Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vision coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    It will go for sure.. just when.

No need to Decontaminate.. its not that they have nuclear waste or something.. maybe small oils spills here and there..

The wait could be a generation or two or more or almost immediate if the planners want them to be immediate. Have a bet.
    Anything is possible, if course. the fact they are expanding the port rather than shrinking it makes it a child's play to guess that the planners intend to keep the port running for many many years to come.

It will go for sure.. just when.

No need to Decontaminate.. its not that they have nuclear waste or something.. maybe small oils spills here and there..

You have to look at the old Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong for what i mean about decontamination. Whilst there was not much physical waste to speak of it took a long time to clear the way for redevelopment.

There was a lot of nasty chemicals and stuff, and toxic sludge just off the sides so it would be the same with the older port berths here.

Tanjong Pagar will be the first to go since the lease will be up soon. There are already much talk on redeveloping this area and that prime office area will be relocated there eventually from Shenton Way.

As for nearby Keppel (started operation in the 80s) and Brani (operational in the early 90s), these 2 terminals are newer and probably their initial construction costs will not be fully depreciated in the short run. It takes billions to construct the port terminals and also dredging to maintain appropriate depth for the huge container vessels to berth. So I expect PSA to continue running them at least for another 20 years. There is no pressing demand to re-use the land there anyway.

Phase 3 & 4 of Pasir Panjang Terminal will probably create the capacity to handle the container volume from Tanjong Pagar. So when Pasir Panjang is fully operational in 2020 with phase 3 & 4 completed, Tanjong Pagar will definitely close by then.

In my opinion, the current study on the feasibility of constructing a future container terminal in Tuas is more to replace Keppel and Brani in may be 2030-2050.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail
    Tanjong Pagar, Keppel and Brani sit on the primest of prime land. So, there will be huge amounts of decontamination to be done after closure but moving this "industry" away from downtown is key in the long term prosperity of the city.

These terminals are getting older and older and it won't be long before they have past their useful life, costing more in upkeep than investing in new ones. The machinery cannot be maintained forever.

wesing: interesting......brings me further up to speed as well, thanks.
    I don't think HK or NY has shifted their ports? They are on valuable land too...

Anyway, I don't think distance to ports has any implications on property value. Otherwise, Pasir Panjiang area would not be selling at current price levels now. =)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyuan
    I don't think HK or NY has shifted their ports? They are on valuable land too...

Actually it might not be too long before HK also considers moving some of its terminals from the Kwai Chung area.....especially after building the new bridge that limits the size of vessels that can enter the harbour.

They can consider moving spase to Lantau Island and there is talk alive yet that T10 is continuing in their plans. It is the shift from "city" ports to outlaying areas following the general trend of airports worldwide. Also consider that the owners of the bulk of HK terminals are also major investors and owners of ports in Southern China....Shenzhen, Chiwan etc. and this would be similar to PSA buying PTP in JB.

Stranger things have happened.

So confirm the preview this coming weekend?

Just heard that Horizon in Pasir Panjang will be launching at more than 1500psf ! I banged my head for not grabbing a unit in Maylea

Is this true ???

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Cheung Kong launching luxury condominium at West Coast
    Ryan Huang
    Channel NewsAsia
    Wednesday, 10 March 2010, 2142 hrs

Hong Kong property giant Cheung Kong is launching a luxury condominium at West Coast.

It is hoping to ride on the bright outlook for the high-end residential property segment, with an expected pickup in the leasing market and demand from expatriates.

This latest project by Cheung Kong promises to stand out from neighbouring developments.

When completed, the waterfront condominium will be the only luxury residence in the area. And it will comprise an unusual mix of strata terrace homes and apartment units.

Cheung Kong is optimistic the project will attract interest.

Cannas Ho, sales manager, Cheung Kong, said: "We see this need and demand for high-end residences in this area. And also, there are new developments coming up, just like Sentosa Resorts World, which is just 10 minutes drive from our site, and also there will be a new commercial hub called One North nearby, and there are lot of international companies, IT companies.

"The leasing market is very strong in this area. There will also be the new Circle Line station just around, and this also further enhances the leasing value of this property."

While small-sized units are popular among investors, they will not be found at The Vision. Cheung Kong has opted for relatively larger units with 3- to 5-bedrooms.

Some analysts said this may make it less attractive to investors.

Colin Tan, Head of Research and Consultancy, Chesterton Suntec International, said: "The market now is dominated by investors, so if your project is tailored towards investors, you will do well. In this market, I wouldn't say the price is too much of a hurdle, but maybe the unit sizes.

"Normally for developers who are aiming at the investors market, they tend to make the unit smaller. In this case, these units are a bit larger than the usual sizes, so that may pose a problem for some investors. Investors generally tend to prefer smaller projects, because they feel that it is easier to flip over."

The Vision is sold on a 99-year leasehold and will be initially priced at about S$1,000 psf to S$1,200 psf.

The strata terraces will be sold on a "best offer" basis from interested parties.

The first phase of some 100 units will be launched this Friday, and completion is scheduled for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy, 10 March 2010 8.36 pm
    Just heard that Horizon in Pasir Panjang will be launching at more than 1500psf ! I banged my head for not grabbing a unit in Maylea

Is this true ???
    Compared with Horizon's $1,500 psf, The Vision seems cheap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Compared with Horizon's $1,500 psf, The Vision seems cheap now.
    Most probably this price is valid for the first 10 floors only....

This evening I dont see agents lining West Coast Cresent anymore

Yup, and when the ports do move... they are prime condo lands which are new 99 LH... who would want a 20 yr old condo that is visionary to the buyers who bought them to 20 yrs ago. Perhaps they are saved if the new condo land were to be sold at a very very high cost, which results in the baseline pricing of condo to be raised until the visionaries are winners too. Must wait long long though..

agree

the same argument goes to that Altez ? at tanjong pagar ...selling at a future price ... one where Keppel is no longer where it is now ... which would be say another 15-20 yrs ?

Yup, and when the ports do move... they are prime condo lands which are new 99 LH... who would want a 20 yr old condo that is visionary to the buyers who bought them to 20 yrs ago. Perhaps they are saved if the new condo land were to be sold at a very very high cost, which results in the baseline pricing of condo to be raised until the visionaries are winners too. Must wait long long though..
    Congratulations!

You have seen the light in Propertism - the belief that property prices will always go up in the long term, simply because paper money will lose all its value.

Let me help all here to visualise a future post appearing in CONDOSingapore.com ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter's Grandson

Prices of The Vision cross $6000psf on 'PSA-Centro-effect'
    The Edge
    5 October 2059

There’s been a spurt in sales at The Vision in West Coast recently with prices crossing $6000 psf.

Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “PSA-Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit PSA-Centro Residences in West Coast Road.

Units there have been sold at an average of $11,790 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis.

Far East had successfully tendered for this plot of land in 2056 for $5,000 psf ppr, after the PSA vacated the port and shifted to Tuas.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx, 11 March 2010 1.39 am
    Congratulations!

You have seen the light in Propertism - the belief that property prices will always go up in the long term, simply because paper money will lose all its value.

Let me help all here to visualise a future post appearing in CONDOSingapore.com ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter's Grandson, October 2059

Prices of The Vision cross $6000psf on 'PSA-Centro-effect'
    The Edge
    5 October 2059

There’s been a spurt in sales at The Vision in West Coast recently with prices crossing $6000 psf.

Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “PSA-Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit PSA-Centro Residences in West Coast Road.

Units there have been sold at an average of $11,790 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis.

Far East had successfully tendered for this plot of land in 2056 for $5,000 psf ppr, after the PSA vacated the port and shifted to Tuas.
    Err ... will this forum still be around for my grandson to participate?

luxury or crap finishing does not warrant e price factor of the property. why don't launch Ardmore 4 @ Woodlands and sells 2000psf.

At e end of e day, still location.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy

Is this true ???
    Haven launched yet though. and its by FEO. so pricing tentatively on the higher end.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    luxury or crap finishing does not warrant e price factor of the property. why don't launch Ardmore 4 @ Woodlands and sells 2000psf.

At e end of e day, still location.
    Location is excellent. 10 minutes to vivocity and 20 minutes to raffles place.

The only thing bad is that it is right next to the highway. and the view is marred by all those cranes in the harbour.

for me my definition of excellent location is CCR ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    luxury or crap finishing does not warrant e price factor of the property. .
    hey nowadays, S$1000 psf *IS* the mass market pricing

In HK, HK$5500 is the price for Yuen Long. You know how far it is ? Compared with that, Vision's location is considered "RCR" already

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Location is excellent. 10 minutes to vivocity and 20 minutes to raffles place.

The only thing bad is that it is right next to the highway. and the view is marred by all those cranes in the harbour.
    My refection is 5 mins away(on foot) to vivocity, MBR is 2 mins(on foot) away from Sands.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies, Property market sentiments 2010, 11 March 2010 12.39 pm
    i guess horizon is refering to Far East project: Horizon Residences, close to the recently launched Parc Imperial:
    (Picture attached)
    Is this the Horizon?
    Attached Images Attached Images

this is damn scary, land cost $305psf according to ST, yet launching at $1k-1.2kpsf if this is a sold out proj. then will other developers follow the lead & increase their appetite for margins? If they managed to pull it off then get ready for HK prices in Sg. Let's see whether ppl will bite this 'high-end' in the west. What an exciting week ahead, is HK developer smarter or are we fools?

The Vision - dont know it's Sunrise or Sunset view...haha

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Since they are "selling" this as a "high-end" project, wonder whether their construction costs will also be "high-end"? (May be >$600 psf?)

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    this is damn scary, land cost $305psf according to ST, yet launching at $1k-1.2kpsf if this is a sold out proj. then will other developers follow the lead & increase their appetite for margins? If they managed to pull it off then get ready for HK prices in Sg. Let's see whether ppl will bite this 'high-end' in the west. What an exciting week ahead, is HK developer smarter or are we fools?

The Vision - dont know it's Sunrise or Sunset view...haha

this is damn scary, land cost $305psf according to ST, yet launching at $1k-1.2kpsf if this is a sold out proj. then will other developers follow the lead & increase their appetite for margins?
    Yeah man, after I read how little they paid for the land, and how much they are charging for 99 yrs leasehold...confirmed showroom I also don't want to go and see.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Since they are "selling" this as a "high-end" project, wonder whether their construction costs will also be "high-end"? (May be >$600 psf?)
    wonder if there is any italian marble at all, sanitary fittings dont cost much...as what some are asking, if land cost is cheap will they still sell high? This proj answers to that......more GLS will only increase developers bottom line....no wonder quite a number of Forbes chinese rich list are HK developers. They really Huat Ah.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Yeah man, after I read how little they paid for the land, and how much they are charging for 99 yrs leasehold...confirmed showroom I also don't want to go and see.
    must see, must see, otherwise we got no Vision...i am curious to know what is HK's definition/vision of high-end @ west or are they trying to pull a fast one....

must see, must see, otherwise we got no Vision...i am curious to know what is HK's definition/vision of high-end @ west or are they trying to pull a fast one....
    Showroom standard not equal to actual unit finish.
    Showroom, everything tip top one.
    But no guarantee your unit will be like that.

I ever heard of people takeover keys, go and paste masking tape all over the shop to highlight defects that needed rectification.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Which businessman doing business,not for profits money..?
    Willing seller,happy buyer.

If to you is little money they paid for the land.. U can be a developer and buy other plot of land and get stuck with money in it.. And price it at a your "reasonable" price to the buyers.

Went to view today, sales is quite good, looking at the board about 1/2 of those released units were sold when I was there this morning.

The cheapest is of course the small 2 bedder type A3 #03-03 818sqft, after 5% early bird discount is $809400. Same stack #15-03 is $879400.

3 bedder, #06-06 is 1.34mil, #02-06 is 1.236mil, both 1302sqft.

Finishing is good with marble everywhere, 3 bedders come with those special rain showers and the bathroom comes with hanging crystals as decor. Everything is included in the kitchen including the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Went to view today, sales is quite good, looking at the board about 1/2 of those released units were sold when I was there this morning.

The cheapest is of course the small 2 bedder type A3 #03-03 818sqft, after 5% early bird discount is $809400. Same stack #15-03 is $879400.

3 bedder, #06-06 is 1.34mil, #02-06 is 1.236mil, both 1302sqft.

Finishing is good with marble everywhere, 3 bedders come with those special rain showers and the bathroom comes with hanging crystals as decor. Everything is included in the kitchen including the fridge.

So #15 high 2 bdroom = $1075 psf..... not so bad right? If for own stay after comparing closeness to CBD (sentosa and marina)....about 8-10 mins drive away...but others are snatching up altez at around $2000 psf at around #15....i tot quite reasonable lah....