Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 49141924293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1098

Thread: Clementiwoods (D5, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by kumkeet
    After a long complain email they rt finaLly shaving off the car park ramp hump
    Your complain has fell on deaf ears. They have thicken n make the hump even higher than before TOP

No one from the mgt is able to guide residents on how to use the spa.
    How long should be the hose? Need to add chlorine or not? Can soak when the heater is on?
    Worse , the number they provide for the spa's warranty n servicing belong to no one

Quote Originally Posted by calvenng
    Your complain has fell on deaf ears. They have thicken n make the hump even higher than before TOP

How long should be the hose? Need to add chlorine or not? Can soak when the heater is on?
    Worse , the number they provide for the spa's warranty n servicing belong to no one
    How they shaven and thicken the bump again?

Which units or area has these spa? which brand? any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by calvenng

The hump is better now. The made both sides higher so that the gradient is more gradual. Trust me my car used to scrape on every entry exit. Now it's much better. It's about the gradient.

Saw some units/rooms has quite high ceilings...does all units has high ceilings?
    Can any owners measure the actual floor to ceiling height?

The heavy vehicles delivering white goods(fridge, washing machine, TV etc) and moving furniture have been causing a lot of headaches for the people who have to drive by.

This condo got no downloading bay for heavy vehicles to drive into.

All the unloading done by the road side, and wheeled manually in to the development!

I think it's about 284cm floor to ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    The heavy vehicles delivering white goods(fridge, washing machine, TV etc) and moving furniture have been causing a lot of headaches for the people who have to drive by.

This condo got no downloading bay for heavy vehicles to drive into.

All the unloading done by the road side, and wheeled manually in to the development!
    Yes, agree with sfwoo. Was there yesterday evening to view a few units on sale. If you are coming by NUS side, there are no right turning lane into CW (the next door project VP have got extra lane to turn). I was literally blocking the road for a couple of mins trying to turn right into CW main entrance as there were many oncoming vehs. from the opp. direction. My god, I cannot imgaine the chaotic traffic one would create when majority of the residents move in. Anyway, check with the owners regarding pricing and most of them, especially the 2 bedders are now asking above 1000psf.

Default Gas Water Heater

Anyone has problem with the gas water heater? Mine is either too hot or too cold. In my case, I set the thermostat temperature to 38C. Turn the mixer tap until water of comfortable temperature comes out. Soon it becomes too hot for comfort, turn the mixer slightly towards the cold side and soon only cold water comes out. Can never get the right temperature unlike the electric water tank heater I used to have.

Lodged it as a defect but the contractor who came to check said this is characteristic of gas heater. Nothing can be done.

Is this true? Anyone with similar experience?

How can the contractor say such things when it is obviously not working correctly as you described.
    If is work like you described, you can never use the heater as per its supposed function to give you a comfortable shower...definitely a functional defect that need replacement to electrical one if the gas one is not functionally correct and up to standard quality.

Quote Originally Posted by vipersiao888
    Yes, agree with sfwoo. Was there yesterday evening to view a few units on sale. If you are coming by NUS side, there are no right turning lane into CW (the next door project VP have got extra lane to turn). I was literally blocking the road for a couple of mins trying to turn right into CW main entrance as there were many oncoming vehs. from the opp. direction. My god, I cannot imgaine the chaotic traffic one would create when majority of the residents move in. Anyway, check with the owners regarding pricing and most of them, especially the 2 bedders are now asking above 1000psf.

champion 1000 psf ? for LH ? no right turn project ?

i need no say much ... you know where else you should be looking ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

proud owner, need your enlightenment. Most of the projects around D5 are selling above 1000psf. Even army barracks VP is selling around that kind of psf.

Nowadays where else can you find below 1000 psf?? Even ulu location also calling this kind of price. Can lah if you want cheap in D5 go for Westgrove Condo, guarantee cheap .

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Nowadays where else can you find below 1000 psf?? Even ulu location also calling this kind of price. Can lah if you want cheap in D5 go for Westgrove Condo, guarantee cheap .
    Beware of Westgrove Condo...

This one, the estate manager ran away with ?millions of the sinking funds, until each SP must top up $8000 levy to keep the place running, at one stage, lift spoilt got no money to repair.

Cheap also must consider if it is sold to you with headaches thrown in.

Traffic in front of CW is going to be big headache when all the units are occupied.

... there are no right turning lane into CW (the next door project VP have got extra lane to turn)...
    this should mean LTA didn't approve the extra lane for CW. You are supposed to use the other direction and do left turn. When more ppl move in, and if every one is right turning in front and blocking the road, lots of road users will complain, and TP will come and clear the traffic. It may even construct a divider just in front of CW to make sure ppl cannot turn right there. This happened in other projects before.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    this should mean LTA didn't approve the extra lane for CW. You are supposed to use the other direction and do left turn. When more ppl move in, and if every one is right turning in front and blocking the road, lots of road users will complain, and TP will come and clear the traffic. It may even construct a divider just in front of CW to make sure ppl cannot turn right there. This happened in other projects before.
    amk, probably its an oversight from LTA not to have extra side turning lanes (both sides) for CW (don't understand why neighbouring VP have it on both sides n CW not having it). Also, when you are coming from either NUS or Vivo city and in order not to do any illegal right turn, you will need to go along west coast highway, make a right turn towards clementi woods park, make another right turn to west coast road. Is'nt that too "leychay" for the residents. And worst still, with no extra left turning lanes, at around 6pm when most of the residents coming back from work, my god, I cannot imagine the chaotic situation.

proud owner, need your enlightenment. Most of the projects around D5 are selling above 1000psf. Even army barracks VP is selling around that kind of psf.
    As you already pointed out, there are other projects around D5, so people will compare for the same 1000psf+, which one offer better value...and attracts more buyers willing to transact at the asking price... you see, transactions for CW is few and far between... so there is definitely willing buyers that see value for CW, but there are also more buyers looking elsewhere for more value for the price...subjectively perhaps.
    Last edited by plan; 12-08-10 at 19:27.

Wait until you go further down towards pasir panjang size, Horizon Residence by Far East already transacted at 1500psf, than come and talk lar.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Talk about "leychay", those living in Keng Chin Road, Ewe Boon Road, Robin Road etc also "leychay". If come down from Dunearn Road side, have to drive all the way down to Balmoral Road or when cannot right turn (during peak hours) have to drive all the way to Newton Circus (terrible traffic jam area!) just to make a U-turn back to Bukit Timah Road and to Keng Chin Road!
    If you stay in Keng Chin or Ewe Boon, to drive to Dunearn Road have to make a U-turn from Bukit Timah Road and it take ages to go out of Keng Chin Road because of the very heavy traffic and once turn out have to cut 3 lanes to right-most lane in order to be in time to make the U-turn. Robin Road and above lagi worse, have to drive all the way north to Witley road to make the U-turn back! (another terrible traffic jam junction during peak hours!).

amk, probably its an oversight from LTA not to have extra side turning lanes (both sides) for CW (don't understand why neighbouring VP have it on both sides n CW not having it). Also, when you are coming from either NUS or Vivo city and in order not to do any illegal right turn, you will need to go along west coast highway, make a right turn towards clementi woods park, make another right turn to west coast road. Is'nt that too "leychay" for the residents. And worst still, with no extra left turning lanes, at around 6pm when most of the residents coming back from work, my god, I cannot imagine the chaotic situation.

amk, probably its an oversight from LTA not to have extra side turning lanes (both sides) for CW (don't understand why neighbouring VP have it on both sides n CW not having it).
    u know it is *not* LTA's duty to make a lane for a private condo. The other condo simply has a better lot (i.e. with the lane available). The developer is responsible to work with authority to make road changes (at developer's cost) to make it convenient for its home buyers , not the other way round. After all, the road is there all the time, you cannot say you do not know before buying. This is planning. Of course now you can ask your MP to appeal to LTA to make one for you. I'm not familiar enough with this area, so I dun know if there is a reason. As a matter of fact, location of the main entrance of a project needs approval from LTA.

teddy, u should post big big in the Cyan thread.

are you sure cannot find ?

there are still so many FH condo along PP thats reasonably new and below 1000 psf ...

personally i dun look at nor buy LH condos .. especially in a bull run .. you always buy high ..at times same psf as FH ..

but when mkt turns, or when it gets older..it will fall faster, or increase less and slower ..

CW is not the best condo there anyway .. esp when its LH ..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ok, reposted in Cyan thread.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    u know it is *not* LTA's duty to make a lane for a private condo. The other condo simply has a better lot (i.e. with the lane available). The developer is responsible to work with authority to make road changes (at developer's cost) to make it convenient for its home buyers , not the other way round. After all, the road is there all the time, you cannot say you do not know before buying. This is planning. Of course now you can ask your MP to appeal to LTA to make one for you. I'm not familiar enough with this area, so I dun know if there is a reason. As a matter of fact, location of the main entrance of a project needs approval from LTA.

teddy, u should post big big in the Cyan thread.

No transactions for CW in June,
    only 1 in May.
    In July, there is 3 transactions just published by URA:

90 West Coast Road #03-48
    99 Yrs From 07/02/2006
    $923 psf
    1625 sqft
    $1500k
    16 Jul 10

82 West Coast Road #02-29
    99 Yrs From 07/02/2006
    $972 psf
    1625 sqft
    $1580k
    15 Jul 10

88 West Coast Road #03-37
    99 Yrs From 07/02/2006
    $1000 psf
    1625 sqft
    $1625k
    12 Jul 10

Looking at #03-48 unit vs #03-37, same size, sam level, similar facing...
    In fact #03-37 is less desirable as it is too close to Clementi road (vs west coast road)...
    Wow the buyer pay $125K more for a less desirable unit!!!
    Wow what a difference in 4 days can make... or the buyer did not do his/her own research and depended on the agents...

Don't jump to conclusion! Maybe this buyer is fond of the smell of car exhaust fume, or car noises are lullaby to him. To each his own, as you singaporeans like to say.

Or maybe he is chinese tycoon, and 125k is peanuts for him. You know, the chinese have too much money to spend now. if so, give me some please.

Maybe cos CW only has 240 units compared to VP which has more than 700

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    No transactions for CW in June,
    only 1 in May.
    In July, there is 3 transactions just published by URA:

90 West Coast Road #03-48
    99 Yrs From 07/02/2006
    $923 psf
    1625 sqft
    $1500k
    16 Jul 10

82 West Coast Road #02-29
    99 Yrs From 07/02/2006
    $972 psf
    1625 sqft
    $1580k
    15 Jul 10

88 West Coast Road #03-37
    99 Yrs From 07/02/2006
    $1000 psf
    1625 sqft
    $1625k
    12 Jul 10

Looking at #03-48 unit vs #03-37, same size, sam level, similar facing...
    In fact #03-37 is less desirable as it is too close to Clementi road (vs west coast road)...
    Wow the buyer pay $125K more for a less desirable unit!!!
    Wow what a difference in 4 days can make... or the buyer did not do his/her own research and depended on the agents...
    how come i nvr come across such buyer

are you sure cannot find ?

there are still so many FH condo along PP thats reasonably new and below 1000 psf ...

personally i dun look at nor buy LH condos .. especially in a bull run .. you always buy high ..at times same psf as FH ..

but when mkt turns, or when it gets older..it will fall faster, or increase less and slower ..

CW is not the best condo there anyway .. esp when its LH ..
    Or Really?? Got many in PP less than 1000psf and new, wow I will be interested to know which one, can you name me a few or at least one irregardless of LH or FH???

Quote Originally Posted by kumkeet
    Maybe cos CW only has 240 units compared to VP which has more than 700
    VP has 530 units and not 700 units....

Or Really?? Got many in PP less than 1000psf and new, wow I will be interested to know which one, can you name me a few or at least one irregardless of LH or FH???
    look between clementi road and south buona vista rd

I was there when CW launched. Didn't get a unit that time but instead invested in VP, Stellar, resale at BH, WB and another one near Haw Par villa. I thought CW was too ex when it launched but we all know now that from 600+ psf it has almost doubled since (so now I regret lor). But VP and Stellar were only 500+ when launched. BH and WB were going for a song at 500+ and below. Almost got Treasure Place also (nearly 700psf then). I saw the potential at West Coast at that time although I think the park is one of the worst in Singapore. There are three other beach parks I am keen but I think East Coast and Sentosa are overvalued now. The only undervalued place is Pasir Ris but IMO this place will hit par with current WC prices soon. Why? IMO:

- prices way below the other 3 beach parks (lots of upside more to come)
    - near to MRT
    - close to foreign schools
    - close to so many malls
    - one MRT stop to Tampines regional centre
    - 20 mins MRT to Paya Lebar future business centre
    - 30 mins MRT to CBD
    - true suburbia living

So now I am starting to put 50% of my investment there in what I believe is still undervalued. The other 50%? I think I will bet on a couple in central fringes and maybe 1 expensive one in city area. Still can't decide on the Arte.

Sembawang is another park but this is far north I think so harder to call. haven't really researched this place but if Pasir Ris takes off (like 1000psf average), then I think next up is Sembawang for undervalued investment.

be very careful of where in sembawang. try and rent a air quality tester for a day from one of the sim lim tower places. then go there during the afternoon on a weekday and take readings.