Page 17 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732374247 ... LastLast

Thread: Property market sentiments 2010

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner, 15 March 2010 10.23 am
    L'VIV at 2100psf to 2200psf ? deja vu of soleil?
    Err ... but ... Soleil @ Sinaran's hïgh was only $1,845 psf ... nowhere near L'viv's $2,100 to $2,200 psf leh.
    In District 11, only Lincoln Suites, with hïgh of $2,365 psf, is on par with L'viv.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2007
    Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Soleil @ Sinaran . CCR ....... 394 ....................... 394 ........................ 1,845 ........... 1,411 ........... 1,109

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009
    Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Lincoln Suites ... CCR ...... 53 ........................ 53 ......................... 2,365 ........... 1,845 ........... 1,530

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    The main reason why people buy new launches is to put in around 25% initial investment and hope to sell it when the price appreciated. Many of these people do not have sufficient cash to serve the next 10% ( let's say they can borrow 70% from bank ) at the moment of purchase but believing that they can "find/earn" the 10% before the next payment usually in 1 year time. These people will be in big trouble when the market move south... they may not have holding power and can't find buyer then.....
    Do not underestimate the financial power of local and foreign property buyers in today's market. Do not assume many people have no holding power. Do not assume fire sales will occur down the road when progressive payments are due. What you do not know is that there are many cash rich and wealthy S'poreans and foreigners living in our midst. Just because they wear singlets and slippers or take buses to new launches & showflats do not mean that they are any less well off than "professionals". Mr Mah (housing) and Mr Lim (Transport) are fully aware of the market dynamics and potential and are riding the wave & maximising revenue via policies just announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Err ... but ... Soleil @ Sinaran's hïgh was only $1,845 psf ... nowhere near L'viv's $2,100 to $2,200 psf leh.
    In District 11, only Lincoln Suites, with hïgh of $2,365 psf, is on par with L'viv.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2007
    Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Soleil @ Sinaran . CCR ....... 394 ....................... 394 ........................ 1,845 ........... 1,411 ........... 1,109

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009
    Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Lincoln Suites ... CCR ...... 53 ........................ 53 ......................... 2,365 ........... 1,845 ........... 1,530
    ok dun flame me, just my personal tiny thought:
    Lincoln Suites, L'viv - freehold mah... then Soleil is 99yr mah... just like the price of Amaryllis vs the surrounding freehold....

Quote Originally Posted by taggy, 15 March 2010 11.44 am
    ok dun flame me, just my personal tiny thought:
    Lincoln Suites, L'viv - freehold mah... then Soleil is 99yr mah... just like the price of Amaryllis vs the surrounding freehold....
    So there should be a difference of about 10-15% between Soleil and Lincoln Suites or L'viv, assuming all three are located in the same site?

Anyway, I agreed with what you said.

Latest for Feb (URA mthly sales) >> 1196 units sold.

Not sure if anyone has posted this in another thread yet ... hmm bargain hunter leh?

So there should be a difference of about 10-15% between Soleil and Lincoln Suites or L'viv, assuming all three are located in the same site?

Anyway, I agreed with what you said.
    So do you see where I'm coming from now?

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful, 15 March 2010 12.38 pm

Not sure if anyone has posted this in another thread yet ... hmm bargain hunter leh?
    You all damn heng ah!

... got 4 digits ... so can donate your money to Singapore Pools via 4D ...
    ... if say 992 units sold ... then have to travel to J.B. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner, 15 March 2010 12.42 pm
    So do you see where I'm coming from now?
    Yes, I do now.

That also means Soleil @ Sinaran's high now should be around $2,000 psf instead of $1,845 psf.

Unemployment rate shrinks to 2.1% in 4Q
    The Edge
    Monday, 15 March 2010, 10:20

Singapore’s seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 2.1% in the 3 months ended December, down from 3.4% in the previous quarter, according to figures released by the Ministry of Manpower today.

aiyah, today i was out for lunch, missed the number. you beat me to it this round! Nice number!

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful

cheerful said before if 3 digits just add zero in front. LOL.

March should see at least 2000 units moved, question is only if it can break last july's record or not, what was that number? 27xx units or something? would be interesting if we can get a 3xxx number.

You all damn heng ah!

... got 4 digits ... so can donate your money to Singapore Pools via 4D ...
    ... if say 992 units sold ... then have to travel to J.B. ...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    cheerful said before if 3 digits just add zero in front. LOL.

March should see at least 2000 units moved, question is only if it can break last july's record or not, what was that number? 27xx units or something? would be interesting if we can get a 3xxx number.
    Yup yup .. bingo!

Actually Feb number is encouraging lah .. short mth plus CNY holidays. Btw Feb was also the mth in 2009 that saw the reverse of trend (last yr CNY was in Jan).

You may just be rite about March ... let's wait & see

i think either way Q1 should be a record quarter, i can't remember any other quarter with all 3 months showing very strong sales numbers. hmm imagine a 5000 units sold in Q1 2010 figure.

Yup yup .. bingo!

Actually Feb number is encouraging lah .. short mth plus CNY holidays. Btw Feb was also the mth in 2009 that saw the reverse of trend (last yr CNY was in Jan).

You may just be rite about March ... let's wait & see

i think either way Q1 should be a record quarter, i can't remember any other quarter with all 3 months showing very strong sales numbers. hmm imagine a 5000 units sold in Q1 2010 figure.
    Hi, if really record quarter, then what does it mean to come? Is govt. going to introduce more measures...is prices going to shoot up and run away like in 2007??? A bit confuse. I feel we are now in a very special moment....HK and China surged last year but not s'pore (except mass mkt)...though expert say mass mkt pent up demand satisfy liao then come the strong sales in Estuary and record breaking prices in the Vision. Then cbd's altez join in the party that sold above $2000 psf for many units....then laurel now also join in the party with psf breaching $3000 psf.... And then start to have buyers in market buying floor by floor (L'viv - at least 5 floors bought from wing tai in such manner.)...... This is a bit not digestable at this moment right?

Yes, I do now.

That also means Soleil @ Sinaran's high now should be around $2,000 psf instead of $1,845 psf.
    Reporter,

You are absolutely right, man!

Question is - are all these buying due to excessive speculative demand or genuine demand from buyers with sound financial standing? If its the latter then I guess its fine and govt will watch from the side lines. However, if its heightening of speculation, than govt will step with more coolants. Seems like demand is driven by liquidity. no sweat...

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    Question is - are all these buying due to excessive speculative demand or genuine demand from buyers with sound financial standing? If its the latter then I guess its fine and govt will watch from the side lines. However, if its heightening of speculation, than govt will step with more coolants. Seems like demand is driven by liquidity. no sweat...
    But govt pour coolant liao leh in feb' 10 for 2nd time in 6 months....but engine cool down a while and get hotter again.....i think first 2 weeks in march even more crazy leh....after going around the showflats...

If record qtr means something like 5K, then March will be a challenging one to project one liao leh ... fwah another > 2,300 wor... But then again, anything is possible

hmmm.. while The Vision & other few projects appear to sell like hotcakes, still have some reservation on this guess. It could either remain as an imagination or become realised as a record breaker. Imagine 5K in one qtr & not even half a year yet?!!

My guess for March is somewhere around ............ ........ 17xx (more conservative lah )

that's what i feel.

personally, i am following what the other experienced gurus are advising, "simply hold what you can afford." ie what you can afford to hold assuming there is a correction.

the signals are indeed confusing, so when in doubt, simply do what you feel most comfortable with and for me, that means not buying and just taking time out to relax and watch the show. but of course, that is not applicable to everybody.

ssshhh better not say too much, later kenna flamed by the bulls again.

Quote Originally Posted by saab
    Hi, if really record quarter, then what does it mean to come? Is govt. going to introduce more measures...is prices going to shoot up and run away like in 2007??? A bit confuse. I feel we are now in a very special moment....HK and China surged last year but not s'pore (except mass mkt)...though expert say mass mkt pent up demand satisfy liao then come the strong sales in Estuary and record breaking prices in the Vision. Then cbd's altez join in the party that sold above $2000 psf for many units....then laurel now also join in the party with psf breaching $3000 psf.... And then start to have buyers in market buying floor by floor (L'viv - at least 5 floors bought from wing tai in such manner.)...... This is a bit not digestable at this moment right?

my guess of 2xxx is becoz like saab's feedback from showflats in 1st 2 weeks already hinting its achievable and mind you, we are not even halfway through the month yet. even 1700 would still be a record quarter right? even though no record month? hahaha

If record qtr means something like 5K, then March will be a challenging one to project one liao leh ... fwah another > 2,300 wor... But then again, anything is possible

hmmm.. while The Vision & other few projects appear to sell like hotcakes, still have some reservation on this guess. It could either remain as an imagination or become realised as a record breaker. Imagine 5K in one qtr & not even half a year yet?!!

My guess for March is somewhere around ............ ........ 17xx (more conservative lah )

Yup, that will be about > 4K (avg out each mth in the qtr also 1,333 ...) so somewat can classify as record qtr lah

btw, you shld add another digit to make the game more fun lah ... mine is 17xx .. so yours is 2_XX ... simi digit in the second place ah?

[quote=bargain huntereven 1700 would still be a record quarter right? even though no record month? hahaha[/quote]

not for this month leh, it could be anything 2xxx to 3xxx! hahaha...

ok lah, to be conservative as well i shall say 20xx...anyway will already have the closer number if it exceeds 2000 mah... kiasu kekeke...

Yup, that will be about > 4K (avg out each mth in the qtr also 1,333 ...) so somewat can classify as record qtr lah

btw, you shld add another digit to make the game more fun lah ... mine is 17xx .. so yours is 2_XX ... simi digit in the second place ah?

Here are samples of some interesting primary sales achieved in February 2010:

** District 9 **
    1. The Laurel: high $2,970 psf
    2. Centennial Suites: high $2,175 psf
    3. Waterscape at Cavenagh: high $2,020 psf

** District 10 **
    1. Nassim Park Residences: $3,460 psf
    2. Cyan: high $2,499 psf
    3. Holland Residences: high $1,889 psf
    4. Latitude: $2,074 psf

** District 11 **
    1. L'viv: high $2,185 psf
    2. Trilight: high $1,921 psf

** District 15 **
    1. Silversea: high $1,946 psf
    2. The Shore Residences: high $1,436 psf

Here are my observations:

1. Cyan has proved its critics wrong again by hitting $2,499 psf. If only it can hit $1 psf more! $2,500 psf would be very nice!

2. Many despised Silversea and insisted it should not hit above $1,500 psf. Did they mean $1,500 psf or $2,000 psf? Because $1,946 psf is only $54 psf away!

3. Is there anything wrong with Holland Residences? Why some keep talking it down to $1,389 psf? There is quite a difference between $1,889 psf and $1,389 psf, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, New Project @ D19 15 March 2010 3.24 pm
    Please be prepared to vacate the OCR $1,200+ psf Club (whose members include Residences Botanique, Glasgow Residences, The Vision, Centro Residences, Trevista, Hundred Trees, Meadows @ Pierce, Serangoon Avenue 3 and Upper Thomson Road) soon!

We may need to rename it to OCR $1,300+ psf Club soon!

Why? What do you mean by why?
    Look!
    The nëw hïgh for District 19 is now $1,333 psf - not $1,2xx psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of February 2010
    Project Name .......... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Residences Botanique . OCR ....... 135 ....................... 11 .......................... 1,333 ........... 1,063 ........... 910
    Oh! By the way, our favourite OCR $1,200+ psf Club may need to be renamed to OCR $1,300+ psf Club soon!

If there indeed is a name change, we hope to see The Vision, Horizon Residences and Centro Residences joining its pioneer member, Residences Botanique, soon. Others are welcomed!

It is very easy to join. You just need to be a OCR and hit above $1,300 psf.

For your info, we are in the midst of preparing a new club called EC $700+ psf Club.

Here are samples of some interesting primary sales achieved in February 2010:

** District 9 **
    1. The Laurel: high $2,970 psf
    2. Centennial Suites: high $2,175 psf
    3. Waterscape at Cavenagh: high $2,020 psf

** District 10 **
    1. Nassim Park Residences: $3,460 psf
    2. Cyan: high $2,499 psf
    3. Holland Residences: high $1,889 psf
    4. Latitude: $2,074 psf

** District 11 **
    1. L'viv: high $2,185 psf
    2. Trilight: high $1,921 psf

** District 15 **
    1. Silversea: high $1,946 psf
    2. The Shore Residences: high $1,436 psf

Here are my observations:

1. Cyan has proved its critics wrong again by hitting $2,499 psf. If only it can hit $1 psf more! $2,500 psf would be very nice!

2. Many despised Silversea and insisted it should not hit above $1,500 psf. Did they mean $1,500 psf or $2,000 psf? Because $1,946 psf is only $54 psf away!

3. Is there anything wrong with Holland Residences? Why some keep talking it down to $1,389 psf? There is quite a difference between $1,889 psf and $1,389 psf, you know?
    Do some early reporting here.....Laurel high already $3200psf !

Quote Originally Posted by saab
    Do some early reporting here.....Laurel high already $3200psf !
    So if developers' new launch psf keep getting higher by the day and volume maintain there.....what does that mean???

This resembles stock trading....Kinda think of Dec/Jan'10 as base building....and then Feb'10 base building + starting to break thru'.....then Mar' 10 break thru' pattern confirm liao (cannot hold back liao)....then "cheong" in Apr to June ' 10 (3 months) and records for new launch projects starting to form for those < $3000 psf new launch only properties in prime CCR.... and of course for mass market now will be challenging Vision's 1200 psf lah.....BULL RUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saab, 15 March 2010 4.45 pm
    So if developers' new launch psf keep getting higher by the day and volume maintain there.....what does that mean???

This resembles stock trading....Kinda think of Dec/Jan'10 as base building....and then Feb'10 base building + starting to break thru'.....then Mar' 10 break thru' pattern confirm liao (cannot hold back liao)....then "cheong" in Apr to June ' 10 (3 months) and records for new launch projects starting to form for those < $3000 psf new launch only properties in prime CCR.... and of course for mass market now will be challenging Vision's 1200 psf lah.....BULL RUN!!!
    Mass market challenge The Vision's $1,200 psf?
    You probably meant "challenge mass-market high of $1,333 psf set by District-19 Residences Botanique".

Anyway, District 19's Botany is no fight for District 21's Sardine.
    $1,903 psf! How to fight it with $1,333 psf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Jardin, 15 March 2010 4.53 pm
    Jardin, in District 21, has a nëw hïgh of $1,903 psf!
    Why not $2,000 psf?

Jardin ............. RCR ........ 29 ........................ 2 ........................... 1,903 ........... 1,765 ........... 1,626

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner, Marina Bay Residences, 15 March 2010 7.41 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Marina Bay Residences, 28 February 2010 11.18 pm
    Finally, Marina Bay Residences' owners can get their long-needed break.

$2,980 psf will do just that.
    Sorry pal. That resistant level was broken. A high floor stack 10 was sold 3130psf.
    $3,130 psf?
    Wah! So fast?

I wonder what will happen to Marina Bay Residences' price if you keep saying "sorry pal" every week?

$3,130 psf?
    Wah! So fast?

I wonder what will happen to Marina Bay Residences' price if you keep saying "sorry pal" every week?

Btw Sail almost broke 3500psf resistant level. But a new high might be created above this psf soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Altez, 15 March 2010 10.21 pm
    Wow!
    Altez hïgh of $2,397 psf is definitely a good start!

Why not $2,400 psf? It's only $3 psf away right?

Altez .............. CCR ....... 150 ....................... 150 ........................ 2,397 ........... 1,817 ........... 1,600
    Altez (aka Icon 2) in District 2 has joined the party too with $2,397 psf!