Thread: Can i buy Condo that TOP after my HDB 5 years Minimum Occupation Period

Default Can i buy Condo that TOP after my HDB 5 years Minimum Occupation Period

Hi All,

Any property agent out there that can help? As the title suggest. Can i buy a private Condo that will TOP after my HDB 5 years MOP?

I am paying my HDB using the government loan and the 5 year period is April 2011. Can i buy a Provate Condo that TOP at Dec 2011? Like that Livia?

Pls advise. Thanks a lot

Regards

Not likely, although some forummers claimed to had done so.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

cannot, unless u appeal to HDB and ask for special premission, but very hard becoz i tried three times and also disapprove. u must stay 5 yrs full then u can sign the option of purchase to buy new flat. (5yr count from the day u collected the key from HDB)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm812
    Hi All,

Any property agent out there that can help? As the title suggest. Can i buy a private Condo that will TOP after my HDB 5 years MOP?

I am paying my HDB using the government loan and the 5 year period is April 2011. Can i buy a Provate Condo that TOP at Dec 2011? Like that Livia?

Pls advise. Thanks a lot

Regards
    Just curious, if you have the dough for the condo, why made you decide to purchase the flat from HDB?

can be done - in election year, just appeal

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    can be done - in election year, just appeal
    Unlikely, considering one can flip it for profit anytime while serving the 5 yrs of your hdb.

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    Just curious, if you have the dough for the condo, why made you decide to purchase the flat from HDB?
    hmmm ... isn't tt quite common .. if s'porean then shld exercise this option & use the 'priviledge' while still eligible .. then v soon wages catch up not eligible anymore, u still got your cherries liao mah (don't forget 1 bite only hor)

No. You can only buy after you stay at your HDB for 5 years.

To clear some of your doubts, buy means sign the contract. Doesn't matter whether it is unbuilt, haven't TOP or already TOP.

Stay at HDB means you first step into your new HDB, that is day 1. So if 1/1/2005 you take your HDB keys, you can only buy a private on 1/1/2010. Whether the private is still building or even haven't tear down the old buildings (en bloc), it doesn't matter. You can't even sign to buy.

And if you are caught, good luck. One of the clause is you will have your flat forfeited.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm812
    Hi All,

Pls advise. Thanks a lot

Regards

My advise is no point risking. If you get caught, then you will lose your flat. That is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Not likely, although some forummers claimed to had done so.

don't think bank will loan you