Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Clementiwoods (D5, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by calvenng
    Glad to hear that, so how much is the maintenance per month for 2 n 3 bedroom units?
    Monthly maintenance charges are at the rate of $45 per share value.

Has anyone collected keys already?

Default horrible defect lists

yes with horrible defect lists

Quote Originally Posted by kumkeet
    Has anyone collected keys already?

Quote Originally Posted by spn25
    like how ?

Glad you did not faint or suffer heart attack
    Expect at least 239 (including myself ) out of 240 owners will be thinking of
    committing murder when they see all the shabby finishing in their units
    There are cracks in every parts of every units. Most doors , windows, drawers etc cannot open or close properly
    Check carefully and make sure they rectify within one month or else

Strange. I thought FCH is a quality developer.

Would like to hear more feedback before I avoid developments from this developer.

Glad you did not faint or suffer heart attack
    Expect at least 239 (including myself ) out of 240 owners will be thinking of
    committing murder when they see all the shabby finishing in their units
    There are cracks in every parts of every units. Most doors , windows, drawers etc cannot open or close properly
    Check carefully and make sure they rectify within one month or else

all the owners of CW should consider of taking legal actions against FCH of their poor inspection, irresponsibilities in handling over the defective units to the owners. I cannot imagine this can happen to FCH...

Even HDB can produce a much much better job than them.

I told the FCH developer I refuse to accept my unit, the unit is completely unacceptable.... It is not even qualified to call the project as a condominium...I believe all the inspectors of FCH should have accepted a lot of bribary from the china contractors..otherwise, they are all blind or were drunk when they performed the inspections and hand-over. All these pple should be punished or jailed...For sure, they have received certain amount of money from the contractors in order to sign off the TOP!!!!! I worked in this construction industry b4 and I can ascertain this...This country is not that clean as its claimed...curruptions happened here and there among developers, contractors and sub sub contractors....

The quality of all the in-build cabinets are too poor even the cheapo Ikea cabinets are better then them many many folds.....I'm planning to take legal action an asking for whatsoever compensation from the FCH.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Strange. I thought FCH is a quality developer.

Would like to hear more feedback before I avoid developments from this developer.

all the owners of CW should consider of taking legal actions against FCH of their poor inspection, irresponsibilities in handling over the defective units to the owners. I cannot imagine this can happen to FCH...

I told the FCH developer I refuse to accept my unit, the unit is completely unacceptable.... It is not even qualified to call the project as a condominium...I believe all the inspectors of FCH should have accepted a lot of bribary from the china contractors..otherwise, they are all blind or were drunk when they performed the inspections and hand-over. All these pple should be punished or jailed...For sure, they have received certain amount of money from the contractors in order to sign off the TOP!!!!! I worked in this construction industry b4 and I can ascertain this...This country is not that clean as its claimed...curruptions happened here and there among developers, contractors and sub sub contractors....

The quality of all the in-build cabinets are too poor even the cheapo Ikea cabinets are better then them many many folds.....I'm planning to take legal action an asking for whatsoever compensation from the FCH.
    gd luck.............

1022 psf for clementi woods? It is worth only $550 psf as what the developer think it is worth when they launched.Thats why they hired the cheapest contractor n give the cheapest interior n finishes.You will have the biggest regret in your life.

These are the defects I have spotted :
    1) The flooring throughout the units are not flat . If you pour water you can find those spots which were flooded.
    2) Most windows/doors cannot be close or open properly.The screeching sound for some doors is so loud that those living in Blue Horizon also can hear.
    3) Most toilet bowls has so much shit n urine in it that they almost overflow. Don't forget the color of the water in the ponds.
    4) Power points, TV n Tel points are not fix properly that cracks can be seen all around.
    5) All the things that areto be fix in the bathroom are not done professionally that cracks n stain can be seen at the edge or on the wall.
    6) The floor n wall of the yard is best not to be seen.
    7) Check the ceilings n walls too. They are not flat or in a straightline.
    8) Wrought iron railings of patio n balcony, has so much scratches n poorly done as if they are just taken from those burnt iron junkyards during Moa Tse Tung 's cultural era.This stingy developer can't afford to use glass panel.
    9) Ward robes so poorly fix that they cud collapse if you shout at them.
    The list could go on that I can write a 1000 pg books on all the defects.
    10) The edge of the bay windows/skirtings seem to have waves n not straight. Think they forget to bring a ruler when installing them.

Other factors - The recreational/lap pool is just built for 4 units on the ground floor. Wonder how the rest can use the pools when there is no place for them to put their towels or clothes?
    Hope Spn 's unit's defects are not worse than those above
    Check with your lawyer and see what he say? If your lawyer say can sue and win then let me know. I want to hire him too

Looks like another project which shows how goooooood FCH is.

Legally, they are obliged to make good defects (1 year from TOP).

For quality perspective, I am not sure though.

I read from the below article that the CEO of FCH and another relative of a director of FCH each bought a unit at clementiwoods.

http://lushhomemedia.com/2007/01/20/...ds-condo-unit/

I thought the quality should be gd especially when the CEO bought it, or maybe his unit is with the least defects.....

Btw, for those who went in already, are there any pool side beds around the main pool for tanning and putting towels , I didn't see when I pass by outside...

I 'm just wondering how CW can obtain the TOP?

Anyone here can advice how the developer can issue the TOP without a proper inspection being carried out! I NEED A SATISFACTORY XPLAINATION !!! Dun tell me that there is no double checking by our normally busy-body governement agency?

Is there any government linked organisation that can help safeguard property buyer's right besides the powerless CASE that will always refer whatever cases they cannot handle to small claim tribunals? Sorry for being rude! Just cannot believe this.....

I still think that we all should act together and fight for our right against this developer....pity those who bought their unit at high price...

The balcony tiles and the kitchen tiles are like shits and not even at all....i told the developer to drill and lay new tiles....u think they can do it?

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Legally, they are obliged to make good defects (1 year from TOP).

For quality perspective, I am not sure though.

Anyone here can advice how the developer can issue the TOP without a proper inspection being carried out! I NEED A SATISFACTORY XPLAINATION !!! Dun tell me that there is no double checking by our normally busy-body governement agency?

Is there any government linked organisation that can help safeguard property buyer's right besides the powerless CASE that will always refer whatever cases they cannot handle to small claim tribunals? Sorry for being rude! Just cannot believe this.....

I still think that we all should act together and fight for our right against this developer....pity those who bought their unit at high price...

The balcony tiles and the kitchen tiles are like shits and not even at all....i told the developer to drill and lay new tiles....u think they can do it?

i remember the first time when i collect my keys, i aso complain like hell and my defect list was like 2 full pages...after few more subsequent rounds of key collection...however i dun feel so hard up oredi...sure got defects one...all depends whether the contractors r helpful anot...i ever quarrel wif contractors also...took more den 3mths to finish my defects...

anyway really interesting...oredi TOP? mabe i shd make a trip down to view some actual units and give u guys my unbias update on CW...stay tuned...

I have a unit at Domain 21, when i got the key there was almost with zero defects....but that was 3 years back.....

I noticed all new projects TOP lately are with very bad quality, my friends at ONE NORTH having similar problem.. and the contractor said that they are building the porject based on the government EC standard...

some units at One Jervois are facing pipe choking problem....

Are we supposed to suffer of all these irresponsible F**king developers?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i remember the first time when i collect my keys, i aso complain like hell and my defect list was like 2 full pages...after few more subsequent rounds of key collection...however i dun feel so hard up oredi...sure got defects one...all depends whether the contractors r helpful anot...i ever quarrel wif contractors also...took more den 3mths to finish my defects...

anyway really interesting...oredi TOP? mabe i shd make a trip down to view some actual units and give u guys my unbias update on CW...stay tuned...

OMG... if that is the case, then i think we should really act together...

After looking at your reply, i am more eager to get the keys, really want to see how bad it is

Quote Originally Posted by orangeroad80
    OMG... if that is the case, then i think we should really act together...

After looking at your reply, i am more eager to get the keys, really want to see how bad it is

those defects that you can see ...can be fixed

those that you cant see .. like half choked pipes, toilet bowl etc those really freak me .. cos they can haunt you later ..

so get a pail ..collect water and test all the drainage .. make sure they FLOW towards the outlet and not collect water and dont flow .. then you have gradient problem

after that make sure the water flow out fast .. if they take longer than usual ..you have reason to suspect the pipes are not clear ..

my friend ever encountered .. they pour paint into the pipe ..over time ..dried up and the pipe is already half covered ..

is it bcoz buyers entitled with the 1yr fects warranty and tats y sure got defects? its really time consuming, nid to lias wif the workers...check again...submit 2nd rd of defects and so on.

hmmm, mabe tats y many decide to sell it off b4 TOP and leave the trouble to the next buyer.

the only solution is to pruchase house insurance

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    is it bcoz buyers entitled with the 1yr fects warranty and tats y sure got defects? its really time consuming, nid to lias wif the workers...check again...submit 2nd rd of defects and so on.

hmmm, mabe tats y many decide to sell it off b4 TOP and leave the trouble to the next buyer.

Toilet bowl choke.... do you what.... the workers used our toilet and often don't really flush......

I even saw one of the units (weeks before TOP) window were cracked.......

my unit cabinet warp and cannot be closed......

you see, they were trying to rush and release the project to FCH, but all these wretched job by them were really unacceptable......

BCA usually has a set of standard for contractor... you can take a look...
    http://www.bca.gov.sg/qm/quality.html
    Not too sure if this is revelant......

thanks, great information!

Quote Originally Posted by etbj
    Toilet bowl choke.... do you what.... the workers used our toilet and often don't really flush......

I even saw one of the units (weeks before TOP) window were cracked.......

my unit cabinet warp and cannot be closed......

you see, they were trying to rush and release the project to FCH, but all these wretched job by them were really unacceptable......

BCA usually has a set of standard for contractor... you can take a look...
    http://www.bca.gov.sg/qm/quality.html
    Not too sure if this is revelant......

For the purpose of TOP, it does not really concern about quality and workmanship. TOP is more for safety, structural, mechanical, ACMV services, sewage services etc.

For workmanship, it's strictly a private matter between the owner and the developer.

In reality, it's now between you and the maincons/subcons. You can try hold developer responsible, but .... well you need gd negotiation skills (and some knowledge). For example, anyhow retiling will damage the waterproofing, but you won't know, and it will haunt you much later.

that's why I always say buyers are really at the mercy of the maincon/subcons.

The workmanship looks quite alright from these pictures wat...
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ntiwoods-condo

How come no pictures of the defects?

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    The workmanship looks quite alright from these pictures wat...
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ntiwoods-condo
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

best is to view actual units ourselves rather den speculate

better if sm1 can post some pics of major defects

Actually there is no "perfect" unit one lah. From what I see, some people are more "fussy" than others. I have this girl friend who is like super perfectionist, so her defects list is usually like 5 pages long - If I view the same unit, I may have zero defects list! But I must say the "older" developments are of much better quality - nowadays showflat very nice but actual units usually CMI. My friend came to my development and told me she was so impressed with my solid timber strips flooring - hers which is an upmarket development actually use laminate (laminate = fake stickers to look like wood) that start popping everywhere and toilet bowl actually backflush One Amber also a lot of problems with build quality..... So Clementiwoods is not alone with poor finishings.

Is the monthly maintenance fee for studio unit at $270 per month?

My 2bd is $270 per month, so studio should be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    Is the monthly maintenance fee for studio unit at $270 per month?

the only solution is to pruchase house insurance
    Hmm .. hse insurance is solution?

Anyway, am shocked to read fr this thread tt FCH std like tt one

yesh shld make noise mann ... like tt TOP also can, then bca now still talking abt raising productivity .. chey, wasting time to rectify defects mah .. really no common sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by icer_sun
    My 2bd is $270 per month, so studio should be lower.
    Mine 2BR 1,055 sq ft monthly $360 was told