* Within 1km to Tao Nan School; CHIJ Katong
    * Near prominent schools like Victoria JC; Lasalle-SIA; Dunman High
    * Well-connected to other parts of Singapore via ECP/KPE/AYE
    * Famous Katong eateries within a stroll

INVESTMENT POTENTIAL
    =====
    * Upcoming revamped Katong Shoppping Mall next door
    * Upcoming Eastern Regional MRT Line at Marine Parade
    * Upcoming Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE)
    * Upcoming Sports Hub just minutes away
    * Marina Bay Downtown just minutes away

Booking to start soon!
    Call Savier @ 9182 6593 for an non-obligatory presentation today!

any floor plan and psf?

better buy Double bay residence located at Simei. Great potential and high rental yield. SIngapore 4th uni opening up soon there and changi business park developing. Right now it is like hot cake and sub sale going strong. Buy now or regret later. See what happen to centris at boon lay due to NTU.

Still marketing? How many units do you have and how many units left?
    Only the bigger units right...?
    The past sub sale transactions revealed a modest gain...
    Good Luck.

double bay?? i pick any condo located in marine parade any time over double bay in simei without consideration, to live in.

moreover, the coralis is a fh development that is located so near parkway and whole lot of good schools and other amenities. just to clarify, i don't have any vested interests in either developments

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    double bay?? i pick any condo located in marine parade any time over double bay in simei without consideration, to live in.

moreover, the coralis is a fh development that is located so near parkway and whole lot of good schools and other amenities. just to clarify, i don't have any vested interests in either developments
    What is so special about Parkway Parade? It does not even have a cinema. Ppl living in East Coast sometimes must drive to Tampines/Rochor to watch a movie. If you have millions of cash, by all mean stay at Marine Parade. If you are a middle class (say family combined income is 8-10k) who must borrow 80% bank loan, to borrow 1 million dollars @ 30y to secure your 1500psf freehold or leasehold Marine Parade is just pure insanity. I have seen ppl overstretch themselves because they want to live within 1km of Taonan or Nanyang Primary. Want good school? Wouldn't Bedok Reservoir at 900+psf (lakeview) within 1km of Red Swastika a more prudent choice?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    What is so special about Parkway Parade? It does not even have a cinema. Ppl living in East Coast sometimes must drive to Tampines/Rochor to watch a movie. If you have millions of cash, by all mean stay at Marine Parade. If you are a middle class (say family combined income is 8-10k) who must borrow 80% bank loan, to borrow 1 million dollars @ 30y to secure your 1500psf freehold or leasehold Marine Parade is just pure insanity. I have seen ppl overstretch themselves because they want to live within 1km of Taonan or Nanyang Primary. Want good school? Wouldn't Bedok Reservoir at 900+psf (lakeview) within 1km of Red Swastika a more prudent choice?
    If having a cinema is a big concern, Katong Mall has been en-bloc and the new development will feature a cinema. Coralis located next to it could benefit. Downside might be heavy traffic.

Marine Parade is of different class than those in Bedok just as Marina Bay is of different class than Marine Parade. We are talking about people with different budget not comparing location. Ave psf in Bedok is around $800++, Marine parade $1200++ Marina Bay $2000++.

I heard that Coralis is asking $1350 - $1550 psf. This is in line with The Shore and SilverSea asking price but Coralis is FH. Agents are telling you that the price will shoot up when Katong Mall and future MRT are ready.

Not sure will there be any impact after garment imposed stamp fee and loan limit when they launch next month....

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    so your definition of being special is having a cinema?
    learn to read, duh. i said if i had to choose between simei and marine parade, not you

Just by comparing the distance from Tampines or Simei to City versus Marine Parade or East Coast to City. SIMPLY NO FIGHT!!!

Staying in D15 means I can wake up a little later to get to work daily and reach home earlier after work than those folks staying in the far east.

Also the key attraction there is the renowned east coast park / beach! You cannot use the polluted Pasir Ris beach to compare against it..

Or simply just ask anyone on the streets, a home in D15 versus Tampines / Simei, which do you think is of higher status?

but simei shall have singapore 4th university and banking sector with couple of shopping mall and hotel. quite place. great for rental yield.

quote=Blue]Just by comparing the distance from Tampines or Simei to City versus Marine Parade or East Coast to City. SIMPLY NO FIGHT!!!

Staying in D15 means I can wake up a little later to get to work daily and reach home earlier after work than those folks staying in the far east.

Also the key attraction there is the renowned east coast park / beach! You cannot use the polluted Pasir Ris beach to compare against it..

Or simply just ask anyone on the streets, a home in D15 versus Tampines / Simei, which do you think is of higher status?[/quote]

Default NEW LAUNCH !!! Coralis -Premium F'hold Devt @ Marine Parade Vicinity 9061-9884

CORALIS
    ===
    It is a Freehold Development with exclusive 127 units
    ===
    Situated at a Prime and Convenient Location within Marine Parade
    (in between Katong Mall & Parc Seabreeze)
    ===
    1) Best of Katong & East Coast - Live, Work, Play & Eat

2) Good Proximity to East Coast Park, City, Marina Bay Downtown & Changi Airport
    - Minutes walk to East Coast Park
    - Minutes drive to City
    - Minutes drive to Marina Bay Downtown; Integrated Resort
    - Minutes drive to Changi International Airport

3)Near many renowned schools and institutions
    - Tao Nan School, Kong Hwa Primary, Dunman High, Victoria JC, Lasalle-SIA
    ===
    Various Types and Sizess
    · 1 Bedroom 495 – 549 sqft (36units)
    · 2 Bedroom 861 – 1,066 sqft (53 units)
    · 3 Bedroom 1,206 – 1,281 sqft (34 units)
    · 3 Bedroom Penthouse 2,659 sqft (2 units)
    · 4 Bedroom Penthouse 2,842 – 3,089 sqft (2 units)
    ===
    A good place to call Home
    Great Investment Potential
    Good Rentability
    ===

Preview Coralis Details and start reserving units Today !!!
    Please Kindly RSVP - Call/SMS to 9061-9884
    Roger Tan - 9061-9884

If you are Chinese, "Si-Mei" - The "Si" already is an unauspicious number or pronounciation...

If want to live near university, choose Pasir Panjang D5 better. Plus it's nearer to town than Simei and all around are private properties just like D15.

Hi taumy,

I am surprised that your selling point is rental yield in the surburbs. We talk about rental yield in projects like the icon etc. Frankly, expats who rent your studios and 2 bedders in the suburbs will be low level "ang mohs" with limited budget and may even prefer living in a 3rm hdb than a smallish 500-600 sqft studio. Just my 2 cents worth

Hi guys,

Anyway, back to the discussion on the coralis. I feel that its a resonable project to buy given its location. The only off thing is the address: "joo chiat road". Heard that the launch is some time next week. Will go check it out.

Yes, agree this project is prime location in D15, and price has not yet been fully appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Yes, agree this project is prime location in D15, and price has not yet been fully appreciated.

I feel that being wedged between parkway parade and the future happening katong mall makes the location really prime and convenient.

However, the developer is doing a forward pricing by asking 1350-1500 psf. I assume that the 3brs will be ard 1350, 2brs 1400 and studio 1500psf. If we look at the asking and transacted price in that area. Its crazily high. If I am not wrong, only a studio at seaview has hit a record 1500 psf lately. IMHO,that area is not ready for such pricing, especially when one amber is trading at 1200-1400 psf.

However, despite all being said. I heard that ERA and HSR has already collected enough black checks for the studios and 2 brs unit. Some even told me not to bother to submit now as the queue is already too long.
    Last edited by bullman; 04-03-10 at 08:19. Reason: typo

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Property launches to go into high gear
    Joyce Teo
    Property Correspondent
    The Straits Times
    Thursday, 4 March 2010

Waterscape At Cavenagh: prices average at $1,886 psf

Aalto: prices start from $2,000 psf

Developers are gearing up to launch more projects - especially prime ones - into a thriving property market driven by confident buyers keen to splash out on the back of the improving economy and a low interest rate environment.

The Government's anti-speculation moves last month are having little effect on genuine home hunters, who have ever wider real estate options.

Potential buyers will certainly have no lack of choices when it comes to new launches this month with 'easily half a dozen launches' coming up, said CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) executive director of residential services Joseph Tan.

Mass-market projects have been setting the pace for months but prime developments, which began inching back into the market late last year, are becoming more prevalent.

A CBRE Research report yesterday said that Singapore's luxury residential market is expected to make a strong rebound.

It noted that new luxury projects recorded launch prices of between $2,500 psf and $3,400 psf in the 4th quarter of last year.

This beats the $2,100 psf to $2,700 psf range achieved at the end of 2008, demonstrating a strong turnaround, it said.

In January and February, 88 units of CapitaLand's prime Urban Suites were sold at $2,500 psf on average while about 35 units of The Laurels in Cairnhill Road went at $2,500 psf to $2,900 psf, it said.

The launches coming up on the weekend include the Hiap Hoe Group prime estate Waterscape At Cavenagh, and Hong Leong Holdings' Aalto.

The Waterscape At Cavenagh will house 200 1- to 4-bedroom units and penthouses ranging from 581 sqft to 2,992 sqft. Prices at this weekend's launch will average about $1,886 psf.

Hiap Hoe gave a preview of the project in late November and sold just 3 units at a median price of $1,909 psf. Another 5 units were sold in December. But this year it has sold 88 units, with the bulk transacted over the weekend after Chinese New Year, from $1,715 psf to $2,020 psf or $1.03 million to $3.15 million.

This weekend will also see Hong Leong Holdings release 60 high-floor units at the freehold 196-unit Aalto in Meyer Road. Prices will start from $2,000 psf.

A handful of lower-floor units are also available, from $1,500 psf. Absolute pricing ranges from $3.1 million for a 1,442 sqft 3-bedder to $5.3 million for a 1,959 sqft 4-bedroom unit.

The Aalto was first released in 2007 with units selling for around $1,950 psf. It was then launched in January 2008.

One unit was sold in January this year at $2,011 psf, leaving 78 unsold units in the condo, which will receive its temporary occupation permit in September.

A Hong Leong Holdings spokesman said: 'We have maintained the original selling price of the Aalto in light of premium value and location.'

Next weekend, buyers can look forward to Cheung Kong Holdings' The Vision in West Coast Crescent, The Laurels and Tiong Aik's Coralis in Joo Chiat Road. The Vision, a 99-year leasehold condo, is said to be priced about $1,100 psf.

Coralis is a freehold condo featuring 1-bedders as small as 495 sqft and penthouses of up to 3,089 sqft. Indicative pricing is from $1,350 psf to $1,550 psf.

The pace will quicken over the next 2 to 3 months with possible launches including 76 Shenton Way, Seascape and Residences at W in Sentosa Cove, The Waterline on the former Toho Gardens site in Yio Chu Kang, UOL Group's Dakota Crescent project, and Starlight Suites in River Valley Close.

CBRE Research said the luxury projects Ardmore 3 and those on the sites of the old Grangeford, Hillcourt and Parisian estates are likely to be marketed in the first half of the year. Prices and rents of luxury properties are expected to rise by 10% to 15% and 5% to 10% respectively this year.

Overall, prices will continue to rise but at a much less frenetic pace, said Mr Tan. 'If you look at the recent land tenders, there's a certain replacement cost that developers need to look at. Some developers may want to put a forward price on their projects now as they don't want to run out of their landbank too quickly.'

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    I feel that being wedged between parkway parade and the future happening katong mall makes the location really prime and convenient.

However, the developer is doing a forward pricing by asking 1350-1500 psf. I assume that the 3brs will be ard 1350, 2brs 1400 and studio 1500psf. If we look at the asking and transacted price in that area. Its crazily high. If I am not wrong, only a studio at seaview has hit a record 1500 psf lately. IMHO,that area is not ready for such pricing, especially when one amber is trading at 1200-1400 psf.

However, despite all being said. I heard that ERA and HSR has already collected enough black checks for the studios and 2 brs unit. Some even told me not to bother to submit now as the queue is already too long.
    Hi Bullman,

Many said whoever buy now are crazy. I still believe CRAZY is the right word to describe property investors. Those who are not Crazy are Normal people...... No risk No future....

I heard that the intended price was set at S$1500-$1700 in 2008! More Crazy!

Any news on possible en-bloc of the two condos next door viz Marine Point and Marine View?

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    Hi Bullman,

Many said whoever buy now are crazy. I still believe CRAZY is the right word to describe property investors. Those who are not Crazy are Normal people...... No risk No future....

I heard that the intended price was set at S$1500-$1700 in 2008! More Crazy!
    Ahaha. Thats a great way to describe property investing now. Anyway, the question is always to ask if one has holding power.

If buy at 1500 psf now and the market suddenly collapse. Do not expect to be able to get a loan at 1500 valuation. Maybe 800-1000 psf? So you need to top up cash to match new valuation. Also, if already take out an advanced 80% loan at 1500 psf means that the friendly mortgage banker will call you for a cash top up due to lower valuatio. In many cases, people do not have cash reserves to hold out in such a scenario and will get burnt with forced firesales. I have seen many during the last downturn.

If you have factored these risks, and still decide to go ahead with the risks involved. Then dun look back. I personally feel that property investors/ gamblers are riding this up trend. When you wish to get off the wave or board it now really depends on your risk appetite.

Anyway, these are my personal opinions only and please read them with a pinch of salt as I belong to the "crazy" class of investors.

With the recent focus on katong area by various interested parties, I think the upside potential is great(maybe 1800 psf?) Sounds crazy huh.. Okok. There will be a big argument on this issue. Just like the potential in Marina Bay and whether to buy the Sail and MBR back in 2008.

Also, if already take out an advanced 80% loan at 1500 psf means that the friendly mortgage banker will call you for a cash top up due to lower valuatio.
    If you pay the monthly mortgage on time, there should be no reason why the bank want to do a re-evaluation. It is a lose-lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    If you pay the monthly mortgage on time, there should be no reason why the bank want to do a re-evaluation. It is a lose-lose.
    During the last down turn, I heard of that happening. especially in the D9,10 where prices were hardest hit. Its known as a margin call. It did not happen to me so I cannot comment if its true or not. Cheers.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by bullman, 4 March 2010 9.17 am

But they are still collecting cheques for 3-bedders right?

Ahaha. Thats a great way to describe property investing now. Anyway, the question is always to ask if one has holding power.

If buy at 1500 psf now and the market suddenly collapse. Do not expect to be able to get a loan at 1500 valuation. Maybe 800-1000 psf? So you need to top up cash to match new valuation. Also, if already take out an advanced 80% loan at 1500 psf means that the friendly mortgage banker will call you for a cash top up due to lower valuatio. In many cases, people do not have cash reserves to hold out in such a scenario and will get burnt with forced firesales. I have seen many during the last downturn.

If you have factored these risks, and still decide to go ahead with the risks involved. Then dun look back. I personally feel that property investors/ gamblers are riding this up trend. When you wish to get off the wave or board it now really depends on your risk appetite.

Anyway, these are my personal opinions only and please read them with a pinch of salt as I belong to the "crazy" class of investors.

With the recent focus on katong area by various interested parties, I think the upside potential is great(maybe 1800 psf?) Sounds crazy huh.. Okok. There will be a big argument on this issue. Just like the potential in Marina Bay and whether to buy the Sail and MBR back in 2008.
    The banks will not impose the top up clause if you are prompt in your payments, or unless you have an OD (overdraft) line that is secured by the property. Banks will not want to waste resources to review all their customers' property valuation. The trigger is when u have late payments or you ask for repricing of your loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    But they are still collecting cheques for 3-bedders right?
    Yes bro. The 3 brs are 1200-1300 sqft. If sell at 1350 psf, quantum will be 1.62 to 1.76 mil range. Harder to swallow for buyers so flippers and investors will avoid those units as harder to sell in future.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    The banks will not impose the top up clause if you are prompt in your payments, or unless you have an OD (overdraft) line that is secured by the property. Banks will not want to waste resources to review all their customers' property valuation. The trigger is when u have late payments or you ask for repricing of your loan.
    Hi bro, thanks for the clarification. So one less risk to worry about.

So that means that just as long you are prompt in the monthly repayment , with no OD line attached and not asking for reprice, then nothing will happen even if the property is in negative equity.

Yes. This should be correct.

No, that has been happening all these years.

For TOP projects - Usually and most of the time, they won't ask for top up but if you get maximum loan (especially those 90% loan taken previously) and value drop way below your loan, they will ask for top up. They see a number of factors like the risk profile, especially those with multiple properties and maybe missing payments. But still, there are many cases of banks asking top up even if you pay regularly. And don't be surprised banks have a team reviewing that - especially during crisis. And there is a top up clause if you read the terms and conditions carefully.

For Non-TOP projects - These are the biggest risk group. You pay 20% up front, bank will start paying the remaining 80% for you progressively. Let's say, bank has paid 40% for you so total 60% (1.2 million) paid up. You buy a house at 2 million but crisis came and prices drop to 1 million. Bank will send you a letter telling you they can't pay for your TOP (25%) because value of the house is only 1 million now but they have already disburse 800k (40%) to you. This is very very common during 1998, 2003, 2008. And you will be stuck there because developer will ask for 25% which is half a million. And if you don't have half a million, then I will see a classified saying fire sales or you will be forced to subsale to some rich agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    No, that has been happening all these years.

For TOP projects - Usually and most of the time, they won't ask for top up but if you get maximum loan (especially those 90% loan taken previously) and value drop way below your loan, they will ask for top up. They see a number of factors like the risk profile, especially those with multiple properties and maybe missing payments. But still, there are many cases of banks asking top up even if you pay regularly. And don't be surprised banks have a team reviewing that - especially during crisis. And there is a top up clause if you read the terms and conditions carefully.

For Non-TOP projects - These are the biggest risk group. You pay 20% up front, bank will start paying the remaining 80% for you progressively. Let's say, bank has paid 40% for you so total 60% (1.2 million) paid up. You buy a house at 2 million but crisis came and prices drop to 1 million. Bank will send you a letter telling you they can't pay for your TOP (25%) because value of the house is only 1 million now but they have already disburse 800k (40%) to you. This is very very common during 1998, 2003, 2008. And you will be stuck there because developer will ask for 25% which is half a million. And if you don't have half a million, then I will see a classified saying fire sales or you will be forced to subsale to some rich agent.

Yes I believe that is the case. But I have never experienced it myself. Hopefully, I never will. Haha. But it really depends on whether you believe it will happen or not. Of course, if you call up your banker, they will deny it. They are offer you an umbrella now but may take it back on a rainy day.

IMHO, the bottom line is that you need to have liquid cash to tide the bad times. I try to have 1 dollar of cash ready for every 2 dollars of mortgage that I take from the bank. I also take a 60-70% loan,this is because the bankers will call up those on 90% loan followed by 80% loan etc in that decreasing order in a margin call.

Leverage is a powerful double edged weapon. Being able to buy a 1 mil house using 200k cash is the positive aspect of leverage. Having no spare cash after paying the 20% downpayment is high risk leverage.

Anyway, back to Coralis, agents have stopped collecting cheques for all studios and 2 bedders as they have been 2-3 times over booked wth blank cheques. Congrats to all who have been in the forefront of booking queue.