Thread: Lakeside Towers - Potential EnBloc?

Default Lakeside Towers - Potential EnBloc?

Hi all,

Anyone heard of any Enbloc potential for Lakeside Towers in D22? I am looking for a unit there and the price just shot up ridiculously as every agent is claiming the project to be a favourite for Enbloc.

True, it sits in a pretty decent sized land, the nearest property to Chinese Garden Lake and the potential of the Lakeside district project which promises Watersports, hotels and accomodation.

Anyone has any view? To go for it or not?

JG

Seen a unit there last May, good size, price went up high as market is good now, most owner ask high prices. When we view a unit , asking price was approx <700K for a 2000sqft unit high floor (sorry if we remember wrongly) Now prices are above or near to 1M

When times are good, old property tend to have rumous to go en-bloc. When time is bad, people will offer you all kind of prices.

If you like the place, for own stay, then Buy. But if you are hoping for a en-bloc soon, then better think 2x.

Cheers

This area got so much empty land.

Plot next to caspian, closer to Lakeside MRT seems to have some intermittent labourers on it suggesting it will be up for sale soon.

Surely it's easier and cheaper to buy directly from the government for empty land than go through headache of enbloc from developers perspective.

Only place enbloc makes sense is downtown where there are no free lots anymore.

others spreading rumours....

is there a real demand to enblock it? Afraid not... old developments, must sell on hope of enblock... new developments, must sell on hope of it appreciating quickly.

Any committee formed? Any meetings held? Any interested developers? all unknown...

We have a unit at Thomson View Condominium, which we buy it in 1991, for almost 20 years, the estate went thru a few enbloc some sucessful lauched into the market some was held back.

In 2007 before the new regulation of DC was intro, the project was put up on the market for en-bloc, once the new regulation was out, offering price was half of the original price.

Land Size is big but not the time yet for en bloc. Heard that they are going to form another commitee for another round of en-bloc, but we doubt it is going to be sucessful again, expecially a few owner are unwilling to sell and 1-2 owner there are property agent who are trying to buyin cheap and sell high.

For those who live of intent to buy a unit there, must beware of a lady property agent from a self estabish company, she is a very BAD agent according to lots of resident.

Cheers

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    This area got so much empty land.

Plot next to caspian, closer to Lakeside MRT seems to have some intermittent labourers on it suggesting it will be up for sale soon.

Surely it's easier and cheaper to buy directly from the government for empty land than go through headache of enbloc from developers perspective.

Only place enbloc makes sense is downtown where there are no free lots anymore.

I agree. I also personally feel Jurong though is a very nice place to stay at cuz of the convenience of the amenities, has no en bloc potential. So, if Lakeside Tower sellers are selling you the "en bloc" price, i think you should just give it a miss.

Default 2007 Rumour

I understand there was an attempt in 2007 to enbloc but unfortunately the deal was called off in view of the economy downturn. The information was "confirmed" by the security uncles there as well... anyway, I am looking at one that is asking for 880k for a 1984 sqft unit with existing tenancy.. how? Good deal? There's 2 other unit asking for 1M and 968k without tenancy..

If you know the place well enough, other than the little piece of land beside Caspian and the other plot next to Lakeshore, the lakeside district is already maxed out.. that's probably one of the reason why I am keen..

Comments pls.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsgoh
    I understand there was an attempt in 2007 to enbloc but unfortunately the deal was called off in view of the economy downturn. The information was "confirmed" by the security uncles there as well... anyway, I am looking at one that is asking for 880k for a 1984 sqft unit with existing tenancy.. how? Good deal? There's 2 other unit asking for 1M and 968k without tenancy..

If you know the place well enough, other than the little piece of land beside Caspian and the other plot next to Lakeshore, the lakeside district is already maxed out.. that's probably one of the reason why I am keen..

Comments pls.
    not familiar ...

but talking about enbloc i know for a fact pacific mansion is sending out letters to all owners again ...

Quote Originally Posted by ratsgoh

Comments pls.
    For that kind of area, it seems like a good deal. Only get those on high floors with good views if you must. However, should any enblock, if any, be unsuccessful, you will be stuck with it for a long time.

In the 80's, prices were pretty low... then came its peak around 1997 before dropping... stayed low for a long long time before its new peak recently... don't be caught and buy at the right time. However, Jurong Area has potential and its your bet...

Beware the tenant profile, it is/was rented out to a large group of shipyard workers/foreign workers. Seems like an illegal dormintory to me if the authorities did not make their enforcement yet.

Good Luck!~