Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will Market Crash?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Although some members here don't like me to keep repeating the same things again and again, I have no choice but to correct mistakes that pop up again and again in the forums.

A statement like "you cannot be long on pty for too long" is simply, absolutely wrong.

Despite the short term cycles, property prices will always go up in the long term.

This had been proven by history.

Historical facts were irrefutable. Historical facts had shown that properties should only be bought. Not sold.

Read this post by me: http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...9&postcount=88
    Beyond doubt, your propertism is fundamentally strong.
    The only difference is that it applies to different people with diverse risk appetite. Some of them is critical because they wanted to be the next
    Ng TF or Li KS. in their lifetime and not to adopt propertism where
    in their last breadth: "Son this property is for you, u can relax & not work too hard, Daddy has slought hard to provide you this property"
    For those who are loaded and want to play safe, propertism is definitely good to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    The only difference is that it applies to different people with diverse risk appetite. Some of them is critical because they wanted to be the next
    in their last breadth: "Son this property is for you, u can relax & not work too hard, Daddy has slought hard to provide you this property"
    For those who are loaded and want to play safe, propertism is definitely good to have.

Sometimes it's the thrills that make me buy and sell. Feels good when things turn out your way.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    If you had taken that 500k and invested at an average rate of 10% over the following 29 years it would be worth 15x as much - approx 8 million.

In this case property is a bad investment. Maybe I should start a "religion" of "stockism" or "bondism". I must be really smart for discovering this
    Theoretically, what you say is true.

In practice, however, there is the issue of leverage.

Most people do not (dare) leverage so much when it comes to stocks and bonds.

I have addressed this point before in my post here: http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=341

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    Ng Teng Fong and Li Ka-shing are property developers by profession. That's their job to speculate, trade, develop or hold ... according to their judgment.

For most of us who are not in this line, holding on to the properties is the most logical thing to do.

Unless it's for the thrills, like what Property_Owner seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Sometimes it's the thrills that make me buy and sell. Feels good when things turn out your way.