Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: D18 Tampines Condo Plot by The Waterfront (Waterview)

Hi DenL, thanks! Since it's mass market project, I wonder why there is no price list?

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    Hi DenL, thanks! Since it's mass market project, I wonder why there is no price list?
    Not sure too but you can always get the agents to check on the pricing while you are there..

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    This project is not officially launched yet

Is the preview still on?

yes, but all the units in my shortlist were gone gone gone.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Is the preview still on?

hi, any update on the takeup? how many units sold? all within yesterday??? so good deal? aiya, missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by fairlady04
    hi, any update on the takeup? how many units sold? all within yesterday??? so good deal? aiya, missed it...
    By yesterday 3pm, all the good facing units has already been snapped up. I was told these buyers throw in their cheques on Tuesday without viewing the units.

The interesting thing about the sale here is that the agents are also not sure (they do not have the exact psf price on hand). They need to go and consult a central marketing team at the showroom. Very troublesome for the agents as they need to walk up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Denlim
    Not sure too but you can always get the agents to check on the pricing while you are there..

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    The interesting thing about the sale here is that the agents are also not sure (they do not have the exact psf price on hand). They need to go and consult a central marketing team at the showroom. Very troublesome for the agents as they need to walk up and down.
    yes, that was quite a hassle. but do you think it's worth buying? the psf is $850 upwards and the most realistic benchmark i can use for that location is the Tropica which has been hovering around 700-750 and the potential for cap appreciation seems quite low for this area. will it break through $1000 psf over 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    yes, that was quite a hassle. but do you think it's worth buying? the psf is $850 upwards and the most realistic benchmark i can use for that location is the Tropica which has been hovering around 700-750 and the potential for cap appreciation seems quite low for this area. will it break through $1000 psf over 3 years?
    My general feel is that this project is good for family stay but for investments, I am not too sure.. It has a nice view of both the reservoir or the quarry and though transportation network may not be too ideal if you are without a car, there is always the condo shuttle to ferry you to the nearest MRT station....

i was just thinking about waterview vs vacanza - where my money will be better spent. any thoughts anyone? from my perspective, these are 2 quite comparable based on the objectives i have set. but downside is both are not exactly near MRT station and might be difficult to rent or sell in the future. and given the mass market positioning of both developments, accessibility to transport is quite important imo.

i was just thinking about waterview vs vacanza - where my money will be better spent. any thoughts anyone? from my perspective, these are 2 quite comparable based on the objectives i have set. but downside is both are not exactly near MRT station and might be difficult to rent or sell in the future. and given the mass market positioning of both developments, accessibility to transport is quite important imo.
    Emma, comparing the 2, my thoughts are that the smaller units (2 or 2+1) units at waterview will make better investments for the sole reason of the view of the reservoir & quarry as its unique features.

Base on this, for purely investment reasons, I would go for stacks 26 & 25 of at 7flr and above for reservoir view and stacks 23,24,31 and 32 at 5flr and above for quarry view as 2nd choice (becos of the traffic noise).

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    Emma, comparing the 2, my thoughts are that the smaller units (2 or 2+1) units at waterview will make better investments for the sole reason of the view of the reservoir & quarry as its unique features.

Base on this, for purely investment reasons, I would go for stacks 26 & 25 of at 7flr and above for reservoir view and stacks 23,24,31 and 32 at 5flr and above for quarry view as 2nd choice (becos of the traffic noise).

Just my thoughts.
    Thanks Acidic Straw!
    but my concern for the 2 bedders or 2+1 is the open concept of kitchen and living area. i am quite old schooled and traditional in terms of layout preferences. if the areas are not partitioned, won't the smoke and grease from the kitchen circulate freely into the dining and living areas? and the apartment will be quite greasy over time! ok i feel so embarrassed putting this down as all of you must feel i am quite auntie-ish!

Thanks Acidic Straw!
    but my concern for the 2 bedders or 2+1 is the open concept of kitchen and living area. i am quite old schooled and traditional in terms of layout preferences. if the areas are not partitioned, won't the smoke and grease from the kitchen circulate freely into the dining and living areas? and the apartment will be quite greasy over time! ok i feel so embarrassed putting this down as all of you must feel i am quite auntie-ish!
    On the contrary, I quite agree with you on the greasy stuff. But fortunately, there are many tenants who don't really mind especially for those that don't cook. For singles or couples who are professionals, eating out is the norm rather than cooking in.

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw

Just my thoughts.
    Acidic straw, what about the pool view? Actually my first preference is the pool view as i feel it's quiter. are pool views less in demand in the eyes of potential buyers compared to reservoir or quarry views?

I think unblocked reservoir view is likely to be preferred by buyers than pool view. Even better with both unblocked reservoir and pool view!

Do note that Vacanza is about 600m walk from the upcoming bedok reservoir mrt station. You have to walk past the amd factory and cross the overhead bridge of pie.

Reservoir view is limited to those condos near reservoir, whereas pool view is more common, thus the premium for reservoir view.

Acidic straw, what about the pool view? Actually my first preference is the pool view as i feel it's quiter. are pool views less in demand in the eyes of potential buyers compared to reservoir or quarry views?

komo and 2824 are right...reservoir view is unique and can command a premium. btw, why do you find pool view quieter? I thought it's noisier especially if it's beside the kiddy pool.

like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I think unblocked reservoir view is likely to be preferred by buyers than pool view. Even better with both unblocked reservoir and pool view!

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    like this?

This will be the view for stack 37,40,43 and 42 and they are all 3 Bdr and 3 Bdr+ study... Low floor units for the 3 bdr should be in the region of $870+ psf during the preview.. but no idea if they increase price today.

Reported in Business Times today, "SIM Lian Group is understood to have sold about 200 units at its Waterview condo at Bedok Reservoir since it began previewing the project on Tuesday this week."

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    thank you thank you, the #09 i eyeing so long already.

good thing is there is MBR no window facing west, so i don't worry abt fengshui liao

sorry can't grab #12-12 for you, too late
    wow, that's really fast! 又快又准! #9 is a top choice stack. Congrats congrats!!! Are you going to keep your current 4-br for rent to sell by the time of TOP?

Got the 8th floor pool facing :-) at slightly over 1 mil. :-(

congrats! welcome to the neighbourhood!

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    Got the 8th floor pool facing :-) at slightly over 1 mil. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    congrats! welcome to the neighbourhood!
    Am glad to be there....

Seems like prices going to increase, just got a notification. great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    wow, that's really fast! 又快又准! #9 is a top choice stack. Congrats congrats!!! Are you going to keep your current 4-br for rent to sell by the time of TOP?
    I mean to rent or to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    Seems like prices going to increase, just got a notification. great stuff!
    looks like it is selling like hot cakes... I think your price is very good for a new project. Enjoy!

which floor are these pictures taken from?

Quote Originally Posted by Denlim
    This will be the view for stack 37,40,43 and 42 and they are all 3 Bdr and 3 Bdr+ study... Low floor units for the 3 bdr should be in the region of $870+ psf during the preview.. but no idea if they increase price today.