Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Palm Garden, May Spring, Warren or Northvale ? which is better ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default Palm Garden, May Spring, Warren or Northvale ? which is better ?

    Hi there, Im looking for condo to stay with some intention for investment. Hoping that the condo price might appreciate after sometime. Im looking for 3-4 bedroom in these area. I have a young daughter the condo preferably should be near to the nursery, kindergarden and good primary school as well. Which one is consider a good buy taking into concern of the above conditions ? My budget is around 650K - 800K. Any suggestions n Many thanks?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    I would go for Mayspring in Jurong of the three places you mentioned coz there is a growing and sizeable population of parapoondeks and PRC there to support ur high asking rental if you are looking to rent out next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by cash_on_line
    Hi there, Im looking for condo to stay with some intention for investment. Hoping that the condo price might appreciate after sometime. Im looking for 3-4 bedroom in these area. I have a young daughter the condo preferably should be near to the nursery, kindergarden and good primary school as well. Which one is consider a good buy taking into concern of the above conditions ? My budget is around 650K - 800K. Any suggestions n Many thanks?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I would go for Mayspring in Jurong of the three places you mentioned coz there is a growing and sizeable population of parapoondeks and PRC there to support ur high asking rental if you are looking to rent out next time.
    Just curious...what are parapoondeks?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    you find plenty of them opposite citysquare mall

    Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Just curious...what are parapoondeks?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    I thought Maysprings is in Bukit Panjang and not Jurong? Maysprings would be closer to the future Bukit Panjang MRT than Palm Gardens, so in terms of potential, it should be better. Bukit Panjang doesn't strike me as a "little India" or "Little China" place at all. Both mainland Chinese and Indians prefer Geylang and eastern side of Singapore. There are quite a lot of Korean expats at Bukit Panjang and Bt Batok area. I have seen Palm Gardens a long time back and while the exterior looks nice, the interior layout is a bit weird. I think u need to view the place to form a view.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    i made a mistake, I was thinking of Mayfair in Jurong. Mayspring is a cock location

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I thought Maysprings is in Bukit Panjang and not Jurong? Maysprings would be closer to the future Bukit Panjang MRT than Palm Gardens, so in terms of potential, it should be better. Bukit Panjang doesn't strike me as a "little India" or "Little China" place at all. Both mainland Chinese and Indians prefer Geylang and eastern side of Singapore. There are quite a lot of Korean expats at Bukit Panjang and Bt Batok area. I have seen Palm Gardens a long time back and while the exterior looks nice, the interior layout is a bit weird. I think u need to view the place to form a view.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Thanks for the replies. Is there any other options with my budget of 650K - 800K for 3 rooms condo preferably near good primary sch? Pls suggest and Many thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Simple rule of thumb. Look at the PSF record for resale units @ these condos. Out of those u highlighted, Warren has the highest psf transacted on average. I saw 1 recent 1238sqft Warren 3 bedder unit transacted @ $695 psf, a record high. Warren is beside cck mrt/lot 1 and near to all expressways and CCK park. It has 2 good neighbor schools like south view primary and de la salle primary, all within 1 km scope.

    Among all your given condos, Warren is the newest among all too!

    See to yourself!

    Quote Originally Posted by cash_on_line
    Thanks for the replies. Is there any other options with my budget of 650K - 800K for 3 rooms condo preferably near good primary sch? Pls suggest and Many thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    You can try Eden Grove

    Quote Originally Posted by cash_on_line
    Thanks for the replies. Is there any other options with my budget of 650K - 800K for 3 rooms condo preferably near good primary sch? Pls suggest and Many thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default

    can consider parc vista too. Directly opposite MRT...and various schools nearby as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Viewed Palm Gardens recently. The private lift is impressive. However, the layout of the unit not so functional even through the area is big and price is good. For the price, it is very reasonable. Maintenance seems quite high, but I guess privacy with personal lift comes with a price.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    Viewed Palm Gardens recently. The private lift is impressive. However, the layout of the unit not so functional even through the area is big and price is good. For the price, it is very reasonable. Maintenance seems quite high, but I guess privacy with personal lift comes with a price.
    Any idea the amount of maintenance fee for a 3 bedder unit?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    Viewed Palm Gardens recently. The private lift is impressive. However, the layout of the unit not so functional even through the area is big and price is good. For the price, it is very reasonable. Maintenance seems quite high, but I guess privacy with personal lift comes with a price.
    Any further comments on Palm Gardens?

    I am gg to take a look at the units this weekend. looks like the pricing is still looking reasonable although it is on uptrend. My personal and preliminary view on this dev is:-

    Pros-
    - Quiet and peaceful, even on a sat evening. Only a handful of children and old folks running around the pool and playground
    - the landscapping is pretty impressive and looks ok-maintained for a 10-yr condo. Lot of open space and greenaries
    - undergound carpark
    - 2 entrances and exits to the condo - to avoid bottlenecks during peak hours
    - some nearby amenenities are around - food, wet market
    - LRT station nearby. 2 stops from CCK. I believe it is 'walkable" from CCK. Shld be < 10min walk.

    Cons -
    - Security was lax. We went in w/o being checked.
    - appears that the evening sun will be an issue for a proportion of the units. Could see the sun hitting many units' living room.
    - A vacanted army camp is nearby with some left-behind buidlings. Quite an eye-sore so have to ensure that the unit does not face it directly or is high enough to avoid direct view

Similar Threads

  1. Northvale 3+1 for rent
    By annken in forum West and North West
    Replies: 0
    -: 06-02-14, 11:06
  2. you know where is Singapore's version of USA Palm Spring?
    By blackjack21trader in forum District 15
    Replies: 21
    -: 09-10-12, 15:16
  3. NorthVale 1bedroom
    By francistaong in forum West and North West
    Replies: 2
    -: 05-08-09, 14:36
  4. Palm Garden
    By Boon in forum West and North West
    Replies: 11
    -: 04-08-08, 01:11
  5. Palm Beach Garden up for collective sale
    By mr funny in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 06-02-07, 12:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •