Page 22 of 97 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526273237424752 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Yes I would agree too... at least he is very frank about the lay out... like what karenk said before.. take the good and bad.

When you buy for self stay.. it is really a different set of criteria and sometimes the price difference is not really that important as long as you can still afford it. Secondary considerations versus primary needs.

Frankly, its not because I am sour grapes here. Do want to point out to others than Moo2010 that 1 bedders are always first to sell out...within hours of the preview even..... if the 1 bedders here cannot sell out.. its really not worth investing. Moo2010 is probably buying for self stay so he has probably a different set of criteria.

Altez...1 bedder all sold out right? Most if not all D9,10,11 FH 1 bedders always sell out first before the 2 bedders.... the speed of the sales will give a rough estimate of the current and future demand.

In city area, get 1 bedders as quantum is high. However, people do value the convenience and will still pay to stay.
    In suburb, get at least a 2 bedders as the value placed on convenience is not as much and the folks would have a stronger preference for a bigger unit at a cheaper price. Simple concept of trade of.
    4 yrs back and I purchase Savannah and Kovan, both yields ard same profit returns. But the greatest joy comes from Savannah investment instead of kovan. Why? Its when everyone starts to qns me why invest in a 4 bedder when it is the slowest to go at that time. It is situated in the middle of nowhere and still have ard 50units of 4 bedders unsold after TOP for 2-3yrs already.

Same thing happens when buying shaughnessy where everyone starts to qns again. Why buy a ulu house for $800K plus? Now the transaction had shown its average transact price all easily hit 1.2-1.3mil.

Now same situation was pointed out by condorich again. Your assumption is, if the 1 bedder in Estuary was not TOTALLY sold out in a few hours or few days time, it should be deemed as a lousy investment. If this concept was to be applied similar to the time I bought savannah, I would have committed suicide 4 yrs ago. Friend, don't be so myopic, not every thing goes by interpolation and assumptions, esp in property investment.

Not all condo comes with mrt that is within walking distance. If you think its too far to walk, I guess your age must be ard 60-70yrs old. On average it takes ard 8 mins walk to mrt and I've tried. I don't have to worry abt public transportation and that is convenience already. Not all singles can afford prime district 1 bedder. If you work in Yishun be it in the aerospace hub or hospital, would you buy a 1 bedder in orchard and take mrt to Yishun to work? Nonsense right? Not everyone works in prime district, In fact alot of people, including myself work in suburb area. Why they LPPL go buy some prime district condos where they have to pay a high quantum and face inconvenience when they go to work.

Don't always assume that job opportunities are cluttered just in prime district only. In fact there are many people ard us who are working in suburb area such as Yishun, Ang Mo Kio, Jurong, Woodland etc and who are singles and just need a place to stay. 1 bedder is just nice for them as it is 600sqft in size compared to those so called prime district studio that is only 300sqft in size. I feel 600sqft for 1 bedder is pretty generous for the singles to stay. Not all bachelors would want to pay an additional $300K to get a 2 bedder or even more for 3 bedder. Some will while some will not. Lets be open minded and don't use bamboo to capsize the whole boat with such assumptions. Always remember, different people comes with different needs.

Moo,

Thanks for all the sharing - IMHO, seems that you have proven that your strategies work so far and you have a firm belief that your purchase is justified. Don't really need to bother about defending your decision to the skeptics and procrastinators lah.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    4 yrs back and I purchase Savannah and Kovan, both yields ard same profit returns. But the greatest joy comes from Savannah investment instead of kovan. Why? Its when everyone starts to qns me why invest in a 4 bedder when it is the slowest to go at that time. It is situated in the middle of nowhere and still have ard 50units of 4 bedders unsold after TOP for 2-3yrs already.

Same thing happens when buying shaughnessy where everyone starts to qns again. Why buy a ulu house for $800K plus? Now the transaction had shown its average transact price all easily hit 1.2-1.3mil.

Now same situation was pointed out by condorich again. Your assumption is, if the 1 bedder in Estuary was not TOTALLY sold out in a few hours or few days time, it should be deemed as a lousy investment. If this concept was to be applied similar to the time I bought savannah, I would have committed suicide 4 yrs ago. Friend, don't be so myopic, not every thing goes by interpolation and assumptions, esp in property investment.

Not all condo comes with mrt that is within walking distance. If you think its too far to walk, I guess your age must be ard 60-70yrs old. On average it takes ard 8 mins walk to mrt and I've tried. I don't have to worry abt public transportation and that is convenience already. Not all singles can afford prime district 1 bedder. If you work in Yishun be it in the aerospace hub or hospital, would you buy a 1 bedder in orchard and take mrt to Yishun to work? Nonsense right? Not everyone works in prime district, In fact alot of people, including myself work in suburb area. Why they LPPL go buy some prime district condos where they have to pay a high quantum and face inconvenience when they go to work.

Don't always assume that job opportunities are cluttered just in prime district only. In fact there are many people ard us who are working in suburb area such as Yishun, Ang Mo Kio, Jurong, Woodland etc and who are singles and just need a place to stay. 1 bedder is just nice for them as it is 600sqft in size compared to those so called prime district studio that is only 300sqft in size. I feel 600sqft for 1 bedder is pretty generous for the singles to stay. Not all bachelors would want to pay an additional $300K to get a 2 bedder or even more for 3 bedder. Some will while some will not. Lets be open minded and don't use bamboo to capsize the whole boat with such assumptions. Always remember, different people comes with different needs.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Orchid Park Condo, 3 March 2010 12.25 am
    $659 psf?
    Still has $41 psf more to go before going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo hit $700 psf.

Orchid Park Condo
    Address ............................. psf ............ Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    95 Yishun Street 81 #08-06 .... $659 psf .... 872 sqft .... $575,000 .... 19 Jan 10
    Will going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo ever be able to catch up with the all-new The Estuary in term of pricing?

hey bro, the market for one bedders in that kind of ulu place has not been tried and tested yet which is why i mentioned a few years down the road. those who buy those mickey mouse units in the place you bought are also testing the market few years down the road. To have people snapping up a project at launch only talks about current buying sentiments and speaks nothing about the project's potential upon TOP. If you had purchased ur MM unit at 5xxk plus, for you to get a 5% rental yield, you would need to rent ur MM unit out for more than 2.1k and have you studied the current rentals there before you even exercise that option?

The condos in yishun renting for just 2k plus are huge in comparison to your MM unit (twice the size or even bigger) and they offer tenants with the full range of facilities as what Estuary can offer. The only thing that you can scream about upon TOP is that ur condo is new but for an expat who cares little about property age (after the house is not his), it would be dumb for him to rent a 600sf unit for 2.1k when he can rent an older 1200sf unit in the area for just 2.3k. And to think that the tenant has to tolerate with the west sun, heat trap in an MM unit blar blar blar, why would the tenant even bother to settle for your unit when there are better options and bigger units renting at a better price elsewhere in yishun?

The gurus here have a reason when they tell you this is not a place to invest but if you are resolute and have already fixed ur mind on something, there is little others can do to stop you.

The key thing about profit earning is not just about whether you have bought something worthy or not...it is whether there's buyers who is willing to buy from you.

You talk so much how unworthy it is to buy Estuary 1 bedder, in the end the sales keep going up steadily. Twist your brain abit la, don't always follow the crowd, try analyze things deeper. Try study the unique buying sentiments and profit margin. No fish prawn also good is also an indication of buyer's unique sentiment. As long as there's people buy, I'm still the winner.

U can only convince me if there is no sales going on. Else, pls don't talk about how many years down the road that kinda crap as no one will be able to predict and we have enough of that. We already hearing you loud and clear.
    Its a fact that Estuary is selling well and all units are evenly distributed in terms of sales. bro, dont waste time la. U don't buy doesnt mean others won't buy.

If I don't buy anything, I everyday also can be like you sit down here and criticize. Very convenient right?

the other thing you one should also consider when buying a 1 bedder in estuary is the mindset of a tenant who wants to rent the place. The questions the tenant will ask are as follows:

1. is it near mrt? (qualified)
    2. is it near amenities? (qualified)
    3. is there west sun? (coz people come back from work after a tiring day dont want to settle down in a hot place) (disqualified)
    4. is the unit reasonably priced in comparison with surrounding older projects? (disqualified)
    5. is the unit far from cbd? (disqualified)
    6. as an expat, if i want to invite family of 4 to come over to stay for the week or month, is the unit conducive? (disqualified)
    7. when there is family reunion, is it convenient to invite 20 people to the unit for a gathering? (disqualified)
    8. is it possible to save on electricity bills by just turning on the fan? (disqualified coz unit is a constant suana)

There has to be very strong reasons for a young bachelor to want to live in yishun and pay 2.1k a month rental for MM unit with west sun and "nothing to scream about" kinda lifestyle. There has to be even more compelling reasons for the buyer to pay $600k for a unit in Yishun upon TOP unless Jurong starts selling at $1500psf....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    the other thing you one should also consider when buying a 1 bedder in estuary is the mindset of a tenant who wants to rent the place. The questions the tenant will ask are as follows:

1. is it near mrt? (qualified)
    2. is it near amenities? (qualified)
    3. is there west sun? (coz people come back from work after a tiring day dont want to settle down in a hot place) (disqualified)
    4. is the unit reasonably priced in comparison with surrounding older projects? (disqualified)
    5. is the unit far from cbd? (disqualified)
    6. as an expat, if i want to invite family of 4 to come over to stay for the week or month, is the unit conducive? (disqualified)
    7. when there is family reunion, is it convenient to invite 20 people to the unit for a gathering? (disqualified)
    8. is it possible to save on electricity bills by just turning on the fan? (disqualified coz unit is a constant suana)

There has to be very strong reasons for a young bachelor to want to live in yishun and pay 2.1k a month rental for MM unit with west sun and "nothing to scream about" kinda lifestyle. There has to be even more compelling reasons for the buyer to pay $600k for a unit in Yishun upon TOP unless Jurong starts selling at $1500psf....
    Your arguement is both logical & factual. But if someone likes that area and see some 'potential' in it, why not? Not everyone likes to be near the CBD or a happening neigbourhood, throw big parties at home(these are common sterotype). I know of ang moh who love our dreaded west sun. Perhaps fishing is wonderful over there as well. Besides the price is not that bad. EX but not insane.

hey bro, the market for one bedders in that kind of ulu place has not been tried and tested yet which is why i mentioned a few years down the road. those who buy those mickey mouse units in the place you bought are also testing the market few years down the road. To have people snapping up a project at launch only talks about current buying sentiments and speaks nothing about the project's potential upon TOP. If you had purchased ur MM unit at 5xxk plus, for you to get a 5% rental yield, you would need to rent ur MM unit out for more than 2.1k and have you studied the current rentals there before you even exercise that option?

The condos in yishun renting for just 2k plus are huge in comparison to your MM unit (twice the size or even bigger) and they offer tenants with the full range of facilities as what Estuary can offer. The only thing that you can scream about upon TOP is that ur condo is new but for an expat who cares little about property age (after the house is not his), it would be dumb for him to rent a 600sf unit for 2.1k when he can rent an older 1200sf unit in the area for just 2.3k. And to think that the tenant has to tolerate with the west sun, heat trap in an MM unit blar blar blar, why would the tenant even bother to settle for your unit when there are better options and bigger units renting at a better price elsewhere in yishun?

The gurus here have a reason when they tell you this is not a place to invest but if you are resolute and have already fixed ur mind on something, there is little others can do to stop you.
    Thanks for the advice.But sorry, beg to differ. There are couple of assumptions you've made which I think its senseless.

U are saying Yishun is a Ulu place, its your perception again. I feel Yishun is a mature estate and not ulu at all. So it still boils down to differences in opinion. Everyday when I drive home, so many cars heading towards Yishun and sometimes got into traffic jams, and now u tell me this is a ulu area. Oh my god! I suggest you go find out the population of this area first b4 you label here as Ulu.

For once, back in 10yrs time, I always think Boon Lay is a damn ulu and inaccessible area until when I see how well it has developed, providing good amedities,good job opportunities, transportations and reasonable pricing condos. What makes u think Yishun lack such potential? Anyway, Job opportunites, amendities and transportation are on its way to Yishun so its natural for Yishun dwellers to stay positive and thats also the main reason why Estuary's sales is so good.

Like what you've already said, 1 bedder has not been tested in the suburbs yet, so what makes u be so sure this investment will not work? I prefer to explore possibilities in things that are scarce and unpolished. That is where you can find its potential. Else how come diamond and gold all sell so expensively?

You are making another mistake in your assumption again. If Estuary 1 bedder has to be priced at 2.1K for rental, do you think the rest of its neighbourhood condo (which are much bigger) is willing to settle for just $2K rental? They will definitely adjust their rental accordingly. You must understand, change is constant. Don't always look at things at a standstill, there are chain reaction that affects one another. How can you not understand such simple theory?
    Don't assume orchid park residence are dumb, they will look at the rental and sales of Estuary and adjust their rental and selling price accordingly. If they still settle for the same rental or sales price for the next 10 yrs, I will change my surname.

Anyway, who told u I bought the unit for $5xxK? Its your own assumption again. I've already worked out my rental/profit return b4 you gave me that piece of advise. So in other words, your calculation for the rental yield don't apply to me anymore since you already get my purchase price wrong. Anyway, save the effort in calculating for me, and trust me that I can do a better job, seriously. I thank you for your kind intention.

Like what you said, expats are working class and ard what time they usually knock off? According to singaporean's working profile and statistic, many will probably reach home around 7pm (if they are lucky), I think if they want to see the sun also got no chance already. So i don't think this is a big issue, in fact no issue. Even you return home early, so what if there's sunlight entering into your room? Just turn on the aircon and pull your curtains for awhile la. Which singaporean don't on their aircon everyday? Even no west sun or even its raining, I still on my aircon and pull my curtain in shaughnessy. Its such a natural thing due to our climate.

And what makes u think smaller unit will get toasted by sun? Comeon lah, according to simple theory, the smaller the room, the faster for the room to get cooled when aircon is on. In shaughnessy, it takes me quite a while for the whole room to be cooled since my room is damn big.

The so called "guru(s)" here in my pt of view are a group of people who agrees upon one another, and is cynical of things that had not been tested yet. Why not let us keep an open mind and see how well Estuary 1 bedder performs in the near future. Isn't it a better option rather than debating here endlessly?

Hmm.. Can even argue over this? Haha. Let me give you my views:-

For buyers who bought to stay, good buy. You bought what you want (only applicable for those who bought if they like the place and not those who want something below 1000 psf)

For investors, depends how you see it. How big is a studio there? I assume should cost around 450k to 500k? Based on expected rental of 1.5k, only 3.6% yield. IMO, you can find something better. Numbers don't lie so let's be objective. Don't ask me how I achieve 1.5k. It is pure guessing. You can guess 5k if you want to. But if city square residences studio with view fetching around 2.1 to 2.2k, I don't think studio in Yishun can break the 2k barrier. Even compass heights 2 bedroom is around 2.2 to 2.3k. So there are many better competitors around.

But of course, not everyone can afford to buy Icon. Some want to play small and buy suburban so there is a market for everyone. Nothing wrong. Some might even invest in HDB - which IMO, nothing wrong.

But one thing to note is that during downturn, overpriced condos within that area will be the one that get badly hit. Especially if it has not TOP - no rental to support. Something to take note if you are a small player with no spare cash or holding power. Banks will stop the progressive payment if valuation drop below 80%. This has happened before and will happen again.

Take care.

Bro, I really gotta salute you for treating your friends so dearly. Now I know U buy house just to accomodate your friends' visit.

Btw, no one buys a house with the priority and intentions to accomodate 20 guests. I think the only place that can do it is Shaughnessy. Not even the 4 bedders in Estuary can do it. Even it can, it will look like a fish market.

So what are you disqualifying? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Hmm.. Can even argue over this? Haha. Let me give you my views:-

For buyers who bought to stay, good buy. You bought what you want (only applicable for those who bought if they like the place and not those who want something below 1000 psf)

For investors, depends how you see it. How big is a studio there? I assume should cost around 450k to 500k? Based on expected rental of 1.5k, only 3.6% yield. IMO, you can find something better. Numbers don't lie so let's be objective. Don't ask me how I achieve 1.5k. It is pure guessing. You can guess 5k if you want to. But if city square residences studio with view fetching around 2.1 to 2.2k, I don't think studio in Yishun can break the 2k barrier. Even compass heights 2 bedroom is around 2.2 to 2.3k. So there are many better competitors around.

But of course, not everyone can afford to buy Icon. Some want to play small and buy suburban so there is a market for everyone. Nothing wrong. Some might even invest in HDB - which IMO, nothing wrong.

But one thing to note is that during downturn, overpriced condos within that area will be the one that get badly hit. Especially if it has not TOP - no rental to support. Something to take note if you are a small player with no spare cash or holding power. Banks will stop the progressive payment if valuation drop below 80%. This has happened before and will happen again.

Take care.
    Uncle, city sq residence packed with indians and bangalah, $2.2K for rental is considered good already. What view you expect to see? See them pinic on the field is it? I'm expecting rental lower than this. (just kidding, no offence)

Anyway, thanks for the advice, we all here fully understand the outcome when price falls within 80% valuation.

Well, do tread carefully. Look at surrounding rental. Just my advice. Current rental is about $2.30 psf on a 85% percentile on average looking at my data around Yishun area. 85% is to cater for studio unit which command the highest rental among other units. But that is today's price. No one knows about tomorrow price. Give another 20% premiem for new condo and you have around 2.60. 2.60 x your area, you will roughly know your rental.

All the best

Uncle, city sq residence packed with indians and bangalah, $2.2K for rental is considered good already. What view you expect to see? See them pinic on the field is it? I'm expecting rental lower than this. (just kidding, no offence)

Anyway, thanks for the advice, we all here fully understand the outcome when price falls within 80% valuation.

Current rental for City Square Studio is 3k. Disbelievers who want to see tenancy agreement as proof, I can show it to you.

The Estuary studio will fetch no more than 2.2k based on current rates.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Current rental for City Square Studio is 3k. Disbelievers who want to see tenancy agreement as proof, I can show it to you.

The Estuary studio will fetch no more than 2.2k based on current rates.
    Anyway investing in studios in suburban areas like the estuary is a bad idea. For studios, most will prefer downtown or they rather pay the same price and get a 2 bedder in a older condo in the same area. For eg, most who are willing to fork out 2.2k for a studio at Esturary would rather pay the same amount and get a 2 bedder at Orchid Park Condo.

The tenant profile will be pretty low class for those wanting to rent studio in suburban areas. Be prepared to get your place messed up within the first year.

4 years ago doesn't mean the same results 4 years later... at least a 50% chance of having a wrong bet.

Yes that's true but you are not thinking about selling right? Paper gain is nothing unless realised. You cannot find a cheaper replacement property for that kind of size right? Are you really better off if you were to sell and get another of the same size? That's the point. of course profit comes in when you are downgrading to a HDB or a studio at The Estuary even. Fat Fat profit if so

70 Miltonia Close 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 $391 3283 $1285k 01 Feb 10
    174 Miltonia Close 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 $360 3498 $1260k 29 Jan 10
    170 Miltonia Close 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 $353 3488 $1230k 22 Jan 10

Bro... they are in different locations and different size and different times... some many differences and drawing or expecting the same outcome is dangerous... In mass market, a BETTER bet is to go for the bigger units as 2 HDB owners may want to sell their HDBs or Rent out their HDBs and stay together in a bigger private, especially if it is an extended family. I would agree that if you think 4 bedders are a better bet in the Estuary, except differing views on the best and fair pricing.

I'm in my mid thirties.

The profile and needs of folks getting a studio in Yishun will be? Cannot really think beyond the following possibilities.

a) Missy from China, just a space will do
    b) Mistress from China, won't settle for anything less than new condo
    c) Young guys with rich parents around Yishun, don't bother just keep it and live a yuppy style, it's free for them.
    d) Rich old folks with unfilial children who will house them there, even rent, 'nursing home' to them
    e) Cheapo expats living and working in Yishun who cannot afford a 2 or 3 bedders in the same project. They cannot stand to be seen living in a HDB with Strangers... maybe a need but definitely not going to pay top dollar for them.
    f) Anyone else?

Ok, said my piece and you are quite open to share your views with others. At least you believe in your own investment choice and it is all that matters. You shall be rewarded when you are proven right while those who comment without committing dont stand to lose anything, except the possible gain that comes with risks.. But remember, they live another day to make another choice... Things always change remember? Not going to comment too much about this project anymore so I will not be replying to your posts in future. I wish you luck.

Guess where and would this be a better bet? Just not sure about the pricing... The Estuary is definitely lower in terms of PSF apart from that, from the potential gain perspective.. would this be a better one?

Exclusive 103-unit FreeholdDevelopment
    Low-rise development nestled in matured private residential estate
    Near Reputable Schools & Institutions
    *Within 1km to Rosyth School*
    Montfort Jr & Sec Sch, Zhonghua Pri Sch, CHIJ Our Lady Of Good Counsel Sch, Nanyang Junior College etc
    Near International Schools => Rental Potential!
    Near Australian International School, Lycée Français de Singapour & upcoming Stamford American International School at Upper Serangoon Road
    Near Upcoming Mega Mall, Famous Eateries & Amenities
    Future Mega shopping mall, Nex (equivalent to size of Parkway Parade & IMM) at Serangoon Central
    Heartland Mall, AMK Hub, Hougang Mall wet markets, supermarkets
    Serangoon Gardens, popular eateries at Chomp Chomp etc

Well-linked Transportation
    Near Kovan MRT Station and future Serangoon MRT Interchange (North-east & Circle line)(Duno how near is near? 1 km?)

Unit Types
    1 Bedroom (13 units) 527 – 874 sqft
    2 Bedroom (8 Units) 884 – 1,144 sqft
    3 Bedroom (48 Units) 1020 – 1661 sqft
    4 Bedroom (16 Units) 1515 – 3087 sqft
    Penthouse s (18 Units) 1490 – 3237 sqft
    Expected TOP Date: 31 December 2013

Sms at 90686016 for more upcoming Details

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich, 3 March 2010 9.30 am
    Guess where and would this be a better bet? Just not sure about the pricing... The Estuary is definitely lower in terms of PSF apart from that, from the potential gain perspective.. would this be a better one?

Exclusive 103-unit FreeholdDevelopment
    Low-rise development nestled in matured private residential estate
    Near Reputable Schools & Institutions
    *Within 1km to Rosyth School*
    Montfort Jr & Sec Sch, Zhonghua Pri Sch, CHIJ Our Lady Of Good Counsel Sch, Nanyang Junior College etc
    Near International Schools => Rental Potential!
    Near Australian International School, Lycée Français de Singapour & upcoming Stamford American International School at Upper Serangoon Road
    Near Upcoming Mega Mall, Famous Eateries & Amenities
    Future Mega shopping mall, Nex (equivalent to size of Parkway Parade & IMM) at Serangoon Central
    Heartland Mall, AMK Hub, Hougang Mall wet markets, supermarkets
    Serangoon Gardens, popular eateries at Chomp Chomp etc

Well-linked Transportation
    Near Kovan MRT Station and future Serangoon MRT Interchange (North-east & Circle line)(Duno how near is near? 1 km?)

Yes! Thanks for the tips. This is indeed the project to watch out for.

This will be the one that has the ability to break the current hïgh of $1,285 psf for District 19 set by Glasgow Residence in January 2010. Shall we welcome $1,300 psf together?

It's time to welcome a new member to the OCR $1,200+ psf Club (whose members include Glasgow Residence, Residences Botanique, Centro Residences, Trevista, Hundred Trees, Meadows @ Pierce, Serangoon Avenue 3, Upper Thomson Road, etc.).

Don't worry, few year later maybe government will convert Yishun Dam into a Integrated resort for the North, so the JB people dun have to travel so far to Bay and Sentosa.

Wouldn't be surprise those who bought this project will hit the jackpot like Sail.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    4 years ago doesn't mean the same results 4 years later... at least a 50% chance of having a wrong bet.

Yes that's true but you are not thinking about selling right? Paper gain is nothing unless realised. You cannot find a cheaper replacement property for that kind of size right? Are you really better off if you were to sell and get another of the same size? That's the point. of course profit comes in when you are downgrading to a HDB or a studio at The Estuary even. Fat Fat profit if so

70 Miltonia Close 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 $391 3283 $1285k 01 Feb 10
    174 Miltonia Close 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 $360 3498 $1260k 29 Jan 10
    170 Miltonia Close 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 $353 3488 $1230k 22 Jan 10

Bro... they are in different locations and different size and different times... some many differences and drawing or expecting the same outcome is dangerous... In mass market, a BETTER bet is to go for the bigger units as 2 HDB owners may want to sell their HDBs or Rent out their HDBs and stay together in a bigger private, especially if it is an extended family. I would agree that if you think 4 bedders are a better bet in the Estuary, except differing views on the best and fair pricing.

I'm in my mid thirties.

The profile and needs of folks getting a studio in Yishun will be? Cannot really think beyond the following possibilities.

a) Missy from China, just a space will do
    b) Mistress from China, won't settle for anything less than new condo
    c) Young guys with rich parents around Yishun, don't bother just keep it and live a yuppy style, it's free for them.
    d) Rich old folks with unfilial children who will house them there, even rent, 'nursing home' to them
    e) Cheapo expats living and working in Yishun who cannot afford a 2 or 3 bedders in the same project. They cannot stand to be seen living in a HDB with Strangers... maybe a need but definitely not going to pay top dollar for them.
    f) Anyone else?

Ok, said my piece and you are quite open to share your views with others. At least you believe in your own investment choice and it is all that matters. You shall be rewarded when you are proven right while those who comment without committing dont stand to lose anything, except the possible gain that comes with risks.. But remember, they live another day to make another choice... Things always change remember? Not going to comment too much about this project anymore so I will not be replying to your posts in future. I wish you luck.
    Relax Condorich, pls don't lost your cool...where's your infamous line "agree to disagree"? to soothes you down? This is just differences in opinion and investment strategies, pls don't get so work up.

I guess you are perturbed by my opinion. Well, even you totally "agree to disagree" what I've said, you don't have to list down all the misfit that would probably get the studio in Yishun. You are just downgrading your analytical thinking & opinion whereas I'm expecting more from you.

Investment in Savannah and Estuary has alot of things in common, though not completely. They are all in suburbs and no one sees potential and practicability in them. The context is the same. However, I was flabbergasted... the 1 bedder in Estuary is selling quite well but why alot of people here deny such fact? self denial syndrome?

Anyway,if shaughnessy's appreciation is just paper value and is not counted, then all the teachers in singapore can tell their students: "hey look, this time you get 100marks for maths, not counted....unless you get 100 marks in your O level exam." How many students will commit suicide when they hear this? To you, everything is not counted what, so why put so much effort in it? lol

Good that you are ending this debate, differences in opinion doesnt mean we are enemies. Fighting over something that is unpredictable is senseless. Why not let time decide who gain who lose? Right?

Aiyo, I better stop talking, else you wish me good luck again.

I am cool... maybe I sounded like I am not but I am.. just giving my critical views, whether appreciated or not. Just a quick reply to you before getting back to making money. Not wasting time here..

yup, agree to disagree...

again, according to what property owner says, who knws wat yishun will be like yrs down the road. But the odds are against those who buy a studio in ths locale mreso one wth west sun. Moo obviously doesnt understand wat heat trap is n the house can be damn hot n stuffy even if a persn returns hme after sunset. No matter how govt going to spruce up the place demographics of people renting suburban condos wont differ greatly. A lot of expats these days cme to singapore wth family and spouse unless Moo is seriously limiting hs choice of tenants to gays. Again i wish hm best of luck but can clearly see that he is fightng against the heavy odds to justify his purchase. Of course i would be happy if he has proven all of us wrong but what are the odds of hm doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    That's because it is irrelevant to discuss this knowing that the condo is situated next to a busy junction. You just have to accept this trade off if you decide to buy. If you want convenience, you have to accept the traffic noise. If you want peace and quiet, go live in Pulau Ubin.
    Ha ha, there are many better place mainland to live in rahter than Ubin,
    no worries... i'm neutral here...

Choice of location/project/unit is one thing. Investment is not just about making profit when proven correct, it is also about how to cut loss without emotional attachment when you are proven wrong. I am sure Moo & others know this very well. Only market can prove him wrong or correct so no point keep saying his choice is bad.

again, according to what property owner says, who knws wat yishun will be like yrs down the road. But the odds are against those who buy a studio in ths locale mreso one wth west sun. Moo obviously doesnt understand wat heat trap is n the house can be damn hot n stuffy even if a persn returns hme after sunset. No matter how govt going to spruce up the place demographics of people renting suburban condos wont differ greatly. A lot of expats these days cme to singapore wth family and spouse unless Moo is seriously limiting hs choice of tenants to gays. Again i wish hm best of luck but can clearly see that he is fightng against the heavy odds to justify his purchase. Of course i would be happy if he has proven all of us wrong but what are the odds of hm doing that?
    URA MasterPlan 2008 Yishun Ave 1.JPG

There is plenty of empty land in Yishun Ave 1. If you refer to the URA Master Plan 2008, you will see that the entire stretch of Yishun Ave 1 (up to and beyond OCC) is slated for Residential Development. When these units are released/launched, the psf could well exceed $1,000. This will help to preserve the value/price of The Estuary, just as what The Estuary is doing to Orchid Park Condo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    Your arguement is both logical & factual. But if someone likes that area and see some 'potential' in it, why not? Not everyone likes to be near the CBD or a happening neigbourhood, throw big parties at home(these are common sterotype). I know of ang moh who love our dreaded west sun. Perhaps fishing is wonderful over there as well. Besides the price is not that bad. EX but not insane.
    Dear Mr/Ms Lou

Finally I see some hopes in this forum. Though you may or may not have agree with me 1 bedder has its potential in Yishun. At least you are aware that different people comes with different needs and preferences. This definitely separates u from those mediocres/myopics who are just looking at things in their own radar. Or should we label them as ignorant instead?

Well at least I have my reservation and did not commit into remarks like 1 bedder will definitely be 100% profitable and such. But these forumers, for no apparent reason seems to be so sure 1 bedder in Yishun is bound to be condemned, where sales and statistic has proven 1 bedder in Yishun was selling quite well even it is not oficially launch yet. sigh....

One joker even teach me to understand the meaning of heat trap, where I recalled I used to be doing fine in modules like thermodynamics and heat transfer in my NUS days.

Be it whether theres any heat trap or not, even rooms without west sun, you need to open it occasionally for ventilation. Simple logic also can't understand, what else you want me to educate you? You gotta invite some fresh air in before you close the window again and on your aircon. What so difficult abt doing this? I'm puzzled.

I feel insulted when I gotta teach some people the basics of watching such routinary details.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

My property just 1 side of the wall of the bedroom receive West sun at an angle of only about 15-30 degrees and it is already hot like hell at night! (when the surrounding temperature cools down, the wall is like a heater radiating heat!).

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    URA MasterPlan 2008 Yishun Ave 1.JPG

There is plenty of empty land in Yishun Ave 1. If you refer to the URA Master Plan 2008, you will see that the entire stretch of Yishun Ave 1 (up to and beyond OCC) is slated for Residential Development. When these units are released/launched, the psf could well exceed $1,000. This will help to preserve the value/price of The Estuary, just as what The Estuary is doing to Orchid Park Condo now.
    Precisely.....you are right

But how come some of the forumers still don't understand such simple logic? Why not give Estuary a chance to prove its worth rather than giving it a death sentence. He also never say Estuary 1 bedder is worth buying but at least he keeps an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    My property just 1 side of the wall of the bedroom receive West sun at an angle of only about 15-30 degrees and it is already hot like hell at night! (when the surrounding temperature cools down, the wall is like a heater radiating heat!).
    My property in savannah is also facing west sun, stack/blk 40 plus...in the end I sold it to an indonesian with a good profit. I don't see west sun is a major problem at all, so are some of the buyers.

wISH TO REITERATE that i'm neutral here, but my take
    is 2-3 years DOWN the road, property prices will be lower
    than what it is now, how much is ANYBODY'S guess...

Quote Originally Posted by ksh
    If in 2-3yrs time properties prices will be lower. Do u reckon that everyone will just offload their properties or hdb. and rent for the time being,to buy back in 2-3yrs time.

So have u offload yours or your parents hdb? getting ready for the bigfall

* or u looking for panicky seller.??
    Last edited by jwong71; 03-03-10 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by ksh
    The most important thing in property is to buy something you can afford so that you can ride out the downs in property prices with a good holding power. You need to take a mid to long term view (5 to 10 years) of your investments in properties. Property prices will eventually increase with inflation and a higher standard of living, although there will be ups and downs in between. People who make losses in properties are those who over commit and without a strong holding power. No doubt there are some who do make a quick gain, but a safe bet is to be able to hold out your property for at least 5 to 10 years. Quick gains are for the stock markets, not property markets.