Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vision coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Went to view today, sales is quite good, looking at the board about 1/2 of those released units were sold when I was there this morning.

The cheapest is of course the small 2 bedder type A3 #03-03 818sqft, after 5% early bird discount is $809400. Same stack #15-03 is $879400.

3 bedder, #06-06 is 1.34mil, #02-06 is 1.236mil, both 1302sqft.

Finishing is good with marble everywhere, 3 bedders come with those special rain showers and the bathroom comes with hanging crystals as decor. Everything is included in the kitchen including the fridge.

Hmm..I wonder who are these buyers...maybe Mr Li's friends supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by saab
    So #15 high 2 bdroom = $1075 psf..... not so bad right? If for own stay after comparing closeness to CBD (sentosa and marina)....about 8-10 mins drive away...but others are snatching up altez at around $2000 psf at around #15....i tot quite reasonable lah....
    All higher floors seems above $1k psf.. Wonder how much is the highest floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    All higher floors seems above $1k psf.. Wonder how much is the highest floor.
    I also asked about #32-03 829sqft....price after 5% discount is $1065300.

CheungKong is famed for exquisite fine finish.

just past by n realize so many agents crowding around than customers

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Exclus...at+The+Vision/

Here's a look at the showroom.

For me, I think this project is overpriced. The mini 2 bedder should be around 700k to 900k to be a more "correct" price.

wah, according to the 2nd photo in this h88 link, 70+ already SOLD OUT!
    crazy market, crazy people...

quote=azeoprop]http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Exclus...at+The+Vision/

Here's a look at the showroom.

For me, I think this project is overpriced. The mini 2 bedder should be around 700k to 900k to be a more "correct" price.[/quote]

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Exclusive: Sneak peek at The Vision
    H88
    Friday, 12 March 2010, 17:50

The much-awaited West Coast condo - The Vision - has opened it's doors! We have an exclusive sneak peek at the showroom as well as the all important - PRICE!

Well, it wasn't as crowded as Yishun's The Estuary, but units were selling rather well. Just take a look at this (slightly-blurry) chart, most of the top floor units released were already sold. We think there's a bit of a demand for condos in the West.

Sales Chart:

Lot of red stickers.

The developers - Hong Kong's Cheung Kong Property Development - have decided to play the "lux" card with the finishing (marble floors) and the price (see below), which is quite surprising given that they bought this piece of land at a very low price back in May 2008. Kudos to them for excellent launch timing given the festive-buying climate we have seen in early 2010. The developers are, after all from the land of property - Hong Kong.

Here are some quick condo details:
    District: 5
    Tenure: 99 years
    Estimated TOP: Mid 2013
    Floors: 33
    Units: 295 total, 2BR (93), 3BR (154), 4BR (32), PH (2), Strata House (14)
    Typical Sizes:
    2BR (853, 954, 949 sqft)
    3BR (1304- 2200 sqft)
    4BR (1641 - 2365 sqft)
    Penthouse (2773 sqft)
    Strata Houses (4467 - 4855 sqft)

Is condo mania here again?

View of from 25th floor of Blk 717 Clementi West St 2 (Facing East):

The Vision site and Blue Horizon in the background.

View from 8th floor of Blk 716 (Facing South):

West Coast park is the green you see. To your bottom right is the industrial area and the shipyard.

Here's the all important price:

You have heard right. Prices are going for around $1,100 psf on average for the condo units. The landed units are moving at about $600psf.

904sqft 2BR units are selling in the range of $1,120 psf - $1,260 psf, taking the total quantum to just over the $1M mark. A 1,259sqft 3BR is going for about $1,050psf, or about $1.3m.

So that's waaaay past the initial estimate of $750 - 800psf. This is no mass market unit!

Seeing that the developers bought the plot for about $305 psf ppr, they are making a very sizable profit here!

Looking at next door's Blue Horizon (2005, 99-year), URA caveats in Feb 2010 showed prices at an average of $797 psf. The Vision is asking for a good $300 psf more.

First thoughts

This pricing is rather ambitious for a 99-year condo in the West don't you think? IR or no IR, this is neither Caribbean at Keppel Bay nor Reflections at Keppel, this essentially is a condo in Clementi.

Default Luxury condominium at West Coast sells out all 100 units reserved for opening sale


    Crazy buyers???

Luxury condominium at West Coast sells out all 100 units reserved for opening sale

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...043248/1/.html

Luxury condominium at West Coast sells out all 100 units reserved for opening sale
    Ryan Huang
    Channel NewsAsia
    Friday, 12 March 2010, 2155 hrs

The luxury seafront condominium The Vision at the West Coast has received good response.

All of the 100 units allocated for its first phase of sale on the opening day of its private preview have been sold.

Prices for the 2-bedroom to 4-bedroom units range from around S$1,000 psf to S$1,200 psf.

All the penthouse units have also been snapped up fetching S$3.6 million each.

The 99-year leasehold condominium by Hong Kong developer Cheung Kong offers a rare mix of strata terraces and 281 apartments.

Nearly half of the 14 strata terrace units were sold with the highest going for S$3.2 million.

Cheung Kong said that over 60% of the buyers were home upgraders while the remaining were long-term investors in the property leasing market.

In view of the strong demand, it will be release 20 specially selected units for sale this weekend on a first-come-first-served basis.

These will comprise 2-bedroom to 4-bedroom units.


    Crazy buyers???

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...043248/1/.html
    Thats not surprising...I was there in the morning and the chart already has alot of "sold out" sticker, then h88 photo shows even more, so by tonight should be all gone. Crazy buyers indeed.

Thats not surprising...I was there in the morning and the chart already has alot of "sold out" sticker, then h88 photo shows even more, so by tonight should be all gone. Crazy buyers indeed.
    SO FUNNY, before there are still people saying high here high there...and land how much....plus construction how much....blah blah blah....and before even they understand what they saying and the thread get any longer....all 100 units preview gone!!! Aiyo

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    hey reports said that majority are hdb upgraders... Mr Li has hdb friends meh?

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Mr Li Ka-shing used to be quite poor, selling plastic flowers for a living, maybe these hdb friends are from those days and they come to support him now.

Quote Originally Posted by saab
    SO FUNNY, before there are still people saying high here high there...and land how much....plus construction how much....blah blah blah....and before even they understand what they saying and the thread get any longer....all 100 units preview gone!!! Aiyo
    People may talk down the development as too expensive , lousy location ,too noisy , lousy view & so forth. But ultimately its the market that decides whether a development is worth buying at that price.

So the sales figures have proven that people find this property worth buying for whatever reasons they think.

Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    People may talk down the development as too expensive , lousy location ,too noisy , lousy view & so forth. But ultimately its the market that decides whether a development is worth buying at that price.

So the sales figures have proven that people find this property worth buying for whatever reasons they think.
    in 2006 i predicted that district 1-5 would catch up with 9 10 11

so far it has proven right .. D1 surpassed 9 10 11 and 3/4/5, esp D4 is doing very well ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in 2006 i predicted that district 1-5 would catch up with 9 10 11

so far it has proven right .. D1 surpassed 9 10 11 and 3/4/5, esp D4 is doing very well ..
    Isnt there's some upcoming business district in jurong and paya lebar in 2015..?? Perhap the future projection is pushing up prices in the west as well..

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Isnt there's some upcoming business district in jurong and paya lebar in 2015..?? Perhap the future projection is pushing up prices in the west as well..
    with or without ... the west has its charm ..

near city .. partial coastal view .. hilly .. LOW PLOT RATIO .. virgin, unexplored ..

singapore is slowly but surely moving away from too much manual activities kind of industries ...

i even believe SHIPPING will eventually disappear completely in singapore .. not immediately but will be .. in my life time

near city .. partial coastal view .. hilly .. LOW PLOT RATIO .. virgin, unexplored
    Yup, West Coast that is.

Side track abit. Ever stayed at Centris @ Jurong Point before and it was a mess over there. Heavy traffic (buses, lorries, endless honks, noise from MRT) and far from any civilization. If you work in the city and drive, AYE or PIE takes almost 30mins every morning due to the distance and jams outside JP and before the highway. The only good thing there is the mall

It's much faster from West Coast to the Lakeside District than from Centris

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

1 thing for sure - the Jurong Island refineries and chemical manufacturing complexes will not disappear for the next 30 years! (Because of the heavy capital expenditure, these plants once built will have to remain for at least 30 years). The reason why the Western side will never match the price of the central and the East Coast (even though there is a West Coast) are because of the pollutions coming from there.

near city .. partial coastal view .. hilly .. LOW PLOT RATIO .. virgin, unexplored ..

singapore is slowly but surely moving away from too much manual activities kind of industries ...

i even believe SHIPPING will eventually disappear completely in singapore .. not immediately but will be .. in my life time

I am speechless.
    Cos I am one of those who thought sure cannot sell at that price.
    Did not know there are so many people who like the West Coast so much.
    Blue Horizon can up their asking now.
    And so can I.

...double post...

Quote Originally Posted by jsh, 13 March 2010 5.32 am
    Quote Originally Posted by saab, 12 March 2010 11.26 pm

Did you see how they whacked The Shore Residences and Estuary?

I almost wanted to tell them off in that 2 related threads. Anyway, I managed to control myself and subtlely hinted them in both threads.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    1 thing for sure - the Jurong Island refineries and chemical manufacturing complexes will not disappear for the next 30 years! (Because of the heavy capital expenditure, these plants once built will have to remain for at least 30 years). .
    i posted in the forum before ...

once an industry has no future ..even if a lot of money has been spent on it ... when its time to go, it willl go ..

how much money have we spent on Soo Zhou project ?

in the end what happened ? we still L L 'get the hell out of there' ..

At 1200psf, wouldn't resale units at SouthBank, Metropolitan, Citylights (near MRT for the above) or even freehold One Amber a better choice. If want to buy new @ west side can get 99LH Interlace high floor with seaview right? The HDB upgraders there definitely bought too ex.

192 Depot Road #14-24
    99 Yrs From 11/02/2009
    $964
    $1680k
    19 Jan 10
    222 Depot Road #16-79
    99 Yrs From 11/02/2009
    $1056
    $1977k
    18 Jan 10

Anybody with floor plan, is the layout decent?

Haha..ok..I underestimated these hdb upgraders who are keen to pay such prices at this location. Maybe they have some info we are not aware of?

Congrats to all Blue Horizon owners..you can certainly ask for higher price than before..

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    At 1200psf, wouldn't resale units at ....
    The most important part of LKS's strategy: low quantum PLUS a false sense of "luxury". Higher PSF never mind. Even at 1k+ psf, a high floor 3bd is barely 1.3M. That's quite affordable for upgraders, and in total sum still cheaper than all the projects you mentioned above. In HK they can even make a 1000 sqft 3bd, and people already accepted it. Sooner or later SG will be like HK, where 1000 sqft 3bd is a norm, and S$1000 psf is mass market.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud, SkyscarperCity, 13 March 2010 3.38 pm
    Just came back from Vision showroom. Nicely done. Everytime a sale transact the HK announcer will blare over the PA system and all the agents clap clap clap...

But really selling very well. Like hot cakes man!
    HongKong announcer: "The Vision at West Coast Crescent is now ...... percent sold!"

Showroom: Clap! Clap! Clap!

Based on fundamentals, mass market should start converging with prime prices because rental yields is still much higher than prime. Future potential is also higher which means greater upside for capital appreciation. So from both yield + capital appreciation perspective, the suburbs currently will outperform prime condos where all the developments are realised. Fundamentals esp yields, have to take over at some point. At least this project has good size units that are still moving. One should only be worried if the developer starts building 100% mickey mouse units or 2-bedders to keep quantum low and push up PSF = > that is the biggest indicator of bubbly prices as developers themselves are not confident of selling normal units anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The most important part of LKS's strategy: low quantum PLUS a false sense of "luxury". Higher PSF never mind. Even at 1k+ psf, a high floor 3bd is barely 1.3M. That's quite affordable for upgraders, and in total sum still cheaper than all the projects you mentioned above. In HK they can even make a 1000 sqft 3bd, and people already accepted it. Sooner or later SG will be like HK, where 1000 sqft 3bd is a norm, and S$1000 psf is mass market.

Just came back from the showflat. Tower 2 has been almost completely sold out. Tower 1, which houses all those 3 bedders, are about 60% sold out.

The cluster houses are more than 50% gone.

I was amazed by how wealthy singaporeans are.