Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vision coming soon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Just came back from the showflat. Tower 2 has been almost completely sold out. Tower 1, which houses all those 3 bedders, are about 60% sold out.

The cluster houses are more than 50% gone.

I was amazed by how wealthy singaporeans are.
    Clap clap clap. 150 units already sold!
    The showroom decor n marble floorings are indeed impressive but still can't believe it worth that high, close to $1100 psf for the 2 bedders.
    Many aspired to be LKS!!! Banzai

What industry has no future? Some of these companies just completed building their chemical plants in Jurong Island and some planing more new plants. Once these plants are built, they would have to operate for at least 30 years because of the high capital expenditure (which they would have already taken into consideration over 30 years). Anybody who hopes or want to get these heavy industries out of Jurong will have to wait at least another 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i posted in the forum before ...

once an industry has no future ..even if a lot of money has been spent on it ... when its time to go, it willl go ..

how much money have we spent on Soo Zhou project ?

in the end what happened ? we still L L 'get the hell out of there' ..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    Just came back from the showflat. Tower 2 has been almost completely sold out. Tower 1, which houses all those 3 bedders, are about 60% sold out.

The cluster houses are more than 50% gone.

I was amazed by how wealthy singaporeans are.
    The showroom decor n marble floorings are indeed impressive but still can't believe it worth that high, close to $1100 psf for the 2 bedders.
    Despite my faith in the Propertism religion, I am surprised.

It's a strange feeling to see West Coast launched successfully at $1,100 psf.

There seem to be a fountain of buyers that gush out of nowhere, whenever a new condo is launched.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Despite my faith in the Propertism religion, I am surprised.

It's a strange feeling to see West Coast launched successfully at $1,100 psf.

There seem to be a fountain of buyers that gush out of nowhere, whenever a new condo is launched.

When buyers start to throng showrooms in herds, they have the tendency to buy with their heart and not their brains. Kudos to LKS for their relentless effort on their ID and superb marble furnishing...i would say judging with the sales result it is akin to glue sniffing, see marble flooring everywhere, one becomes damn high and felt the urge to offer cheque to buy a unit otherwise will regret for life. Surprised to see so many local buyers and onslaught of red army making a killing in this development

The selling point was rental. The rental for 2 bdrm at blue horizon is ave 3.4k. That works out to >4% pa after deducting misc for blue horizon. So the target is about 4% as well for vision. ROI works out to be good. So rental in Pasir Panjang area is pretty good. Because plot ration around that area is 1.4 with max height of 5. except for blue horizon and vision, thus fewer condos and less competition. Watch out for horizon residence by FEO.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    The selling point was rental. The rental for 2 bdrm at blue horizon is ave 3.4k. That works out to >4% pa after deducting misc for blue horizon. So the target is about 4% as well for vision. ROI works out to be good. So rental in Pasir Panjang area is pretty good. Because plot ration around that area is 1.4 with max height of 5. except for blue horizon and vision, thus fewer condos and less competition. Watch out for horizon residence by FEO.
    Large mass market condo units don't always offer the most bang for the buck. City Regency high floor 1BR (484sf) was offered rental 2.75k and guess how much it was bought for only < 500k.

Most buyers are not certain whether they are buying for investment or own stay - they think either way is fine. The truth is one can't sit on the fence if he expects to milk the greatest return from his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Kudos to LKS for their relentless effort on their ID and superb marble furnishing...
    exactly! that's what I said earlier. LKS's marketing strategy is very successful : " sure we are 40% more expensive than Blue Horizon next door. OF COURSE WE ARE, because WE ARE A LUXURY development, yours is NOT". In HK he successfully sold many overpriced projects in areas dominated by relatively cheaper alternatives. The way to do it is to plant that "we are higher class than you" image into the buyers. Hongkongers are very snobbish. So that idea works very well. The same formula seems to be working well here too.

I'm keenly looking forward to his next "high class" development in Upper Thomson road. I want to see what kind of spin he will be doing.

This just means one thing.

Blue horizon owners would probably increase their selling price 900 and above.

All the properties in the west is going up!! Suddenly 1400psf for
    the west area doesn't look too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    exactly! that's what I said earlier. LKS's marketing strategy is very successful : " sure we are 40% more expensive than Blue Horizon next door. OF COURSE WE ARE, because WE ARE A LUXURY development, yours is NOT". In HK he successfully sold many overpriced projects in areas dominated by relatively cheaper alternatives. The way to do it is to plant that "we are higher class than you" image into the buyers. Hongkongers are very snobbish. So that idea works very well. The same formula seems to be working well here too.

I'm keenly looking forward to his next "high class" development in Upper Thomson road. I want to see what kind of spin he will be doing.
    but his marina bay suites did not sell expensive leh

Well, another City Regency unit of 585 sq ft only gets rented at $1,200 per month in Jan-10. The owner bought for $630k - the yield is 1.8%. Most 1 bedder rental market is in the $1k+ range. Do check your facts and numbers. Mass market units fetch higher rental yields generally. You can check actual rental data from SISV.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Large mass market condo units don't always offer the most bang for the buck. City Regency high floor 1BR (484sf) was offered rental 2.75k and guess how much it was bought for only < 500k.

Most buyers are not certain whether they are buying for investment or own stay - they think either way is fine. The truth is one can't sit on the fence if he expects to milk the greatest return from his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Well, another City Regency unit of 585 sq ft only gets rented at $1,200 per month in Jan-10. The owner bought for $630k - the yield is 1.8%. Most 1 bedder rental market is in the $1k+ range. Do check your facts and numbers. Mass market units fetch higher rental yields generally. You can check actual rental data from SISV.
    $1200 per month seems rather low for a studio in City Regency. Went to check propertyguru website. Average advertised rate for rent of studio apartment is about $2400 pm.

Can someone verify which figure is correct as the discrepancy is simply too large.

Why not u go SISV or streetsine? These websites will show the actual transacted rentals - and yes, the studios are only fetching that low a rental. Propertyguru is just asking price for goodness sake - u can also ask whatever u want.

Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    $1200 per month seems rather low for a studio in City Regency. Went to check propertyguru website. Average advertised rate for rent of studio apartment is about $2400 pm.

Can someone verify which figure is correct as the discrepancy is simply too large.

The buyers may be carried away by the high quality finishing. There are no high-rise buildings for them to view the surroundings. Refineries and container ports are in close proximity that they can experience the soot on their glass, windscreen and balcony. Some buildings on the ridge in NUS has a perfect view to these chimneys. It is rather scary with flaring at night.

Quote Originally Posted by jsh

It is true, just check streetsine ... range from 1k to 1272 (Jan 2010) for rental of a City Regency studio. $2400pm can rent 2br Astoria Park @ Kembangan just next to MRT ...or slightly above $3k can get you a 678sqft Citylights near Lavender MRT
    Last edited by jitkiat; 14-03-10 at 18:55.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

To buy a suburb at $1100 psf and smell the chemicals and gases from Jurong Island and get only 4% yield, might as well buy something like say Amaryllis Ville, current transactions $1100-$1300 psf. If take ave $1200 psf, median rental is about $4.35 psf pm or 4.35% and you get to live in prime D11 and 2 mins by car to Orchard Road, 5 mins to CBD. (This is 1 of the few really undervalued properties in D11 if you look at nearby Lincoln Suites selling $1800-$2200+ psf, L'ViV selling $1900-$2200 psf, Trilight selling $1700-1900 psf... )

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sorry bro but my info is first hand and not from SISV. There is no 585sf size in City Regency. Talk about 'check your facts and numbers'. I rest my case, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    It is true, just check streetsine ... range from 1k to 1272 (Jan 2010) for rental of a City Regency studio. $2400pm can rent 2br Astoria Park @ Kembangan just next to MRT ...or slightly above $3k can get you a 678sqft Citylights near Lavender MRT
    That's just one case of 'fire rent'. If you look at the graph for the whole year period that is the ultra exception - plus I really doubt it is accurate.

In any case, if you guys insist to refer to inaccurate data, go ahead. Check out the screenshot below of the exact 'SISV' data you referred to. FYI City Regency TOP only in Dec 09. Where are the figures for rent obtained from prior to that - I really wonder. Go figure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePig, SkyscraperCity, 15 March 2010 11.37 am
    Yesterday, went to The Vision to investigate and kaypoh a bit...

When I step out of the car, I immediately hear PRC standing outside the showflat talking on his mobile phones... more PRCs were heard in the showflat...

strange thing... all the higher and bigger units gone first... the 4 bedders only left with 2nd and 4th floor and the terrace houses only left with 1 unit...

the agent from Savills told me majority (more than 70%) of buyers are Singaporeans... so many rich Singaporeans around...
    Wow! 70%? Bravo!
    We have so many rich NSmen to challenge the PLA(Property Liberation Army)'s comrades?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, New Project @ D19, 18 February 2010 1.14 pm
    Well! Congratulations! Your wish has certainly come true.

With a hïgh of $1,246 psf, Residences Botanique has not only set a nëw hïgh for District 19 but has also just joined the OCR $1,200+ psf Club (whose members include Centro Residences, Trevista, Hundred Trees, Meadows @ Pierce, Serangoon Avenue 3 and Upper Thomson Road).

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
    Project Name .......... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Residences Botanique . OCR ........ 42 ........................ 32 ......................... 1,246 ........... 1,015 ............ 844
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, New Project @ D19, 18 February 2010 4.13 pm
    Sorry! My bad!
    Glasgow Residence has the honour of setting the nëw hïgh for District 19 with $1,285 psf - not Residences Botanique.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
    Project Name ...... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Glasgow Residence . OCR ....... 6 .......................... 6 ........................... 1,285 ........... 1,219 ........... 959
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, New Project @ D19, 15 March 2010 2.57 pm
    Please be prepare to vacate the OCR $1,200+ psf Club (whose members include Residences Botanique, Glasgow Residences, The Vision, Centro Residences, Trevista, Hundred Trees, Meadows @ Pierce, Serangoon Avenue 3 and Upper Thomson Road) soon!

We may need to rename it to OCR $1,300+ psf Club soon!

Why? What do you mean by why?
    Look!
    The nëw hïgh for District 19 is now $1,333 psf - not $1,2xx psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of February 2010
    Project Name .......... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Residences Botanique . OCR ....... 135 ....................... 11 .......................... 1,333 ........... 1,063 ........... 910
    I seriously do not understand why some forumers questioned The Vision hitting high of $1,2xx psf!
    Is that such a big deal?

Let me ask these forumers 2 questions:
    1. Is District-5 The Vision inferior to District-19 Residences Botanique?
    2. Why should The Vision's high be lower than Residences Botanique's high of $1,333 psf?

Why?
    Why?

Anyone knows who did the ID for the showflat? Looks quite nice...

Quote Originally Posted by kumkeet
    Anyone knows who did the ID for the showflat? Looks quite nice...
    FYI the marble on the walls of all rooms will not be included in the actual unit The showroom decor n finishing somehow deceiving if you don't ask the detail .

wow, normally buyers wouldn't expect marble walls to be included so i hope no one bought thinking that it would.

FYI the marble on the walls of all rooms will not be included in the actual unit The showroom decor n finishing somehow deceiving if you don't ask the detail .

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So The Vision is selling $1200 psf with no marble floor in living and dining rooms, kitchen & bathrooms & bathrooms walls? Wow! RCR price at OCR furnishing?

The sale brochure says that the floors are made of "selected stones." huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    ... Some buildings on the ridge in NUS has a perfect view to these chimneys. It is rather scary with flaring at night.
    The flaring is quite pretty.

What is dangerous are the particles too small to see.

The sale brochure says that the floors are made of "selected stones." huh?
    Hey interesting... I just looked at my copy of brochure n noticed the description for the flooring is overlayed by a label saying "Selected stones". When I peeled that label off it was printed "tiles"!!!
    Now I m wondering if LKS strategy of luxury brand was a last minute inclusion...

Of the villas only one left.
    The condo sold 225 units out of 280(?).
    And I thought CK would not be able to pull it off.

Hey interesting... I just looked at my copy of brochure n noticed the description for the flooring is overlayed by a label saying "Selected stones". When I peeled that label off it was printed "tiles"!!!
    Now I m wondering if LKS strategy of luxury brand was a last minute inclusion...
    Stones, hmmm...got many types...I wonder what type of "stone" the buyers finally get to walk on?

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Stones, hmmm...got many types...I wonder what type of "stone" the buyers finally get to walk on?
    kidney stones

or gemstones?

kidney stones

or gemstones?
    sparkling stones in the showroom's kitchen very impressive though