Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: D18 Tampines Condo Plot by The Waterfront (Waterview)

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    The agent is damn weak...

Some of us here can do a better job as an agent...

thats because we research, chat and read as we are buying and thats where knowledge builds up.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    did u request for a FOC built in oven from sim lian? its a sure get
    really? how to? i rush to overseas after secured one unit. didn't have time to check all the details... how to request for FOC built in oven??

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    really? how to? i rush to overseas after secured one unit. didn't have time to check all the details... how to request for FOC built in oven??
    Is it true that we can get a built in oven FOC? What I know is that we can get Sim Lian to leave a space for the oven while constructing the kitchen cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by Denlim
    Is it true that we can get a built in oven FOC? What I know is that we can get Sim Lian to leave a space for the oven while constructing the kitchen cabinets.
    my agent just called me that - no FOC, only can leave a space for oven.

Aiyoh, why like that? they said the WV selling point is water view + good price, but $900+psf not cheap leh, still no FOC oven.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Hi not sure if anyone asked already - but is the quarry permanent? Or it may be filled up in future?
    Master Plan 2008

Boost to East Region as international gateway
    24. New Tampines Quarry Park

1. Residents can visit the new beautiful waterfront Tampines Quarry Park which will be developed around the Tampines quarry.
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-19.html

my agent just called me that - no FOC, only can leave a space for oven.

Aiyoh, why like that? they said the WV selling point is water view + good price, but $900+psf not cheap leh, still no FOC oven.
    err...how come the orange tee agt who serves me at the showflat told me tat can get a FOC oven???

err...how come the orange tee agt who serves me at the showflat told me tat can get a FOC oven???
    again, a lot of agents any how say one...

again, a lot of agents any how say one...

by the way, are you sourcing some home loan? which bank rate offer better? so far I have ranked as Maybank and OCBC, any advice?
    for BUC project, i tink HSBC offers best sibor rates now...completed projects, can try maybank 5yr fixed for long term

Dear all neighbours and experts, are you sourcing some home loan? which bank rate offer better? so far I have ranked as Maybank and OCBC, any advice? mind to share?

for BUC project, i tink HSBC offers best sibor rates now...completed projects, can try maybank 5yr fixed for long term
    Maybank 3M SIBOR + 0.50% p.a yr 1, + 1.00% yr2, + 1.25% yr3
    HSBC: +0.65% for all the 3 years

Anyone has the floor plans?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Anyone has the floor plans?
    check out this link:

http://www.waterview.com.sg/floor-plan.html

If you are looking at fixed rates for long tenures...only Maybank and DBS makes the cut...

Dear all neighbours and experts, are you sourcing some home loan? which bank rate offer better? so far I have ranked as Maybank and OCBC, any advice? mind to share?

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    If you are looking at fixed rates for long tenures...only Maybank and DBS makes the cut...
    actually am trying to figure out since the flexible rates now are so low, why do we want to choose fixed rates? which is at 1.99% now?

Where are we looking at then we want to choose fixed rate beside being able to anticipate the lona amt monthly?

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    actually am trying to figure out since the flexible rates now are so low, why do we want to choose fixed rates? which is at 1.99% now?

Where are we looking at then we want to choose fixed rate beside being able to anticipate the lona amt monthly?
    tats what i am confusing now. last year I took up a fixed rate for my current place, much higher interest rate now. so now i wanna to take floating rate.

Since US Gov is printing more and more money, if bank increase interest rate, much more hot hot money will come to SG, so I guess the low interest rate will still last at least 2-3 years??? just nice by waterview TOP?

Maybank 3M SIBOR + 0.50% p.a yr 1, + 1.00% yr2, + 1.25% yr3
    HSBC: +0.65% for all the 3 years
    DBS: SIBOR+0.65% for 1st 3 years and +0.75% threafter... There is a chance for all to change the loan scheme within 6 mths after TOP and guess have to relook at the rates between fixed and floating...

Quote Originally Posted by Denlim
    DBS: SIBOR+0.65% for 1st 3 years and +0.75% threafter... There is a chance for all to change the loan scheme within 6 mths after TOP and guess have to relook at the rates between fixed and floating...
    Go for 3 yr fixed or 5 yr fixed. Hot Money will push up rates to contain the inflationary pressures. Unless we kanna a double dip recession, things are looking positive from now on and growth to be 4 to 6% next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Go for 3 yr fixed or 5 yr fixed. Hot Money will push up rates to contain the inflationary pressures. Unless we kanna a double dip recession, things are looking positive from now on and growth to be 4 to 6% next year.
    banker said if interest rate increase, more hot money will come, so they have to hold the interest rate.

Singapore does not use interest rate as a key instrument to manage inflation, unlike the US.
    Management of $SGD banded movement against world major currencies is used as key instrument to contain inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Singapore does not use interest rate as a key instrument to manage inflation, unlike the US.
    Management of $SGD banded movement against world major currencies is used as key instrument to contain inflation.
    ok, excuse my ignorance I fear interest rate hikes in home loans which are at record low..if not lowest.

ok, excuse my ignorance I fear interest rate hikes in home loans which are at record low..if not lowest.
    the question is when.....end of last yr i tot end of 2010 which is NOW tat the int rate will start to rise.....i am sure majority r wrong like me

That is because you are looking at the rates now...

It is a bet against the movement of rates in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin

Singapore does not use interest rate NOW as a KEY instrument to manage inflation, unlike the US.

If it is used as a supplemental instrument...also die...

Quote Originally Posted by akow

Default SIBOR or SOR?

Is it true that SOR will be getting lower than SIBOR in the coming few years due to US currency policy?

OCBC offer 0.75+SOR, while DBS & HSBC offer 0.65+SIBOR, which one is better?

The gap between SOR and SIBOR has narrowed in the last couple of days. It is SOR that moves up as 1$US = SGD1.32.

as unemployment rate is high in the US ... i don't think interest rate will go up until they bring down unemployment ... futhermore , they are more worried that the economy will go into deflation rather than inflation

Quote Originally Posted by rainy
    as unemployment rate is high in the US ... i don't think interest rate will go up until they bring down unemployment ... futhermore , they are more worried that the economy will go into deflation rather than inflation
    so does it imply that SOR is lower than SIBOR? we should go OCBC?

by the way, all BUC project no fixed rate offered, i guess bank predict SIBOR will go up soon???

"all BUC project no fixed rate offered"...this is generally true...but there are exceptions

so does it imply that SOR is lower than SIBOR? we should go OCBC?

by the way, all BUC project no fixed rate offered, i guess bank predict SIBOR will go up soon???

For refinancing case, beside DBS, any bank else is willing to sub the penalty?

Default SIBOR OR SOR

• Sibor is influenced by the supply and demand for funds in the Singapore interbank market, whereas SOR is more exposed to factors external to Singapore such as USD interest and exchange rates.
    • SOR is more volatile because exchange rates as well as USD money market rates tend to fluctuate more
    SIBOR is most likely to be more stable as compared to SOR as the latter is influenced by a Forex component, which in the last few years, have been badly affected due to the erratic world economy and international exchange market.

Although SOR rates have been relatively lower than SIBOR rates for the past couple of months this year (August – October 2009), SOR has gone through rapid movements and at times, has a much higher rate than SIBOR. This makes SIBOR more “stable” for those who are aware of the unpredictable economic changes and on par with market conditions.

The current world economic environment has impacted our local economy and growth forecast, so to decide on what interest rates you would be comfortable with depends on your knowledge on the property market and economy.

The decision boils down to your appetite and view on the market in the future.

If you are investing on a property and know your budget well, it would not be risky to take up a loan that is pegged to SOR, as long as you are not locked in for too long.

On the other hand, if you are buying a property for occupation, in a long term, picking a loan with fixed rates or maybe SIBOR-pegged rates would be a better choice for you.

TIPS: Always choose a bank or financial institution that is transparent with their interest rates before you decide on anything