Page 87 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5762677277828384858687888990919297102107112117 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 4292

Thread: Property market sentiments 2010

Quote Originally Posted by august
    iron as in golf club?
    You are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i can only see it as a tool to manipulate the ppty market sentiment
    True. Do you think the Developers" reponses will be unbaised? No sales mean no business. This will have a chain effect on all the other professionals like architect, engineers, quantity surveyor, builders, etc. Quarterly index is too slow to response to market. Should be like STI. Ha! Ha!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Those neighbouring condos surrounding Scala sure much much cheaper than Scala! Lorong Chuan area selling at >$1150 psf?
    Buy the older resale and renovate with good quality materials just need about $100 psf and become brand new internally again!
    (The new launch pay so much after they take over immediately considered resale (old) property already, can only sell at resale price! ).
    What is the problem with bank not able to match valuation? If can afford to buy >$1m property cannot pay the equivalent of COV of $100k or more in cash+CPF?
    Most of us know that those who die die need banks' valuations to match sellers' selling price probably are stretching themselves to buy the private properties. This is particularly true for those buying new launches (since banks are only willing to match the developers' selling price at $1150 psf in Scala but not $900 psf in the surrounding condos). Think about it, $900 psf + $100 psf renovation (very premium quality fittings & furnishings already) only $1000 psf (you save $150 psf!) vs paying $1150 psf and getting mass-market quality! Ops, I forgot that those who don't have the cash+CPF to pay the COV obviously have no cash for such premium renovation.............

watever...no nid to smoke me...unless u taking lesser loan let say 60%..den yes...30-50k bank will match,,,...most ppl r taking 80% loan....u can try...go buy neighbouring condos surrounding scala now if u find them cheap....bao jiat

rmb...find the right person to smoke

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Those neighbouring condos surrounding Scala sure much much cheaper than Scala! Lorong Chuan area selling at >$1150 psf?
    Buy the older resale and renovate with good quality materials just need about $100 psf and become brand new internally again!
    (The new launch pay so much after they take over immediately considered resale (old) property already, can only sell at resale price! ).
    What is the problem with bank not able to match valuation? If can afford to buy >$1m property cannot pay the equivalent of COV of $100k or more in cash+CPF?
    Most of us know that those who die die need banks' valuations to match sellers' selling price probably are stretching themselves to buy the private properties. This is particularly true for those buying new launches (since banks are only willing to match the developers' selling price at $1150 psf in Scala but not $900 psf in the surrounding condos). Think about it, $900 psf + $100 psf renovation (very premium quality fittings & furnishings already) only $1000 psf (you save $150 psf!) vs paying $1150 psf and getting mass-market quality! Ops, I forgot that those who don't have the cash+CPF to pay the COV obviously have no cash for such premium renovation.............
    I nid buyers like u who think this way!!! come come...offer me a gd price for my older condos....

sad ar...i realised all my ppty severely undervalued!!!!

help help...cash rich buyers! i nid u!!!!!!!!!!!!

pls help to push up those super undervalued resale prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help my cousin as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of Singaporean buyers really need full 80% loan one. This is one of the reason why the new launches are doing so well. (i) Banks will match the valuation of new launch (ii) these Singaporeans have no money to renovate older estates, therefore they prefer the new launch because effectively they can also borrow 80% of the new fixtures. In short, minimal cash but want to stay in condo. (iii) Small units - 1000sq ft 3 bedder which keeps quantum low. Or else it does not make sense for an serious owner occupier to wait 4 years to TOP - wasting 4 years of one's life waiting is no joke. After all, this Scala will TOP in 2014 and by that time, the downtown MRT line will be running up a freehold corridor with more beautiful surroundings, and the MRT station is no longer than "special". Scala is after all, at Serangoon Ave 3, 10 stations away from Raffles Place and probably 14 stations to the new Marina downtown.

But who knows, maybe people are just bullish that property prices will run up further 4 years later and want to hedge now? Unlike Thomson 368 and The Terrene where both buyers have private addresses, most buyers of Scala have HDB addresses - maybe it's just a spillover effect from the HDB flat owners in Hougang and Serangoon. After all, the HDB market is red hot...

But hopefully no cooling measure after the Scala 1150psf feat. Such feats can only be achieved by developers. Resale owners occupiers are left behind - therefore there really shouldnt be any cooling measures.

Please list those condos you have including info like floor level, facing etc, otherwise how to offer?

I nid buyers like u who think this way!!! come come...offer me a gd price for my older condos....

No wonder resale price also doing well.. hope to see more ppl like you.. resale HUAT AH!

Please list those condos you have including info like floor level, facing etc, otherwise how to offer?
    dunwan....wait u criticise all my projects till lau sai

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    A lot of Singaporean buyers really need full 80% loan one. This is one of the reason why the new launches are doing so well. (i) Banks will match the valuation of new launch (ii) these Singaporeans have no money to renovate older estates, therefore they prefer the new launch because effectively they can also borrow 80% of the new fixtures. In short, minimal cash but want to stay in condo. (iii) Small units - 1000sq ft 3 bedder which keeps quantum low. Or else it does not make sense for an serious owner occupier to wait 4 years to TOP - wasting 4 years of one's life waiting is no joke. After all, this Scala will TOP in 2014 and by that time, the downtown MRT line will be running up a freehold corridor with more beautiful surroundings, and the MRT station is no longer than "special". Scala is after all, at Serangoon Ave 3, 10 stations away from Raffles Place and probably 14 stations to the new Marina downtown.

But who knows, maybe people are just bullish that property prices will run up further 4 years later and want to hedge now? Unlike Thomson 368 and The Terrene where both buyers have private addresses, most buyers of Scala have HDB addresses - maybe it's just a spillover effect from the HDB flat owners in Hougang and Serangoon. After all, the HDB market is red hot...

But hopefully no cooling measure after the Scala 1150psf feat. Such feats can only be achieved by developers. Resale owners occupiers are left behind - therefore there really shouldnt be any cooling measures.
    neutral comments...good

i dun tink govt will impose anything drastic for next 6mths...still got many GLS lining up for sale

it takes a media reporter to promote resale prices....i rmb seeing it during 2007....

Too close to election. Not wise to do anything before it. They prewarn the HDB owners early this week on illegal subletting.
    neutral comments...good

i dun tink govt will impose anything drastic for next 6mths...still got many GLS lining up for sale

it takes a media reporter to promote resale prices....i rmb seeing it during 2007....

I actually think it is quite risky anyhow hoot a resale nearby just because a new launch there is fetching much higher prices. Just along the same stretch along this Serangoon Ave 3 (from address can tell it's largely a 99LH locality), a good benchmark would be the rest of the 99LH Chiltern Park or Springbloom or Sunnydale but lease term has run down. Some may think oh these are only 650-750psf and anyhow hoot, but it is not a guarantee success one. Yes, they are at a whopping 40% discount to The Scala but it could Scala is overvalued and not because the other similar 99LH nearby along the same road is undervalued.

I actually think it is quite risky anyhow hoot a resale nearby just because a new launch there is fetching much higher prices. Just along the same stretch along this Serangoon Ave 3 (from address can tell it's largely a 99LH locality), a good benchmark would be the rest of the 99LH Chiltern Park or Springbloom or Sunnydale but lease term has run down. Some may think oh these are only 650-750psf and anyhow hoot, but it is not a guarantee success one. Yes, they are at a whopping 40% discount to The Scala but it could Scala is overvalued and not because the other similar 99LH nearby along the same road is undervalued.
    i used to disagree with ur comments...

however, i cannot agree more on this

those who keep saying better buy resale den new launches may have their own hidden agenda....if i got a unit at chiltern park now...i will be shouting siao ar pay scala at 1150psf...offer mine at 900psf neow! haha

i wish life is so simple

Obviously (but may not be obvious to some), depending on why these people buy Scala.
    If buy for own stay and die die must stay there (because there are much better places elsewhere, just a matter of price), rather buy Scala's neighbouring condos (than Scala at such price).
    If buy for investment, well, What sort of investment can people talk of in Lorong Chuan?

Obviously (but may not be obvious to some), depending on why these people buy Scala.
    If buy for own stay and die die must stay there (because there are much better places elsewhere, just a matter of price), rather buy Scala's neighbouring condos (than Scala at such price).
    If buy for investment, well, What sort of investment can people talk of in Lorong Chuan?
    ah chuan more pricey den ah soo

ah chuan more pricey den ah soo

Ah lake would be even better....cheap and good and got potential..

Having said all that, I still remain a strong believer in convergence, i.e. suburban prices will narrow the gap with "prime" prices in time to come But better don't converge too fast, or else our goverment may choot pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Too close to election. Not wise to do anything before it. They prewarn the HDB owners early this week on illegal subletting.
    After election, will they choot pattern & question is will price stablise, dip or chiong?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    After election, will they choot pattern & question is will price stablise, dip or chiong?
    If nothing bad happens, it should be "chiong".

looks like the timing of GE is very impt wor...if held during a rising market, CHIONG ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise, prepare to collect free fall durians

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    If nothing bad happens, it should be "chiong".

Nice... Chiong liaw lah...2kpsf for The Scala... Lorong Chuan Chiong! Chiong! Chiong!

For you info, Centro is revising their price next week and i heard Greenwish maybe asking over 1kpsf... This is total madness...

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Nice... Chiong liaw lah...2kpsf for The Scala... Lorong Chuan Chiong! Chiong! Chiong!

For you info, Centro is revising their price next week and i heard Greenwish maybe asking over 1kpsf... This is total madness...
    FEO decide to up their greenwich pricing after scala? nid MRT to sell 1kpsf leh...but well, agts can use greenwich to say other projects r cheap liao

FEO decide to up their greenwich pricing after scala? nid MRT to sell 1kpsf leh...but well, agts can use greenwich to say other projects r cheap liao
    Greenwich got Seletar Aerospace Park mah.... (garment oredi spend so much to attract FDI liao)

use pte jets & heli to reach office in Central can avoid all those CTE, ERP, Flood... & can show off... Song siah

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    Greenwich got Seletar Aerospace Park mah.... (garment oredi spend so much to attract FDI liao)

use pte jets & heli to reach office in Central can avoid all those CTE, ERP, Flood... & can show off... Song siah
    still nid to drive from greenwich to aerospace park leh

ATTENTION TO ALL POWER BANKERS,

IF U CAN HELP US TO PUSH UP VALUATION AND EVEN GIVE A PROPER MARKET VALUATION BASED ON SURROUNDING CONDO PPTY PRICES WITHIN THE SAME AREA...PLS LEAVE UR CONTACT NUMBER HERE!

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I GOT HEADACHE...SMALL BOUTIQUE APTS ONLY GOT A FEW UNITS ...IF LAST TRANSACTED WAS VERY LOW...HOW COME BANKERS ALWAYS BASED ON TAT VALUATION...I TOLD THEM NEARBY TRANSACTING 100-150PSF MORE...BUT THEY TOLD ME JUST ONE STREET DIFFERENCE, PRICES CAN VARY ALOT! WTH! DEN HOW COME HDB VALUATION BASED ON THE WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD AVERAGE TRANSACTED PRICES BUT NOT PTE PPTY

PLS LEAVE UR CONTACT HERE....WE R VERY KEEN TO DO BUSINESS WITH U!
    I WILL RECOMMEND ALL MY FRENS/RELATIVES TO U
    Boutique means cheap cheap, maybe 1 million plus property. Dun think most bankers will bother to chase e valuers just for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Boutique means cheap cheap, maybe 1 million plus property. Dun think most bankers will bother to chase e valuers just for this.

i m too bored and wana suan and expose tat guy...might as well say himself also a lawyer cum accountant or even cum developer.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    wa piang i dunno how to explain already ...

lol

MACdonals
    MAChines

i m too bored and wana suan and expose tat guy...might as well say himself also a lawyer cum accountant or even cum developer.. haha
    aiya relax, no need expose or wat la
    ppl ask u wat properties u have u also dun say wat lol

Today's ST got one unusual article about "taking the mickey out of home buyers". The upshot of the column is to ask investors to be "wary of" high-risk investments like:-

1) Mickey mouse units (or now known as "bikini units" - so sensual?)
    2) Telok Kurau type budget boutique developments
    3) Old 99LH
    4) Suburban new 99LH >1000psf (hinting Scala?)
    5) Old walkup apartments

I find the report quite "unusual" - maybe commissioned by the authorities to remind people to be prudent...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner

Today's ST got one unusual article about "taking the mickey out of home buyers". The upshot of the column is to ask investors to be "wary of" high-risk investments like:-

1) Mickey mouse units (or now known as "bikini units" - so sensual?)
    2) Telok Kurau type budget boutique developments
    3) Old 99LH
    4) Suburban new 99LH >1000psf (hinting Scala?)
    5) Old walkup apartments

I find the report quite "unusual" - maybe commissioned by the authorities to remind people to be prudent...
    yup, quite an unusual writeup from the usual "choing, chiong" style... plus got so many unnamed property sources..

Especially irony is the Telok Kurau topic... Above article even shows a bachelor intro his cosy MM @ Telok Kurau... pooring water on the chap