Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    He probably makes as much (or more) money as you.

blink blink I think I know exactly what you meant ...

lol no need to compare lah, maybe he's still in his early twenties? youngsters today will overtake us one.

eh i really tak boleh tahan pple hanging laundry over balcony railings maciam hanging singapore flag at ndp. why can't people spare a thought for their own property facade?

qfoo, know wat u mean

last yr when i went caspian showroom .. wowser! eye opener sia

Today is hot and not windy lah. Everywhere. I doubt Yishun with so much greenery and empty spaces is the hottest place. I suspect the concrete jungle heavily built up area in the city and East part of SG like Tampines would be even hotter. It was reported in the news that this horrible weather of extreme heat will last for a week or so. just bear with it.

Sometimes also depend on wind direction and time of day. Sometimes my place windy. Sometimes my neighbour's place windy.

Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    Really? I wonder why? Is it becos certain time of year? Sometimes even the beach at East Coast is so still kite also cannot fly.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Fresh curbs not stopping property buyers
    Over 300 of 350 released Estuary units snapped up in the wake of new anti-speculation rules
    Leonard Lim
    The Sunday Times
    Sunday, 28 February 2010

The Estuary condo in Yishun is the first major property launch since government measures to curb speculation were announced last week. The 99-year leasehold condo's showflat saw a steady stream of visitors yesterday. -- Photo: Ng SorLuan, ST

They came, they saw, they bought.

As of yesterday, more than 300 of about 350 units in The Estuary condominium that were released for sale have been snapped up.

The MCL Land project in Yishun is the first major property launch since measures were announced by the Government last week to curb speculation.

These were: stamp duty to be paid if the buyer sells the property within a year, and lending institutions allowed to lend only up to 80% of the property's value, not 90%.

Yesterday, more than 80 pairs of shoes were seen outside The Estuary's showflat when The Sunday Times visited at 1.30pm.

The number increased steadily to more than 100 pairs by 2pm as people came to check out the 99-year leasehold condo.

Most were families with young children or young couples, lured by the condo's proximity to Lower Seletar Reservoir and attractive prices of about $750 psf.

Inside, all the 15 tables set aside for prospective buyers were filled most of the afternoon.

Sales of the 350 released units began last week. The project has 608 units - comprising 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom types.

'It's been encouraging so far despite the measures,' said an MCL Land staff member, noting that demand was evenly distributed across the various apartment types.

'At first, there was more interest in the 1-bedroom units but when the measures were announced, this died off a little.'

1- and 2-bedroom units have usually been popular among speculators at launches over the past year. They make up nearly 40% of units in The Estuary, which is near Khatib MRT station.

Small apartments have been targets for speculators because the lump-sum outlay is relatively more affordable.

The Government's measures to curb excesses have come at the right time, said Madam Angie Ng who bought a 3-bedroom unit at The Estuary for about $930,000 yesterday.

'I'm relieved actually. We were waiting for this launch and then the measures came. That'll help curb speculators and prices won't be jacked up,' she said.

Madam Ng, 36, who works in the banking industry, is married with 2 children and lives in a 5-room flat in Yishun.

Property agents said The Estuary's relatively distant location from the city also meant it might not be as attractive for speculators.

The prices were the key lure for the buyers, about 70% of whom live nearby in Woodlands and Marsiling.

'For upcoming projects in Singapore, the prices are at least $900 psf,' said ERA agent Shayne Lim, 34, noting that prices have even reached $1,200 psf in Ang Mo Kio.

'And there hasn't been a new condo in the Yishun area for over 10 years,' she said of the good buying response.

People in the real estate sector will also be monitoring sales at another condo - Vision@West Coast - which is set to be launched soon.

Located on West Coast Highway, the 99-year leasehold development has 281 apartments and 14 strata houses. Sizes start at about 800 sqft for a 2-bedroom unit and rise to 5,000 sqft for the strata houses.

'Demand should be strong as the location also boasts sea views,' predicted property agent Jimmy Tan.

The asking price for the project, he added, could be around $1,100 psf.

Anybody noticed there are a few satellite dishes point across to Estuary..
    Heard this is no good.

Regardless of your opinion on this project, it's doing very well. that's a good thing, for all of us. Estuary has an effective PSF of at least 1000, and still has very good reception, even though it's like 30% higher than the next neighbor.

Similar trend was seen in HK last week. Over the CNY weekend, SHK sold 900 units at a site far far into the New Territory (Yuen Long in HK is as ulu as Yishun in Singapore, or even more I would say), at a price 30% higher than the last transacted price in the region.

Looks like mass market boom is going steady

Let's see if Li Kashing can remake West Coast.

nobody said about buying a 2 bedder in Estuary. I am saying it is best to invest in a 2 bedder in outlying areas (which includes Yishun), can accomodate smal families as well as couples or bachelors.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    Not everyone will look for 2 bedders if they find 1 bedder is enough to cater for their basic needs. In Estuary, 1 bedder cost below 500K while 2 bedder cost ard 800K. Its 300K difference!! my friend. You think all companies will accomodate you alone and spend so much money to pay for 2 bedder rental where 1 bedder can already satisfy the basic needs of a person? Anyway, different companies have different accomodation plans for their employees and theres no need to argue on this.
    Cheers

the gamma readings will go up and if it reaches high levels can even mutate ur genes and cause funny cancers to crop up in your body, really scary....

Quote Originally Posted by jhokc0007
    Anybody noticed there are a few satellite dishes point across to Estuary..
    Heard this is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by sgproperty-advisor, SkycraperCity, 28 February 2010 10.55 pm
    Hot hot hot...
    The Estuary:

Fully Sold Stacks
    Stacks 01, 02, 12, 19

Stacks with limited units available
    Stacks 03, 04, 05, 07, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 31, 33, 38, 39

Other available stacks
    Stacks 10, 11, 13, 14, 34, 35, 40

UNRELEASED STACKS
    Stacks 08, 16, 17, 18, 20, 28, 29, 30, 32, 37
    Stack 20
    3 Bedroom (2nd flr – 16th flr) :$928,600 ($714psf) - $1,057,500 ($806psf) (Reservoir View);
    Stack 28
    3 Bedroom (2nd flr – 15th flr) :$830,700 ($696psf) - $934,700 ($783psf) (Reservoir View);
    The hot weather we experienced lately is due to El Niño.

The hot sale at The Estuary now is due to ...?

haha, I see alot of voices over whether it make sense to invest in this project or not. Well, if you are looking at the needs of a normal family profile (which is the most common in Yishun area), of course 1 bedder has no market demand at all. Who would want to squeeze in so many people in 1 bedder? Absolutely right and I agree.

However, we must not forget a group of bachelors and bachelorettes who are now currently staying with parents / siblings and who are also actively finding a place of its own privacy. If they turn to prime district area, its gonna cost them at least 4 to 5 times the price of Estuary. Not everyone can afford. This group of people are growing according to statistics, alot of people are not getting married nowadays.

Not everyone will look for 2 bedders if they find 1 bedder is enough to cater for their basic needs. In Estuary, 1 bedder cost below 500K while 2 bedder cost ard 800K. Its 300K difference!! my friend. You think all companies will accomodate you alone and spend so much money to pay for 2 bedder rental where 1 bedder can already satisfy the basic needs of a person? Anyway, different companies have different accomodation plans for their employees and theres no need to argue on this.

I'm hearing loud and clear with complaints abt the small room size in Estuary. Anyway, it happens to any condos. Its not something new anymore. In today's ST, a married couple with kids stay in Yishun 5 room flat. Why do they have to downgrade to a smaller room size and pay near 1 mil for Estuary 3 bedder? It is the quality of living they are looking at. They even tell the reporters that the price is reasonable.

I drive past west coast area before, damn ulu also. So by comparing, I see more potential in Estuary.
    But things are quite hard to say, I won't be surprise if the vision has smaller room size and is selling at a higher $psf price and is selling like hot cakes....because...... anything..... can.... happen.

Cheers
    i havent the privilege to view Estuary .. can only visualise base on reviews/feedback here

my point is : 10000 workers ... all expats ? expats=managerial level i assume ..
    so 20/10000
    so its not too much to rent a 2 bedroom for a single expat..and not forgetting some expats(managers) come with families ..

so the demand for 1 bedroom for expats wont be there ..

foreign workers ? non managerial ...maybe ..but what kind of salary ? to enable him to rent a 1 bedroom

i used the same questionings last year ..and concluded that IR will not spark demand for studio / 1 bedder rental demand...many disputed me ...

and we all now know they are exploring HDB mass rental to house their workers ...

whats stopping aerospace to make the same arrangement ?

also a FH 4 bedroom at Seletaris .. abt 1800 sqft cost 1.02 mio as reflected in the latest caveat ... ave psf not more than 650 psf ..

wouldnt that be a better choice ? of course it has NO VIEW of reservior .. but i hear there is a natural hotspring nearby ..

for HDB upgrader .. with big family and need space .. and at less that 1.2 mio for a 1800 sqft (666 psf) i think is a gem find ... it may not be near MRT, bus interchange, no reservior , etc .. it has its own amenities there .. but hey ..both Seletaris and Estuary as equally far from the city ..but by car ...Seletaris is faster to town

i am not saying Estuary is bad ..

i am only wondering its investment value .. in terms of rentability, yield, demand from who/where ...
    from the feedback here..it seems its usable space is small ..

IF there is a PH unit with unblocked reservior view, of 1000 sqft of not more than 2 bedroom ..on a single level ... will be a good investment ...

you are right that condo units getting smaller and smaller .. but they are still many projects in the city (not new launches) with NO BAY WINDOW, NO BALCONY .. 2 bedroom of pure 1000 sqft built up space .. at very good location ... and 10 mins walk to major shopping and mrt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Looking for condo in north, 1 March 2010 1.18 am
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Looking for condo in north, 11 February 2010 1.00 pm
    What a pair of condos!
    Sapphire and Emerald set nëw hïghs of $592 psf and $566 psf respectively!
    Can going-8-year-old Sapphire break $600 psf soon?

I regretted asking "can going-8-year-old Sapphire break $600 psf soon" on 11 February 2010. My question was answered 2 weeks later.

Anyway, what a pair of going-8-year-old condos!
    Emerald and Sapphire set nëw hïghs of $632 psf and $628 psf respectively!

Yishun Emerald
    Address .......................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
    22 Canberra Drive #12-06 .... $632 psf .... 1,001 sqft .... $633,000 .... 1 Feb 10

Yishun Sapphire
    Address .......................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
    50 Canberra Drive #14-17 .... $628 psf .... 1,163 sqft .... $730,000 .... 29 Jan 10
    Life is amazing, isn't it?

While some folks are busy finding faults with The Estuary for selling at an average price of $750 psf, nearby going-8-year-old Yishun Sapphire and Yishun Emerald are busy breaking hïghs.

Maybe the reason is that either The Estuary is as old and as remote as these 2 condos or fault-finding is such an interesting hobby.

Anyway, these folks are kind enough to provide us the amusement we need during this period of hot weather caused by El Niño.

Hi amk,

thanks for reminding me to be careful that there might be hundreds of west coast residence viewing my posts. Actually its an encouraging piece of news to me.

Why? Because I see it as a good platform to share different perceptions and investment strategies.

When asked what I will get in Estuary when compared to hundred trees and The vision, heres my answer:

At least I get nicer view and fresher air from the reservior free from oil tankers and polluted sea.
    At least I get $300-400psf cheaper than what I can get from the vision. At least I get mrt which is within walking distance compared to the vision.
    You go vivo city from vision or hundred trees u also need to drive, so nothing to shout about. What if you can't drive? You think you can walk to vivo? you probably stuck in west coast park with your gf. At least I can still take a bus/mrt conveniently next to Estuary to go suntec city or orchard rd. On top of all these convenience and advantages, it allows me to save a difference of $300-400psf dollar compared to buying the vision, I think its damn worth it.

Do not be mistaken, Im not trying to condemn The Vision. I'm merely doing a comparison. If The Vision is priced ard 1100-1200psf, I feel that the profit margin is pretty narrow and limited. Thats just my opinion. I might be wrong anyway.

Talk about the large space in seletaris, its even more funny. If shaughnessy was to compare with seletaris, Seletaris is not even in the league in terms of size and $psf. They both have equal convenience to SLE expressway. Whats there to shout about? Shaughnessy is only $380psf. Its size is twice of that seletaris' 1800sqft. I really feel entertained when seletaris is being mentioned in this comparison game.

As for accomodation plan by companies, I will not repeat what I've said previously. Companies with different profiles have different accomodation plan. At least one thing for sure is if there's job opportunities in that area, there will be a demand for accomodation. What makes you think they would die die choose 2 bedder or 3 bedder instead of 1 bedder or 4 bedder? These employees may belong to different grps with different profiles, needs and financial ability. Its too judgemental for u to decide what unit types they will eventually choose. Anyway they are the ones who's making the decision, and not you.

But I feel that the bachelors/ bachelorettes grp are powerful enough for me to take them into account in my investment plan. This also reflected in my previous post and I do not wish to repeat again.

Someone mentioned about the hot weather in Yishun, I feel like laughing hilariously but I tried to control. Why don't you blame the whole Yishun for causing the whole singapore climate to be hot, probably its more innovative to say it that way. I go any places in any part of Singapore I also sweat like hell, not just Yishun area alone, my dear.

Lets not debate this anymore. What was said had been said.
    The only difference in opinions is our perception of Yishun. Frankly speaking, if Estuary was to be priced ard $1100 to 1200 psf, I also think its not worth buying. Its all boils down to the potential of profit margin.

Why not we do a simple test? Perhaps the most effective way is to wait for The vision to launch first and then we compare its sales with Estuary. This is the best way to justify who is right and who is wrong in terms of decision making. In fact I lugi you know, Estuary has more units to sell than The Vision. haha But nvm, treat it as a handicap match against my favour.

Hi amk,

thanks for reminding me to be careful that there might be hundreds of west coast residence viewing my posts. Actually its an encouraging piece of news to me.

Why? Because I see it as a good platform to share different perceptions and investment strategies.

When asked what I will get in Estuary when compared to hundred trees and The vision, heres my answer:

At least I get nicer view and fresher air from the reservior free from oil tankers and polluted sea.
    At least I get $300-400psf cheaper than what I can get from the vision. At least I get mrt which is within walking distance compared to the vision.
    You go vivo city from vision or hundred trees u also need to drive, so nothing to shout about. What if you can't drive? You think you can walk to vivo? you probably stuck in west coast park with your gf. At least I can still take a bus/mrt conveniently next to Estuary to go suntec city or orchard rd. On top of all these convenience and advantages, it allows me to save a difference of $300-400psf dollar compared to buying the vision, I think its damn worth it.

Do not be mistaken, Im not trying to condemn The Vision. I'm merely doing a comparison. If The Vision is priced ard 1100-1200psf, I feel that the profit margin is pretty narrow and limited. Thats just my opinion. I might be wrong anyway.

Talk about the large space in seletaris, its even more funny. If shaughnessy was to compare with seletaris, Seletaris is not even in the league in terms of size and $psf. They both have equal convenience to SLE expressway. Whats there to shout about? Shaughnessy is only $380psf. Its size is twice of that seletaris' 1800sqft. I really feel entertained when seletaris is being mentioned in this comparison game.

As for accomodation plan by companies, I will not repeat what I've said previously. Companies with different profiles have different accomodation plan. At least one thing for sure is if there's job opportunities in that area, there will be a demand for accomodation. What makes you think they would die die choose 2 bedder or 3 bedder instead of 1 bedder or 4 bedder? These employees may belong to different grps with different profiles, needs and financial ability. Its too judgemental for u to decide what unit types they will eventually choose. Anyway they are the ones who's making the decision, and not you.

But I feel that the bachelors/ bachelorettes grp are powerful enough for me to take them into account in my investment plan. This also reflected in my previous post and I do not wish to repeat again.

Someone mentioned about the hot weather in Yishun, I feel like laughing hilariously but I tried to control. Why don't you blame the whole Yishun for causing the whole singapore climate to be hot, probably its more innovative to say it that way. I go any places in any part of Singapore I also sweat like hell, not just Yishun area alone, my dear.

The only difference in opinions is our perception of Yishun. Frankly speaking, if Estuary was to be priced ard $1100 to 1200 psf, I also think its not worth buying. Its all boils down to the potential of profit margin.

Why not we do a simple test? Perhaps the most effective way is to wait for The vision to launch first and then we compare its sales with Estuary. This is the best way to justify who is right and who is wrong in terms of decision making. In fact I lugi you know, Estuary has more units to sell than The Vision. haha But nvm, treat it as a handicap match against my favour.

everything else aside .. you should compare shaugnessy with Springhill , both LH, both clustered housing ..and not agsinst seletaris which is a condo

anyway thats how i compared them .. 4 bedroom 1800 sqft at seletaris FH 650 psf ...against 3/4 bedroom Estuary LH probably 700-800 psf ( i am not sure) ...

i am just questioning which is a better deal ,,, not saying your purchase is bad ..

dont take it so defensively ..like many said we are here to learn ..me too ..

so tell potential buyers.. why seletaris FH compared to LH estuary is laughable ? in terms of psf and space

of course dont use shaugnessy .. compare that with springhill

bro

can comment much on the layout etc cos i havent seen it ... but i trust your judgement

as for the heat ... i would say it could be seasonal ...

anyway your private mail box is full ....

To me, buying Estuary or Vision has limited potential for investment. Be it rental or capital appreciation. If I were you, I buy for own stay. Vision or Estuary or even 100 trees, I don't see a huge difference in appreciation because there is nothing to shout about around that area. If investment, I would buy at least a city fringe - if my finances allow me to. If you are talking about own stay and avoid tankers, then you should buy something that you like, like Estuary. Because you are staying there after all. As to location, unless you buy in Orchard or Marina Bay, then forget those that claim "NEAR". Knn, everywhere also near. Tuas also near to Airport. Like the dunno what lincon suite selling above 2k psf, to me, that is ridiculous. Location wise, not very fantastic but the price is crazy. Not even that near to Orchard. So depends what you want. If you think you like Estuary, then go for it. But when you talk about investment, it is always about the prime locations, CBD etc... That is where the money are.

Hi amk,

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    nobody said about buying a 2 bedder in Estuary. I am saying it is best to invest in a 2 bedder in outlying areas (which includes Yishun), can accomodate smal families as well as couples or bachelors.
    This statement I agree. 2 bedder offers flexibility..you can rent to a small familites or two bachelors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea
    New Release of Stacks

Stack 20
    3 Bedroom (2nd flr – 16th flr) Reservoir View

Stack 28
    3 Bedroom (2nd flr - 15th flr) Reservoir View

Showflat will be closed for the time being

However Pre Booking is still avil.

Sms at 90686016 for Bookings
    This is really ridiculous... why would they close the show flat? No enough sales or visitors? Preview 3 days and public launch 2 days and close for at least 1 day.... this is really funny.... gives me the impression that the project is really not that hot until developer had to close shop and take orders... something like ordering KFC and Macdonalds... order first, see later.. when it is delivered... cannot refund though...

A lot of agents are walking the streets with nothing to do but to take phone calls... is it really that difficult to keep the show flat open? Imagine this, if I want to buy, I cannot even see the show flat before I buy... this is really spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    this area makes absolutely no sense as an investment - am only considering it for own stay - the only concerns we have are environmental ones and the fact that effective PSF is about 1200-1300psf
    and the layout is so chialat it'll inly work if i get 2 units and hack the wall
    Totally agree... this is really for the self stay folks who don't mind paying a premium for the reserviour view. Maybe the richer folks who stays around Yishun and prefers to continue staying in Yishun.

I have the same thoughts about knocking down the living room wall of a joining 3 bedders that comes with great reserviour view and is on the high floors... Easier to make the decision if that is the case...In case I give the impression that I am rich, I am not and so that is just talk no action only. gfoo could do so if he wanted to

Going by gfoo's posts and others claims that he stays in a 2+1 at the sail... I don't think he would mind letting go the sail at a profit and switch to this project with a bigger space or to buy another just to stay... a trade off in terms of views, location and accessibility. But then again, lots of factors to consider and balance the trade offs... just making an assumption here. Think he has stated that he will pass...

If this project comes with penthouses... its very likely to sell fast to those who can afford it...

Most 1 bedders comes with very hot afternoon sun. All without reserviour views, purely just space or the very limited space... the hope of selling it at a 20% gain within a year, assuming $500k unit will be around $640k (2% commission). In terms of PSF... that would be around $1081 psf...

If holding longer than a year, u saved around $13,200 of sellers stamp and lowers the sales price to around $620k. In terms of PSF... that would be around $1047 psf.

Wish you Good Luck Mr. Moo2010...

Went to see the showflat yesterday and all I can say is that it is the most deceptive showflat I have come across.

Long walls in the living room have been removed. Lines are drawn on the floor for you to visualize where the wall will be. Furniture is placed beyond these lines giving you a wrong impression of how big it will be. Bay windows which are supposed to be there have been removed from the already small looking bedrooms. Ceiling are almost 4 metres high when the actual ceiling will be 2.85m

Those buying the 3 bedders are in for a shock when they get their keys. I am expecting lots of subsales upon TOP for 3 bedders not because of speculation but because of disappointment over how small it is. The dining area can hardly accommodate a 6 seater dining table. The living area will at best be able to accommodate a small L-shaped sofa or a 3 seater. Forget about a 3 + 1 + 1 sofa set. In fact the living /dining area of my studio is bigger than this 3 bedder. For some designs, the balcony is almost 10 feet wide and what is the use of having a nice reservoir view when your view of the reservoir is through a balcony whose railing will be almost 15 feet from where you are seated. To maximize the beautiful views, you should not have balconies. You should be seated about 5 feet away from the edge of the window beyond which is the view.

The 2 bedders are not too bad – mot much wastage of space.

Hi amk,

In terms of location, The Estuary is clearly better than the Vision. There is no way one can drive down to Orchard on a Sunday morning in flat 16 minutes from The Vision unlike The Estuary. So $1100psf and above for the The Vision will be daylight robbery when compared to The Estuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Lilydale, 1 February 2010 1.36 pm
    Almost-7-year-old Lilydale EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $542 psf in November 2009.

Lilydale
    Address ............................... psf ............. Area ........... Price .......... Contract Date
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #10-04 ..... $542 psf ..... 1,195 sqft .... $648,000 ..... 16 Nov 09
    If almost-7-year-old Lilydale EC can hit $542 psf, why shouldn't:
    1. Going-9-year-old Seletaris hit $643 psf,
    2. Going-8-year-old Yishun Emerald hit $632 psf,
    3. Going-8-year-old Yishun Sapphire hit $628 psf
    ?

If going-9-year-old Seletaris can hit $643 psf, why shouldn't completely-new-and-near-water-and-near-MRT-and-near-... The Estuary hit .....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Seletaris, 1 March 2010 9.33 am
    Wow!
    Going-9-year-old Seletaris has set a nëw hïghs of $643 psf!
    Cool!

Seletaris
    Address ................................ psf ............ Area .......... Price ......... Contract Date
    505 Sembawang Road #04-46 .... $643 psf .... 1,119 sqft .... $720,000 .... 28 Jan 10

Quote Originally Posted by nav14, 1 March 2010 9.37 am
    In terms of location, The Estuary is clearly better than the Vision. There is no way one can drive down to Orchard on a Sunday morning in flat 16 minutes from The Vision unlike The Estuary. So $1100psf and above for the The Vision will be daylight robbery when compared to The Estuary.
    It is important to note that The Vision needs to sell from $1,100 psf onwards because of the recent DC hike by the government. With this DC hike, the value of developers' land bank will go up. If a land price/value go up, shouldn't the price of the development too?

In fact, most of (if not all) FEO projects' prices will increase effective from today (i.e. 1 March 2010) due to this DC hike. With this price increase today, Centro Residences should have no problem breaking its last high of $1,289 psf. Can we say "seeing $1,300 psf" is only a matter of weeks away for Centro Residences?

If supposedly Centro Residences can sell at or above $1,300 psf, why couldn't The Vision? Is The Vision inferior to Centro Residences?

Default SOME FLOOR PLANS OF ESTUARY

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    It is important to note that The Vision needs to sell from $1,100 psf onwards because of the recent DC hike by the government. With this DC hike, the value of developers' land bank will go up. If a land price/value go up, shouldn't the price of the development too?

In fact, most of (if not all) FEO projects' prices will increase effective from today (i.e. 1 March 2010) due to this DC hike. With this price increase today, Centro Residences should have no problem breaking its last high of $1,289 psf. Can we say "seeing $1,300 psf" is only a matter of weeks away for Centro Residences?

If supposedly Centro Residences can sell at or above $1,300 psf, why couldn't The Vision? Is The Vision inferior to Centro Residences?
    Of course Vision is inferior to The Centro in terms of location/amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Of course Vision is inferior to The Centro in terms of location/amenities.
    i do know that there are substantial developments in place to boost the Yishun area...with new hospital and facilities etc - not sure about West Coast though...industrial maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i do know that there are substantial developments in place to boost the Yishun area...with new hospital and facilities etc - not sure about West Coast though...industrial maybe?
    probably

on an investment point ..west coast condos yields better as i have been told by agents ...

can any agents here verify ?

i only know of someone with a 4 bedroom at varsity park ..rented at 7k
    and botannia 3 bedroom rented at 4.5k

xebay11 is offline New Launch Project Specialist

What sort of layout is this? no real family can stay here for more than 2 years, where is the space for text books, notes and toys in the bedrooms? I don't even want to talk about putting in a piano or study tables for the kids.

BTW my comments are in general of all new space deficient condos and Estuary is sadly one of them, with huge balcony nonetheless. After the novelty of the pool and landscaping dies out, I can't imagine having to live in such cramped spaces.

Also please do a psf calculation of how much the balcony and planter is going to cost you before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Totally agree... this is really for the self stay folks who don't mind paying a premium for the reserviour view. Maybe the richer folks who stays around Yishun and prefers to continue staying in Yishun.

I have the same thoughts about knocking down the living room wall of a joining 3 bedders that comes with great reserviour view and is on the high floors... Easier to make the decision if that is the case...In case I give the impression that I am rich, I am not and so that is just talk no action only. gfoo could do so if he wanted to

Going by gfoo's posts and others claims that he stays in a 2+1 at the sail... I don't think he would mind letting go the sail at a profit and switch to this project with a bigger space or to buy another just to stay... a trade off in terms of views, location and accessibility. But then again, lots of factors to consider and balance the trade offs... just making an assumption here. Think he has stated that he will pass...

If this project comes with penthouses... its very likely to sell fast to those who can afford it...

Most 1 bedders comes with very hot afternoon sun. All without reserviour views, purely just space or the very limited space... the hope of selling it at a 20% gain within a year, assuming $500k unit will be around $640k (2% commission). In terms of PSF... that would be around $1081 psf...

If holding longer than a year, u saved around $13,200 of sellers stamp and lowers the sales price to around $620k. In terms of PSF... that would be around $1047 psf.

Wish you Good Luck Mr. Moo2010...
    Well, it still boils down to the perception of how much Yishun is worth for from year 2010 onwards.
    Condorich, our biggest difference is you don't believe in Yishun as an unpolish gem capable of going up to $1000psf but I beg to differ. You are still looking at the condo price way behind the years in 2006 to 2009. Luckily you never lead Singapore or else singapore will never progress. (Just kidding, no hard feelings...hehe).

Anyway, We should look ahead and trust our government in their developmental plans. What makes u think that if Yishun right now only worths $800psf, it will not progress anymore? Look at bigger picture pls...Yishun's nearby condo prices are picking up too, would you go to the extend by everyday putting a post here criticising and discouraging pple from buying Yishun condo? If nearby condo $psf is picking up, what makes u think Estuary's price is not possible to climb further? It should be priced higher than others as it is new and well located. Its a logical statement. Well, I would have probably agree with you that I will not buy Estuary if Estuary is priced above $1100psf onwards at this moment.
    However In few years time, probably Yishun worth more than $1100psf when infrastructures and job opportunities are all done up. If singapore lands start to depreciate or comes to a stand still in near future, I would be very worried of Singapore's destiny.

Well, come back to The Vision. If it is currently priced at ard 800 to 900psf, probably I would still consider becoz theres still room in terms of profit margin. However, if it is priced at 1100 to 1200psf right now, I would not even consider at all. Investment is abt the potential in profit margin, don't you get it? Anyway, condorich, U dont have to wish me good luck all the time, I can sense sacarsm but I still respect your opinion. It just that I have my own investment plan and thoughts.
    I wish you good luck too

Ya, funny thing abt "Proud Owner" is after his Manhattan Crap, he seems to participate alot more in the conversation after seeing Estuary being attack. The fun part of this joker is, he havent seen the Estuary showflat yet but he is so much engrossed in attacking Estuary. This leaves me to wonder where is his integrity and honesty in opinion.

gfoo, I see that you are honest in your opinion, with no hidden agenda, if I know you better, maybe we can talk more and exchange more ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    probably

on an investment point ..west coast condos yields better as i have been told by agents ...

can any agents here verify ?

i only know of someone with a 4 bedroom at varsity park ..rented at 7k
    and botannia 3 bedroom rented at 4.5k
    The largest sources of employment come from Central and Western regions in Singapore, so expect better rental yields for properties in the West compared with North, by far.

Ya, funny thing abt "Proud Owner" is after his Manhattan Crap, he seems to participate alot more in the conversation after seeing Estuary being attack. The fun part of this joker is, he havent seen the Estuary showflat yet but he is so much engrossed in attacking Estuary. This leaves me to wonder where is his integrity and honesty in opinion.

gfoo, I see that you are honest in your opinion, with no hidden agenda, if I know you better, maybe we can talk more and exchange more ideas.
    Bro/Sis some times the truth does hurt, I think most savy investors need not look at floor plans or show rooms to make decisions, they base their decisions on the locale.

Postively, I think you would get some capital appreciation in 2 years as the things going for the Estuary is the high profile and good views, which means there would be some interest for sometime after. But being a LH project it is only good for hit and run. All the best.