Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vision coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    yishun has speed camera .. other areas dont .. so they deserve a price premium
    oh im enlightened now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    don't understand, far north estuary 2 bedder with reservior view selling for 800-900 psf, this far west 2 bedder (with partial sea view) want to sell 1200psf???
    This is different...
    One cannot sell to investors well and the other could...
    The one at Yishun is mainly for Yishun and Marsiling or Woodlands Folks... upgrading from their HDB...
    The one at West Coast, for students, lecturers, expatriates and rich investors. But the demand may not be as strong as desired so they have to try to raise price to offset the lower volume.

Maybe $1000 psf could sell 50% but actual demand is probably 30% so they have to adjust the price upwards in that way.. Just a opinion.

the view will come with HOT WEST SUN!!!

thank you for agreeing

however Carribean dwellers who drive will agree its a nightmare .. they cant use the highway and have to get into the crowd before vivo/sentosa ..

they could however take the highway ..exit alexandra ..and do a U turn ... will be faster ...
    The ramp up to the highway, just in front of Carribean, has been converted to a down ramp. A new up ramp was built, in front of the cable car towers.

So now west travelling vehicles can exit and make a U-turn at henderson road. No need to go all the way to alexandra road. Lagi faster.

But the traffic in front of sentosa gateway is ~!@#$% with the opening of the IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    don't understand, far north estuary 2 bedder with reservior view selling for 800-900 psf, this far west 2 bedder (with partial sea view) want to sell 1200psf???
    West Coast is not far west yet lah. That title goes to Jurong West or Choa Chu Kang.

Yishun/Woodlands/Sembawang, far enough in the north liao.

Hmm..How come sale of this condo so quiet? Thought alot of advertisement going around? Estuary is selling quite well but this one is so quiet...not yet launched?

Not launched yet. I drive past the site quite frequently. They are currently still in progress of fencing up the site.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Not launched yet. I drive past the site quite frequently. They are currently still in progress of fencing up the site.
    Strange... maybe they are waiting for the 1st quarter results...
    maybe they are waiting to launch it at a better time, say third quarter? The sentiments just keep on getting better day by day... Maybe with the completion of the 2nd IR in Apr 10 and thereafter the youth olympics... it will reach its new peak? Anyway the prices are clearly not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Strange... maybe they are waiting for the 1st quarter results...
    maybe they are waiting to launch it at a better time, say third quarter? The sentiments just keep on getting better day by day... Maybe with the completion of the 2nd IR in Apr 10 and thereafter the youth olympics... it will reach its new peak? Anyway the prices are clearly not cheap.

How could that be? Agents already collected many cheques.

Maybe waiting for MCL to test market first?

I believe this week possible as they have been advertising in the papers aggressively these few days.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    If you go to West Coast Park to walk, got agents stationed at the carpark giving out flyers advertising The Vision. Very aggressive.

Dunno about collecting cheques, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Yup. that's why I have stated it as Strange.....
    Should be out pretty soon if not less than a month away, but it is really up to developers..

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    the view will come with HOT WEST SUN!!!
    Hot sun from the west and "giraffes-like structure" on the east as there is a port with numerous cranes. Worst still! Jurong island on the west can be like a time-bomb.

thank you for agreeing

i used to drive to raffles place .. door to door 10 mins .. 8 mins was the record .. without using the highway

and yes no ERP .. except until CBD ..

however Carribean dwellers who drive will agree its a nightmare .. they cant use the highway and have to get into the crowd before vivo/sentosa ..

they could however take the highway ..exit alexandra ..and do a U turn ... will be faster ...
    yeah I agree too..
    its quite a smooth traffic if you take west coast highway other than seeing those heavy vehicles..

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Yup. that's why I have stated it as Strange.....
    Should be out pretty soon if not less than a month away, but it is really up to developers..
    heard launch on 12mar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    Come 2027, just another 17 years, the whole PSA port will move to Tuas
    The developer is far-sighted enough... afterall he is one of the richest man in the world... Mr Li

Going back to this...... I don't actually believe the PSA will move to Tuas so quickly and then only to move Tanjong Pagar, Brani and Keppel Terminals whilst this Pasir Panjang one will stay.

There has been too much money pumped into Pasir Panjang Terminal in the last couple of years, and more going in over the next two that any move within the next 20-yrs will not make it an ecconomical decision.

More so given current reclaimation works between Pasir Panjang and Keppel, to house a new PSA Terminal in a few years.

The Vision, overlooking Pasir Panjang Terminal and the shipyards off to the West will not have any outlook at any time. More than 900/sqft won't make too much sense unless you like watchin industry, and being close enough to smell/hear it.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

My guess is more like Tajong Pagar terminals shifted more to Western sides, but the rest in Pasir Panjang & West Coast will stay put after 2017. Too high costs & disruptions to shift everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail
    Going back to this...... I don't actually believe the PSA will move to Tuas so quickly and then only to move Tanjong Pagar, Brani and Keppel Terminals whilst this Pasir Panjang one will stay.

There has been too much money pumped into Pasir Panjang Terminal in the last couple of years, and more going in over the next two that any move within the next 20-yrs will not make it an ecconomical decision.

More so given current reclaimation works between Pasir Panjang and Keppel, to house a new PSA Terminal in a few years.

The Vision, overlooking Pasir Panjang Terminal and the shipyards off to the West will not have any outlook at any time. More than 900/sqft won't make too much sense unless you like watchin industry, and being close enough to smell/hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail
    Yeah.
    Have a friend in Blue Horizon facing Highway, warned me against buying one facing the Highway, the incessant roar of traffic is terrible. Of course, one can put up heavy curtains and aircond on 24/7 to try to dull the din.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    My guess is more like Tajong Pagar terminals shifted more to Western sides, but the rest in Pasir Panjang & West Coast will stay put after 2017. Too high costs & disruptions to shift everything.
    With trade loads expected to increase year on year, my gut feel is all will shift at 2017 to the mega port to free up road congestion and improve the vessels turn around time for unloading and reloading containers for transhipment between the 2 local ports.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    With trade loads expected to increase year on year, my gut feel is all will shift at 2017 to the mega port to free up road congestion and improve the vessels turn around time for unloading and reloading containers for transhipment between the 2 local ports.
    Hope you are right. But if the port is moving, then why is the government building this overpass at the entrance of the port. And, if the port is moving, shouldn't the government start dismantling the ship berths, but instead more berths are being added. a cooler head says you are just dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Hope you are right. But if the port is moving, then why is the government building this overpass at the entrance of the port. And, if the port is moving, shouldn't the government start dismantling the ship berths, but instead more berths are being added. a cooler head says you are just dreaming.
    Becuase trade loads are increasing!. 2017 still a 7 years away from now, they need to ease congestion now and plan for handle the expected existing increasing volume, now till then.

Nobody is going to shift 2 ports simultenously, they will stagger it over a few years. Not an inducment to buy vision though unless you plan to hold for 10 years plus for the ports to go.

Seriously... I don't think the ports would go anywhere in the next 20 years. Although I think the factories around pandan loop might shift out within the next 10 years.

I think the attraction of Vision or living in thr west for that matter is that it's near NUS, Biopolis and Jurong regional center.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyuan
    Seriously... I don't think the ports would go anywhere in the next 20 years. Although I think the factories around pandan loop might shift out within the next 10 years.

I think the attraction of Vision or living in thr west for that matter is that it's near NUS, Biopolis and Jurong regional center.
    Yup, and when the ports do move... they are prime condo lands which are new 99 LH... who would want a 20 yr old condo that is visionary to the buyers who bought them to 20 yrs ago. Perhaps they are saved if the new condo land were to be sold at a very very high cost, which results in the baseline pricing of condo to be raised until the visionaries are winners too. Must wait long long though..

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Property launches to go into high gear
    Joyce Teo
    Property Correspondent
    The Straits Times
    Thursday, 4 March 2010

Waterscape At Cavenagh: prices average at $1,886 psf

Aalto: prices start from $2,000 psf

Developers are gearing up to launch more projects - especially prime ones - into a thriving property market driven by confident buyers keen to splash out on the back of the improving economy and a low interest rate environment.

The Government's anti-speculation moves last month are having little effect on genuine home hunters, who have ever wider real estate options.

Potential buyers will certainly have no lack of choices when it comes to new launches this month with 'easily half a dozen launches' coming up, said CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) executive director of residential services Joseph Tan.

Mass-market projects have been setting the pace for months but prime developments, which began inching back into the market late last year, are becoming more prevalent.

A CBRE Research report yesterday said that Singapore's luxury residential market is expected to make a strong rebound.

It noted that new luxury projects recorded launch prices of between $2,500 psf and $3,400 psf in the 4th quarter of last year.

This beats the $2,100 psf to $2,700 psf range achieved at the end of 2008, demonstrating a strong turnaround, it said.

In January and February, 88 units of CapitaLand's prime Urban Suites were sold at $2,500 psf on average while about 35 units of The Laurels in Cairnhill Road went at $2,500 psf to $2,900 psf, it said.

The launches coming up on the weekend include the Hiap Hoe Group prime estate Waterscape At Cavenagh, and Hong Leong Holdings' Aalto.

The Waterscape At Cavenagh will house 200 1- to 4-bedroom units and penthouses ranging from 581 sqft to 2,992 sqft. Prices at this weekend's launch will average about $1,886 psf.

Hiap Hoe gave a preview of the project in late November and sold just 3 units at a median price of $1,909 psf. Another 5 units were sold in December. But this year it has sold 88 units, with the bulk transacted over the weekend after Chinese New Year, from $1,715 psf to $2,020 psf or $1.03 million to $3.15 million.

This weekend will also see Hong Leong Holdings release 60 high-floor units at the freehold 196-unit Aalto in Meyer Road. Prices will start from $2,000 psf.

A handful of lower-floor units are also available, from $1,500 psf. Absolute pricing ranges from $3.1 million for a 1,442 sqft 3-bedder to $5.3 million for a 1,959 sqft 4-bedroom unit.

The Aalto was first released in 2007 with units selling for around $1,950 psf. It was then launched in January 2008.

One unit was sold in January this year at $2,011 psf, leaving 78 unsold units in the condo, which will receive its temporary occupation permit in September.

A Hong Leong Holdings spokesman said: 'We have maintained the original selling price of the Aalto in light of premium value and location.'

Next weekend, buyers can look forward to Cheung Kong Holdings' The Vision in West Coast Crescent, The Laurels and Tiong Aik's Coralis in Joo Chiat Road. The Vision, a 99-year leasehold condo, is said to be priced about $1,100 psf.

Coralis is a freehold condo featuring 1-bedders as small as 495 sqft and penthouses of up to 3,089 sqft. Indicative pricing is from $1,350 psf to $1,550 psf.

The pace will quicken over the next 2 to 3 months with possible launches including 76 Shenton Way, Seascape and Residences at W in Sentosa Cove, The Waterline on the former Toho Gardens site in Yio Chu Kang, UOL Group's Dakota Crescent project, and Starlight Suites in River Valley Close.

CBRE Research said the luxury projects Ardmore 3 and those on the sites of the old Grangeford, Hillcourt and Parisian estates are likely to be marketed in the first half of the year. Prices and rents of luxury properties are expected to rise by 10% to 15% and 5% to 10% respectively this year.

Overall, prices will continue to rise but at a much less frenetic pace, said Mr Tan. 'If you look at the recent land tenders, there's a certain replacement cost that developers need to look at. Some developers may want to put a forward price on their projects now as they don't want to run out of their landbank too quickly.'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    Becuase trade loads are increasing!. 2017 still a 7 years away from now, they need to ease congestion now and plan for handle the expected existing increasing volume, now till then.

Nobody is going to shift 2 ports simultenously, they will stagger it over a few years. Not an inducment to buy vision though unless you plan to hold for 10 years plus for the ports to go.

Remember that the bulk of Singapore's numbers are only in transit, neither import or export so actual truck volume would not increase so much even if Singapore itself doubles output.

We have just gone through a year where volume dropped around 30% regardless of what numbers you read. At a 5% increase per year you can work out it how long it will take only to get back up to the volumes of 2008 and our ports have more than enough capacity to handle all that.

And all the while, they are reclaiming land just East of Pasir Panjang for the next terminal!

I have recently completed a research paper on the Ports of Singapore for my Master degree in NUS. The construction of Pasir Panjang MEGA Container Terminal (which started land-reclamation in the early 1990s) is divided into 4 phases over 30 years.

Only phase 2 is completed so far and land reclamation work is being done slowly for phase 3 due to the economic downturn which impact drastically container throughput.

So, when it is about 2020, Pasir Panjang Mega Container Terminal will only be fully operational. It will probably handle more container traffic as by then Tanjong Pagar Terminal would have closed and Tuas terminal will still be under construction.

Dun expect the govt to write-off the entire mega terminal in 2020. Tanjong Paga terminal served Singapore from 1972 till probably 2020 ie about 50 years. So I think Pasir Panjang container port will be around at least until 2070!

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Dun expect the govt to write-off the entire mega terminal in 2020. Tanjong Paga terminal served Singapore from 1972 till probably 2020 ie about 50 years. So I think Pasir Panjang container port will be around at least until 2070!
    Thanks for sharing. So those who bought into this area thinking the port will be shifted have to wait till 2070!

Actually, I don't think the ports in Tanjiong Pagar are going anywhere too. Why is everyone getting so excited over recommendation? Guys, shifting a port ost billions of dollars. In the case of TP ports, probably 100s of billions.

Anyway, ports or not, the value of land I think is still going up I'm the west.

There's a bloomberg report that says they are attracting hedge funds to operate at one north area. Financial district for alternative investments in the west? =D

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyuan
    Actually, I don't think the ports in Tanjiong Pagar are going anywhere too. Why is everyone getting so excited over recommendation? Guys, shifting a port ost billions of dollars. In the case of TP ports, probably 100s of billions.

Tanjong Pagar, Keppel and Brani sit on the primest of prime land. So, there will be huge amounts of decontamination to be done after closure but moving this "industry" away from downtown is key in the long term prosperity of the city.

These terminals are getting older and older and it won't be long before they have past their useful life, costing more in upkeep than investing in new ones. The machinery cannot be maintained forever.

wesing: interesting......brings me further up to speed as well, thanks.

It will go for sure.. just when.

No need to Decontaminate.. its not that they have nuclear waste or something.. maybe small oils spills here and there..

The wait could be a generation or two or more or almost immediate if the planners want them to be immediate. Have a bet.