Thread: Palm Garden, May Spring, Warren or Northvale ? which is better ?

Default Palm Garden, May Spring, Warren or Northvale ? which is better ?

Hi there, Im looking for condo to stay with some intention for investment. Hoping that the condo price might appreciate after sometime. Im looking for 3-4 bedroom in these area. I have a young daughter the condo preferably should be near to the nursery, kindergarden and good primary school as well. Which one is consider a good buy taking into concern of the above conditions ? My budget is around 650K - 800K. Any suggestions n Many thanks?

I would go for Mayspring in Jurong of the three places you mentioned coz there is a growing and sizeable population of parapoondeks and PRC there to support ur high asking rental if you are looking to rent out next time.

Quote Originally Posted by cash_on_line
    Hi there, Im looking for condo to stay with some intention for investment. Hoping that the condo price might appreciate after sometime. Im looking for 3-4 bedroom in these area. I have a young daughter the condo preferably should be near to the nursery, kindergarden and good primary school as well. Which one is consider a good buy taking into concern of the above conditions ? My budget is around 650K - 800K. Any suggestions n Many thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I would go for Mayspring in Jurong of the three places you mentioned coz there is a growing and sizeable population of parapoondeks and PRC there to support ur high asking rental if you are looking to rent out next time.
    Just curious...what are parapoondeks?

you find plenty of them opposite citysquare mall

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Just curious...what are parapoondeks?

I thought Maysprings is in Bukit Panjang and not Jurong? Maysprings would be closer to the future Bukit Panjang MRT than Palm Gardens, so in terms of potential, it should be better. Bukit Panjang doesn't strike me as a "little India" or "Little China" place at all. Both mainland Chinese and Indians prefer Geylang and eastern side of Singapore. There are quite a lot of Korean expats at Bukit Panjang and Bt Batok area. I have seen Palm Gardens a long time back and while the exterior looks nice, the interior layout is a bit weird. I think u need to view the place to form a view.

i made a mistake, I was thinking of Mayfair in Jurong. Mayspring is a cock location

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I thought Maysprings is in Bukit Panjang and not Jurong? Maysprings would be closer to the future Bukit Panjang MRT than Palm Gardens, so in terms of potential, it should be better. Bukit Panjang doesn't strike me as a "little India" or "Little China" place at all. Both mainland Chinese and Indians prefer Geylang and eastern side of Singapore. There are quite a lot of Korean expats at Bukit Panjang and Bt Batok area. I have seen Palm Gardens a long time back and while the exterior looks nice, the interior layout is a bit weird. I think u need to view the place to form a view.

Thanks for the replies. Is there any other options with my budget of 650K - 800K for 3 rooms condo preferably near good primary sch? Pls suggest and Many thanks

Simple rule of thumb. Look at the PSF record for resale units @ these condos. Out of those u highlighted, Warren has the highest psf transacted on average. I saw 1 recent 1238sqft Warren 3 bedder unit transacted @ $695 psf, a record high. Warren is beside cck mrt/lot 1 and near to all expressways and CCK park. It has 2 good neighbor schools like south view primary and de la salle primary, all within 1 km scope.

Among all your given condos, Warren is the newest among all too!

See to yourself!

Thanks for the replies. Is there any other options with my budget of 650K - 800K for 3 rooms condo preferably near good primary sch? Pls suggest and Many thanks

You can try Eden Grove

can consider parc vista too. Directly opposite MRT...and various schools nearby as well.

Viewed Palm Gardens recently. The private lift is impressive. However, the layout of the unit not so functional even through the area is big and price is good. For the price, it is very reasonable. Maintenance seems quite high, but I guess privacy with personal lift comes with a price.

Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    Viewed Palm Gardens recently. The private lift is impressive. However, the layout of the unit not so functional even through the area is big and price is good. For the price, it is very reasonable. Maintenance seems quite high, but I guess privacy with personal lift comes with a price.
    Any idea the amount of maintenance fee for a 3 bedder unit?

Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    Any further comments on Palm Gardens?

I am gg to take a look at the units this weekend. looks like the pricing is still looking reasonable although it is on uptrend. My personal and preliminary view on this dev is:-

Pros-
    - Quiet and peaceful, even on a sat evening. Only a handful of children and old folks running around the pool and playground
    - the landscapping is pretty impressive and looks ok-maintained for a 10-yr condo. Lot of open space and greenaries
    - undergound carpark
    - 2 entrances and exits to the condo - to avoid bottlenecks during peak hours
    - some nearby amenenities are around - food, wet market
    - LRT station nearby. 2 stops from CCK. I believe it is 'walkable" from CCK. Shld be < 10min walk.

Cons -
    - Security was lax. We went in w/o being checked.
    - appears that the evening sun will be an issue for a proportion of the units. Could see the sun hitting many units' living room.
    - A vacanted army camp is nearby with some left-behind buidlings. Quite an eye-sore so have to ensure that the unit does not face it directly or is high enough to avoid direct view