Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: NV residences

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I am guessing the smallest 2 bedder 743sqft will be at least 850psf so that pricing will be around 631k.
    940psf * 743sqft = 699k also from 6xxk meh

think they won't be so naughty lah hor? hehehe. but maybe that's the high and around 900psf is the average?

Quote Originally Posted by rainy
    940psf * 743sqft = 699k also from 6xxk meh

Would expect better from CDL, unless they are flooded with cheques.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    think they won't be so naughty lah hor? hehehe. but maybe that's the high and around 900psf is the average?

bay window everywhere. Mr. Qwek, I'm really impressed. You managed to get the building plan approved long long long before today. AND you are expecting "average" psf of $900 already ?

no wonder CDL still $11.84 today....

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    bay window everywhere. Mr. Qwek, I'm really impressed. You managed to get the building plan approved long long long before today. AND you are expecting "average" psf of $900 already ?

y not? scala can achieve 11xxpsf for their 2bedders...this one 900psf ppl will tink cheap oredi...most imptly, quantum only 6xxk wor

precisely, bay windows + small sq ft sell high high psf, terok...but pple will still buy. as i was saying in the esparina thread, even that china construction company has a good design while CDL has resorted to this type since hundred trees. average of 900psf is for the 743sq ft 2 bedders. project average psf of course lower lah.

ya lor ya lor .... can buy cdl two days b4 launch and sell after launch ....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    y not? scala can achieve 11xxpsf for their 2bedders...this one 900psf ppl will tink cheap oredi...most imptly, quantum only 6xxk wor
    The layout for NV Residence includes lots of bay windows (round bathrooms as well - whatever for ?) and planters whilst Scala design is more efficient, nett. These "bay window and planters" space easily account for more than 10-15% additional space. Plus the location at Lor Chuan perceived better than Pasir Ris. So one would expect at least a 20% off Scala's?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCutie
    The layout for NV Residence includes lots of bay windows (round bathrooms as well - whatever for ?) and planters whilst Scala design is more efficient, nett. These "bay window and planters" space easily account for more than 10-15% additional space. Plus the location at Lor Chuan perceived better than Pasir Ris. So one would expect at least a 20% off Scala's?
    Not so sure whether Lor Chuan is better den pasir ris. but Scala got doorstep MRT...shd command more...

toking about baywindows, planters etc...tat time i oredi said its more worthwhile to get waterbank den dakota residence due to tat aspect....but seems others focus on the price psf more

NV 2bedders only 6xxk...scala 2bedder 9xxk...quantum does make lots of difference.

I remembered that Livia was launched in a period of pre-recession mood. With pricing undercutting other new launches. Will history repeat itself here?

I remembered that Livia was launched in a period of pre-recession mood. With pricing undercutting other new launches. Will history repeat itself here?
    many bears predicting an impending crash early next yr?...recovery of ppty market started june 09 and correct again early 2011!! around 1.5yrs of uptrend only! gd la...i m still waiting to buy landed!

It's kind of queer that Livia launched in mid 08, price dropped by developer in Feb 09 and managed only to clear remaining units just this year, after a 2-year selling period.... and now bullish to sell 2nd plot at record price in Pasir Ris??

CDL has good feel of the buyers' profile - more home owners and rational people with budget on hand. Not the investors going for kills type.

Maybe they will start advertising 2 bedroom units from 5xxk now with new govt measures? Hee hee...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCutie
    It's kind of queer that Livia launched in mid 08, price dropped by developer in Feb 09 and managed only to clear remaining units just this year, after a 2-year selling period.... and now bullish to sell 2nd plot at record price in Pasir Ris??

CDL has good feel of the buyers' profile - more home owners and rational people with budget on hand. Not the investors going for kills type.
    whr got queer...timing of project launch is crucial....ppl always tink leftover no gd....if livia was launched in april2010, cud be sold out within 2wks(assuming same price)

feb09, i was at the showflat...prices din really drop....veri insignificant compared to STAR BUY at WFW

Maybe they will start advertising 2 bedroom units from 5xxk now with new govt measures? Hee hee...
    haha...u still wana buy?

Sales of NV residences will be badly hit ... 599k now possible for 743sqft 2br

With the new ruling, new launch may not be affected for genuine buyer as anyway have to wait for 3 or 4 years before TOP...speculators who want to flip will be having 2nd thought if cannot hold..

haha...u still wana buy?
    Haa haa, I dun think so. I will have to enjoy my 'one home three worlds' for a much longer time than expected liaoz haa haa...

You mean 'one line three homes'?

Haa haa, I dun think so. I will have to enjoy my 'one home three worlds' for a much longer time than expected liaoz haa haa...
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

That's good. Keep the speculators away. For too long, the new launch market has been dominated by speculators.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Sales of NV residences will be badly hit ... 599k now possible for 743sqft 2br

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    With the new ruling, new launch may not be affected for genuine buyer as anyway have to wait for 3 or 4 years before TOP...speculators who want to flip will be having 2nd thought if cannot hold..
    NV should be quite seriously affected, as it's targeting at HDB upgraders. Now they have to come up 30%. This is the problem. Genuine HDB upgraders may not have this amt of money (be it cash or cpf). Many of them bank on the idea of selling the HDB 3ys later to finance the buy.

For exp, a 1mil purchase price needs 330k upfront now. Before the rule change it's 230k. 100k difference. For many that will be the amount they hope they can get from selling the HDB.

NV should be quite seriously affected, as it's targeting at HDB upgraders. Now they have to come up 30%. This is the problem. Genuine HDB upgraders may not have this amt of money (be it cash or cpf). Many of them bank on the idea of selling the HDB 3ys later to finance the buy.

For exp, a 1mil purchase price needs 330k upfront now. Before the rule change it's 230k. 100k difference. For many that will be the amount they hope they can get from selling the HDB.
    Agree. This was also mentioned in today's ST as well (page A2). But, the desire to upgrade is always there for genuine buyers. So, what are the options?

1. Developers may have to lower their launch prices to entice these buyers. There are some developers who can still offer the IAS as the condos was first launched before the ban came. Lowering price however, may be the last resort. Developers will hold out first to see how the market will react in the next 3 to 6 months.

2. Genuine Upgraders will sell their HDB and settle their loan. Flushed with the cash from the sale, look for a place to rent for one year (rent HDB will save costs, maybe $24K for one year). During this one year, look out for those properties that are going to TOP in the next one year and buy them.

3. If prices of HDB keep going down, upgraders will likely stay put. If HDB and mass market condo prices remain or increase, option 2 would be the best option currently if want to upgrade. Otherwise, may soon be out of reach. God knows what other drastic measures might come out later.

Maybe they will tie up with bank offering special financing schemes? E.g. SIBOR+0% for first 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Agree. This was also mentioned in today's ST as well (page A2). But, the desire to upgrade is always there for genuine buyers. So, what are the options?

1. Developers may have to lower their launch prices to entice these buyers. There are some developers who can still offer the IAS as the condos was first launched before the ban came. Lowering price however, may be the last resort. Developers will hold out first to see how the market will react in the next 3 to 6 months.

2. Genuine Upgraders will sell their HDB and settle their loan. Flushed with the cash from the sale, look for a place to rent for one year (rent HDB will save costs, maybe $24K for one year). During this one year, look out for those properties that are going to TOP in the next one year and buy them.

3. If prices of HDB keep going down, upgraders will likely stay put. If HDB and mass market condo prices remain or increase, option 2 would be the best option currently if want to upgrade. Otherwise, may soon be out of reach. God knows what other drastic measures might come out later.
    very genuine upgraders will not buy from new launches....they will buy from resale or those gona TOP....those who bot new launches claiming for self stay usually no urgent nid to upgrade....can sell and make some $, they will sell one....if cant sell or target price not met, they move in after TOP

Will be interesting to see NV launch result...it will tell what the trend in the coming months...

Given such uncertain scenario, wonder is there still any advantages for buying during pre-launch. May end up the guinea pigs. Agent keep calling to submit cheques to secure booking, pressurising

When buying a pte,is FH and LH really important?

I agree with your 2nd point. As for your 1st point, I think there are also genuine upgraders targeting new launches coz many people buying for own stay prefer new units (smell of new paint syndrome). Moreover, Singaporeans are generally savers so it may not be correct to assume that many who are ready to upgrade need the HDB profit to finance the upgrade.

very genuine upgraders will not buy from new launches....they will buy from resale or those gona TOP....those who bot new launches claiming for self stay usually no urgent nid to upgrade....can sell and make some $, they will sell one....if cant sell or target price not met, they move in after TOP

If I were you, I would hold out first. Prices can only stay at existing prices or go down. The possibility of it going higher is close to nil after the new measures. The only reason why it can go up is that the majority of new foreigners coming in would want to buy property (instead of renting). I really doubt it would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Given such uncertain scenario, wonder is there still any advantages for buying during pre-launch. May end up the guinea pigs. Agent keep calling to submit cheques to secure booking, pressurising

My two cents...

Buying to invest...probably no diff...

Buying to stay (more than 30 years)...yes...

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    When buying a pte,is FH and LH really important?