Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Vision coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Cheung Kong spokesperson said property bubble is good. No bubble they cannot sell and cannot up their prices.

Pity the people holding the baby when bubble burst.

But then developers have no responsibility towards buyers.

Caveat emptor. Albeit a little late, as 210 units sold already.

Buyers better hope bubble don't burst.
    i read the zaobao, he said something like Chueng Kong "if buy low will sell low, buy high will sell high" hahaha... Vision certainly is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Just take my example of "Vision" vs "Cube 8" both selling at about same price (or even if Cube 8 sells at 10% more than Vision), which is a better choice?

Vision vs Cube 8
    District = D5 (OCR) vs D11 (CCR)
    Drive to Orchard = 30 mins? vs 3 mins
    Drive to CBD = 25 mins? vs 8 mins
    Drive to Vivocity = 20 mins? vs 15 mins
    Walk to MRT? = Too far vs ~1km walk (Novena MRT station)
    Amenites? = Not sure vs ~1km (Novena Square, United Square, Square 2)
    Quality of flooring = Mass market (homo tiles) vs Mid-market (marbles mostly)

"Pay $1200 psf for homogeneous tiles everywhere in the house in D5 facing the polluted port and pollution from Jurong Island?

Might as well pay $1200 psf for Cube 8 and you get marbles on the floors in the living room, dinning room, kitchen and Master bathroom and also marbles on the walls from floor to ceiling in the Master Bathroom!

How much can those Hansa taps and shower system costs vs replacing with these marbles? "

Should include one more:

Soot from industry (Vision) Vs soot and noise from traffic (Cube 8)

Which is worst?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i read the zaobao, he said something like Chueng Kong "if buy low will sell low, buy high will sell high" hahaha... Vision certainly is not the case.
    I read the english version of his remarks. something was lost in the translation, perhaps. but the cheung Kong guy is a clown at best and a con artist at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Should include one more:

Soot from industry (Vision) Vs soot and noise from traffic (Cube 8)

Which is worst?
    Thats why cube 8 is almost sold out and the showroom is already closed.

Might as well say buy The Arte last March, only 850psf during preview... more MIB in the showroom than shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Cheung Kong spokesperson said property bubble is good. No bubble they cannot sell and cannot up their prices.

Pity the people holding the baby when bubble burst.

But then developers have no responsibility towards buyers.

Caveat emptor. Albeit a little late, as 210 units sold already.

Buyers better hope bubble don't burst.
    Bubble is good for Mr Chiu of course lah. Which developer want to sell only a few units in down period n yet have to throw in the goodies. So it is no good for us right? Like anyone from the fragrance habour, he really sounded very direct in that interview.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Cannot compare to Arte lah because Arte was launched at a time when market is still low last year. Cube 8 launched in Jan/Feb 2010 vs Vision is about 1 month apart and hence more comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Thats why cube 8 is almost sold out and the showroom is already closed.

Might as well say buy The Arte last March, only 850psf during preview... more MIB in the showroom than shoppers.

Location, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i agree that the so called seaview is no big deal ...

similarly ..some of the houses/condos in sentosa ..has view of PSA shipyard .. that doesnt stop the price from going higher

strange right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Location, my friend.
    its subjective lah

for location ... sentosa is not a bit convenient .. at least not now .. other than the indonesia view (dont look the other side that faces shipyard) ..

what else ?

i am not saying vision is good ..

just feel this whole mkt .. when you have money .. you can say all you want and push a location from nothing to become prime ..

if FEO , CDL start to buy pungol ... in 6 mths pungol price will chiong also ,,

its subjective lah

for location ... sentosa is not a bit convenient .. at least not now .. other than the indonesia view (dont look the other side that faces shipyard) ..

what else ?

i am not saying vision is good ..

just feel this whole mkt .. when you have money .. you can say all you want and push a location from nothing to become prime ..

if FEO , CDL start to buy pungol ... in 6 mths pungol price will chiong also ,,
    This I agree. Look at what centro did to graduer8/nuovo/amk, estuary will do to orchid park/yishun, trevista to tpy. kovan residence to kovan melody/d19.

It is about reference point. Think of what Horizon residence will do to pasir panjang.
    Reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    This I agree. Look at what centro did to graduer8/nuovo/amk, estuary will do to orchid park/yishun, trevista to tpy. kovan residence to kovan melody/d19.

It is about reference point. Think of what Horizon residence will do to pasir panjang.
    Reference point.
    to me, a good location is one where you have the modern amenities around you, preferably within walking distance,

short commute to work,

and yet have good view, if no view, at least have some greenery, park ..

where in singapore can you find that ?

it all depends on where you work ..

if you work North... Seletar, springside is good

if you work west, Pasir panjang, south buona vista is good

if you work south (CDB) , river valley, tiong bahru, queenstown, tanglin , north and south buona vista, newton good

for me i prefer a good interior layout and space, as oppose to being near a shopping centre or MRT .. cos i dont feel good with the crowd and noise outside and tiny space inside ..

No problem with crowd even if near (near but not too near, like above the shopping mall or MRT) as the crowd won't walk to your estate.

Spacious and efficient layout is very important (because I don't want to pay for useless space). Unfortunately most (if not all?) properties built from 2003-2009 contains lots of un-usable space because developers can sell planter areas and bay windows which are not included in GFA and hence these areas are built exceedingly large to maximise profit. Exceedingly large balcony is another ploy as construction costs is half of what other built-up area costs.

to me, a good location is one where you have the modern amenities around you, preferably within walking distance,

short commute to work,

and yet have good view, if no view, at least have some greenery, park ..

where in singapore can you find that ?

it all depends on where you work ..

if you work North... Seletar, springside is good

if you work west, Pasir panjang, south buona vista is good

if you work south (CDB) , river valley, tiong bahru, queenstown, tanglin , north and south buona vista, newton good

for me i prefer a good interior layout and space, as oppose to being near a shopping centre or MRT .. cos i dont feel good with the crowd and noise outside and tiny space inside ..

Default JURONG ISLAND IS REALLY CLOSE TO VISION

You can see that Vision is very close to the Huge Jurong Island. Imagine with the pollution from the plant from it!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I was at the show flats yesterday and very surprised to see the huge crowd despite of the rain.

1. Location : very inconvenient, cannot find market / shopping areas to settle the daily needs
    2. Misrepresented showflats : The ID work is terribly misleading. What a good gesture from the developer to have "Crystal" light in the bathroom? I called the crystal as glass. The marble is a truly misrepresentation.
    3. The taste of the wallrobe : with that odd type of colour skin, how is one going to design the bedrooms?
    4. Site plan : the road around the estate is a very cheap design, why the basement carpark is not entrance at the gate and still there are some carparks at the ground level.
    5. Finish quality of the LKS's project : take a good look of the past project, hopefully, this one is not a repeat of the past.
    6. The view is nothing great to shut about, containing area, air is of sub-quality

You sure are not living in the west otherwise you will not make the comment about no ammenities. Don't you know that west coast plaza is just a stone throw away and opposite is the market. Check before you talk.

You can see that Vision is very close to the Huge Jurong Island. Imagine with the pollution from the plant from it!

Check this out. Then please advise what are you talking about???
    http://app2.nea.gov.sg/images/Regional_PSI_for_2009.pdf

What an interesting report! From the report, it seems that "Central" region usually has the lowest PSI and hence should have the lowest average PSI overall!
    (This is really contrary to what people expects as they say central so crowded, so many cars, sure more polluted whereas the North and East should be most clean!).

THERE ARE 35 MONITORING STATIONS IN SINGAPORE. IT IS AN AVERAGE VALUE THAT YOU ARE GETTING IN THESE ZONES. FURTHERMORE, THE INSTRUMENTATIONS ARE ONLY MONITORING PARTICULATE MATTER OF SIZE 10 MICRON (PM10) AND LARGER. ANY PARTICULATE MATTER LESS THAN PM10 SUCH AS SOOT FROM TRAFFIC AND INDUSTRIAL IN THE REGION OF PM2.5 AND LESS ARE NOT CAPTURED. THESE ARE THE ONES THAT GO PASS OUR NOSTRIL HAIR AND PENETRATE INTO OUR LUNGS.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!

THERE ARE 35 MONITORING STATIONS IN SINGAPORE. IT IS AN AVERAGE VALUE THAT YOU ARE GETTING IN THESE ZONES. FURTHERMORE, THE INSTRUMENTATIONS ARE ONLY MONITORING PARTICULATE MATTER OF SIZE 10 MICRON (PM10) AND LARGER. ANY PARTICULATE MATTER LESS THAN PM10 SUCH AS SOOT FROM TRAFFIC AND INDUSTRIAL IN THE REGION OF PM2.5 AND LESS ARE NOT CAPTURED. THESE ARE THE ONES THAT GO PASS OUR NOSTRIL HAIR AND PENETRATE INTO OUR LUNGS.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!
    Oh, so those NUS students need to suffer for 3 to 4 years. Those lecturers will need to suffer. Those NUH nurses and doctors need suffer their entire career should they decide to stay in NUH. I really think the doctors at NUH know better on this topic. I wonder how many doctors in NUH die of lung disease? Will check with my NUH dr friend.

Oh, so those NUS students need to suffer for 3 to 4 years. Those lecturers will need to suffer. Those NUH nurses and doctors need suffer their entire career should they decide to stay in NUH. I really think the doctors at NUH know better on this topic. I wonder how many doctors in NUH die of lung disease? Will check with my NUH dr friend.
    You should check with those staying at Kent Vale (Housing for NUS professors). Their balcony is sooty if it not clean often. You can even smell it at NUS. You should also check with the maintenance people at NUS on the filters of air-conditioning plant room. NUH is too far from the source. Go to Environmental Protection Agency (US) to see what I meant.

Excuse me fir being ignorant. What is all this "flare" that a few have mentioned? Some fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I don't know why people keep saying the west coast area is no good, because of jurong island.

how about pulau bukom, the site of the shell refinery and chemical plants? this island is very close to sentosa island and tanjong pagar. but that does not deter rich people from buying bungalows and luxury condos there.

I just saw a big flare up at the chimney on Pulau bukom. I think it is as bad as jurong island.

Not saying that west coast area is perfect for bringing up kids. but you guys must be fair when you criticize the west coast area.

Based on the report, it appears that there's not much difference in PSI across the region and depending on days, sometimes different parts of SG have "better" air. All these lung cancer accusations are very immature - there are people staying in all parts of SG having lung cancer. So you should just ignore those ignorant comments. Anyway, a bit of pollution in this world is unavoidable and Singapore is already very good compared to say Hong Kong and its not as it we have a longer lifespan. The most ridiculous comment I've read before is water from Bedok Reservoir in the East taste better than Peirce Reservoir! That is the ultimate joke. West Coast is quite a nice and serene area

Quote Originally Posted by SV88
    Excuse me fir being ignorant. What is all this "flare" that a few have mentioned? Some fire?
    That is the burning of the excess by-products gas before it gets discharged into the air.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

does this report says anything new that we don't know? No need an expert to analyse.... If looking at all the monthly statistic, it is not conclusive enough that East or Norrh is less polluted. Singapore is so small . The wind direction change now and then. So whether u in NSEW or Central, the pollution is same. The consolidation is that this same level is still much better than cities in China, SE Asia n others.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by The Business Times Weekend

All units in phase1 of The Vision sold out
    Emilyn Yap
    The Business Times Weekend
    Saturday, 13 March 2010

Hong Kong Kong developer Cheung Kong has set record selling prices for residential projects in the West Coast area.

It managed to sell all 100 units released in the first phase of sale for the 99-year-leasehold The Vision yesterday. Of these, 2 penthouses went for $3.6 million each, which works out to around $1,332 psf.

Buyers paid around $1,000-$1,200 psf for 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom units, which start from 818 sq ft in size. Cheung Kong also sold several strata terrace units, and the highest price fetched was $3.2 million.

According to the developer's sales manager Cannas Ho, upgraders made up more than 60% of the buyers, and investors accounted for the remainder.

The Vision will have 281 apartments and 14 strata terrace units altogether. In view of the strong demand, the developer will release another 20 units of two to four-bedders for sale this weekend. Cheung Kong had planned to start the second phase of sale by Q4 this year. Whether it brings the release forward will depend on market response to the project, Ms Ho said.

Now that The Vision has set $1,332 psf hïgh in Phase 1, when are they launching Phase 2?

i thought already sold more than 200 units? no need phase 2 launch liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Now that The Vision has set $1,332 psf hïgh in Phase 1, when are they launching Phase 2?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter, 30 March 2010 1.44 pm
    i thought already sold more than 200 units? no need phase 2 launch liao.
    Maybe still have 50 units not sold?

yup, maybe, but with the official launch with adverts in straits/sunday times last weekend, i guess that's your phase 2 launch already.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Maybe still have 50 units not sold?

Thought i read much earlier that they are going to launch only 100 units in Phase 1 and the rest will only be launch at year end or next year. Do they forsee something wrong next year?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yup, maybe, but with the official launch with adverts in straits/sunday times last weekend, i guess that's your phase 2 launch already.

if going by that theory, then maybe they foresee something wrong much earlier! LOL...they have already sold more than 200 units, got people chiong in they already readily sell to them! there is no holdback at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Thought i read much earlier that they are going to launch only 100 units in Phase 1 and the rest will only be launch at year end or next year. Do they forsee something wrong next year?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Under promise, over deliver... at least can claim 90% sold based on launched units.

Who would not take profit given the opportunity.... remember the wise words.. a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. They've caught as many birds as they could. But they are still trying to catch all the birds there.

If it gives you fair margins, why hold on to them... the trick is to sell the not so good ones first and the value of the remaining units (high floor, unblocked) will be preserved.

just invest in D18 double bay residence.....