Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: D18 Tampines Condo Plot by The Waterfront (Waterview)

Default D18 Tampines Condo Plot by The Waterfront (Waterview)

Get latest updates on the plot of land surrounding Bedok Reservoir. More updates coming.....

Tampines Condo Residential Hotline: +65-92993342
    Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

Just curious, isn't that area D16?

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Get latest updates on the plot of land surrounding Bedok Reservoir. More updates coming.....

Tampines Condo Residential Hotline: +65-92993342
    Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Just curious, isn't that area D16?
    in the post it says tampines ... so its the tampines side of bedok reservoir ? near tampines safra side ???

that definitely not D16

though i am not sure if its 18

Isn't that side quite packed already with the poly and the tropica? The safra side is not along reservoir so will need bino for view.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in the post it says tampines ... so its the tampines side of bedok reservoir ? near tampines safra side ???

that definitely not D16

though i am not sure if its 18

Isn't that side quite packed already with the poly and the tropica? The safra side is not along reservoir so will need bino for view.
    This should be referring to the plot beside the Tropica. However, that plot is still on the reserve list.

last condo plot around the reservoir after the waterfront collection?

Launching of waterfront GOLD?

Some other agents have started calling for VVIP viewing for GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Launching of waterfront GOLD?

Some other agents have started calling for VVIP viewing for GOLD
    It would probably be as expensive as GOLD too

Now that we know where it will be, will it be too noisy as it is going to be near the airbase?

Now that we know where it will be, will it be too noisy as it is going to be near the airbase?
    Airbase is not that bad as air traffic is infrequent. The problem is that Ave 10 will be the "in" road as it connects to the new Bartley flyover. Cars from Tampines and Pasir Ris will use this road to go Braddell, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio.
    Nevertheless, you will have unblock view to the reservoir and there should not be anything blokcing in the future. The Tropica folks are in for a raw deal.

I assume you do not live in the NE area, especially Seng Kang and Punggol. The airbase traffic is crazy. Worse on Wed when they have night training.

Btw, why do you say Tropica is getting raw deal? From the map, the plot is at the corner of the junction isn't it? In fact, Tropica will be blocked from the noise from ave 10.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Airbase is not that bad as air traffic is infrequent. The problem is that Ave 10 will be the "in" road as it connects to the new Bartley flyover. Cars from Tampines and Pasir Ris will use this road to go Braddell, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio.
    Nevertheless, you will have unblock view to the reservoir and there should not be anything blokcing in the future. The Tropica folks are in for a raw deal.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

I assume you do not live in the NE area, especially Seng Kang and Punggol. The airbase traffic is crazy. Worse on Wed when they have night training.

Btw, why do you say Tropica is getting raw deal? From the map, the plot is at the corner of the junction isn't it? In fact, Tropica will be blocked from the noise from ave 10.
    Is that Paya Lebar airbase or Seletar airbase?
    I thought RSAF have moved out of Seletar years ago.

Hmm...my hideout is in the Punggol heartland. It is quiet at night. However, I am only home at night...so not sure what happens in the day.

Typically, those with clear view will be blocked by the new development. the wider the view, the better the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Is that Paya Lebar airbase or Seletar airbase?
    I thought RSAF have moved out of Seletar years ago.
    Seletar air base.

I'm refering to Paya Lebar Airforce base, which based on the map looks to be quite close to this new development.

Seletar air base.

Lucky you to be home only at night.

Hmm...my hideout is in the Punggol heartland. It is quiet at night. However, I am only home at night...so not sure what happens in the day.

Typically, those with clear view will be blocked by the new development. the wider the view, the better the value.

yup...the paya lebar air base generate quite a fair bit of traffic....did not noticed tat till I was on MC...hahaha....

I'm refering to Paya Lebar Airforce base, which based on the map looks to be quite close to this new development.

Just to share a fact most people do not know. The new F-15SG aircraft will be based in Paya Lebar. It has 2 engines compared to F-16 and hence 2 x louder. There is also no hush house for engine run on the ground.

And the good news?

They will be back in time for NDP10

the new development is between tampines ave 10 and tropica, not between the reservoir and tropica.

if it is launched at 750psf as estimated, then this will push up the prices for the tropica even before the uwc effect.

i am looking at a unit at the new development, last plot with a good reservoir view.

It will not be the last plot lah...... take a look at masterplan 2008, there is one more plot of land at the other side of TP for new condo... much smaller site though....

huh? that part so small and congested still slated for condo? bedok reservoir road will burst.

the plot next to ours is nearer uwc, and i can hop over to use the facilities should i get a unit there.

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    It will not be the last plot lah...... take a look at masterplan 2008, there is one more plot of land at the other side of TP for new condo... much smaller site though....

Default URA launches tender for Tampines site

URA launches tender for Tampines site
    Site located at Tampines Ave 1/Avenue 10
    Feb 03, 2010

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has released a residential site in Tampines Ave 1/ Avenue 10 for sale by tender.
    The site has an area of 3.2 ha and will have a maximum gross floor area of 66,655 sqm. It can yield about 600 housing units. A period of six weeks is allowed for developers to tender. The tender will close on 16 March 2010.
    Mr Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director of CBRE Research commented,” The residential site at Tampines Avenue 1/Avenue 10 is situated immediately next to The Tropica condominium and will enjoy an unblocked view of Bedok Reservoir. Temasek Polytechnic is situated close by. As the site is situated on the northwestern boundary of Tampines Newtown, it is about 5-10 minutes’ drive away from Tampines Central and Tampines MRT station. However, shopping facilities are available at the nearby Tampines Retail Park on Tampines Avenue 10 where Giant, Ikea and Courts are located. Potential upgraders in Tampines and Bedok HDB Estates are likely to be interested in this project.”
    He noted that two new projects in Bedok Reservoir Road, Waterfront Waves and Waterfront Key, are currently being marketed at $700 psf and $760 psf respectively. “In the resale market, units in The Tropica, Aquarius By The Park and Baywater were sold between $640 psf and $670 psf in the fourth quarter of 2009. Based on these comparables, we expect that a new 99-year leasehold project in this location may fetch prices around $720-$730 psf. This will translate to a land price of $215 million - $237 million for the site,” he said.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/125...-Tampines-site

gd news n info but better to invest in double bay residence at simei due to better location, great project....

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Feb 03, 2010

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has released a residential site in Tampines Ave 1/ Avenue 10 for sale by tender.
    The site has an area of 3.2 ha and will have a maximum gross floor area of 66,655 sqm. It can yield about 600 housing units. A period of six weeks is allowed for developers to tender. The tender will close on 16 March 2010.
    Mr Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director of CBRE Research commented,” The residential site at Tampines Avenue 1/Avenue 10 is situated immediately next to The Tropica condominium and will enjoy an unblocked view of Bedok Reservoir. Temasek Polytechnic is situated close by. As the site is situated on the northwestern boundary of Tampines Newtown, it is about 5-10 minutes’ drive away from Tampines Central and Tampines MRT station. However, shopping facilities are available at the nearby Tampines Retail Park on Tampines Avenue 10 where Giant, Ikea and Courts are located. Potential upgraders in Tampines and Bedok HDB Estates are likely to be interested in this project.”
    He noted that two new projects in Bedok Reservoir Road, Waterfront Waves and Waterfront Key, are currently being marketed at $700 psf and $760 psf respectively. “In the resale market, units in The Tropica, Aquarius By The Park and Baywater were sold between $640 psf and $670 psf in the fourth quarter of 2009. Based on these comparables, we expect that a new 99-year leasehold project in this location may fetch prices around $720-$730 psf. This will translate to a land price of $215 million - $237 million for the site,” he said.

730psf i will hoot 1 now.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Feb 03, 2010

I saw 2 excavator in this plot of land. I presumed they are clearing the land for the showflat.
    Seems a bit early, knowing that SimLian will launch their condo in Q1..........

They are also doing some road works there hopefully to ease the traffic during the peak hours.

Yeah, they are indeed clearing the land, there are about 4-5 excavators (based on a count while driving pass).

Quite curious to see what kind of reservoir view this can can get.

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    I saw 2 excavator in this plot of land. I presumed they are clearing the land for the showflat.
    Seems a bit early, knowing that SimLian will launch their condo in Q1..........

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Yeah, they are indeed clearing the land, there are about 4-5 excavators (based on a count while driving pass).

Quite curious to see what kind of reservoir view this can can get.
    I was at the reservoir yesterday. No doubt they clearing the land for the showflat. And the location seems to be strategically situated to capture both the reservoir and quarry view. I think it is situated in the centre of the plot of land. Behind 3rd stack of block 63. Trpoica. Additional equipments are seen in the area.
    If you don't mind the west sun, the sunset over the quarry is really stunning.
    It will be unblocked. Asian may not like the heat but may not be so for caucasians. Maybe the target customer for this project is for the United World college people.

I was at the reservoir yesterday. No doubt they clearing the land for the showflat. And the location seems to be strategically situated to capture both the reservoir and quarry view. I think it is situated in the centre of the plot of land. Behind 3rd stack of block 63. Trpoica. Additional equipments are seen in the area.
    It will be unblocked. Asian may not like the heat but may not be so for caucasians. Maybe the target customer for this project is for the United World college people.
    i use a simple self question answer method when buying properties.

1. who will likely buy from me
    2. who will likely rent from me
    3, if suei suei no one wants to buy or rent from me.. WILL I WANT TO STAY THERE MYSELF ..

to me most important is 3.

if i dont want west sun ... i wont expect heat hungry ang mohs to 'dun mind west sun' ..

cos it is risky to assume they dont mind HEAT + HUMIDITY

will it be sandy/dusty to face quarry?