Thread: Glentrees (D10, 999 yrs, CapitaLand)

Default Glentrees (D10, 999 yrs, CapitaLand)

Glentrees

11A - H, 13 Mount Sinai Lane, Singapore 277050

Size Range (sqft): 1345 - 3670

Total Units: 176

Year Built: 2005

Tenure: 999 yrs

Full Description: Glentrees is located near many premier schools (Henry Park Primary School and NUS High School), tertiary institutions (National University of Singapore, Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic) and local shopping centres (Jelita Cold Storage, Turf City and Holland Village) and is within easy reach of the Buona Vista MRT, Science Park and one-north.

This project should appeal to expatriate and local families that are looking for lots of space and greenery within a condominium project.

Surroundings: Bus Stop , Park/Playground , School , Shopping Complex

Facilities: Covered Carpark , Fitness Center , Gym , Kid Pool , Playground/Park , Security , Spa/Jacuzzi , Swimming Pool

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Glentrees (D10, 999 yrs, CapitaLand)

Good condo to buy. Now price is still cheap. But rare to see owners selling in this place.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Multi-task your homeware

Published March 24, 2007

PERSONAL SPACE

Multi-task your homeware

Sleek space-savers lend a touch of class to an elegant abode, CHEAH UI-HOON finds

MODERN design isn't just about saving space nowadays, but making it go an extra mile. Given that space is of the essence in today's living environment, the ideal apartment is perhaps one designed and filled with furniture that has 'multi-tasking' ability. Which is of course, easier said than done.

Daily dose of style: Despite its designer showflat appearance, functional furniture such as a pedestal that doubles as storage space for a home entertainment system in Jack and Pui Sang Goh's Glentrees apartment gives it a lived-in feel

Thirty-something couple Jack and Pui Sang Goh tasked designer Terri Tan of Designworx, to do just that with their 1,430 sq ft, three-bedroom apartment, and the results were even better than they'd hoped for.

Enter their Glentrees apartment at Mount Sinai area and the first thing to catch your eye is the solid pedestal set near the wall that an abstract sculpture is placed on.

Just as you wonder whether a sidetable would have sufficed instead of the pedestal - even though it's a contemporary design with mirrored sides - Mr Goh swivels it around to show the shelves of equipment for the home theatre system.

It takes a few seconds before you register that there are no wires running from the plinth to the flat screen LCD Loewe TV on the other side of the living room, and that the Bose Lifestyle system music player is housed inside the pedestal too - all the result of painstaking effort in designing and planning the living room layout.

'It was an idea that Terri had come up with,' says Mr Goh, giving credit to the designer.

Planning the interior for the condominium took almost half a year, he says. The Glentrees unit is the first private condominium they own, purchased while the couple were working in Hong Kong.

'We used to have an HDB apartment, which we didn't even get to stay in before we were posted to Hong Kong,' says Mr Goh. The couple lived in Hong Kong for five years, returning only in 2003.

The Glentrees purchase was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment buy, in 2002. They had come home on vacation, saw the showflat, and signed up for a unit on the spot.

'We liked what we saw, and it helped that my alma mater was around the corner,' says the old boy of Henry Park Primary School. After that, it was scouting around for the right designer. 'We had a few requirements - we needed space for Pui Sang's (designer) bags and shoes, and we wanted an interior that was contemporary, simple and functional,' he says.

Mr Goh of course had a valuable collection of his own to reckon with - his extensive DVD collection of movies, and books, mostly on World War II. 'I'm quite a fan of military history,' shares the credit risk manager in Lehman Brothers.

Incidentally, she gets all the concealed cupboard space in the dining/living area; while he gets a study with a floor-to-ceiling inbuilt cabinet.

The layout of the apartment is a nice square - with the living room on the right side of the apartment, as visitors walk in. Beyond the dining area and half-open kitchen on the left, that's where the master bedroom, study and children's room are situated. The architectural award-winning Glentrees being one of the condominium developments built with big balconies in mind, the living room area opens to a wooden-decked balcony, overlooking the lushly landscaped garden.

With just a few specifications in mind, the couple were willing to give the designer free rein to suggest the look and feel. 'We didn't want to make too many suggestions as we didn't want the designer to be constrained, and to work with a clean slate.'

The result is an apartment with an air of understated sophistication, but despite its designer showflat appearance, is very practical and designed for everyday living. Different textures and colours are used to provide visual interest, as in the way the earthy, neutral slate colours of cream to dark brown, with accents of gold and green. 'We were not very comfortable with wallpapering the wall at first, but we're glad we got persuaded to do it in the end, because it does make the apartment cosier,' says Mrs Goh, who works at Credit Suisse.

The couple's appreciation for top-of-the-line furniture and gadgets, especially the German kind, is evident. 'Even our light switches are German!' quips Mr Goh. Besides the TV and the music system, the couple picked a modular sofa from Rolf Benz for its flexible design and also durability.

The Liebherr stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen is also of German make, although in this case, that wasn't the reason why they got it, say the Gohs. They just happened to like the design, and were sold on its features.

Glentrees was the Goh family's weekend home at first - as they were staying at Mr Goh's parents' place for a while, for their two young sons' sake. But they've since moved in, so the children's weekend retreat - with the condominium's well-landscaped grounds, extensive movie collection coupled with a cool home theatre system - is now their permanent abode.

His and hers: He gets a study with a floor-to-ceiling inbuilt cabinet while the lady of the house gets all the hidden cupboard space in the dining/living area

Anyone bros got any info for the launching price for Glenntrees?

Appreciate any useful info..

Thanks

Default Glentrees historical prices

Quote Originally Posted by C.X
    Anyone bros got any info for the launching price for Glenntrees?

Appreciate any useful info..

Thanks
    I have been searching too. Here's link to listings.com.sg which tracks prices from 2002 onwards.

http://www.listings.sg/historical/3357.html

Quote Originally Posted by dragonred
    I have been searching too. Here's link to listings.com.sg which tracks prices from 2002 onwards.

http://www.listings.sg/historical/3357.html
    Thanks For you info bro. Appreciate..

Quote Originally Posted by C.X
    Thanks For you info bro. Appreciate..
    Let me know if you find a good deal. So far, I have seen one 1991 sqft apartment & a villa/townhouse on offer for weeks. No takers for their pricing.

Anyone have 3brm to sell? Have a serious buyer looking for one.
    Any match, pls call 96337533. thanks

Default Wanted: Glentree units for multiple purchase

Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Glentree is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Glentree is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.
    richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement

Has anybody been to that condo, and actually seen either the Townhouses or Garden Terraces ? Any opinion ? thx

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    Has anybody been to that condo, and actually seen either the Townhouses or Garden Terraces ? Any opinion ? thx
    Been to a friend house warming some years back when project just TOP, think it was a 3 bedder duplex, nice environment. Quite popular with expats, high rental yield. friend should have more than double his money by now..., he bought from developer...

friend's unit is similar to this one in property guru:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-glentrees

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

nice project
    one project that i was seriously looking into for own stay

investor friend was telling me that it's only for investing.
    why? project land lower than road level. not advisable for own stay.
    didnt pursue after mention....

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    nice project
    one project that i was seriously looking into for own stay

investor friend was telling me that it's only for investing.
    why? project land lower than road level. not advisable for own stay.
    didnt pursue after mention....
    hmmm...not sure whats the problwm with that, a Feng Shui Thingy or ? Compound seems nice, will have a look next week

hmmm...not sure whats the problwm with that, a Feng Shui Thingy or ? Compound seems nice, will have a look next week
    flooding issues?

but top in 2005, and I could not find any " bad" news, unlike some of the Bukit Timah Condos

The biggest problem I have with Glentrees is that the Master Bedroom is just next to the living/dining rooms.

I often have my own guests to watch soccer or play mahjong/poker etc. My wifey will often just go to the bedroom to sleep/watch her own tv.

But with the bedroom just beside the lounge, she sure will be disturbed.

Doesn't make sense to me!

I love the pool though!

but top in 2005, and I could not find any " bad" news, unlike some of the Bukit Timah Condos
    there is no flooding in this area.

there used to have a big problem of the KTM railway. u heard it every 2 hours. the noise is very noticeable. now the railway is gone.

the only thing u need to take note is, this project is next to a very popular school. every morning the road is jammed. also for units facing the school u can expect some noise during the day.

apart from that, a very nice project indeed.

Thumbs up

Overall I like this project. Visited friend's house warming some years ago when project TOP...., not vested but may take another look when there is a downturn next round...

project is nice...but wifey was quoting that nowadays there are more projects near MRT so this project os disadvantaged regardless of how nice it is

this project dun nid MRT

Another better project near this area is the Marbella. Walking distance to MRT and very nice resort feel.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    this project dun nid MRT
    residents all drives ...but definitely a plus point if nearer to Mrt
    orchard condos are convenient.

with the jam nowadays u r always cursing why the car is front is at snail pace

i just went to see that place. pretty incredible with the way apartments are shrinking nowadays, this is the only place where large size apartments still exists. Are there any other places with townhouses like this and close to Tanglin / Orchard road?

i heard townhouses there going for a rental of 11K....3700 sq ft? isnt that a bargain?