Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: *** New Launch: Coralis @ District 15 ***

How is the sales of Coralis coming up?

No news = so-so sales. Developers make use of every opportunity to tell the whole world their property is selling like hot cakes.

Ridiculous pricing in an area that has so many high rise condos - looks like developers are squeezing out every morsel of land in this area to build condos - its becoming increasingly suffocating and cluttered which will lower resident's quality of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban
    How is the sales of Coralis coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    No news = so-so sales. Developers make use of every opportunity to tell the whole world their property is selling like hot cakes.

Ridiculous pricing in an area that has so many high rise condos - looks like developers are squeezing out every morsel of land in this area to build condos - its becoming increasingly suffocating and cluttered which will lower resident's quality of life.
    no news = so-so sales?? totally flawed argument
    developer is only officially launching it this weekend and stacks 1,4 and 7 are totally sold out.

do you call that so-so sales??

this thing has been in the market lah. don't fall for the "soft launch" tingy. As far as I'm concerned, this project has been launched for WEEKS. In fact, its already all over the papers, still considered "not officially launched" ar? Goodness me.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    no news = so-so sales?? totally flawed argument
    developer is only officially launching it this weekend and stacks 1,4 and 7 are totally sold out.

do you call that so-so sales??

this thing has been in the market lah. don't fall for the "soft launch" tingy. As far as I'm concerned, this project has been launched for WEEKS. In fact, its already all over the papers, still considered "not officially launched" ar? Goodness me.
    who cares if it's officially launched? your argument states no news = so so sales and there are 3 stacks sold out.

please learn to read

who cares if it's officially launched? your argument states no news = so so sales and there are 3 stacks sold out.

please learn to read
    Visited the crowded showroom yesterday, near 70% sold. Passing by The Shore showroom noted quite empty. I think Coralis pulls the buyers away because it is Freehold and at better location for about the same price.

congrats to brother bullman who got the 2BR unit with a 4% discount last week

Was the prices changed recently?

Looks like your standard of overwhelming/outstanding/earthshattering sales is very low. By today's standards, a project has also sold 60%-70% of launched units after 3 weeks is considered so-so. There are sold out projects you know. This project sales performance is nothing to shout about lah - not "overwhelming" enough to be reported anywhere. As I say, I have a higher standard for overwhelming sales, and this performance has not reached there. Some people get 70/100 very happy, some people need higher marks. So different definition - please learn to read - just because you have lower standard doesn't mean people don't know how to read.

please learn to read

Looks like your standard of overwhelming/outstanding/earthshattering sales is very low. By today's standards, a project has also sold 60%-70% of launched units after 3 weeks is considered so-so. There are sold out projects you know. This project sales performance is nothing to shout about lah - not "overwhelming" enough to be reported anywhere. As I say, I have a higher standard for overwhelming sales, and this performance has not reached there. Some people get 70/100 very happy, some people need higher marks. So different definition - please learn to read - just because you have lower standard doesn't mean people don't know how to read.
    the sales performance has got nothing to do with the news exposure. your argument is that no news = so so sales, not 70% of project sold = so so sales.

fail logic. please learn to read before attempting to do anything else. epic fail

I think it is between so-so and out-performed.

Just like our teachers setting their exam papers, they can easily pass or fail students by the questions they set. I would say under current market sentiment, 70% sold in about three weeks is above average performance which is very much depending on the prices and room sizes set by the developer. If HL had set S$3000 psf and more big size units for its 76@Shenton, I am sure it will not be 100% sold in a day or even a month.

I understand that Coralis now gives 3% discount which is equivalent to Stamp-Duty-Absorbed scheme.

Relax. No need to debate.

76 Shenton fully sold in 1 day and achieve 2.6k psf. Now, that is impressive and fast.

got a call from an agent who mentioned that FEO is launching another development - the sound, somewhere in east coast (near telok kurau lor n), at 1400-1500psf

makes coralis' pricing look attractive

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    I understand that Coralis now gives 3% discount which is equivalent to Stamp-Duty-Absorbed scheme.
    Actually if they give 3% discount, it means the prices are revised upwards by 1%. They gave 4% during the 'preview'.

got a call from an agent who mentioned that FEO is launching another development - the sound, somewhere in east coast (near telok kurau lor n), at 1400-1500psf

makes coralis' pricing look attractive
    $1400 psf for the sound is probably for
    studio. Think feo got inspired by siglap
    prices.

Hi guys,

Just got back from a long biz trip. Lol. Looks like there was a long heated debate on this development.

Actually, mr birdie falcon.. I think you are right, D9,10,11 is the best of the best. You should be residing there and also investing there. Leave the overpriced D15 to short-sighted home-owners and investors like us.

I am just surprised that the velocity of sales at coralis should concern you so much. Does it matter that its fully sold out in a day or only 70% sold out in 1-2 months? The FACT is that people are still buying at the very high,insane prices that you are arguing about. I guess these makes the rest of us dumb I guess.

I dun mean to sound arrogant but buyers in the prime D15 areas are not so concerned about buying at high prices. Its the romantic relationship with this area. I am not really concerned if it drops to 600 psf in the next downturn. Its a project that I buy and hold and to move into. I guess this is what people view as as atas?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    coralis is near east coast beach but has no sea view whatsoever. i think the hdb blocks nearby have better views than coralis.
    With all due respect sir, I agree with you. But I cannot bring myself to stay in a HDB so the next "best " option I have is to buy a lousy brand new unit at the lousy coralis. If I had more dough and far-sight, a 20 year old HDB will be a much better buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if you are going to pay 1300psf for coralis, might as well buy some older projects in novena for 1300psf which is in D11. If you are buying for investment, look at the psf and quantum n ask urself which is the best possible district you can buy with that coz i think D9, 10 or 11 is still better than D15.
    Yes sir,
    I am currently staying in the ardmore area and also have units in the D9 and D10. But my heart tells me to go D15...........

Thanks bro.
    Just paid for the stamp duty and thinking hard whether to grab another 3 bedder there. Developer say can still extend the 4% price to me as I am a repeat "offender" who is going to commit the same dumb crime again .

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    $1400 psf for the sound is probably for
    studio. Think feo got inspired by siglap
    prices.
    I called up some of my regular agents and they claim that the 1400psf is for the bigger units. They can only guess that the small units are 1550 psf up.

Welcome back Bullman, you should be pleased to read today StraiteTime reported by Joyce Teo: District 15 still the top draw Attractions include sea views and food haunts .............................

My old retired developer friend told me, there are many ways to set price by deveopers but basically depending on whether the TIME is one their side. e.g.

Under same condition.

Developer A set S$2100 psf for 100 units of 1000 sqft/unit
    Sold Out in ONE DAY
    You can call it Impressive, Excellent ......

Developer B set S$3000 psf instead
    Sole ONLY 70% after few weeks
    You may call it So-So or under performed......

Who is smarter? Both sales have the same total sales = S$210M but developer B who is "under performed" still has 30 units to spare.

In fact, developer B is not smarter than a 5th Grader lol, it is because B has more time on his side then A. A most probably hard pressed to generate cashflow/revenue for "reporting" and B most likely a family held cash-rich coy who can take their own time own target. B has shown in the past they would hold the price even up to TOP and lease the unsold units until such time they can dispose at higher price. They make more money than A and quitely...

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    Welcome back Bullman, you should be pleased to read today StraiteTime reported by Joyce Teo: District 15 still the top draw Attractions include sea views and food haunts .............................

My old retired developer friend told me, there are many ways to set price by deveopers but basically depending on whether the TIME is one their side. e.g.

Under same condition.

Developer A set S$2100 psf for 100 units of 1000 sqft/unit
    Sold Out in ONE DAY
    You can call it Impressive, Excellent ......

Developer B set S$3000 psf instead
    Sole ONLY 70% after few weeks
    You may call it So-So or under performed......

Who is smarter? Both sales have the same total sales = S$210M but developer B who is "under performed" still has 30 units to spare.

In fact, developer B is not smarter than a 5th Grader lol, it is because B has more time on his side then A. A most probably hard pressed to generate cashflow/revenue for "reporting" and B most likely a family held cash-rich coy who can take their own time own target. B has shown in the past they would hold the price even up to TOP and lease the unsold units until such time they can dispose at higher price. They make more money than A and quitely...
    Yes yes.. Now you are talking. That is the reason I only buy projects from certain developers who "help" their buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Yes yes.. Now you are talking. That is the reason I only buy projects from certain developers who "help" their buyers.
    Can you share who are these helpful developers?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Thanks bro.
    Just paid for the stamp duty and thinking hard whether to grab another 3 bedder there. Developer say can still extend the 4% price to me as I am a repeat "offender" who is going to commit the same dumb crime again .
    eh eh?? tell you what, when i have a kid, i will rent your 2BR to register for enrollment into tao nan or tanjong katong primary. this will allow you to leave in your 3BR place and still enjoy rental collection

eh eh?? tell you what, when i have a kid, i will rent your 2BR to register for enrollment into tao nan or tanjong katong primary. this will allow you to leave in your 3BR place and still enjoy rental collection
    Ahaha. thats a nice one bro. I am more than willing to help friends get along in the world. Some folks here do not believe in registering for a good primary school for the kid. Any ABC primary will do. I guess its a personal choice and belief.

I have also seen and experienced, how affiliation to certain schools have helped to open up doors. Those who object to this claim are those who have not been privileged enough to encounter this and I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Relax. No need to debate.

76 Shenton fully sold in 1 day and achieve 2.6k psf. Now, that is impressive and fast.
    When market crashes, it will also be one of the first few in the prime districts to take a free fall.

Make a study on the history during the last financial crisis...and you see prices in prime districts dipped by 20 to 30% while prices in D15 keep climbing like nobody business.

I hvn't heard of anyone making a loss from investing in property in D15. But lots of fire auction sales from prime districts when market crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    When market crashes, it will also be one of the first few in the prime districts to take a free fall.

Make a study on the history during the last financial crisis...and you see prices in prime districts dipped by 20 to 30% while prices in D15 keep climbing like nobody business.

I hvn't heard of anyone making a loss from investing in property in D15. But lots of fire auction sales from prime districts when market crashes.
    i agree with the argument in principle, though it may be over simplistic to say that d15 property prices are immune to dips. another plausible reason why prime district prices suffer a larger decline is that purchasers could be more a speculator than a stay-in owner. hence, there is a tendency for such buyers to overgear themselves and risk the scenario of a fire sale if they can't cough up $ upon t.o.p to service the mortgage.

having said so, we also can't rule out the fact that there aren't speculators in d15. just perhaps, not as much as you would find in the prime areas.

just my opinion, there could be a ton of other reasons

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

When did property prices in D15 ever go up when the rest are coming down? Never heard of that for past so many decades and this is the first time I ever heard of such statement. Still, giving you the benefit of doubt - Can you show data to justify what you said?

I have a friend who bought at $1000 psf in D15 in 1998. Till now still cannot recover the costs when interests is included.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    When did property prices in D15 ever go up when the rest are coming down? Never heard of that for past so many decades and this is the first time I ever heard of such statement. Still, giving you the benefit of doubt - Can you show data to justify what you said?

I have a friend who bought at $1000 psf in D15 in 1998. Till now still cannot recover the costs when interests is included.
    Don't like to spoon feed people....go do a search on the internet yourself

I dun hv to convince u how D15 is performing since most of your statements are "anti-D15". Why should u be here? Go back to your prime district forums and brag about your investment in Orchard Rd and tell how well it is performing.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

Tat 'colour' seems to have vested interest in D15...