Page 61 of 144 FirstFirst ... 313641465156575859606162636465667176818691 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 4292

Thread: Property market sentiments 2010

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

$36M home could be Singapore's most expensive
    Chinese national buys 99-year Sentosa Cove bungalow, complete with berth for yacht
    Irene Tham
    The Sunday Times
    Sunday, 13 June 2010

The 2½-storey bungalow faces a waterway, with a berth for a yacht. It also has a private pool. The house was first sold by its developer Ho Bee in April 2007 for $18.1 million. -- Photo: BT File

A Chinese national is believed to have set the record price for a bungalow here, forking out a handsome $36 million for a luxury home in Sentosa Cove.

The property in Paradise Island was sold last month in the rësälë market at $2,403 psf, based on latest URA caveat records.

The house has a land area of 14,983 sqft and a built-up area of about 17,000 sqft.

It is probably the most expensive bungalow in Sentosa Cove in terms of the total amount paid and its psf price, going by URA's caveat records.

At $2,403 psf, it is also possibly the most expensive bungalow in Singapore, property agents say.

Mr Steven Tan, OrangeTee executive director (residential), pointed out that it is also on a 99-year leasehold tenure, unlike many bungalows in prime areas in mainland Singapore like Nassim Hill and the Holland area, which are freehold.

In May last year, China-born action star Jet Li paid $19.8 million for a 22,723 sqft good class bungalow in Bukit Timah.

Sentosa Cove is a gated community comprising more than 2,000 homes, of which 400 are landed. The rest are condominium units.

Paradise Island is located in the northern part of the cove. The other developments in Sentosa Cove include Sandy Island, Coral Island and Quayside Isle.

The Business Times reported yesterday that the sellers of the $36 million bungalow are understood to be Singaporeans, with the deal brokered by DTZ. The Chinese buyer is a Singapore permanent resident.

The house was first sold by its developer Ho Bee in April 2007 for $18.1 million ($1,208 psf). It was resold for $20.18 million ($1,347 psf) in September last year.

This makes the Chinese national the third owner of the property, which received its TOP in May last year.

The 2½ storey bungalow faces a waterway, with a berth for a yacht. It also has a private pool.

The high price can be explained by its features, said property agents.

'This is truly resort-style living,' said Mr Tan.

Ms Margaret Thean, executive director of DTZ, said: 'Many high net worth individuals appreciate the privacy of a gated community, waterfront facing and having a berth for a yacht. This could be their second, third or fourth home around the world.'

Landed home prices on Sentosa could have also been driven up by the fact that foreigners are allowed to buy them, said property agents.

This opens the market to the entire world, although such sales are still subject to approval from the Singapore Land Dealings (Approval) Unit.

Landed homes on the mainland can be bought only by citizens and permanent residents.

Also, foreigners buying a landed home in Sentosa Cove do not have to hold the property for 3 years before they can sell it - which they have to do when buying a landed property on the mainland.

But whether on the mainland or in Sentosa Cove, foreigners may own only one landed property in Singapore at any time. Also, they cannot rent out the home.

The Sunday Times understands that properties on Sentosa attract mostly foreigners, with Chinese nationals growing in numbers.

Take Kasara - The Lake collection at Sentosa Cove from YTL Corporation.

The Sunday Times understands that of the 13 units launched in December last year, more than half were bought by Chinese nationals.

The Business Times reported yesterday that 4 members of a Liu family from Liaoning bought a bungalow each at Kasara in March.

The prices range from $15.9 million to almost $26 million a bungalow. This translates to $1,731 to 1,780 psf (on land area). The bungalows are expected to receive their TOPs in June 2012.

'Buyers from China have in the past year been more prominent in snapping up homes in Sentosa Cove,' said DTZ executive director (consulting) Ong Choon Fah.

'This is a result of China's exuberant economic growth,' Mrs Ong said.

Traditionally, the foreigners who buy landed homes here are Indonesians and Malaysians.

some of the "growth" came from foreigners taking up PR ~~

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    It's not just that. You can also touch gold, paintings etc.

There is something else - you are physically smaller-sized than real estate, so you can walk into them (like focus walking into his new condo to take photos), and you can drive from one house to another.

There is this spatial feeling that you cannot get with other forms of investment.

Well said... But then properties often involve a much higher quantum and the use of leverage, so also must be prudent and not to over extend oneself lah.

Anyway, the forum was so quiet for the past couple of weeks! Good that most of the active users are back from their hols!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    read your own highlighted words carefully, i think you got over excited. 1) the caveats lodged for 1st 3 weeks of May may not be transactions done in may (note these are CAVEATS). 2) the caveats are not for new sales. its for ALL property transactions: new, subsale, resale! probably transacted between apr and early may.
    oops... paiseh....

first time taking part in the guessing game lah..... must give chance a bit hor. but I might have beginner's luck too! let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    A Chinese national is believed to have set the record price for a bungalow here, forking out a handsome $36 million for a luxury home in Sentosa Cove.

The house was first sold by its developer Ho Bee in April 2007 for $18.1 million ($1,208 psf). It was resold for $20.18 million ($1,347 psf) in September last year.
    From $20.18 million in September 2009 to $36 million in June 2010.

That's 78% in 9 months.

How come my properties did not appreciate by the same percentage?

That's 78% in 9 months.

if you have one of a kind properties, you can try to sell it at those profit levels.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian

Well said... But then properties often involve a much higher quantum and the use of leverage, so also must be prudent and not to over extend oneself lah.
    That's true. If over extend then cannot practise PROPERTISM.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

To enjoy PROPERTISM one must be calm under all circumstances.

That's 78% in 9 months.

36 mio for a 99 LH property ...

obviously the buyer does not qualify to buy a GCB ...

i seriously wonder does our govt do a back ground check on these buyers ..

also .. from China ? whatever happens to our Confucius' teaching on being humble and thrifty .. i dont mean rich people shouldnt spend
    but they become so rich in a matter of a very short time ...

the values and virtues of chinese teaching all gone ...

i see those mainland chinese tourists in manhattan ... i feel bad for them .. many shop assistants are not willing to serve them

cos they speak too loud and basically behave like " ican hit you with my money" attitude

heehee, we will know this coming tues at about lunchtime.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    oops... paiseh....

first time taking part in the guessing game lah..... must give chance a bit hor. but I might have beginner's luck too! let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

also .. from China ? whatever happens to our Confucius' teaching on being humble and thrifty .. i dont mean rich people shouldnt spend

i see those mainland chinese tourists in manhattan ... i feel bad for them .. many shop assistants are not willing to serve them

cos they speak too loud and basically behave like " ican hit you with my money" attitude
    being thrifty is a virtue... as long as the central banks don't do QE like no tomorrow and print money like nobody's business.

Same feelings here. Just came back from Vancouver, which is now crawling with mainland Chinese. You don't need to go far to find them. At the vancouver airport, there would be huge groups of them, speaking mandarin Chinese. You will not miss them. local love and hate them. hate them because they have made local real estate so expensive. love them because they throw money around. many of them are wives and daughters of mainland tycoons, who obviously have mistresses to keep them company at home.

now they starting to invade SG....will SG ppty prices hit HK lvl...many will say NOOOO

money laundering??? park $$$ in SG????

Default for those who are facinated by record psfs

in yesterday's classified ads by 2 different owners:

"OWNER'S SALES! DUCHESS Res 1km Nanyang/RGPS. New. 3rm. 1604 sq ft. Spacious & luxurious. $2100psf. Owner 8xxx-xxxx"

"ONLY $2200PSF. Duchess Res D10 TOP Soon! 1485 sq ft. 3 bdrm 5 mins to Orchard/Nanyang/RGPS. Direct owner 8xxx-xxxx"

$3.3m for 3 bedder at duchess

anyone keen can buy lah, then Reporter can highlight your record psf transaction. let us know if you buy so Reporter can throw in a special mention award.

in yesterday's classified ads by 2 different owners:

"OWNER'S SALES! DUCHESS Res 1km Nanyang/RGPS. New. 3rm. 1604 sq ft. Spacious & luxurious. $2100psf. Owner 8xxx-xxxx"

"ONLY $2200PSF. Duchess Res D10 TOP Soon! 1485 sq ft. 3 bdrm 5 mins to Orchard/Nanyang/RGPS. Direct owner 8xxx-xxxx"

$3.3m for 3 bedder at duchess

anyone keen can buy lah, then Reporter can highlight your record psf transaction. let us know if you buy so Reporter can throw in a special mention award.
    duchess area...IMO, nice landed enclave....but bad for condo/apt bcoz not near amenities...its like those apts at Poh Huat(although i like the name...sounds like BAO HUAT!!), very very tough to rent out one....

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    money laundering??? park $$$ in SG????

money washing or not i cant comment

but i believe these rich chinese have made enuff in chinese real estate .. and they probably also know the chinese govt will continue to implement mroe and more measures to prevent prop bubbles ( which probably alerady exists) .. meaning less opportunities for them to make money ..
    so they come here and churn the market ...

i also think so. 3.3m may as well buy a terrace house there, 3 storey 4000 sq ft build up and own land. even if the land psf may be 2000psf. rental should be a big headache. even hillcrest villas has a better location hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    duchess area...IMO, nice landed enclave....but bad for condo/apt bcoz not near amenities...its like those apts at Poh Huat(although i like the name...sounds like BAO HUAT!!), very very tough to rent out one....

oops, as i was typing, just realised that for the same 3.3m, landed terrace is 1615 sq ft of land, 4000 sq ft build up. this apartment is 1604 sq ft of airspace/build up. doesn't make sense for locals to buy.

i also think so. 3.3m may as well buy a terrace house there, 3 storey 4000 sq ft build up and own land. even if the land psf may be 2000psf. rental should be a big headache. even hillcrest villas has a better location hahaha.

crawling with prc better than crawling with parapoondeks. are you the latter?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Same feelings here. Just came back from Vancouver, which is now crawling with mainland Chinese. You don't need to go far to find them. At the vancouver airport, there would be huge groups of them, speaking mandarin Chinese. You will not miss them. local love and hate them. hate them because they have made local real estate so expensive. love them because they throw money around. many of them are wives and daughters of mainland tycoons, who obviously have mistresses to keep them company at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    crawling with prc better than crawling with parapoondeks. are you the latter?
    whatever I am, I am better than you bastard.

a lot of these millionaires from PRC all lai li bu ming. Their money also lai li bu ming. I won't be surprised they pay for all these property deals in cash. Subhas Anandan said that he did conveyancing for Ah Long San and the latter walked in with a bag of $800k cash (a lot in those days) to buy a landed property for his mother.

money washing or not i cant comment

but i believe these rich chinese have made enuff in chinese real estate .. and they probably also know the chinese govt will continue to implement mroe and more measures to prevent prop bubbles ( which probably alerady exists) .. meaning less opportunities for them to make money ..
    so they come here and churn the market ...

LOL, I have hit the nail on its head. I know a place that would suit you best....Rangoon Rd...lol

whatever I am, I am better than you bastard.

LOL, I have hit the nail on its head. I know a place that would suit you best....Rangoon Rd...lol
    why do you have to be a jerk and debase yourself just because someone disagrees with you and your stupid fascination with prime areas?

do not debase yourself or any indian persons. but I am definitely not an indian. your mother is probably one.

Oops, did someone just mention indian? I said nothing about indian here. I didn't know you were that racist....lol

why do you have to be a jerk and debase yourself just because someone disagrees with you and your stupid fascination with prime areas?

do not debase yourself or any indian persons. but I am definitely not an indian. your mother is probably one.

Oops, did someone just mention indian? I said nothing about indian here. I didn't know you were that racist....lol
    why am I a racist. what did I say that made you think so. it is a compliment to say your mom is an indian. what does that make you then?

you mentioned that i am debasing an indian when i did not mention any nationaility or racial group. you took it that i was passing negative comments at you and started hurling insults at me. You have brought a linkage between negative comments passed at you to the indian race, so if that is not racist, what is? lol

why am I a racist. what did I say that made you think so. it is a compliment to say your mom is an indian. what does that make you then?

you mentioned that i am debasing an indian when i did not mention any nationaility or racial group. you took it that i was passing negative comments at you and started hurling insults at me. You have brought a linkage between negative comments passed at you to the indian race, so if that is not racist, what is? lol
    I love indians, and I have many indian friends. I saw your hostility in your earlier postings toward me. your reference to indians can only be construed to be one thing and one thing only: an insult to all indians. It was not me who despises indians, it was you. anyone can tell by reading all the postings. don't be stupid and try to hide your deed.

everyone, let's banish this lowlife regulators from this forum. he engages in personal attacks and has no place in the forum.

banish stalin better

HAHAHA....I think many forumers would agree from all your posting that you are more of a self-assuming, presumptuous, pretentious and arrogant expatriate prick than I am a racist. I can still remember how you debased Singaporeans in some other threads. I would have expected you disappear for good from this forum, but some people just have skin as thick as elephant hide...

I love indians, and I have many indian friends. I saw your hostility in your earlier postings toward me. your reference to indians can only be construed to be one thing and one thing only: an insult to all indians. It was not me who despises indians, it was you. anyone can tell by reading all the postings. don't be stupid and try to hide your deed.