Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Vision coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    FYI the marble on the walls of all rooms will not be included in the actual unit The showroom decor n finishing somehow deceiving if you don't ask the detail .
    thanks. Anyone know which ID they use for the showflat?

The results speak for themselves. Throw in some stones and buyers are sold, as the location is not something to shout about.

This would allow them to price their Thomson condo, which they bid @ $500+ at similar pricing with acomfortable level. All in all, i would say a good thing for the market as it adds another dimension, not just location.

Hey interesting... I just looked at my copy of brochure n noticed the description for the flooring is overlayed by a label saying "Selected stones". When I peeled that label off it was printed "tiles"!!!
    Now I m wondering if LKS strategy of luxury brand was a last minute inclusion...
    in an interview in the paper ..it is said that they throw in HIGH END stuff ... i presume its Grohe shower head, sink faucet etc

but seriously people .. when you order in BULK .. they are cheap ..

i did my house and still got 20 pct disc for those stuff ..

how about a developer ? who orders say 100 units of each item .. ? its cheap ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in an interview in the paper ..it is said that they throw in HIGH END stuff ... i presume its Grohe shower head, sink faucet etc

but seriously people .. when you order in BULK .. they are cheap ..

i did my house and still got 20 pct disc for those stuff ..

how about a developer ? who orders say 100 units of each item .. ? its cheap ..
    As I feel, finishing is something you can always change. I can do renovation every year if I like. Location is something you can never ever change. Unless like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts5uLUXeHqY

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    It is true, just check streetsine ... range from 1k to 1272 (Jan 2010) for rental of a City Regency studio. $2400pm can rent 2br Astoria Park @ Kembangan just next to MRT ...or slightly above $3k can get you a 678sqft Citylights near Lavender MRT

If you had read streetsine carefully you would have noticed that there is a * next to which means these are estimates from all projects along the same street. Basically there is NO date yet. It's even got rentals for Vetro and Airstream and they're not even completed yet. 1,200 is WAY WAY too low.

in an interview in the paper ..it is said that they throw in HIGH END stuff ... i presume its Grohe shower head, sink faucet etc ..
    HANSA shower head.
    Appliances SMEG

Hey interesting... I just looked at my copy of brochure n noticed the description for the flooring is overlayed by a label saying "Selected stones". When I peeled that label off it was printed "tiles"!!!
    Now I m wondering if LKS strategy of luxury brand was a last minute inclusion...
    my brochure no sticker leh, 'Typical Units in Towers-Selected tiles' 'PH & Terrace Units-Selected stones'.. got sticker & no sticker makes a big difference here, better confirm with ur agent if buying a tower unit.

Bling bling everywhere, ID makes u feel u are at ION Orchard....ID is nice if u like the rich feel...except the bathrooms tiles, too retro. Entrance of both show units' walls are armour clad with stones, kilat kilat.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    As I feel, finishing is something you can always change. I can do renovation every year if I like. Location is something you can never ever change. Unless like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts5uLUXeHqY
    precisely ..

so all those stuff they throw in ..bet they get a good discount for bulk purchase .. .

with or without .. still doesnt add up to 1200 psf ..

can only say they are many rich people with no where to throw their money

precisely ..

so all those stuff they throw in ..bet they get a good discount for bulk purchase .. .

with or without .. still doesnt add up to 1200 psf ..

can only say they are many rich people with no where to throw their money
    Tat's why. Why not launch Ardmore 4 @ woodland and launch it 3000psf. Thrown in gold taps, italian marble......you name it they do it.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear, 15 March 2010 8.25 pm
    So The Vision is selling $1200 psf with no marble floor in living and dining rooms, kitchen & bathrooms & bathrooms walls? Wow! RCR price at OCR furnishing?
    Can we say $1,2xx psf is cheap for The Vision?

If The Estuary in "ulu" Yishun with "not-so-luxurious" fittings can do $9xx psf, what is $1,2xx psf for "super-luxurious" The Vision?

Agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, The Estuary, 17 March 2010 12.32 am
    Oh my god!
    The Estuary starts with a hïgh of $921 psf!
    What was it thinking?
    It wants to join the OCR $1,000+ psf Club?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of February 2010
    Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Estuary ..... OCR ....... 386 ....................... 386 ........................ 921 ............. 757 .............. 633

looks like interest in the Vision has died down in this forum.

does any one have an update? Has the project sold out?

Watching to see what sub-sales can achieve.
    To make the effort worth it, people will want to sell at $1200-$1400 psf.
    Achievable?
    I think not.
    But, of course, I may be proven wrong.
    Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Achievable?
    I think not.
    Wait and see.

Why not? If the west coast area is going to be develop in the future. Give it at least 1 yr i think can be achieve of course not in 3 months time

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Don't understand why some properties in D5 with homogeneous tiles and no-name sanitary wares, taps, and cheap-skate appliances etc can commend even $1200 psf? (let alone more than that?).

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Why not? If the west coast area is going to be develop in the future. Give it at least 1 yr i think can be achieve of course not in 3 months time

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Don't understand why some properties in D5 with homogeneous tiles and no-name sanitary wares, taps, and cheap-skate appliances etc can commend even $1200 psf? (let alone more than that?).
    because your mind is close. you have already drawn a conclusion. what you see as poision, others see as meat.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    looks like interest in the Vision has died down in this forum.

does any one have an update? Has the project sold out?
    when I visited last Sat (20 Mar), most of the released units are sold. left a few low floor 4bd and some 2bds. surprisingly the top floor 2bds have no takers. there is one entire stack of 3bd not launched. and that's the worst stack. houses all sold except 2 units. so by and large, a very successful project. impressive LKS!

the 4bd showflat has the most misleading floor marbles. That marble in the show flat is the huge 1200x1200 textured marble. what's given, as mentioned in the brochure, is "Tiles". Well at least the agent is not dishonest when I ask her if that marble is given ("No that's ID"). The thing is you have to ask every single finishing and ask if it's ID or given. This kind of defeats the purpose of showflat. Floor is one of the most important thing you look at a show flat. I think this is the 1st time I see floor marbles in showflat "are ID only".

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    no-name sanitary wares, taps...
    let's be fair to LKS lah, Hansa is not no-name brand .
    I was actually expecting a builtin sub-zero fridge but well, it wasn't luxurious enough

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    when I visited last Sat (20 Mar), most of the released units are sold. left a few low floor 4bd and some 2bds. surprisingly the top floor 2bds have no takers. there is one entire stack of 3bd not launched. and that's the worst stack. houses all sold except 2 units. so by and large, a very successful project. impressive LKS!

the 4bd showflat has the most misleading floor marbles. That marble in the show flat is the huge 1200x1200 textured marble. what's given, as mentioned in the brochure, is "Tiles". Well at least the agent is not dishonest when I ask her if that marble is given ("No that's ID"). The thing is you have to ask every single finishing and ask if it's ID or given. This kind of defeats the purpose of showflat. Floor is one of the most important thing you look at a show flat. I think this is the 1st time I see floor marbles in showflat "are ID only".
    I was there too, I knew about the tile thing from reading this post but purposely asked the agent whether the marble as shown is given, he replied "yes, it is Italian". I am not sure how many units sold by this guy and buyers are "expecting" the beautiful Italian marble when collecting keys...

Correct. It should be what you see if what you get...(does not include the "accessories"). That is the purpose of the showflat.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The thing is you have to ask every single finishing and ask if it's ID or given. This kind of defeats the purpose of showflat. Floor is one of the most important thing you look at a show flat. I think this is the 1st time I see floor marbles in showflat "are ID only".

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Achievable?
    I think not.
    Wait and see.
    Wad subsale.? Speculators wont touch at high psf for the location,for flipping. Most are home stay buyers.

Even if they are sitting on negative sale. They just stay put, bcoz their obejctive is to stay.

Can speculator stomach the risk to buy 1100psf at the west for flipping.?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Wad subsale.? Speculators wont touch at high psf for the location,for flipping. Most are home stay buyers.

Even if they are sitting on negative sale. They just stay put, bcoz their obejctive is to stay.

Can speculator stomach the risk to buy 1100psf at the west for flipping.?
    Typo,shld be.. Which siao kia wanna touch the project and try to flip 1200-1400psf,when they purchase at 1100psf..? For this location.
    Are they blind to see the upside,or downside for flipping at such psf.?

Pay $1200 psf for homogeneous tiles everywhere in the house in D5 facing the polluted port and pollution from Jurong Island?

Might as well pay $1200 psf for Cube 8 and you get marbles on the floors in the living room, dinning room, kitchen and Master bathroom and also marbles on the walls from floor to ceiling in the Master Bathroom!

How much can those Hansa taps and shower system costs vs replacing with these marbles?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    because your mind is close. you have already drawn a conclusion. what you see as poision, others see as meat.

I was at the show flats yesterday and very surprised to see the huge crowd despite of the rain.

1. Location : very inconvenient, cannot find market / shopping areas to settle the daily needs
    2. Misrepresented showflats : The ID work is terribly misleading. What a good gesture from the developer to have "Crystal" light in the bathroom? I called the crystal as glass. The marble is a truly misrepresentation.
    3. The taste of the wallrobe : with that odd type of colour skin, how is one going to design the bedrooms?
    4. Site plan : the road around the estate is a very cheap design, why the basement carpark is not entrance at the gate and still there are some carparks at the ground level.
    5. Finish quality of the LKS's project : take a good look of the past project, hopefully, this one is not a repeat of the past.
    6. The view is nothing great to shut about, containing area, air is of sub-quality

Well, I went down but I have a different opinion though.

The finishing is good but doesn’t justify its price tag. Don’t forget, a suburban is always a suburban.
    For its 2 bedroom, nice layout. Not much space wasted as compared to some other developments.
    IMO, no view. Those who say is seaview do not know what is seaview.
    Containers are a big turn off in front of your condo and not forgetting the pollution from the tankers.
    Easy supper. 24 hours mac just opposite and 24 hours prata shops within walking distance.
    Near to AYE but sad to say, no where near the MRT which I was told by the agent. In fact, they shouldn’t even use the word near to MRT. There is NO MRT around.
    Upside potential if the port in front is redeveloped but have to take note that Punggol 21 has been announced for more than 10 years but still nothing yet.
    Quiet estate which I prefer but it means not much amenities around.

I guess it caters for different market.

Agree. It is for different market.
    The surrounding in West Coast Area is a vast contrast from Clement town and you cab walk to the west coast park to jog or watch sunset in the evening or Sort of layback lifestyle.Nevermind if no mrt because most familiea there would have car/s.

That's is probably why condo like Varsity park, Blue Horizon, Stellar and soon Clementiwoods are attracting many expats and locals to stay. They must have like the convenience.. If not they will not be paying high rent or price for their unit, right?

I don't know why people keep saying the west coast area is no good, because of jurong island.

how about pulau bukom, the site of the shell refinery and chemical plants? this island is very close to sentosa island and tanjong pagar. but that does not deter rich people from buying bungalows and luxury condos there.

I just saw a big flare up at the chimney on Pulau bukom. I think it is as bad as jurong island.

Not saying that west coast area is perfect for bringing up kids. but you guys must be fair when you criticize the west coast area.

Cheung Kong spokesperson said property bubble is good. No bubble they cannot sell and cannot up their prices.

Pity the people holding the baby when bubble burst.

But then developers have no responsibility towards buyers.

Caveat emptor. Albeit a little late, as 210 units sold already.

Buyers better hope bubble don't burst.

I don't know why people keep saying the west coast area is no good, because of jurong island.

how about pulau bukom, the site of the shell refinery and chemical plants? this island is very close to sentosa island and tanjong pagar. but that does not deter rich people from buying bungalows and luxury condos there.

I just saw a big flare up at the chimney on Pulau bukom. I think it is as bad as jurong island.

Not saying that west coast area is perfect for bringing up kids. but you guys must be fair when you criticize the west coast area.
    obviously you don't understand the wind direction.. anyway if anything bad happens, they could be both affected. The folks buying Sentosa are probably rich folks who use them as vacation homes... how about west coast?

Same goes for Jurong West... and Taman Jurong area... they are considered no no by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    obviously you don't understand the wind direction.. anyway if anything bad happens, they could be both affected. The folks buying Sentosa are probably rich folks who use them as vacation homes... how about west coast?

Same goes for Jurong West... and Taman Jurong area... they are considered no no by some.
    yes, I know nothing about directions of wind in Singapore. but I know this: If there is an industrial accident at one of those islands, the whole island will be affected. In fact, given how high the smokestacks are, it can be argued that the further away, the great will be the fallout. the safest place is the spot right under the smokestacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Well, I went down but I have a different opinion though.

The finishing is good but doesn’t justify its price tag. Don’t forget, a suburban is always a suburban.
    For its 2 bedroom, nice layout. Not much space wasted as compared to some other developments.
    IMO, no view. Those who say is seaview do not know what is seaview.
    Containers are a big turn off in front of your condo and not forgetting the pollution from the tankers.
    Easy supper. 24 hours mac just opposite and 24 hours prata shops within walking distance.
    Near to AYE but sad to say, no where near the MRT which I was told by the agent. In fact, they shouldn’t even use the word near to MRT. There is NO MRT around.
    Upside potential if the port in front is redeveloped but have to take note that Punggol 21 has been announced for more than 10 years but still nothing yet.
    Quiet estate which I prefer but it means not much amenities around.

I guess it caters for different market.

i agree that the so called seaview is no big deal ...

similarly ..some of the houses/condos in sentosa ..has view of PSA shipyard .. that doesnt stop the price from going higher

strange right ?

Just take my example of "Vision" vs "Cube 8" both selling at about same price (or even if Cube 8 sells at 10% more than Vision), which is a better choice?

Vision vs Cube 8
    District = D5 (OCR) vs D11 (CCR)
    Drive to Orchard = 30 mins? vs 3 mins
    Drive to CBD = 25 mins? vs 8 mins
    Drive to Vivocity = 20 mins? vs 15 mins
    Walk to MRT? = Too far vs ~1km walk (Novena MRT station)
    Amenites? = Not sure vs ~1km (Novena Square, United Square, Square 2)
    Quality of flooring = Mass market (homo tiles) vs Mid-market (marbles mostly)

"Pay $1200 psf for homogeneous tiles everywhere in the house in D5 facing the polluted port and pollution from Jurong Island?

Might as well pay $1200 psf for Cube 8 and you get marbles on the floors in the living room, dinning room, kitchen and Master bathroom and also marbles on the walls from floor to ceiling in the Master Bathroom!

How much can those Hansa taps and shower system costs vs replacing with these marbles? "