$787
    $720k
    13 Aug 10

81 Pasir Ris Grove #09-47
    99 Yrs From 07/01/2008
    $825
    $728k
    06 Aug 10

NV: 880psf on average for 2bedders and quantum 650-700k...

actually, quantum shrinks......from R G 830k to Livia 730k to NV 680k....lol
    BUT size also shrinks: from 1066---900---750

say hi to Mickey....

say hi to Mickey....[/quote]

So the next 3 more projects by CDL will be mini, minor,supermini mickey?

You're comparing something that appreciates to something that depreciates. A car starts getting in trouble after 5 years - engine overhaul etc. Handbag's leather start to feather and look horrible after 1 year. But land appreciates, esp if it's freehold, therefore whether the building is new or old doesn't matter. The building is meant to be torn down anyway if there is an enbloc. Always remember, it's the LAND that is valuable. Therefore, does not make sense if a new launch fetch a huge premium.

But I note the preference for new launch due to:-

1) Even though higher PSF but might be lower quantum due to small size - just compromise on size.
    2) No idea how to renovate - so prefer "new" designs and just follow blindly - Singaporean's generally lack creativity.
    3) Low upfront cash - for resale, one has to foot the entire >20% upfront upon completition and start repaying full loan instalments. A lot of property buyers buy a pre-sale units first while saving up in the next 3 years until the property TOP. In short, for one to buy a resale unit. he must be able to afford at that point. For pre-sales, still got 3 years to save.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    like what peterng8 did is the right way to feel the market

walk the ground feel the market pulse.
    why new projects are better than olds ones freehold? simple. who wants to buy old stuff and go through the pain of renovation. hence projects< 3 yrs still in demand in subsale.

somemore ladies always pester to buy new projects like handbags

One of the Fundamental criteria: Location, Location and Location.
    Quote Originally Posted by boon127
    Agreed thankful to the new launch price..like wat other mentioned..maybe buyers prefer new projects.

For me, i rather look for the size and the timing of the occupation, of course the price.

Any new projects will be "old" aft all.

I am not familiar with this place. Which project is nearer to MRT?
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ris grandeur :
    33 Elias Road #11-25
    Freehold
    $786
    $838k
    27 Jul 10
    31 Elias Road #15-24
    Freehold
    $788
    $840k
    21 Jul 10

livia:
    79 Pasir Ris Grove #04-41
    99 Yrs From 07/01/2008
    $787
    $720k
    13 Aug 10

81 Pasir Ris Grove #09-47
    99 Yrs From 07/01/2008
    $825
    $728k
    06 Aug 10

say hi to Mickey....

It is about comfortable quantum level. Lower value will be more comfortable for buyer after the implementation of new measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3C

say hi to Mickey....
    So the next 3 more projects by CDL will be mini, minor,supermini mickey? [/QUOTE]

The garment is trying to address your point (3). This is what happened in US where they use too much credits. Not sure what will happen in 3 years: Job, Economy, Health, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    You're comparing something that appreciates to something that depreciates. A car starts getting in trouble after 5 years - engine overhaul etc. Handbag's leather start to feather and look horrible after 1 year. But land appreciates, esp if it's freehold, therefore whether the building is new or old doesn't matter. The building is meant to be torn down anyway if there is an enbloc. Always remember, it's the LAND that is valuable. Therefore, does not make sense if a new launch fetch a huge premium.

But I note the preference for new launch due to:-

1) Even though higher PSF but might be lower quantum due to small size - just compromise on size.
    2) No idea how to renovate - so prefer "new" designs and just follow blindly - Singaporean's generally lack creativity.
    3) Low upfront cash - for resale, one has to foot the entire >20% upfront upon completition and start repaying full loan instalments. A lot of property buyers buy a pre-sale units first while saving up in the next 3 years until the property TOP. In short, for one to buy a resale unit. he must be able to afford at that point. For pre-sales, still got 3 years to save.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    RG is not walkable to MRT;
    Livia is barely barely walkable (15mins)
    Livia 2 (NV) is barely walkable (10mins)
    .. and there will be Livia 3, which will be even slightly more nearer.

For me, all these Livias are not really walkable. There is a little hill between the plot and MRT. All have to walk around that. No way it can be < 5mins.

Even if it is near MRT it will take quite some time and effort to take the MRT. A 10 min walk in this weather will make me sweat like ice but it is good exercise. Then I imagine myself standing and squeezing with so many others in the train. Really can test your patience during peak hours

I wonder what is the rational for buying at such high psf for a 99 leasehold project so far from city center. With so many units in this project, more projects TOP and spectral of higher interest rates, actually there is no need to hurry to get one there...

Quote Originally Posted by amk

For me, all these Livias are not really walkable. There is a little hill between the plot and MRT. All have to walk around that. No way it can be < 5mins.
    I agree that normal folks will not walk that much distance to get to the MRT. It is walkable but it takes a lot of time and when it rains, good luck.

Just back from showflat, super crowded and super warm inside!

2 & 2+1 bedder selling at $850psf.

Oasis@Elias was not a ghost town. It is not that crowded...but considering that it has been launched for a while, I was surpised at the number of cars parked there at Oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    went for a look on sat, ....the showflat was packed, with Hutton agent and OCBC bank agent..and plenty of viewers / buyers....
    ...govt measure has not much impact...from the look of it. No way price will drop , at this frenzy buying .

Oasis was like a ghost town...what a contrast...

It has to be Livia

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008

Default 800psf

Dbss is around 500psf min.... It makes NV ..800psf worth to buy

2 and 2+1 r selling at around $850psf, at this price, vry hard to find at other places.

heard showflat will be closed from tomolo onwards, official launch on coming Thursday. Price will be revised up.

Most 2 & 2+1 units r sold. 1 bedder no more. a good number of 3-bedder sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan Loh
    Dbss is around 500psf min.... It makes NV ..800psf worth to buy

Livia is definitely shorter.

Not sure if you thinking of walking across the piece of land, Livia 3 will be there next year. Walking from NV has to be along Pasir Ris Grove road (hence longer) and cut across HDBs. Eventually you will reach the field beside the MRT.

Walking around (beside the hill) is a longer route.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

Agree some folks might be lazy to walk.

Just wait at bus stop and there are about 7 - 8 buses there. Most of the buses will go straight and just take 1-2 stops and alight...

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    I agree that normal folks will not walk that much distance to get to the MRT. It is walkable but it takes a lot of time and when it rains, good luck.

I was at the showflat as well...I also think it is super crazy...

Was expecting more PRs (after the measures)...but seems like more Singaporeans...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Just back from showflat, super crowded and super warm inside!

2 & 2+1 bedder selling at $850psf.

This is crazy...

2 and 2+1 r selling at around $850psf, at this price, vry hard to find at other places.

heard showflat will be closed from tomolo onwards, official launch on coming Thursday. Price will be revised up.

Did you know which ID firm was used for NV showflat?

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk

Was expecting more PRs (after the measures)...but seems like more Singaporeans...

Based on the brochure, it is Index Design Pte Ltd...

http://www.index.com.sg/index.htm

BTW, the ID nice meh? I thoz it was so-so...

Did you know which ID firm was used for NV showflat?

just found it, thanks. not too bad. now the trend is white/peach/brown, for many showflat... which i dont like.

Based on the brochure, it is Index Design Pte Ltd...

http://www.index.com.sg/index.htm

BTW, the ID nice meh? I thoz it was so-so...

Could share how you tell PR from singaporean if not involve in conversation? look can tell?

let me try, if look like over 40 with family & kids running around probably Singaporean...if look younger, a bit sloppy, probably ....

When I walk past, our Singlish is very notable...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Could share how you tell PR from singaporean if not involve in conversation? look can tell?

My next question will be are you a PR?

if you are a PR, I encourage you to buy....S$650K for 2 room still can buy...singapore pte pty market needs our FT to contribute in this area...

I used the term "our Singlish is very notable" as I expected the question.

I am a local...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    My next question will be are you a PR?

if you are a PR, I encourage you to buy....S$650K for 2 room still can buy...singapore pte pty market needs our FT to contribute in this area...

Market underestimating housing curbs: UBS

Investors underestimating impact of Singapore government’s efforts to concurrently increase residential land supply, dampen housing demand, says UBS, according to Dow Jones.

UBS tips 30% fall in transaction volume, decline of up to 10% mass-market home prices by end-2011. Cites slowdown in growth of Singapore permanent residents (PRs), sharp increase in new supply of public-housing flats as key risks to overall residential demand.
    Research house notes number of PRs +1.5% from beginning 2010 to June vs +11.5% for whole of 2009, +7.4% annually over 2004-2008: “We believe the government has put the brakes on the granting of permanent resident status.”

UBS says 1.5% growth rate could be “the new normal” for next 2-3 years. Expects policy risk to remain high until physical prices come down. Downgrades CityDev (C09.SG) to Sell from Neutral, cuts target to $10.96 from $12.50, downgrades Allgreen Properties (A16.SG) to Neutral from Buy, cuts target to $1.13 from $1.33.

so did they manage to sell 300 units when u visited? one of us guessed that no. while i humtum 400 which i think could not be achieved liao.

Market underestimating housing curbs: UBS

Investors underestimating impact of Singapore government’s efforts to concurrently increase residential land supply, dampen housing demand, says UBS, according to Dow Jones.

UBS tips 30% fall in transaction volume, decline of up to 10% mass-market home prices by end-2011. Cites slowdown in growth of Singapore permanent residents (PRs), sharp increase in new supply of public-housing flats as key risks to overall residential demand.
    Research house notes number of PRs +1.5% from beginning 2010 to June vs +11.5% for whole of 2009, +7.4% annually over 2004-2008: “We believe the government has put the brakes on the granting of permanent resident status.”

UBS says 1.5% growth rate could be “the new normal” for next 2-3 years. Expects policy risk to remain high until physical prices come down. Downgrades CityDev (C09.SG) to Sell from Neutral, cuts target to $10.96 from $12.50, downgrades Allgreen Properties (A16.SG) to Neutral from Buy, cuts target to $1.13 from $1.33.
    Do you still believe in their forecast? One of the big loser of recent financial crisis leh...