Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

I pass by this project every morning, no doubt, the sun rise is very nice!

MCL is going to launch another project soon, called D'Mira at Balestier road.

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence
    Went to the showroom again and the crowd was not so packed compared to previous preview session. Collected their newly printed brochure and looking at the sales results, they're approaching 85% yesterday, with lower floors units of 3-bedders still avialable for few stacks. Most of the newly releases units facing the reservoir were all snapped up yesterday, but they had few 2-bedders which are facing the pool still available. Average psf hit $795, lower than I expected.
    All 1 bedder/MM unit sold out.

I think within next week the project will be sell-out. Developer already level the ground ready for foundation piling next week.

Went to the showroom again and the crowd was not so packed compared to previous preview session. Collected their newly printed brochure and looking at the sales results, they're approaching 85% yesterday, with lower floors units of 3-bedders still avialable for few stacks. Most of the newly releases units facing the reservoir were all snapped up yesterday, but they had few 2-bedders which are facing the pool still available. Average psf hit $795, lower than I expected.
    All 1 bedder/MM unit sold out.

I think within next week the project will be sell-out. Developer already level the ground ready for foundation piling next week.
    ok.... congrats on your purchase for self stay at around $700 psf... a bargain. The attention given to this project should be lesser now.. If you want the actual results based on caveats lodged... you have to wait a month or two for them to be lodged after they are exercised. Hope that there are no returned units.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence, 7 March 2010 10.09 pm
    The Estuary is 95% sold as of today. Average psf is $800.
    Wow! 95% sold as of Sunday? So hot?

Judging from the success of this project, the upcoming tender at D18 Tampines Avenue 1/10 (besides Tropica) with upcoming DTL3 Temasek MRT station within 400m will be red hot ...tender submission date 16 March

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    something is wrong with the numbers.
    this means that out of every 10 singaporeans you meet in the streets, 8 come from households that earn 5 grand or less a month - cannot be
    as we move towards a service economy, a larger proportion of those who are in the service sector have income that are commission based (ie their basic salary is low, but the real monthly income due to commissions and other KPI bonuses is sizeable) but difficult to be factored into salary surveys and statistical studies due to their unpredictability. case in point will be all the banks' product managers/private banking RMs or anyone involved in sales, property agents, insurance agents etc.... as well as those with foreign sourced income...

The days of caspian's 580psf are really over.... Still remembered in 2005 I went to see the Sensoria which has just top-ed the remaining 2 bedder 1000sqft selling 550k and the agent offered the furnished showroom 3bedder for 700k.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The days of caspian's 580psf are really over.... Still remembered in 2005 I went to see the Sensoria which has just top-ed the remaining 2 bedder 1000sqft selling 550k and the agent offered the furnished showroom 3bedder for 700k.
    Yup... check out the asking prices there now... over a million... shocking!

If it can go so high up in such a short period of time... it can crash so hard in a short period of time also. That's is where the real winners are made.

Went to view today...for high floors, 2 or 2+1 units, only left stack 10 & 11..facing the Bottletree park. For those facing the reservoir, only left low floor of 4th storey and below...

Got quoted for one 4th floor reservoir facing 3 bedroom at low 700+psf....seems like a steal, given the average price that other units were sold...

I have a question though...is the 4th storey above the trees? Can I get at least a little view of the reservoir? Or is the 4th storey right smack in the tree?? I understand that the condo is on elevated ground....

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Went to view today...for high floors, 2 or 2+1 units, only left stack 10 & 11..facing the Bottletree park. For those facing the reservoir, only left low floor of 4th storey and below...

Got quoted for one 4th floor reservoir facing 3 bedroom at low 700+psf....seems like a steal, given the average price that other units were sold...

I have a question though...is the 4th storey above the trees? Can I get at least a little view of the reservoir? Or is the 4th storey right smack in the tree?? I understand that the condo is on elevated ground....
    The tree can any time up growth up to 9th floors...

Eerrrmmm ... the fact that they offered you at 700++ psf ... shows that they quite sure its a unit that faces the "greenery" ...

Trees right in front of your unit is not ideal for Feng Shui ... block most of the Qi. But of course, if you dont believe, then its a good price!

DKSG

Possibly as most NParks Roadside Trees will be about 3 - 4 storeys high. At least, it may provide a sound barrier from the traffic.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

There's a reason why it is still left on the shelf... it is quite likely to be blocked. However, if you can accept the pros and cons, I would say it may seem like a bargain. No longer looking at northwood? Maybe seletaris with pool view might be worth considering for you... trade off with the proximity to MRT. If there's no hurry, i.e. can wait at least 3 to 5 years... maybe you could consider other plots in Yishun.

Another option is to register your interest and wait for those units that are returned to developer due to non exercise of options. Its your luck. May need a month or two.

1st floor - u paid more for non-livable area, a private enclosed space but polluted by noise and dust.

2nd floor - u paid for viewing tree trunk and some greenery far at lower ground of reservior.

3rd floor - u paid for viewing the reservior with some greenery and leaves in between

4th floor - u paid for viewing only the greenery - all leaves

5th floor - u paid for viewing the trees top and trees at the opposite bank of the reservior and some satellite discs

6th floor - u finally see the reservior with greenery below.

10th floor & above - u have a very scenic view

Please adjust the floor level on what u can see after TOP by 1 storey as trees grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Thakin99, Channel NewsAsia Forum, 9 March 2010 9.10 am
    out of the 600 units, only 70 units left...
    mebbe today can sell all...
    Estuary is a huge success

Punter Lim, too bad u miss it, though u stay so near...
    Are you sure can sell off the remaining 70 units today?

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    The tree can any time up growth up to 9th floors...
    the coniferous-looking trees (don't know real name) outside my block grow up to 12 storeys high!
    when I moved in 5 years ago, they were only 4-5 storeys high hor

1st floor - u paid more for non-livable area, a private enclosed space but polluted by noise and dust.

2nd floor - u paid for viewing tree trunk and some greenery far at lower ground of reservior.

3rd floor - u paid for viewing the reservior with some greenery and leaves in between

4th floor - u paid for viewing only the greenery - all leaves

5th floor - u paid for viewing the trees top and trees at the opposite bank of the reservior and some satellite discs

6th floor - u finally see the reservior with greenery below.

10th floor & above - u have a very scenic view

Please adjust the floor level on what u can see after TOP by 1 storey as trees grow.
    Speaking from personal experiences,

1st floor - You have a large PES area that cannot be used as people will throw all kinds of things down, especially in a mass condo.

2nd floor - Very high chance your whole house will get flooded with sewage water because the toilet pipes get choked. Unscrupulous contractors will pour cement down these pipes during construction or renovation. Once hardened, the cement will choke the pipes below. It will cost you at least $1,000 to clear them. And your beautiful parquet or timber flooring will be damaged causing more $$$ in repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    There's a reason why it is still left on the shelf... it is quite likely to be blocked. However, if you can accept the pros and cons, I would say it may seem like a bargain. No longer looking at northwood? Maybe seletaris with pool view might be worth considering for you... trade off with the proximity to MRT. If there's no hurry, i.e. can wait at least 3 to 5 years... maybe you could consider other plots in Yishun.

Another option is to register your interest and wait for those units that are returned to developer due to non exercise of options. Its your luck. May need a month or two.
    Bro..not looking at Northwood anymore...bot Rosewood Suite for own stay leow...

Went to look at Estuary cause wife was curious and maybe look at buying for investment purpose....but it seems that the rental yield based on what agent told us (of rental of 2-2.5k per month for 2 bedroom) is about 3.2%...is this a good yield?

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    the coniferous-looking trees (don't know real name) outside my block grow up to 12 storeys high!
    ha ha..that translate to avg 1 floor plus per year...of growth..

Let me reiterate again, current price not fundamentally
    supported...

Quote Originally Posted by ksh
    Let me reiterate again, current price not fundamentally
    supported...
    I tend to agree with ksh but then if one is flushed with cash I guess it doesn't matter as long as one loves the place

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    If this is the case, then the 4th floor is quite a good buy cause by the time the condo TOP, the green leaves will be above the 4th floor and from the 4th floor, you will see reservoir between the tree trunks...which is not bad yah??

If this is the case, then the 4th floor is quite a good buy cause by the time the condo TOP, the green leaves will be above the 4th floor and from the 4th floor, you will see reservoir between the tree trunks...which is not bad yah??
    Kurby, not sure if Seletaris' rental yield is high though...

Quote Originally Posted by birdhundter
    I tend to agree with ksh but then if one is flushed with cash I guess it doesn't matter as long as one loves the place
    I have been thinking about why prices keep moving up regardless of whatever measures that Mr. Mah is implementing...and I concluded that:

1. Singaporeans are basically high savers, so they have no problem forking out the downpayments, plus the fact that they can use the amount in CPF..
    2. The current low interest rate translate to low monthly instalments. Buyers are probably using their ability to service their monthly instalments to work backwards to see what price they can afford.

So given the current scenario of low interest rate, the prices are sustainable....the risk comes when interest rate moves up.....

Quote Originally Posted by kurby, 9 March 2010 10.38 am
    I have been thinking about why prices keep moving up regardless of whatever measures that Mr. Mah is implementing...and I concluded that:

1. Singaporeans are basically high savers, so they have no problem forking out the downpayments, plus the fact that they can use the amount in CPF..
    2. The current low interest rate translate to low monthly instalments. Buyers are probably using their ability to service their monthly instalments to work backwards to see what price they can afford.

So given the current scenario of low interest rate, the prices are sustainable....the risk comes when interest rate moves up.....
    Singaporeans ... keep saving, refuse to spend and clear all debts ...

... obviously a lot of money to fork out for downpayment ...

... $1 trillion is no small sum ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Household wealth at $1 trillion
    Gabriel Chen
    The Straits Times
    Tuesday, 10 November 2009, 6.35pm

The record figures, which were released in the Monetary Authority of Singapore's (MAS) annual Financial Stability Review on Monday, go a long way to explain why the recession that has just ended seemed less painful than previous downturns. -- Photo: Caroline Chia, ST

Households in Singapore have generally weathered the financial crisis well, with net wealth rising to an all-time high of $1 trillion as at end September after slumping to $895 billion in the first quarter of the year.

The record figures, which were released in the Monetary Authority of Singapore's (MAS) annual Financial Stability Review on Monday, go a long way to explain why the recession that has just ended seemed less painful than previous downturns.

The recovery in the stock and property markets since the first quarter is one reason, but Singaporeans are also richer as they saved, invested and paid their debt.

The global economic recovery has meant a strong rebound in net wealth - assets minus liabilities.

Take property assets. The MAS data showed that real estate holdings have turned around - they were up by an estimated 9% to $537 billion in the 3 months to 30th September 2009, from $491 billion in the 2nd quarter.

hi kurby, go to Blk 816 HDB, take the lift up to 10 floor, then walk down the staircase one by one, see which level u like. The view is about the same height as HDB for the Estuary as its elevated ground is same as 1st floor of HDB void deck height. View in between tree trunk and reservior lake is not bad.

Bro..not looking at Northwood anymore...bot Rosewood Suite for own stay leow...

Went to look at Estuary cause wife was curious and maybe look at buying for investment purpose....but it seems that the rental yield based on what agent told us (of rental of 2-2.5k per month for 2 bedroom) is about 3.2%...is this a good yield?
    No prob and a good choice there for self stay. Investment wise, think it could be better elsewhere.

For expected rental at Estuary, you could use the peak at Yishun area ... Rental wise, not to good a deal. Only Orchid Park has more than 10 in 2 quarters.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

EUPHONY GARDENS 27 2.02 2.05 2.25 (25th percentile, Medium and 75th percentile)
    ORCHID PARK CONDOMINIUM 27 1.95 2.03 2.17

The project being new will draw demand from the rest... that is a fact... however, pricing wise... not much difference with the rest as bascially the tenants are switching. You are able to rent but the rest shall be worst off. However, if demand is higher than the current level, they could remain status quo and you can command a premium. Yield is not attractive to me.

A nice place for self stay but the traffic there is teribble in the evening. Anyone know if there is any plans to improve the infrastructure over there?

Went to see again, high floors left 2+1 stack 10 and 18 e.g. #17-10 $883890. 2bedder left stack 11 got high floor #17-11 $742860.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Went to see again, high floors left 2+1 stack 10 and 18 e.g. #17-10 $883890. 2bedder left stack 11 got high floor #17-11 $742860.

Stack 10 and 11... and 18.. similar facing with stack 4... think might have sun issues. Stack 10 is pretty odd like a key. Stack 11, 18 looking down, looking at or looking up at the spikes.

As always... options granted are not confirmed sales until they are exercised. Agents will be heart broken if the buyers changed their mind after consulting others, such as their fengshui master, financial advisors and property guru friends..

Left overs for grabs.