Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: NV residences

Quote Originally Posted by dgeralds
    Im a first timer in condo hunt. It seemed ridiculous to me to pay to view! When i asked the reason they mentioned it was to filter genuine buyers and crowd control! Is this a norm in good times and they are also trying it now?
    if i were you ..

i will ask when is the preview ...

and on preview day .. drive there to view ..

if theres crowd .. ok lor .. L L come another day ..or go other project lor ..

if no crowd, i will ask ..: Do you want to give me 5 pct disc if i view ?
    since there is no crowd at all ..

WTF crowd control ?

Should there be a crowd, then obviously all the new measures failed big-time!
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    let's all don't buy. see what developer will do.
    What happened? The whole development may be occupied by agents I guess. I can tell you we are not the VVIP to view first. We are in fact the VVSP. Guess what is S? Sometime is good to be agent, part-time maybe..during boom time.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    if there is a crowd

then look somewhere else lor ...

i dont believe there is only 1 project worth buying ..at any one time

hhmm i am indeed a contrarian

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Most important thing is to know who form this crowd?

I hope our measures are not anyhow humptumb one.

fyi: dorsett residences which has MRT just a lift away and 'service' just a doorstep away was fully sold

u tell me how to tame the liquidity monster???

looks like the other part of the world is gg to print more $$$ again......stay tune

I think anything priced below $1.2 million will do ok. Anything above $1.5 millon will no longer be an attractive investment due to unattractive risk/return trade off. For a $1.5 million property, your upfront capital at risk will increase to $450k. A rational investor will have better things to do with $450k then invest in SG property with low yields and "normal" capital gains (with govt intervention to cap whatever supernormal returns). I note some people will say there are "irrational" investors out there, but when a large portion of the rational investors move out of that market segment, the demand and prices will be negatively impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    fyi: dorsett residences which has MRT just a lift away and 'service' just a doorstep away was fully sold

u tell me how to tame the liquidity monster???

looks like the other part of the world is gg to print more $$$ again......stay tune

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think anything priced below $1.2 million will do ok. Anything above $1.5 millon will no longer be an attractive investment due to unattractive risk/return trade off. For a $1.5 million property, your upfront capital at risk will increase to $450k. A rational investor will have better things to do with $450k then invest in SG property with low yields and "normal" capital gains (with govt intervention to cap whatever supernormal returns). I note some people will say there are "irrational" investors out there, but when a large portion of the rational investors move out of that market segment, the demand and prices will be negatively impacted.
    to some 450k is peanuts

Of course, but to others, it matters. Also, the need to diversify, if a person only has $1 million of cash (i.e. middle class), would ou put $450k in SG property that you know has lousy yields and limited upside and highly illiquid? So, a portion of the demand will go away. Maybe you're one of those with $20 million cash that throwing $450k here and there is peanuts, but I can safely tell you, most Singaporeans would think twice.

As I say, "RATIONAL" investors who look at yields and returns. Rich men can be rational e.g. Warren Buffet, and still look at fundamentals. I understand your point about very rich people who are irrational and will throw away $450k in lousy assets giving lousy yields but they should be a minority.

And please never based investment decision based on "rich men who doesn't mind investing in porr yielding assets for fun." Yes, they exist but should be minority.

to some 450k is peanuts

1.1 Not sure. If I were you, I would not agree to pay. Why so gan cheong? Relax. Observe and see.
    1.2 It depends on the response.

2.1 Yes for now if you fulfil MOP.
    2.2. For the 30% downpayment, you can use OA to pay 20%. The remaining 10% has to be cash.

Quote Originally Posted by dgeralds
    1. Im looking at NV Residences. Was told that I must sign ‘option to purchase’ and pay 5% before I could do the ‘exclusive preview’
    1.1 Can I back out after the preview without penalty? The answer given to me was ‘yes’.
    1.2 Will the launch price be the best price or is there a possibility for the developer to lower the price (below launch price) if unable to find buyers due to recent tightening of policy? I was told that the developer will never lower the price below launch price.

2. Currently I live in a HDB flat directly bought from HDB 10 years ago and not fully paid yet. Now I plan to buy a condo and have the following queries:
    2.1 If I buy a Condo, can I live in it and rent out my HDB?
    2.2How much money from my CPF can be used as a down payment to buy condo? I believe I cannot wipe out all.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    ...guess developer bid high for this land ...
    CDL had the entire piece of land at this corner (whole of it) at a really low price, long long time ago.

Economics 101: you sell what the market can take, not at your cost.

Just wondering this whole plot of land they bought long time ago was FH? Or is it 99 yrs and they top up the lease only when they want to launch a new project?

Based on some hearsay in the forum, it was FH non-residential zone a long time ago. The whole plot was converted to 99 yrs leashold residential a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just wondering this whole plot of land they bought long time ago was FH? Or is it 99 yrs and they top up the lease only when they want to launch a new project?

Wonder if they will launch at a lower than the current market pricing for the coming preview, same as livia last time.

In today's BT, "City Developments' NV Residences is slated for launch this quarter, but no date has been set."

preview supposed to be tomorrow? so this seems to indicate its been delayed?

Wonder if they will launch at a lower than the current market pricing for the coming preview, same as livia last time.

Based on agent feedback, it will be opened on Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    In today's BT, "City Developments' NV Residences is slated for launch this quarter, but no date has been set."

preview supposed to be tomorrow? so this seems to indicate its been delayed?

I really hope this doesn't do too well. Or else, more cooling measures to come. While I believe fundamentals for owner-occupier suburbia is still strong, i.e. real demand is out there with compelling risk/return profile, but our government think otherwise and gets worried every time a condo sells well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I really hope this doesn't do too well. Or else, more cooling measures to come. While I believe fundamentals for owner-occupier suburbia is still strong, i.e. real demand is out there with compelling risk/return profile, but our government think otherwise and gets worried every time a condo sells well.
    yes...same sentiment....market stays warm gd enuff....can gets HOT after GE!!!

no policy is perfect....govt set out the policies also test test the market....nobody noes wat will be the exact outcome....

too many punitive measures will lead to a serious bigger problems in future too....dun forget....got invisible and visible 'hands'

previous policies was set in 20th feb....next one barely 6mths later....not very good....create social unrest and uncertainty

any experts can advise on the rental demand in Pasir Ris?

beach still cannot swim, price will come down liao!

It is a known fact for a long time...if you look at the map, you will know the reason why...

Anyway, it will be resolved by 2012...prices can only go up then...

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    beach still cannot swim, price will come down liao!

final update is preview still going to go ahead today, 8th sep. anyone going down can update us with sales figures?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    final update is preview still going to go ahead today, 8th sep. anyone going down can update us with sales figures?
    ooo....see i can find some spare time anot....this project looks boring...

u quite on the ball leh....

CDL leh, maybe like scala, SNAPPED UP?!

silly BT confused mah. so i checked with my huttons agent friend lor.

ooo....see i can find some spare time anot....this project looks boring...

u quite on the ball leh....

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Based on agent feedback, it will be opened on Thurs.
    According to the Business Times article today on the bid for the Jalan Eunos site, it stated in the last sentence that NV Residences at Pasir Ris is previewing TODAY. So should be quite chun right

its today. already confirmed by Huttons agent. wonder how the crowd will be like, is it raining in pasir ris too?

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    According to the Business Times article today on the bid for the Jalan Eunos site, it stated in the last sentence that NV Residences at Pasir Ris is previewing TODAY. So should be quite chun right

No wonder there is a full page advertisement on oasis@elias today... ha ha.

Preview started yesterday. several agents called me to ask for interest. not interested, so didnt ask for the price range...

No wonder there is a full page advertisement on oasis@elias today... ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Preview started yesterday. several agents called me to ask for interest. not interested, so didnt ask for the price range...
    It would be interesting to know the developer's latest price range and the take up rate.

The is purely a Mass Market Condo where HDB upgraders are restrained or removed.

Yup. Saw the news as well.

Let's see the crowd..

Quote Originally Posted by wesing