to be chopped.

And people are using Orchard Rd to compare alike with Manhattan or Downtown NYC. For all I know, the entire Singapore island is even smaller than NYC, and population is not even 1/3 of NYC.

Angry district 15 still top draws

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i rest my case. u even agree that pricing is about supply and demand. price is about cheap and expensive, popularity is about favourite and hated.

think you need to attend economics 001, branding 001 and english classes.....
    I think you are one that needs some brushing in English...Let me reiterate again if you don't get my point:

Price is always dependent on supply and demand....that's the basis of economics...Price is not about expansive or cheap..expansive or cheap is a perception...you need to justify when you say whether it is expansive or cheap as you will need to compare similar properties with similar traits...just like when you buy stock...(if you don't understand what i mean again...i am sorry for your lack of knowledge)

Popularity means very well liked....if you are very popular...it means u are well liked....so, what does that translate to? You are in demand and people like u...

So, back to property...if a district is well liked...it is very popular...so, everyone also wants to buy it...so, what happens...? people will pay for the market value....so, if the district is popular, what will happen to the market value? It will go up right? Prices will go up right? What is keeping the momentum of pricing go up? Supply becomes less because everyone wants it right? It in turn pushes the prices higher and higher...that's the market forces of free economy and the theory of Economics will tell you prices is determined by supply and demand. If the district is not popular, even if you keep the supply limited, the prices will remain stagnant...so, my point is that popularity drives demand and causes prices to remain high...

Sorry folks for giving a very simple and long description because someone here obvious do not understand what i am talking about...

Please say good things about districts 9 and 15, and not bad things about each other.

Both districts are very good! Here is why:

District 15

Singapore's southeastern shoreline has always been a tremendously popular location for living and playing.

Clear, unblocked views to the eastern Straits of Singapore will soon show you why.

District 9

Centrally-located districts boasting some of the most beautiful condominium architecture in the country.

Called the "prime districts" because condominium prices and land values here are the highest in Singapore.

Glitz, glamour, shopping, wining and dining - it all happens here.

Default district 15 still top draws

Ok...let me dispute you point by point to make knock some sense into you for your argument...

First, hello kitty??? you are confusing fad with market demand...hello kiddy is a fad at that time...people chase it but it fizzle out in no one...

Property market price is not a fad..its determine my market forces...U wont see a price go down suddenly because people lose interest in it after a while..it will only come down when there is a crisis and nothing else..even so, it will always trend up...

Second...you made a comment that when crisis come, we will see which district is more popular in price fall....
    Here, you are confused again....why do i say that...because it may be true that investment properties usually experienced greater price fall...sure, but because they experienced greater price rises during uptime, it is also normal that they experience more price fall..that's just logic...and nothing else...you wouldnt want to buy a stock that dont go up too much and dont go down too much..do u?

At the day, those properties for own stay will remain a little up and a little down depends on how the economy is doing...

a swatch irony costs $200
    an omega automatic costs $2000
    both use a $10 brass movement from ETA
    nobody aspires to wear a swatch

You are wrong...Swatch caters to a different generation and most of those who wear Swatch are students and youngsters who identify it as hip. If you tell a youngster to wear an Omega, he might feel it is too old.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You are wrong...Swatch caters to a different generation and most of those who wear Swatch are students and youngsters who identify it as hip. If you tell a youngster to wear an Omega, he might feel it is too old.
    but that's also subjective - to my correlation on how different strokes view property differently. back in primary/sec, swatch wasn't viewed as anything special and classmates aspired for a TAG or seamaster ora submariner. just as today, some grownups aspire towards rolexes whilst others will not touch it with a barge pole.

thus there is no point arguing which district is better than the other, nor should one even bother to try to comprehend why someone talks up his district. a rolex owner will always view his as a better buy than a patek - but no matter what brand, complication or price - a $10 quartz watch does the same function.

but brand recognition changes over time. yesterday's eterna is displaced by today's richard mille. d15 was the historical sentosa cove of old where the v rich owned waterfrt estates, today its more mass market. today marina bay, tomorrow tanjong pagar .... who knows?

just read a book about the battle of berlin in WWII. the first thing that the russians grab when taking germans prisoners is their watches. they kill those without watches. obviously, any watch will do. if there were rolexes already in 1945, these russians probably wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Please say good things about districts 9 and 15, and not bad things about each other.

Both districts are very good! Here is why:

District 15

Singapore's southeastern shoreline has always been a tremendously popular location for living and playing.

Clear, unblocked views to the eastern Straits of Singapore will soon show you why.

District 9

Centrally-located districts boasting some of the most beautiful condominium architecture in the country.

Called the "prime districts" because condominium prices and land values here are the highest in Singapore.

Glitz, glamour, shopping, wining and dining - it all happens here.
    Agree with Master of Propertism that we should not be downplaying districts. There is no doubt D9 will always have a premium over D15 because of its prime location. But tat does not mean it's the most popular because of this premium price it charges. Nobody dreams to stay in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Road. All we know that affordability comes into play.

To live in a mickey house hole with no place to store goods, so what if you stay in or behind Orchard Rd? Build storage in the ceiling? Everyday can only do window shopping? Don't you feel very awkward to host parties because more than 3 persons in the hole is already super cramped? Sorry, I don't think many will envy such "upclass" living...

Then again, to each its own. Singapore is too small to talk about segregating what's prime and what's not prime, what's swatch and what's omega. Because the amount one pays for an omega, another can buy 10 x swatch watches. D9 prices is probably only twice of D15. It's more like a Rolex compared to Omega.

Please go and buy all D9 properties since it is super popular because it will eventually lead D15 prices to go higher.

SOON NEXT YEAR DISTRICT 18 GOING TO TAKE OVER.....

Agree with Master of Propertism that we should not be downplaying districts. There is no doubt D9 will always have a premium over D15 because of its prime location. But tat does not mean it's the most popular because of this premium price it charges. Nobody dreams to stay in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Road. All we know that affordability comes into play.

To live in a mickey house hole with no place to store goods, so what if you stay in or behind Orchard Rd? Build storage in the ceiling? Everyday can only do window shopping? Don't you feel very awkward to host parties because more than 3 persons in the hole is already super cramped? Sorry, I don't think many will envy such "upclass" living...

Then again, to each its own. Singapore is too small to talk about segregating what's prime and what's not prime, what's swatch and what's omega. Because the amount one pays for an omega, another can buy 10 x swatch watches. D9 prices is probably only twice of D15. It's more like a Rolex compared to Omega.

Please go and buy all D9 properties since it is super popular because it will eventually lead D15 prices to go higher.

Default District 15 still top draws

Sorry i have to disagree with your point again...because i think it is important that we are making correct statement in the forum for better decision making..

1) You mentioned that prime does not mean popular....I think you need to qualify this statement....popular with who? Investors or own stay? District 9 is popular with investors...and will remain so for many years..district 15 is popular for middle income people to stay...

2) About mickey mouse house..i am sure it is not just limited to district 9..we have seen many mickey house units also appearing in district 15..eg siglap V and Guillemard suites...so, it not a district problem..its a developer's problem..

3) Singapore is small but it doesnt mean it cannot have prime or not prime area...based on your comment...does that mean woodlands must have the same price as Marina bay?? Does that mean HDB prices are all the same since Singapore is so small, there should not be any differentiation? Try telling this to Mah Bow Tan...and he might laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    just read a book about the battle of berlin in WWII. the first thing that the russians grab when taking germans prisoners is their watches. they kill those without watches. obviously, any watch will do. if there were rolexes already in 1945, these russians probably wouldn't care.
    of course lah, most of the german army watches were langes or gub check out ebay - many recased ww2 lange and gub movts selling in the high thousands

Sorry i have to disagree with your point again...because i think it is important that we are making correct statement in the forum for better decision making..

1) You mentioned that prime does not mean popular....I think you need to qualify this statement....popular with who? Investors or own stay? District 9 is popular with investors...and will remain so for many years..district 15 is popular for middle income people to stay...

2) About mickey mouse house..i am sure it is not just limited to district 9..we have seen many mickey house units also appearing in district 15..eg siglap V and Guillemard suites...so, it not a district problem..its a developer's problem..

3) Singapore is small but it doesnt mean it cannot have prime or not prime area...based on your comment...does that mean woodlands must have the same price as Marina bay?? Does that mean HDB prices are all the same since Singapore is so small, there should not be any differentiation? Try telling this to Mah Bow Tan...and he might laugh...
    You don't have to agree with me bec I know you bought a mickey mouse unit in so called D9 - Parc Emily. It is nearer to Little India than Orchard Road. So don't tell people you stay / bgt Orchard Rd okay?

It's like buying an omega and try to make it look like Rolex.

You don't have to agree with me bec I know you bought a mickey mouse unit in so called D9 - Parc Emily. It is nearer to Little India than Orchard Road. So don't tell people you stay / bgt Orchard Rd okay?

First of all, I dont buy mickey mouse unit...and i never say anything that I bought near little india..you are arguing like a kid losing an argument...come on...this forum is for adults...

If you cannot rebute all your comments, you should just keep quiet and behave...

First of all, I dont buy mickey mouse unit...and i never say anything that I bought near little india..you are arguing like a kid losing an argument...come on...this forum is for adults...

If you cannot rebute all your comments, you should just keep quiet and behave...
    It's ok lah, whether you bought mickey mouse unit or not, or love to stay in Little India over East Coast is none of my business.

I oredi said I dun like to beat around the bush or hide behind trees with Ah Nehs, so I dun see why I should continue debating with you,.

But please, even though Parc Emily is in D9, it is not even the edge of Orchard Rd. Dun go around boasting you stay in Orchard Rd.

Another way to look at the current debate is between Lamborghini Gallardo 5.0 (M) (representing D9) and Porsche 911 GT2 (M) (representing D15).

One problem with D9 (should I call that a problem? ) is that it's psf is very high so it's very hard to swallow the big apartments or houses (HOUSES !!! ) = Murciélago (My dream car!!! )

I only know Property_Owner here plays with Ardmore Park, Tate Residences and Orchard Residences like playing with toys . The other person is probably Reporter ... wonder how big is his D9 apartment?
    Last edited by jlrx; 07-04-10 at 17:57.

The Master has spoken. This comparison sounds better. In fact, not too long ago, I saw a Lambo owner parked outside of The Shore showflat wor...hmm...

so much discussion for what as next year d18 taking over.

The Master has spoken. This comparison sounds better. In fact, not too long ago, I saw a Lambo owner parked outside of The Shore showflat wor...hmm...

It's ok lah, whether you bought mickey mouse unit or not, or love to stay in Little India over East Coast is none of my business.

I oredi said I dun like to beat around the bush or hide behind trees with Ah Nehs, so I dun see why I should continue debating with you,.

But please, even though Parc Emily is in D9, it is not even the edge of Orchard Rd. Dun go around boasting you stay in Orchard Rd.
    My friend..u sounded like u still in denial...Which statement did i boast that I stay in Orchard Road...u go around telling people half truth information and I am here to correct all your misinformed statements and now, you are behaving like a sore loser..

If u cannot take my response to all your statement like a gentlemen, then you should not make a statement because if you cannot substantiate your statement with a solid argument to back it, you should simply keep quiet because your response to my statement trying to correct all the misinformed information simply shows your lack of maturity in your defence,..

It is true that everyone will find a home in whatever shithole or crappy area. I can only wonder what is on a buyer's mind when he pays close to $1k psf for Centris

but that's also subjective - to my correlation on how different strokes view property differently. back in primary/sec, swatch wasn't viewed as anything special and classmates aspired for a TAG or seamaster ora submariner. just as today, some grownups aspire towards rolexes whilst others will not touch it with a barge pole.

thus there is no point arguing which district is better than the other, nor should one even bother to try to comprehend why someone talks up his district. a rolex owner will always view his as a better buy than a patek - but no matter what brand, complication or price - a $10 quartz watch does the same function.

but brand recognition changes over time. yesterday's eterna is displaced by today's richard mille. d15 was the historical sentosa cove of old where the v rich owned waterfrt estates, today its more mass market. today marina bay, tomorrow tanjong pagar .... who knows?

My friend..u sounded like u still in denial...Which statement did i boast that I stay in Orchard Road...u go around telling people half truth information and I am here to correct all your misinformed statements and now, you are behaving like a sore loser..

If u cannot take my response to all your statement like a gentlemen, then you should not make a statement because if you cannot substantiate your statement with a solid argument to back it, you should simply keep quiet because your response to my statement trying to correct all the misinformed information simply shows your lack of maturity in your defence,..
    You really fit into Litte India. Dun hestitiate, just go and buy your dream Parc Emily. You have the Ah Neh's characteristics - keep beating ard the bush, hiding among trees and keep demanding for explanations / clarifications. "Why this and why that....blah blah blah blah...". Yet when pple told you the truth and fact, you still can twist it around and ask for more. I don't hv the energy of an Ah Neh...you can continue non-stop, I just rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by tanumy
    so much discussion for what as next year d18 taking over.
    yeah d18 = d9 x2 .................

You really fit into Litte India. Dun hestitiate, just go and buy your dream Parc Emily. You have the Ah Neh's characteristics - keep beating ard the bush, hiding among trees and keep demanding for explanations / clarifications. "Why this and why that....blah blah blah blah...". Yet when pple told you the truth and fact, you still can twist it around and ask for more. I don't hv the energy of an Ah Neh...you can continue non-stop, I just rest my case.
    Dunno what ah neh you are nehing about...talk some much stuff in the above statement but no substance as always...what twist here twist there...i am correcting your twisted information and help others to see the truth..

Wah you so smart!
    2x better than D9!

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    yeah d18 = d9 x2 .................

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wah you so smart!
    2x better than D9!
    Then The Estuary is 3x as good as D9!