Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2631364146515253545556575859606166717681 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2557

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    you could argue the same with Ferrari too. When its raining, they are extremely dangerous to drive. speed kills
    Just sharing some real life happenings. This is a real issue which BCA addressed in view of public safety.

In a way your example is quiet appropriate , beautiful n nice, yet have a hidden danger if driver is not up to it.

the Ferrari example is not appropriate. everything including a kitchen knife is dangerous in the hands of an irresponsible person. doesn't mean kitchen knife should be banned. This tempered glass most of the times shatters ON ITS OWN. Its not as if somebody purposely hit it to shatter it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Just sharing some real life happenings. This is a real issue which BCA addressed in view of public safety.

In a way your example is quiet appropriate , beautiful n nice, yet have a hidden danger if driver is not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    the Ferrari example is not appropriate. everything including a kitchen knife is dangerous in the hands of an irresponsible person. doesn't mean kitchen knife should be banned. This tempered glass most of the times shatters ON ITS OWN. Its not as if somebody purposely hit it to shatter it.
    like in anything quality of material does play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    its pretty complicated. the 1485 sq ft unit is a 3 bedder, but i think the 3+study which bro daytona refers to is 1399 sq ft only.

becoz of the curves and depending on the block, some 3 bedders can be really big and still does not have a study. alternatively, some 3+study can be smaller than 3 bedders. there are many stacks which start off as 3 bedders on low floors and size gradually increases as it goes higher and becomes 3+study then starts to shrink again and becomes 3 bedders as it goes higher above 20+.

its complicated.
    ok. that sounds pretty complicated. hear already also blur.

Saw the ad today in ST. 10 reasons why you should buy D Leedon.

They are marketing this like a mass-market condo.
    I am rich in debts...

With e discount it looks like a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    With e discount it looks like a good buy.
    The issue I have with this project is that the layout are not very efficient, so you cant be sure how you pay actually goes into usable space.

And with this odd shape layout, will you have difficulties finding tenants?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    The issue I have with this project is that the layout are not very efficient, so you cant be sure how you pay actually goes into usable space.

And with this odd shape layout, will you have difficulties finding tenants?
    Location and facilities are better than many new 99LH condos that will be launching at high psf.

the slanting rooms necessitates the need for customised furniture.

not eveything beautiful is safe , beautiful tempered condo glass panels could shattered when it hit hard by something. Imagine a toddler runs fast and hits it, dreadful to think what could happen.

not eveything beautiful is safe , beautiful tempered condo glass panels could shattered when it hit hard by something. Imagine a toddler runs fast and hits it, dreadful to think what could happen.

Yeah but at least tempered. Non tampered will be worst.

Tempered glass is one of the worst because it tends to shatter with minimal impact and provides little security. Laminted glass is way superior but developers want to save $ and used tempered glass in new condos. I think many developers have managed to trick naive buyers that tempered glass is superior which is NOT. Laminated glass is way more expensive than tempered glass, but the new condos no longer uses that to save construction cost. Sometimes I look at some of the new condos whereby the entire condo is tempered glass and I worry for the safety.

Laminated glass is like 4x more expensive than tempered glass. Its like your car windscreen is made of laminated glass while your car window is made of tempered glass. Your windscreen is more expensive. You don't hear the older condos glass window suddenly shatter but the new ones happen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Yeah but at least tempered. Non tampered will be worst.

any further price updates on this development? Looks attractively priced (at least on paper to me).

may i know any resason for buying in this development? Is it because it is near to nanyang primary school? The layout looks weird and exp for 99LH.

heard sales has crawled past the 1000 unit mark. just around 700 units more to go.

the larger quantum aside, at 12xxpsf, i guess buyers would find the psf attractive relative to prime and outside prime projects.

Cool

heard sales has crawled past the 1000 unit mark. just around 700 units more to go.

the larger quantum aside, at 12xxpsf, i guess buyers would find the psf attractive relative to prime and outside prime projects.
    at this price , buyer finds value bah.
    near MRT, schools, and D10
    personally I will buy if I'm 1st timer
    and at 15% discount

i wont even take a look at it. odd shape floor plan. think if i stay inside, i will get headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    i wont even take a look at it. odd shape floor plan. think if i stay inside, i will get headache.

i was there.. not so bad. only bad thing I didnt like is the corridor some units very wide n tapered. would prefer a more space efficeint layout. but at the price pt 1290psf and D10 own stay is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    i was there.. not so bad. only bad thing I didnt like is the corridor some units very wide n tapered. would prefer a more space efficeint layout. but at the price pt 1290psf and D10 own stay is ok.
    well, i can get a FH 2 bedder River valley at 1.6mio. anyway, No money to buy

pple arguing against that would say 2 bedder FH at RV is sitting on small land size. d'leedon is THE place with 800+k sq ft of land out of which 600+k is space to run about. (correct me if i got the numbers wrong, d'leedon experts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    well, i can get a FH 2 bedder River valley at 1.6mio. anyway, No money to buy

Actually do you think this site will ever have the potential to get enbloc again? With 1700 units at assuming 2.0m average per unit, it will cost the developer around 3.4b to take over this site.

Maybe need 2 developers to join force? So big, need to cycle out to take bus?

pple arguing against that would say 2 bedder FH at RV is sitting on small land size. d'leedon is THE place with 800+k sq ft of land out of which 600+k is space to run about. (correct me if i got the numbers wrong, d'leedon experts.)
    Hmm pretty sure an Aspen Heights 2 bedder can still be gotten at 1.6-1.7 mil. That place sits on a nice big hilltop.

its not really 12xx psf ... i called a few agents and the general psf is 14xx thereabouts psf instead ... 12xx might only be the mega units costing an overall quantum of 2 m ... make me happy only

the argument is that aspen heights is lower rise. thus the units need to be built on more land and there is lesser room for communal areas. d'leedon on the other hand can build up to 36 storeys, hence releasing more land for communal areas.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Hmm pretty sure an Aspen Heights 2 bedder can still be gotten at 1.6-1.7 mil. That place sits on a nice big hilltop.

12xx existed between 19th jan and last weekend. sold more than 100 units between then and now. so 12xxpsf all if not mostly sold liao. but even at 12xxpsf, its likely to be for bigger 3 bedders of more than 1.8m in quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    its not really 12xx psf ... i called a few agents and the general psf is 14xx thereabouts psf instead ... 12xx might only be the mega units costing an overall quantum of 2 m ... make me happy only

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    For a long time, I was itching to buy Aspen. But came along all the cooling measures. Sigh... Time to diversify into other investment tools or even overseas properties.

Actually D Leedon is quite a nice devt. But too bad it is surrounded by freehold plots. Otherwise would have grabbed one a long time ago. Somehow I have some difficulty in buying non freehold/999yr properties for investment, unless they are for self stay. But then again, this is very personal. Afterall, Singapore's land stock is a finite number but demand on its land is perpetually escalating.

sis, long time no see. if u had grabbed a d'leedon unit a long time ago, u would have overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    For a long time, I was itching to buy Aspen. But came along all the cooling measures. Sigh... Time to diversify into other investment tools or even overseas properties.

Actually D Leedon is quite a nice devt. But too bad it is surrounded by freehold plots. Otherwise would have grabbed one a long time ago. Somehow I have some difficulty in buying non freehold/999yr properties for investment, unless they are for self stay. But then again, this is very personal. Afterall, Singapore's land stock is a finite number but demand on its land is perpetually escalating.

sis, long time no see. if u had grabbed a d'leedon unit a long time ago, u would have overpaid.
    Haha yeah. But 99year leasehold is a sticking point, not to say the irregular layout which makes space planning inefficient. At this price, I'd have taken 21ShelfordRoad. Within 1km to BOTH RGPS and Nanyang. I hedge my bets both sides when it comes to rental demand from parents.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Haha yeah. But 99year leasehold is a sticking point, not to say the irregular layout which makes space planning inefficient. At this price, I'd have taken 21ShelfordRoad. Within 1km to BOTH RGPS and Nanyang. I hedge my bets both sides when it comes to rental demand from parents.
    did u buy? cm7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 is coming our way! Slowly release