Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Altez (D2, 99 years, Far East Org)

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Hmm.. is this a good buy considering that sail is going for >$2.5k .. while this one is going for $1.7k .. subject to developer confirmation..

Any of the property gurus buying this?.. Property_Owner? Proud_Owner? Reporter... jlrx.. etc etc?
    need to see the surrounding, floor plan etc also 1st ...

we should all boycott feo for their ridiculous pricing.

end of the day there will still be people buying. Just look at E shore.

Fools always rush in with the crowd, the wise usually thread alone wth caution
    Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner

normally how you determine whether a project is worth buying? what are the few factors that you will consider good buy?
    1) location?
    2) price?
    3) freehold leasehold?

why did you find e shore not worth buying? over price?

future enbloc potential, surrounding price movement, whether project mainly bought by hdb upgraders/investors/speculators, tenure, rental yield for the location etc, just to name you a few factors to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    normally how you determine whether a project is worth buying? what are the few factors that you will consider good buy?
    1) location?
    2) price?
    3) freehold leasehold?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    future enbloc potential, surrounding price movement, whether project mainly bought by hdb upgraders/investors/speculators, tenure, rental yield for the location etc, just to name you a few factors to look out for.
    Yea. These are some of the key points. But mainly location

This weekend go take a look, experience it by yourself why e shore is overprice.

LEFT OUT THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR, BALLS! (sorry womenfolks)

Yea. These are some of the key points. But mainly location

LEFT OUT THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR, BALLS! (sorry womenfolks)
    what has balls (or lack thereof) got to do with property???!!!

erm.... where have u been hibernating? i thought this question was answered many times over in the local straits times.... if still in doubt, consult the thread on The Shore in this forum and u will see the light.

But really, much as we like to dismiss the mighty FEO, gotta give them credit for tonnes of such creative ideas (or not that creative since the US Embassy was the first in SGP to start repacking FH land and selling it as 103years' tenure), as well as being able to withstand all the financial turmoil without doing any rights issue or going on any massive fund raising/capital injection exercise, and holding onto vacant units without reducing the price. At least they managed to convince tonnes of suckers to buy from them, from CCR all the way to Woodlands/Lakeside/Bt Batok areas. That alone is no mean feat.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    The balls to trust your instincts and 'gut feel'...

Has served me well so far... my first was 5-6 yr old conservation MM unit in Mountbatten... then 2 x Little India studio... all served me well earning over 200-250 psf in 1 year or less each...

Those are stuff traditional investors will avoid like plague given the size (lack thereof) and locality (prostitute street, lots of parapundeks etc).

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    The balls to trust your instincts and 'gut feel'...

Has served me well so far... my first was 5-6 yr old conservation MM unit in Mountbatten... then 2 x Little India studio... all served me well earning over 200-250 psf in 1 year or less each...

Those are stuff traditional investors will avoid like plague given the size (lack thereof) and locality (prostitute street, lots of parapundeks etc).
    I see.... hahaha.... cannot blame me for failing to see this connection due to my lack thereof (literally)!

I see.... hahaha.... cannot blame me for failing to see this connection due to my lack thereof (literally)!
    Oh u a gal! LOL

Oh u a gal! LOL
    better be a gal, otherwise ... OUCH!

yup yup! mother of a 3-year old child... spending my weekends chasing him around.

1) location?
    2) price?
    3) freehold leasehold?
    have to add in developer too...

simple illustration. If you have only one shot at investing in a prime location property and an experienced investor told you that dumping all that money on The Sail at $3000psf for a bay view unit on the 50th floor is a safe investment that will reap you decent capital gains in future, apart from due diligence on the property, what else do you need for you to commit to that property? Isnt that one thing guts or "balls"?

heard that the preview of Altex has been postponed because of poor response. anyone can confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    heard that the preview of Altex has been postponed because of poor response. anyone can confirm?
    YUP. They are holding it. Most like after CNY.

How come I have a feeling that FEO is forever greedy... wanna wait for prices to go up higher and higher..

They are trying to lead in the property upsurge and they are greedy

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    How come I have a feeling that FEO is forever greedy... wanna wait for prices to go up higher and higher..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Don't think you can call them greedy because they didn't put a gun at the head of the buyers. Buyers can choose to buy or not to buy.

Greedy is only when somebody take more than what other people are willing to give them and these other people are not given any choice / or have no power to do anything about it.

They are trying to lead in the property upsurge and they are greedy

Selling The Shore as a 99yr (when land is freehold) and selling to people at freehold price, if that is not called greedy, what is it? Hillvista in Ulu ulu hillview launching at $1100-$1200psf, if that is not called greedy, then what? I think many people can concur it me on that...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Don't think you can call them greedy because they didn't put a gun at the head of the buyers. Buyers can choose to buy or not to buy.

Greedy is only when somebody take more than what other people are willing to give them and these other people are not given any choice / or have no power to do anything about it.

Let's not judge on the price they put on the properties - May be they are right that the properties in surrounding area are transacted at under-valued price and hence they are asking for the right price? If they really sell at over-valued price, why there are buyers for their properties? It may be too early to judge though.

Selling The Shore as a 99yr (when land is freehold) and selling to people at freehold price, if that is not called greedy, what is it? Hillvista in Ulu ulu hillview launching at $1100-$1200psf, if that is not called greedy, then what? I think many people can concur it me on that...

they are trying to set the benchmark for all condo properties in singapore, think everyone can see it. They are forward pricing their properties for every area they have a project and setting the trend for other developers to follow. Very soon it will be very hard to find new condos below 1k psf everywhere in singapore.

Let's not judge on the price they put on the properties - May be they are right that the properties in surrounding area are transacted at under-valued price and hence they are asking for the right price? If they really sell at over-valued price, why there are buyers for their properties? It may be too early to judge though.

Oh u a gal! LOL
    Gals also got balls what.. only they have it higher up

"Very soon it will be very hard to find new condos below 1k psf everywhere in singapore."

Well, this is the eventuality (just a matter of time). Sooner or later we will have $1m HDB flat! Don't put too much credit to FEO for helping to achieve this. Wa-ha-ha!

they are trying to set the benchmark for all condo properties in singapore, think everyone can see it. They are forward pricing their properties for every area they have a project and setting the trend for other developers to follow. Very soon it will be very hard to find new condos below 1k psf everywhere in singapore.

anyway i dont like FEO and i will never buy their projects. I will definitely avoid giving them credit for anything but they are too big to be ignored. Their land bank in singapore is just too huge to ignore.

"Very soon it will be very hard to find new condos below 1k psf everywhere in singapore."

Well, this is the eventuality (just a matter of time). Sooner or later we will have $1m HDB flat! Don't put too much credit to FEO for helping to achieve this. Wa-ha-ha!

anyway i dont like FEO and i will never buy their projects. I will definitely avoid giving them credit for anything but they are too big to be ignored. Their land bank in singapore is just too huge to ignore.

they have many many unsold units in many projects .. thru the years ...

you can call up FEO rental .. and see what OLD (really old) projects that they still holding and putting out for rent ..