Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 59646974798485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by Jornada
    https://www.gebiz.gov.sg/scripts/mai...xtSystemCode=E

Not sure if its good or bad news for residents around the vicinity. Road enhancement works expected at the junction and surroundings of ave 2, lentor ave, right at the doorstep of Estuary (esp those stacks facing the mrt track and junction). Projected for a period of 14mths.
    As i mentioned in another thread, my guess for this is a road interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by streamium70
    i am concern about the mozzie story given the recent dengue issue. Is it direction and level dependent?

Spidey, which level and direction are you at? How abt others?
    i am at blk 87. sighted spiders and lizard (once, coming from the roof top). no mozzie so far.
    i use electronic pest repellent bought from fairprice. but cannot tell whether it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    i am at blk 87. sighted spiders and lizard (once, coming from the roof top). no mozzie so far.
    i use electronic pest repellent bought from fairprice. but cannot tell whether it works or not.
    Guys, spiders, lizard are natural enemy of mozzies.

PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM!

they could be jollywell the reason why your estate is mozzie free.

Instead of relying on chemical, let nature dealt with nature's problem is the best thus don't kill the wrong 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Some forumers already complaining about road noise.
    Having road interchange is not a good thing.
    Its better not to expect too many happening around this area.
    Otherwise it will be too busy and noisy for comfortable living.

The scope of works seems quite extensive as it warrants widening and re-routing during the enhancement works of 14 mths.

Quote Originally Posted by shareidiot
    Your link cannot click (expired).
    Perhaps can just go to gebiz URL n search for tenders under LTA. however, non registered users will not have access to the documents.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73

PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM!

Instead of relying on chemical, let nature dealt with nature's problem is the best thus don't kill the wrong 'friend'.

i never kill lizards as they are harmless to us. spiders are a different story. some can bite humans.

With theft increased to 5 cases, the Estuary signage at the road junction had been fully enclosed with wire fence now. Looks ugly but at least the management did something. Disappointing with the landscaping. Many places still dirty, not clean, very dusty, trees turned yellow & dried up. The creepers also approaching their old age like not growing at all. Lack of fertilizer. The water feature on left side of entrance not 'on' for 2 weeks already. What's wrong?
    Also the entry barricade broken at the resident side. Seems like ramped over by a resident? Horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence
    With theft increased to 5 cases, the Estuary signage at the road junction had been fully enclosed with wire fence now. Looks ugly but at least the management did something. Disappointing with the landscaping. Many places still dirty, not clean, very dusty, trees turned yellow & dried up. The creepers also approaching their old age like not growing at all. Lack of fertilizer. The water feature on left side of entrance not 'on' for 2 weeks already. What's wrong?
    Also the entry barricade broken at the resident side. Seems like ramped over by a resident? Horrid.
    Is theft cases in new estates common due to high traffic of people going in and out?

Saw the broken entry barricade as well...

what exactly is a road interchange? the junction traffice is quite bad during peak hours and if they could widen it or have some type of fly-over, it will help to elevate the problem. With the BTOs coming up further in in the coming years, it will just get worst. The additional access to TPE from the Yishun dam can help for those going to TPE but if you need to go south, then no choice.

the estate is very nicely done and improving. really a pity if not properly maintained

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    i never kill lizards as they are harmless to us. spiders are a different story. some can bite humans.
    problem is , i hv lizard phobia.

btw, just read this from the papers today; the government is tendering out the hugh piece of land next to Northpoint, where the bus interchange now sits. bus interchange will go underground in future, and a mega mall plus a residential project will be built on top of it. a la amk hub, or nex.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73

PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM!

guess you have not encountered spider eggs and spider baby crawling all over.... and lizards jumping on you and their shit so stubborn that cannot simply rubbed away ... and in the house and rooms

what exactly is a road interchange? the junction traffice is quite bad during peak hours and if they could widen it or have some type of fly-over, it will help to elevate the problem. With the BTOs coming up further in in the coming years, it will just get worst. The additional access to TPE from the Yishun dam can help for those going to TPE but if you need to go south, then no choice.
    usually lta will choose to simply widen roads but this will be bad for estuary as roads get closer to block and traffic will only get more massive. it's the traffic light that is causing the bottle neck. a flyover will be bad for estuary. in any case there is a mrt track blocking. an underpass from lentor to ave 2 will be a win win for all and for long term

I just wrote an email to feedback to the management office on this. They say that double glazing the sliding door is the recommended solution. But they will bring in up to the Developer to see what else can be done.

Anyone else with good ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    even just glass railing at the balcony will be good. residents need to rally together to get this approved

Quote Originally Posted by laomai
    I just wrote an email to feedback to the management office on this. They say that double glazing the sliding door is the recommended solution. But they will bring in up to the Developer to see what else can be done.

Anyone else with good ideas?
    I doubled gaze already doesn't help so much. Still can hear some noises. If glass railing allowed at balcony, I would love to as this extend the living space. They should allow but to standardize all units that need to do so with specifications & design clearly stated.

I doubled gaze already doesn't help so much. Still can hear some noises. If glass railing allowed at balcony, I would love to as this extend the living space. They should allow but to standardize all units that need to do so with specifications & design clearly stated.
    glass planels to cover up the balcony is not cheap even if it is allowed. for a 4BR, someone quoted ~S$15k!

glass planels to cover up the balcony is not cheap even if it is allowed. for a 4BR, someone quoted ~S$15k!
    small price to pay as compared to balcony price
    nevertheless no reason why developer cannot even allow glass railings which does not affect the facade at all. good to block out rain and dust and also prevent kids from touching the railings which will be very dirty and even gets rusty. the metal is not power coated and just painted over

nevertheless no reason why developer cannot even allow glass railings which does not affect the facade at all. good to block out rain and dust and also prevent kids from touching the railings which will be very dirty and even gets rusty. the metal is not power coated and just painted over
    I would love to have permenant seal glass instead of railing but that will change the facade. The railing is ok & should be approved by mgmt so long u open during day time, closed at night but that caused non uniformity & still trapped dirts. If permenantly sealed, you can change sliding doors to wide open type, put bean bag sofa, lazy lounge chairs, plants & table on a wooden deck. How nice......

Do let me know if you know of a contractor that can do a effective job at a good price. I can then suggest it to the developer

Just to share with those who haven't or about to do ur planter decking.

Not sure if the management told you guys that if we were to install decking, there should be no drilling or even a single nail onto the planter box.

Was told that if drilling or nailing is done, they will void our warranty for 10years.

Do let me know if you know of a contractor that can do a effective job at a good price. I can then suggest it to the developer
    Aiyah pls don't depend on me .... can't do anything yet as still rectifying defects. One month already still no sound no picture. workmanship very jialat. Worst than resale. any way prepared for the worst liao. a friend who bought their another project after seven months still rectifying.

Just a gentle reminder:

You may claim the property tax rebate from the developer for the difference in the period between official TOP (1 April 2013) and issuance of keys to you. May not be much, though can be about 8% (if 1 month) of your annual property tax. Write in to your lawyer who will know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Just a gentle reminder:

You may claim the property tax rebate from the developer for the difference in the period between official TOP (1 April 2013) and issuance of keys to you. May not be much, though can be about 8% (if 1 month) of your annual property tax. Write in to your lawyer who will know what to do.
    But property tax not here yet right? Received a letter from IRAS, they said 1 year later than will know the annual value of the property?

I'm at blk 87 facing the main road. Low-mid level. Absolutely no mozzies at all. U mean u guys are still facing mozzie prob?

i am concern about the mozzie story given the recent dengue issue. Is it direction and level dependent?

Spidey, which level and direction are you at? How abt others?

Saw this ad on tv, looks pretty good to protect against rain, dust and noise.

But not sure if your mcst will approve though.

http://smartwindows.sg/

finally took my advice to fence up the corner water feature which anyone can easily climb and walk up. now we all know just survilence camera will not work

finally took my advice to fence up the corner water feature which anyone can easily climb and walk up. now we all know just survilence camera will not work
    yes saw that. hope they can remove the police notice board soon...very ashame leh looking at it when colleagues/friends coming

Default Pest Invasion

Originally Posted by Komo

I have been haunted by these flying inserts every nite since I shifted in 2 weeks ago. There would always be a few HUNDREDS of them and they would in waves and visit my balcony evening time. The first nite I had my dinner there, i actually swallowed a few of them as they dropped onto my soup . None of my kids dare to go near the balcony at night now.

Looks like the foldable glass panel option not only can help cut off the noise, it might actually solve our 'invasion of the pest' headache.

attachment: video of our nightly visitors..

Default Pest Invasion

Originally Posted by Komo

I have been haunted by these flying inserts every nite since I shifted in 2 weeks ago. There would always be a few HUNDREDS of them and they would in waves and visit my balcony evening time. The first nite I had my dinner there, i actually swallowed a few of them as they dropped onto my soup . None of my kids dare to go near the balcony at night now.

Looks like the foldable glass panel option not only can help cut off the noise, it might actually solve our 'invasion of the pest' headache.

attachment: video of our nightly visitors..