Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NV residences

wah so optimistic....whichever the case already play down by press....
    good thing headline wasnt " less than 20% sold on a backdrop of heavy downpour"

come think of it since got flood at orchard and shenton.....the East is a prime haven. Got biz hub, air hub, tech hub n every other hubhub hahaha

if can sell 300 by weekn is already a big achievement...good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    hard to say, as more pple read that the buyers heck care measures, they also join in the fun, maybe by weekend already sold more than 400 (2/3)..that would still be considered hot!

Sometimes the ST reporter exaggerate and fan the fire. At first not hot one- just lukewarm only, then suddenly appear in papers with words like "snap up" and "sell like hot cakes" here and there and Singaporeans all kiasu really go and snap up everything.

I jump you jump mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    hard to say, as more pple read that the buyers heck care measures, they also join in the fun, maybe by weekend already sold more than 400 (2/3)..that would still be considered hot!

press must play down, else, govt humtum them for "exaggerating"...imagine if they write "NOT MUCH IMPACT": sales crossed 200 units mark as showflat remained crowded and agents were still working overtime at 8.30pm. that was the reality last nite but why din they write so (contrast with "showflat remained opened till 1am" for the Greenwich report)?

whether can sell 300 or not depends on how many genuine buyers there are for the 3 bedrooms i guess since its still hot hot 2 bedrooms which are quickly flying off the shelves......

Quote Originally Posted by sgpprop
    wah so optimistic....whichever the case already play down by press....
    good thing headline wasnt " less than 20% sold on a backdrop of heavy downpour"

come think of it since got flood at orchard and shenton.....the East is a prime haven. Got biz hub, air hub, tech hub n every other hubhub hahaha

if can sell 300 by weekn is already a big achievement...good luck

yup, that was the case for Greenwich. now with measures they play down. next week if really cross 400 they fan the fire again. hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sometimes the ST reporter exaggerate and fan the fire. At first not hot one- just lukewarm only, then suddenly appear in papers with words like "snap up" and "sell like hot cakes" here and there and Singaporeans all kiasu really go and snap up everything.

I jump you jump mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Care to share other undervalued places? Woodlands? Potong Pasir? St Michael?
    Potong Pasir is on my card as undervalued and good potential. Woodsville and leicester area good potential. Near to town. Check out also the big plot opp. Woodleigh MRT - if big condo, will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Potong Pasir is on my card as undervalued and good potential. Woodsville and leicester area good potential. Near to town. Check out also the big plot opp. Woodleigh MRT - if big condo, will be hot.
    D5/D23 is (WAS) a good bet also. But developers are pricing new launches higher and higher.

Anyway it all depends on how you define as undervalued and good potential

Undervalue = less than $700 psf now, if u can find

Potential = got chance of new MRT line, shopping mall or mega schools beside it.

Good luck hunting.

I think there is no such thing as "undervalue" now. Everything is now blown up so much it is almost impossible to tell what is value, undervalued or overvalued. Just visited the show flat during lunch and boy, was it crowded!!

Price indicated for a 3-room 1,184 sqft unit was around 840 psf and I heard they are selling out fast. I guess the govt's move is really not affecting these buyers.

Does the criterion of undervalue apply to old developments as well? Can still find older developments priced at 700 psf and below, freehold?

wah, maybe my anyhow humtum 400 units by weekend is a possibility afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    I think there is no such thing as "undervalue" now. Everything is now blown up so much it is almost impossible to tell what is value, undervalued or overvalued. Just visited the show flat during lunch and boy, was it crowded!!

Price indicated for a 3-room 1,184 sqft unit was around 840 psf and I heard they are selling out fast. I guess the govt's move is really not affecting these buyers.

how to tame the liquidity monster....

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Does the criterion of undervalue apply to old developments as well? Can still find older developments priced at 700 psf and below, freehold?
    plenty, do your own research. but Beware, size is big and quantum is high.

Big ship

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    plenty, do your own research. but Beware, size is big and quantum is high.

Big ship
    wat u mean by plenty.....walk up apt? geylang?

200 units of pasir ris at 840psf average, singaporeans are pretty cash rich...

nah. the root to the prob is that the cov porption of public housing went out of control. imagine some people paying 50k cov for a more than 15yr old public housing and ontop of that got to sink in a further 50k for massive reno due to the age of asset. in total goto come up with 100k hard cash..wah
    so 2 beder at slightly above 800k quntum still sound passsable
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    200 units of pasir ris at 840psf average, singaporeans are pretty cash rich...

nah. the root to the prob is that the cov porption of public housing went out of control. imagine some people paying 50k cov for a more than 15yr old public housing and ontop of that got to sink in a further 50k for massive reno due to the age of asset. in total goto come up with 100k hard cash..wah
    so 2 beder at slightly above 800k quntum still sound passsable
    pay 50k cov for more den 15yo HDB to be a lessee....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Leasee? In other words not much different from being a "tenant" for 84 years more?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    pay 50k cov for more den 15yo HDB to be a lessee....

Only way to tame the property bubble is to use the age old tool...increase interest rates! It always works...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how to tame the liquidity monster....

better idea tax on cov n use tax to built free public carpark
    Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Only way to tame the property bubble is to use the age old tool...increase interest rates! It always works...

japan that was down under took more than 10years at ZERO rate likewise UperSerangonAve may b in the same thingyyy...
    better idea tax on cov n use tax to built free public carpark

japan that was down under took more than 10years at ZERO rate likewise UperSerangonAve may b in the same thingyyy...
    y u ???

Have a feeling, sales is gradually slowing down,todays' paper - Oasis@elias stated starbuy - just be patient. u will be receiving more & more sms
    Get ready your$. Let all the heros who think undervalue & got no patience buy first

Well, it is not so easy to raise interest rate. There are many things that will be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Well, it is not so easy to raise interest rate. There are many things that will be affected.
    if singapore raises interest rates ahead of the US, we'd be looking at exchange rate of 1.20 against the USA dollar. and that could further stimulate asset price inflation. it could backfire if applied inappropriately. so inevitably, we'll have to take our queue from the US.

I have got smses from agents regarding oasis elias. Quite cheap. 1400++ sft at less than 1 mil

Quote Originally Posted by ocoloco79
    I have got smses from agents regarding oasis elias. Quite cheap. 1400++ sft at less than 1 mil
    non PES/roof terrace units ard 750-800psf

tat time agts sms me special discount for siglap V....gimmick one....same price

I think OE under pressure liao, already showroom like ghost down,
    with NV which might end up the same fate if not sold out within couple of months, another plot nearby up for tender beside elias and another ec plot near livia up for tender in couple of months, oh seems like govt really want to freeze mkt not cool? Seller better sell fast

I remembered last year when they launched, the larger 4 bedders were around low 900k only. I doubt price would fall back to that level of 650-750psf, even for starbuys.
    Last edited by azeoprop; 10-09-10 at 14:29.

Use New EC as benchmark. EC Prices should be at least $600 psf? Go check. The asking seems pretty fair. Less than a Million, 4 Bedders and with so much more in facilities. Can rent out 2 rooms if desparate for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    The alternative is to add a surcharge of 3-5% on top of housing loan interest % charge by bank. The extra 3-5% collected by the banks of course goes towards nation building and education for future generations . Other business activities/investment will not be affected.