Page 80 of 144 FirstFirst ... 505560657075767778798081828384859095100105110 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 4292

Thread: Property market sentiments 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Or could it be the kani nabe press spinning things out of proportion
    if really launch from 1200psf...most likely same fate as Flamingo valley.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    luckily u checked.
    ya tell me abt it haha. sian la, thought i could settle in 1 trip. dunno what else to see after going 368. went vista already.

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    ya tell me abt it haha. sian la, thought i could settle in 1 trip. dunno what else to see after going 368. went vista already.
    go and see TOP projects like montebleu or pavilion 11

den u will feel 368 prices too high to swallow. montebleu 2bedder high flr type 850sqft type worth considering...but must be vy high flr mabe above 25th flr and see can get below 1350psf or not.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

den u will feel 368 prices too high to swallow. montebleu 2bedder high flr type 850sqft type worth considering...but must be vy high flr mabe above 25th flr and see can get below 1350psf or not.
    sounds gd, will go have a look.

Caveats lodged for subsale in 2010 at Montebleu for 807 & 850 sq ft units were:

Jan 2010 - $1115-1237 psf (6 transactions)
    Feb-May 2010 - $1214-1235 psf (3 transactions)
    Jun 2010 - $1305 psf (1 transaction)

Dunno whether got chance to get high level units below $1350 psf

initially i was told price range to be 1000-1200psf...tats y i spend one evening walking ard there. suddenly become 1200-1400psf...take off all the cream and leave shyt to us?
    they're trying their luck with a 3-5 year forward pricing...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    they're trying their luck with a 3-5 year forward pricing...
    It also means that they are prepared to hold the unsold units and keep their price as is for 3 to 5 years. Then it will perceived as value buy? That explains why some project's prices is almost a flat line for first 5 years... and some remain relatively flat after 10 years .

The take up rate will not be 100%.. maybe 50% after 6 mths. Let's me see if I am correct.

due to depleting landbanks? no hurry to sell out? or all follow FEO strategy? or they visit this forum and saw PROPERTISM?!

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    It also means that they are prepared to hold the unsold units and keep their price as is for 3 to 5 years. Then it will perceived as value buy? That explains why some project's prices is almost a flat line for first 5 years... and some remain relatively flat after 10 years .

The take up rate will not be 100%.. maybe 50% after 6 mths. Let's me see if I am correct.

developers win, investors lose. unless you must stay at that specific location yourself and you love every bit of the develoment. emotional attachment can't really have a specific dollar value and is difficult to be weighed by opportunity cost. but otherwise, you'll merely become their carrot head.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    developers win, investors lose. unless you must stay at that specific location yourself and you love every bit of the develoment. emotional attachment can't really have a specific dollar value and is difficult to be weighed by opportunity cost. but otherwise, you'll merely become their carrot head.
    since he said developer gona keep the prices flat for 5yrs..might as well wait till TOP and buy....can move in immed and dun nid to pay the progressive interest got chance developer slash price if black swan event hit too

since he said developer gona keep the prices flat for 5yrs..might as well wait till TOP and buy....can move in immed and dun nid to pay the progressive interest got chance developer slash price if black swan event hit too
    yeah, and in the meantime, maybe you can make a meaningful investment return on capital and come nearer to TOP, but a bigger unit?

due to depleting landbanks? no hurry to sell out? or all follow FEO strategy? or they visit this forum and saw PROPERTISM?!
    PROPERTISM!!!

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Seriously, above a certain level of wealth there is really nothing better to buy than properties, properties and more properties.

Just look at Property_Owner who has 40+ properties which I estimate to be worth about $320 million. Why didn't he buy instead 1,000 Mercedes S-Class or 270,000 Sultan Fish to eat?

So can you imagine the agony of the property developers, who are even richer than Property_Owner? Can FEO family eat 10,000,000 Sultan Fish?

If I'm a property developer, I'll at most sell 20% of my project so that I can retain the other 80% voting right for en bloc to myself in future.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    PROPERTISM!!!

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Seriously, above a certain level of wealth there is really nothing better to buy than properties, properties and more properties.

Just look at Property_Owner who has 40+ properties which I estimate to be worth about $320 million. Why didn't he buy instead 1,000 Mercedes S-Class or 270,000 Sultan Fish to eat?

So can you imagine the agony of the property developers, who are even richer than Property_Owner? Can FEO family eat 10,000,000 Sultan Fish?

If I'm a property developer, I'll at most sell 20% of my project so that I can retain the other 80% voting right for en bloc to myself in future.

actually if you think about it propertism is not that property prices always go up in the long term, it is just that fiat money is losing value over time. Property to some extent hedges against this, but could be losing purchasing power too.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    actually if you think about it propertism is not that property prices always go up in the long term, it is just that fiat money is losing value over time. Property to some extent hedges against this, but could be losing purchasing power too.
    If you don't invest in properties, then you'll lose even more purchasing power.

What I know is that a future aesthetic doctor 20 years from now will be earning 10 times an aesthetic doctor of today.

Therefore if you can buy at today's price a property that a future aesthetic doctor is anxious for, then the value of such a property will go up.

I can tell you no respectable doctor will be seen without a landed property.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 2 - Land is more valuable than air.

PROPERTISM!!!

cars have COE with 10yrs life span only mah ..
    you can rent your house ..but cannot anyhow rent your car ..

now GOLD pretty hype up as well.

any folks accumulating gold too?

now GOLD pretty hype up as well.

any folks accumulating gold too?
    But prices drop back to below US$1200 per ounce already

should keep gold long term like properties? i sold away all of them when it hit 1100...since den, no chance to buy back

PROPERTISM Rule No. 2 - Land is more valuable than air.
    Really? Can live without land longer than without air

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    Really? Can live without land longer than without air
    Value is not the same as essentiality.

Gold is valuable but not essential; water is essential but not valuable.

Aesthetic doctors are valuable but not essential; family doctors are essential but not valuable.

Perm secs who go for cooking holidays are valuable but not essential; their subordinates are essential but not valuable.

Value is not the same as essentiality.

Gold is valuable but not essential; water is essential but not valuable.

Aesthetic doctors are valuable but not essential; family doctors are essential but not valuable.

Perm secs who go for cooking holidays are valuable but not essential; their subordinates are essential but not valuable.
    black gold essential but valuable as well?

black gold essential but valuable as well?
    Black gold at US$76 per barrel (138 kg) is more valuable than water but less valuable than gold at US$5.4 million for 138 kg.

Hence black gold is less essential than water but more essential than gold.

Default cycles

jlrx, whats your opinion about ppty cycles?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Singapore economy to grow 13-15% in 2010
    Agence France-Presse
    Singapore
    Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Singapore government Wednesday upgraded its 2010 economic growth forecast to a blistering 13.0% to 15.0%, outstripping estimates for China.

Robust demand for its manufactured exports, particularly biomedical products, resulted in the sharp upgrade from the earlier estimate of 7.0% to 9.0% growth in gross domestic product (GDP).

GDP growth in the first quarter was 16.9% from a year ago, the Ministry of Trade and Industry said, while second quarter expansion is estimated at 19.3%.

The ministry said growth would moderate in the second half of the year due to a slowdown in the US recovery and sovereign debt problems in Europe.

finally, this is the type of news which will bring reporter back.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Agence France-Presse
    Singapore
    Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Singapore government Wednesday upgraded its 2010 economic growth forecast to a blistering 13.0% to 15.0%, outstripping estimates for China.

Robust demand for its manufactured exports, particularly biomedical products, resulted in the sharp upgrade from the earlier estimate of 7.0% to 9.0% growth in gross domestic product (GDP).

GDP growth in the first quarter was 16.9% from a year ago, the Ministry of Trade and Industry said, while second quarter expansion is estimated at 19.3%.

The ministry said growth would moderate in the second half of the year due to a slowdown in the US recovery and sovereign debt problems in Europe.

good one

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Agence France-Presse
    Singapore
    Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Finally Reporter comes back!

I thought Reporter followed Property_Owner to South Africa and forgot to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    jlrx, whats your opinion about ppty cycles?
    Property cycles create illusions for many people that property purchases can be timed, as though next week's 4D can be predicted based on last week's winning numbers, or there exist people like Buffett or Paul the Octopus who possess some uncanny abilities that the rest of us do not.

Then when the predictions did not materialise, they would say that the "cycles have become shorter".

The only thing I'm sure of is that the coming property cycle will be either shorter, longer or the same as the previous property cycle.

However, if you would like my opinion on the long term trend of property, I can help:

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properies should only be bought and not sold.

sell away too early can blame ppty cycle takes unusually long.

and if got stuck can also blame ppty cycle getting shorter

Default Question

jlrx, sorry for the trouble, but could you explain why property prices will always go up?

What if the government did not allow immigration and the population of sgp reduces in size due to low birthrates. Would property prices still go up?