Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tembeling Residence

Default Tembeling Residence

Hi
    what your view of Tembeling residence, by world class land, along Tembeling road ? All feedbacks welcome. I am considering a 3 bedder for own stay there.. It a recent launch projt. Price quoted around ~1100+ psf.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Hi
    what your view of Tembeling residence, by world class land, along Tembeling road ? All feedbacks welcome. I am considering a 3 bedder for own stay there.. It a recent launch projt. Price quoted around ~1100+ psf.
    1100psf for 3br? definitely overpriced!

How about looking into the places surrounding that area that are going around 900 psf? Mint residences, D'fresco, Spring@langsat, Carpmaelina, Stillz residence?

I like Celestia. Beautiful sky pool.

Very Joo Chiat. Then again you can't get much for $900K+ for D15 these days

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    Very Joo Chiat. Then again you can't get much for $900K+ for D15 these days
    vry jcht is nce wt...

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer
    How about looking into the places surrounding that area that are going around 900 psf? Mint residences, D'fresco, Spring@langsat, Carpmaelina, Stillz residence?

Hi Zimmer, Thanks so much. I know about carpmaelina, still residence.
    But where is D' fresco, mint residence location?

Default expensive ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Agree,it seem quite expensive, guess is due to the recent ppty rally.... not much of a choice, every where also expensive,...

Coralis oredi $1300+ psf....nothing wrong with Tembeling Residence selling at $1100 psf right?

Anyway, very soon, you won't be able to find anything below $1K psf in D15 for new properties.

Hi Zimmer, Thanks so much. I know about carpmaelina, still residence.
    But where is D' fresco, mint residence location?
    Both are in the vicinity behind tembeling road further east. Look it up on propertyguru to get a rough idea of pricing.
    I disagree with Blue about the pricing though, I still think it's ex. considering it's smaller dev compared to coralis with less facilities, location wise less choicy.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer
    Both are in the vicinity behind tembeling road further east. Look it up on propertyguru to get a rough idea of pricing.
    I disagree with Blue about the pricing though, I still think it's ex. considering it's smaller dev compared to coralis with less facilities, location wise less choicy.
    A difference of $300 psf for a 1000 sqft unit is $300K. For $300K savings, you get less facilities. Location wise is almost the same, if not, Tembeling is better cos more quiet. Coralis is along joo chiat rd which is quite heavy traffic.

Also, you need to consider the number of neighbours sharing the same facilities. I have seen places like City Square - the swimming pool is filled with multinationals - Chinese, Indians, Saui Arabians, Ang Mos...u name it, they have it there..

If you ask me, i think Moda is a better development as they have only 56 units and a sizeable pool to share.

Default thanks for feedback

Thanks to all (zimmer, blue, mcm, lou)for the feedback, appreciate it very much

Thanks to all (zimmer, blue, mcm, lou)for the feedback, appreciate it very much
    Hi, Katong has great potentials in the long run considering the low plot ratio now. If it changes up in the future, the gold mine will unfold.

There was an advert last sat on this project....anyone been to the showflat yet...?

seem that ppty price continue to rise so...beacon edge already 1000+psf.
    no wonder Tembeling residence is 1100-1200psf...or course, coralis is way higer ..due to its size and facilities.
    I prefer the peace and quiet Tembeling area ....yet surround by eateries and amenities.

There was an advert last sat on this project....anyone been to the showflat yet...?

no wonder Tembeling residence is 1100-1200psf...or course, coralis is way higer ..due to its size and facilities.
    I prefer the peace and quiet Tembeling area ....yet surround by eateries and amenities.
    Katong's a nice place with character. (including the tembeling estate)

I think this place's ppty will appreciate steadily in the months to come. Alot of premium pptys launch in this area will mean good resale value in the years to come.

go for it!

hey, I have a unit to sell at Spring @ Katong, which is in this area. 2+1, 1098sft, grd floor. PM me if you're interested.

see the showflat. No planter box and bay window, very functional and squarish layout.~ 50% sold. only 1 3 bedroom left and some 2 bedrm, 2bedrm ph, studio etc. of course, it is a small projt with 19 units.
    near to many amenities, okay for small familes. pool is the 5th level, surface carpark (1 to 1 ratio).
    my wife like the surrounding and the good schools nearby, plentiful eateries etc ..

Make sure you get some sort of black and white about the maintenance. Small projects like that usually make owners absorb high costs per unit. Don't be surprised if you asked to pay 350-500 for 2BR maintenance.......

Small projects means lesser area to maintain too. Only the 1st year maintenance is by Developers until internal Mgmt Committee forms up. Then you can cut costs by changing vendors.

These small projects are hidden gold mine in time to come when land is scarce and our gov't raises the plot ratio. It will be attractive to lure developers to enbloc 19 units and neighbouring landed hses, tear the structure down and build a 40 storey condo consisting of 300 units.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I can quote a real life example where the estate of about 40 units have to pay about $400 pm and this is very small estate with a small swimming pool, a small playground and nothing else! Condos are not like landed properties (although maintenance fee is actually high too when these property ages). Condo estates should ideally not have too few units and also not too many units. How many is subjective. To me, it means about 100-200 units is the best with swimming pool, tennis court, number of car parks >110% of number of units, playground, and sufficient greenery for stroll all around the estate. If a condo estate has no facilities other than a small swimming pool that can't even swim but just for dipping only, what for buy condo? Might as well stay in HDB.

Contrary to what some said, small estate size has no appeal to developers because such project cannot sell for high prices because no full facilities and lack of appeal to potential buyers. Nowsdays big & reputable developers like to develop estate of >200 units with full condo facilities.

see the showflat. No planter box and bay window, very functional and squarish layout.~ 50% sold. only 1 3 bedroom left and some 2 bedrm, 2bedrm ph, studio etc. of course, it is a small projt with 19 units.
    near to many amenities, okay for small familes. pool is the 5th level, surface carpark (1 to 1 ratio).
    my wife like the surrounding and the good schools nearby, plentiful eateries etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I can quote a real life example where the estate of about 40 units have to pay about $400 pm and this is very small estate with a small swimming pool, a small playground and nothing else! Condos are not like landed properties (although maintenance fee is actually high too when these property ages). Condo estates should ideally not have too few units and also not too many units. How many is subjective. To me, it means about 100-200 units is the best with swimming pool, tennis court, number of car parks >110% of number of units, playground, and sufficient greenery for stroll all around the estate. If a condo estate has no facilities other than a small swimming pool that can't even swim but just for dipping only, what for buy condo? Might as well stay in HDB.

Contrary to what some said, small estate size has no appeal to developers because such project cannot sell for high prices because no full facilities and lack of appeal to potential buyers. Nowsdays big & reputable developers like to develop estate of >200 units with full condo facilities.

If you like to share facilities with 100 to 200 families in a condo, that is equivalent to sharing a public pool in a HDB estate too. Might as well stay in a HDB right next to a public swimming pool right?

Boutique developments has its own charming appeal because lesser families are sharing the same facilities with you.

For a condo, besides sharing pool and other leisure facilities with 100 to 300 families, you are also sharing a lift with more than 200 families eg. six units in one level x 40 levels. During rush hours to work, you might hv to wait 10 mins just to get into a lift! And another 10 mins in the car queue just to get out of the multi-storey carpark! Without even hitting the road, 20 mins per day is already gone wasted

If you don't like to share facilities, why buy condo?
    As I said, idea size is 100-200 units, but come with full facilities - i.e. reasonable size pool, tennis court, playground, greenery all around etc.
    Whenever I heard of "Boutique developments", what comes to my mind is that these are usually condo estate with about 60 units or less, a swimming pool good enough for the dogs to swim (not human), no tennis court, etc.
    Is it better to share with 100-200 families on a very large swimming pool or just to share a swimming pool with even another soul in a pool large enough to fit a dog to swim?

"Multi-storey car park"? Ha ha ha! I will never buy a condo with multi-storey car park. Just like those so-called "Boutique developments".

"six units in one level x 40 levels"?
    Which cheap-skate condo has only 1 single lift serving 6 units in each level for 40 levels?
    You are probably right for those so-called private lifts. I never like those so-called "private lifts" as well if just 1 "private lift" serves 10 levels or more. I prefer common lifts. 6 units in 1 level, I would expect at least 3 common lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    If you like to share facilities with 100 to 200 families in a condo, that is equivalent to sharing a public pool in a HDB estate too. Might as well stay in a HDB right next to a public swimming pool right?

Boutique developments has its own charming appeal because lesser families are sharing the same facilities with you.

For a condo, besides sharing pool and other leisure facilities with 100 to 300 families, you are also sharing a lift with more than 200 families eg. six units in one level x 40 levels. During rush hours to work, you might hv to wait 10 mins just to get into a lift! And another 10 mins in the car queue just to get out of the multi-storey carpark! Without even hitting the road, 20 mins per day is already gone wasted
    Last edited by teddybear; 07-04-10 at 18:58.

If you don't like to share facilities, why buy condo?
    As I said, idea size is 100-200 units, but come with full facilities - i.e. reasonable size pool, tennis court, playground, greenery all around etc.
    Whenever I heard of "Boutique developments", what comes to my mind is that these are usually condo estate with about 60 units or less, a swimming pool good enough for the dogs to swim (not human), no tennis court, etc.
    Is it better to share with 100-200 families on a very large swimming pool or just to share a swimming pool with even another soul in a pool large enough to fit a dog to swim?

"Multi-storey car park"? Ha ha ha! I will never buy a condo with multi-storey car park. Just like those so-called "Boutique developments".

"six units in one level x 40 levels"?
    Which cheap-skate condo has only 1 single lift serving 6 units in each level for 40 levels?
    You are probably right for those so-called private lifts. I never like those so-called "private lifts" as well if just 1 "private lift" serves 10 levels or more. I prefer common lifts. 6 units in 1 level, I would expect at least 3 common lifts.
    3 common lifts serving 6 units in 1 level x 40 levels => 80 families per lift => so much exclusive yeah?

200 families x avg 4 pax per family => 800 people sharing a swimming pool with 30M x 6M => 0.225 sqm per person => you can't even fit a dog inside! I still have not count in those visitors / guests / relatives of the owners.

800 people sharing one tennis court. Assuming the tennis court is open 12 hours a day. Each booking is 2 hour slot. One day can only accomodate 6 slots for 2 pax each slot. This will take 66 days (2 mths in advance) in the queue to successfully book one slot!

How many condos in prime district which houses more than 200 families dun use multi-storey carpark but provide surface parking for 200 lots?

Thats y I didnt buy condo, I bought boutiques and landed cos I am tired of the HDB style living. After a hard day work, the only thing I want is to get back to a home with serene environment, unblocked view, privacy and quietness. Not a noisy place with long queues, cramped up pool and direct facing the opposite neighbours
    Last edited by Blue; 08-04-10 at 12:19.

Bought boutique? Which is worse?:
    1a) Boutique: 1 swimming pool fit for dog to swim (basically don't have to know how many units in there because 1 human swimming in there also too small, can just dip, cannot really swim).
    1b) Normal full facilities condo: 100 units, 6m x 35m swimming pool. Most of the time, you can always swim freely until it becomes too crowded.

2a) Boutique: Multi-storey car park. ha ha ha! Might as well buy HDB since also multi-storey car park (noise from multi-story car park & also the fumes flowing downwards to common area), no facilities to speak of, no tennis court.
    2b) Normal full facilities condo: Under-ground car park (no noise and fumes problem), people can book & play in tennis court (can book in advance, not everybody can go & play at same time right?).

3a) Boutique: As the name implies, very small estate land area => they are classified by URA as "Apartment" (not "CONDOMINIUM" status)! Since so small land area, usually cannot build high, so end up using up most of the land area for building the units in there and cramp all properties together, no greenery around in the condo compound (cannot even take a stroll in own estate compound). When you walk in and out you are in full view of your neighbours (like in fish tank ).
    3b) Normal full facilities condo: This can then be rightfully called "CONDOMINIUM" as recognized by URA (not those mickey mouse estate called "APARTMENT"). Greenery all around in the condo compound (can take a stroll around the estate compound).

4a) Boutique: Since 1 "private lift" or 2 common lift serve may be less than 10 storeys but 8 units or so on each floor, lift usually much much smaller than a full facilities condo (I know I know, I had stayed in such estate before wat! My movers complained like hell and ask for more money because furniture cannot fit into the lift and they have to hand-carry up to my house! That is why I believe such Boutique is usually crap and will never stay in such boutique apartment (not "condo"!)!!!)
    4b) Normal full facilities condo: There are those with 3 common lifts servicing about 6 units per level for say 20+ storeys. Anytime you can also get onto 1 of the lift up or down, don't have to wait long basically. Lift big enough to carry my big furniture and sofa (and don't have to hand-carry up to my house).

Judging from the above, any people with right sense of mind will know what to choose, unless they are paying like >>30% cheaper for the boutique? Even 50% cheaper for the boutique I also won't buy. I might as well buy HDB flat (not much difference from these so-called Boutique apartment), & 75% cheaper some more!

Talk of landed, well, I never want to go back to the days when I have to be catching cockcroaches, lizards, rats, scorpians and getting snakes sneaking into our house. That is what people living in landed will experience. What unblocked view do landed have? (when surrounding all high rise condos or worse still surrounded by HDB flats?). Even if surrounded by other landed also will be seeing the neighbours directly! What UNBLOCKED VIEW are there???

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    3 common lifts serving 6 units in 1 level x 40 levels => 80 families per lift => so much exclusive yeah?

200 families x avg 4 pax per family => 800 people sharing a swimming pool with 30M x 6M => 0.225 sqm per person => you can't even fit a dog inside! I still have not count in those visitors / guests / relatives of the owners.

800 people sharing one tennis court. Assuming the tennis court is open 12 hours a day. Each booking is 2 hour slot. One day can only accomodate 6 slots for 2 pax each slot. This will take 66 days (2 mths in advance) in the queue to successfully book one slot!

How many condos in prime district which houses more than 200 families dun use multi-storey carpark but provide surface parking for 200 lots?

Thats y I didnt buy condo, I bought boutiques and landed cos I am tired of the HDB style living. After a hard day work, the only thing I want is to get back to a home with serene environment, unblocked view, privacy and quietness. Not a noisy place with long queues, cramped up pool and direct facing the opposite neighbours
    Last edited by teddybear; 08-04-10 at 17:03.

Bought boutique? Which is worse?:
    1a) Boutique: 1 swimming pool fit for dog to swim (basically don't have to know how many units in there because 1 human swimming in there also too small, can just dip, cannot really swim).
    1b) Normal full facilities condo: 100 units, 6m x 35m swimming pool. Most of the time, you can always swim freely until it becomes too crowded.

2a) Boutique: Multi-storey car park. ha ha ha! Might as well buy HDB since also multi-storey car park (noise from multi-story car park & also the fumes flowing downwards to common area), no facilities to speak of, no tennis court.
    2b) Normal full facilities condo: Under-ground car park (no noise and fumes problem), people can book & play in tennis court (can book in advance, not everybody can go & play at same time right?).

3a) Boutique: As the name implies, very small estate land area => they are classified by URA as "Apartment" (not "CONDOMINIUM" status)! Since so small land area, usually cannot build high, so end up using up most of the land area for building the units in there and cramp all properties together, no greenery around in the condo compound (cannot even take a stroll in own estate compound). When you walk in and out you are in full view of your neighbours (like in fish tank ).
    3b) Normal full facilities condo: This can then be rightfully called "CONDOMINIUM" as recognized by URA (not those mickey mouse estate called "APARTMENT"). Greenery all around in the condo compound (can take a stroll around the estate compound).

4a) Boutique: Since 1 "private lift" or 2 common lift serve may be less than 10 storeys but 8 units or so on each floor, lift usually much much smaller than a full facilities condo (I know I know, I had stayed in such estate before wat! My movers complained like hell and ask for more money because furniture cannot fit into the lift and they have to hand-carry up to my house! That is why I believe such Boutique is usually crap and will never stay in such boutique apartment (not "condo"!)!!!)
    4b) Normal full facilities condo: There are those with 3 common lifts servicing about 6 units per level for say 20+ storeys. Anytime you can also get onto 1 of the lift up or down, don't have to wait long basically. Lift big enough to carry my big furniture and sofa (and don't have to hand-carry up to my house).

Judging from the above, any people with right sense of mind will know what to choose, unless they are paying like >>30% cheaper for the boutique? Even 50% cheaper for the boutique I also won't buy. I might as well buy HDB flat (not much difference from these so-called Boutique apartment), & 75% cheaper some more!

Talk of landed, well, I never want to go back to the days when I have to be catching cockcroaches, lizards, rats, scorpians and getting snakes sneaking into our house. That is what people living in landed will experience. What unblocked view do landed have? (when surrounding all high rise condos or worse still surrounded by HDB flats?). Even if surrounded by other landed also will be seeing the neighbours directly! What UNBLOCKED VIEW are there???
    Right, you should stay put in your HDB since it offers so many things you want and cheap cheap too. Not need to pay $1500 psf for a condo in D15.

They should start a HDB forum for u to go in and dissuade folks from buying private properties. You definitely belong there.

True, when there are few units like this case, maintenance will be higher between 250-300. Hopefully, we can change vendor and cut some cost. currently. small project has its own charm, fewer neighbours etc..which is good in a way. we choose there for the school, eateries , amenties and the layout is regular shaped, no planter box and bay window.

I have compared with Tembeling court before finalizing on Tembeling residence. I am avoiding projects too deep into joo chiat due to the sleaze factor.

True, when there are few units like this case, maintenance will be higher between 250-300. Hopefully, we can change vendor and cut some cost. currently. small project has its own charm, fewer neighbours etc..which is good in a way. we choose there for the school, eateries , amenties and the layout is regular shaped, no planter box and bay window.

I have compared with Tembeling court before finalizing on Tembeling residence. I am avoiding projects too deep into joo chiat due to the sleaze factor.
    Great, another boutique development supporter!

Great, you can count me in as well - I only play and flip and stay in boutique developments. Condos are a no-no for me.

Great, you can count me in as well - I only play and flip and stay in boutique developments. Condos are a no-no for me.

so that make it 3 of us ... ha ha.... boutique devt fans.....
    btw, any buyers of tembeling residence in this forum, hoping to see some post from future neighbours ...

did you end up buying one here? or still overpriced in your opinion?