Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

Default RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

CapitaLand launches RiverEdge condominium in Tanjong Rhu

135-unit development will feature sky terrace with views of Kallang Basin

Singapore, 2 November 2005 – CapitaLand will officially launch the 135-unit RiverEdge condominium (水秀轩) this Saturday, 5 November 2005, at an average price of S$590 per square foot. Located in the prime Tanjong Rhu residential area, the 99-year leasehold riverfront development is targeted at families and investors who appreciate its close proximity to good schools, MRT connections and the future Marina Bay integrated resort development. For the phase one launch, a total of 77 units will be released. The condominium is a joint venture development by CapitaLand (45%); OKS Capital (45%), a Singapore vehicle backed by Middle Eastern investment interests; and Ghim Li Holdings (10%). CapitaLand is the lead project manager for the development.

This is CapitaLand’s third residential launch this year, following strong sales achieved for two other developments released in the first half of 2005 - RiverGate and Tanglin Residences. At the 545-unit RiverGate, 70% of the 370 units launched have been sold. This includes the purchase of 100 units by Ferrell Premier Real Estate Investment Fund for a total of S$182.3 million. Similarly, the 43-unit Tanglin Residences saw strong buyer response, especially from foreign homebuyers. The apartments are fully sold and only a few townhouses, valued at approximately S$5 million each, are available.

Ms Patricia Chia, CEO of CapitaLand Residential Singapore, said: “We are confident of keen buyer interest in RiverEdge due to positive public sentiments arising from a stronger economy and the recent changes to regulations on property purchases. RiverEdge is a beautiful project set in serene surroundings. Its prime location and close proximity to MRT connections are appealing to both local and foreign homebuyers. In addition, it is relatively near to the future Marina Bayfront, which will be a business and recreational hub with offices, F&B outlets, restaurants and parks.”

Buyers may choose from a variety of two- to four-bedroom apartments with sizes ranging from 980 sq ft to 1,841 sq ft. There are also three penthouses ranging from 3,100 sq ft to 3,208 sq ft. The larger units occupy most of the higher floors and overlook the Kallang Basin, while units on the lower floors will have views of the luxuriant gardens and the swimming pool.

Designed by award-winning architects, W Architects and landscape architect Tierra Design, RiverEdge is characterised by contemporary design features and lush landscaping. It is located at Kampong Kayu Road in Tanjong Rhu, one of the most exclusive residential neighbourhoods in the eastern part of Singapore.

A distinctive architectural feature in the condominium is its three-storey sky terrace located on the 13th to 15th storeys. At the sky terrace, residents can enjoy a range of recreational facilities. For each unit, there will be a generous provision of planters, balconies and open terraces, allowing residents to enjoy outdoor spaces that extend beyond their apartments. Bay-windows in the units will create a greater sense of spaciousness, resulting in bright, naturally-lit living spaces. The majority of the units will also enjoy cross-ventilation in the living and dining rooms.

In terms of convenience, RiverEdge is a short walk from the proposed Circle Line MRT stations at Stadium Boulevard and Mountbatten. It is also a five-minute drive to the Central Business District. Residents can also enjoy the recreational water-sports facilities and other amenities in the East Coast area. Schools in the vicinity include Dunman High School and Chung Cheng High School. Temporary Occupation Permit for RiverEdge is expected to be obtained by 2009.

Default Re: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Wow, now they are really asking for quite a high price. It used to be so affordable..

Kallang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Wow, now they are really asking for quite a high price. It used to be so affordable..

What price is CapitaLand asking now?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kallang
    What price is CapitaLand asking now?
    Around $800 psf or more!

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

RIVEREDGE , THE GREATEST LONGKANG VIEW IN TANJONG RHU !!!!

HAHA! Guest

I will NEVER live in a place with the address of SAMPAN PLACE. Right next to Kampong KAYU and Kampong ARANG. Just imagine your friends guffawing with laughter when they come to visit you!

dayong sampan Guest

dayong sampan, dayong dayong sampan

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dayong sampan
    dayong sampan, dayong dayong sampan
    come on guys, dun be jokers. respect other people.

RiverEdge Guest

This is a beautifully designed condo in the Greater Marina Bay, possibly the only condo here that actually looks modern and "with the times". The others look so outdated. Being in Greater Marina Bay, it stands to reap all the benefits that the development of Marina will bring: IR, BFC, and various entertainment/cultural precincts.

Unregistered Guest

Next to HDB, location sucks.

Unregistered Guest

this is a very nice project... like rivergate, which better but steeper in price.... i'm pro-capitaland... people who invest in riveredge need to have more imagination... peer into the future where life that area will be booming...unfortunately it is 99yr only

Bypasser Guest

So ..... how many units left now?

Unregistered Guest

Around 80% sold already. But I still maintain that location sucks. Next to HDB and address is Sampan Place. Hahahahah cannot stop laughing..

Unregistered Guest

烂地方,只可以看到一个水沟.而且地址在Kampong arang区.简直就是浪费钱.Tanjong rhu的地点是好的,可是如果住在Tanjong rhu的靠近,又看不到城市,Cityflyer和Kallang basin.干吗要买在哪个地点呢?

Unregistered Guest

should be called factory edge or hdb edge . Right next to hdb and run down factory ...

Bypasser Guest

CapitLand increased the price by another 5% on 28 Mar 07.

Unregistered Guest

The factory will be rebuilt by BMW into their showroom and parts centre. And part of the BMW factory site has a plot with residential zoning. My guess is Sime Darby, who are also property developers, will rebuild the BMW showroom into some high tech looking building, with the residential building looking something exclusive like Orion (in Orchard area).

Anyway the BMW showroom and Sime Darby residential will completely block the sight of the HDB from the sight of the people living in River Edge.

All around River Edge are plots of land owned by Hong Leong. There will be more and more condos here as it is still considered Tanjong Rhu, and will be a natural extension of the original Tanjong Rhu stretch (Waterplace, Sanctuary Green, Pebble Bay).

Observer Guest

The factory will be rebuilt by BMW into their showroom and parts centre. And part of the BMW factory site has a plot with residential zoning. My guess is Sime Darby, who are also property developers, will rebuild the BMW showroom into some high tech looking building, with the residential building looking something exclusive like Orion .......... Hong Leong. There will be more and more condos here as it is still considered Tanjong Rhu, and will be a natural extension of the original Tanjong Rhu stretch (Waterplace, Sanctuary Green, Pebble Bay).

So looks like RiverEdge views will be blocked on 3 sides by present and future developments. The only view is the canal on the Singapore Sports Hub side.

Unregistered Guest

Yes. Unit #04-07, 4 bedroom was priced at $805psf. It is a very desirable unit, in fact one of the better ones. But was sold just yesterday.

Do Not Panic Guest

There is still a lot of land supply left in this extended part of Tanjong Rhu, in places that are better located.

Please do not kan cheong spider (panic) and pay such a high price for River Edge. CapitaLand is smart, they launch first to gain first mover advantage. Later on when other developers launch their Tanjong Rhu land banks, you will see supply up, demand down, and prices start to fall back to previous levels.

Do Not Panic Guest

Sorry in my previous posting I didn't mean demand down, what I meant should be Supply up, Demand cannot catch up to match supply.

Be careful of Tanjong Rhu area. This area has played many many people out before. If you had bought cheap, like some of my friends bought Sanctuary Green very very cheap a year ago (when nobody wanted that time) then you have got yourself a good bargain. If not, then you possibly have been played out.

sold out Guest

RiverEdge has sold out.

Cool Re: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Panic
    Sorry in my previous posting I didn't mean demand down, what I meant should be Supply up, Demand cannot catch up to match supply.

Be careful of Tanjong Rhu area. This area has played many many people out before. If you had bought cheap, like some of my friends bought Sanctuary Green very very cheap a year ago (when nobody wanted that time) then you have got yourself a good bargain. If not, then you possibly have been played out.
    True, but what is cheap in your context? I just purchased a city view ECP unit for $670+ psf, pool facing units and blocked view units i heard very cheap was it?

Unregistered Guest

Hi, any updates on Riveredge subsales, some agents asking for excess of 1000psf in the classifieds.

Unregistered Guest

yup.... so far already crossed 900+ psf... if interested, do let me know... can share with u the potential if u're into investment or even stay...

Unregistered Guest

Am all ears mate, but mainly for investment

Unregistered Guest

yup.... so far already crossed 900+ psf... if interested, do let me know... can share with u the potential if u're into investment or even stay...
    Still waiting for ur advice......

Unregistered Guest

looks like the psf for this project is going down ... caveats put it at around $8xx and todays classified has it at $800 psf neg. I was seriously looking at a unit there couple of months ago at $900 psf but they all wanted $1000++ psf .. lucky i did not buy ...

Unregistered Guest

Is RiverEdge really good for investment, or a place for staying ?