Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

maddog is coming

Unregistered Guest

what a day

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Is RiverEdge really good for investment, or a place for staying ?
    The statement below will help u decide:

It is a myth (perhaps the oldest one in the book) that Freehold is better than Leasehold. There are no conclusive studies on this.
    What many seem to forget is that property is all about LOCATION. The first thing students of real estate are taught is location, location and location. So focus more on location and less on tenure.

Unregistered Guest

Cool Re: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

Thanks mate, so forget about this one. I'm already staying in 99 yrs project, so does not make sense for investment point of view.

Unregistered Guest

Drove by the area last weekend. This project seems to be shaping up well. Heard that the units are spacious and location wise its only 5 mins away from the City, Suntec, Marina Bay. Accessibility is key for investment as well as own stay. Any idea what is the going psf rate now? Heard that it was $1200 early this year.

Unregistered Guest

Drove by the area last weekend. This project seems to be shaping up well. Heard that the units are spacious and location wise its only 5 mins away from the City, Suntec, Marina Bay. Accessibility is key for investment as well as own stay. Any idea what is the going psf rate now? Heard that it was $1200 early this year.
    $1200 psf? you gotta be joking ... it's nowhere near $1000 at the moment .. just look at the caveats and there has been minimum activity .. you get better deals in Tanjong Rhu itself (Gardens, Bridge to Suntec, Boulevard MRT, New National Stadium, River Taxi, etc) ... if there is any price increase, you would expect the properties nearest to those to be the first to experience it ...

Unregistered Guest

Thanks mate, so forget about this one. I'm already staying in 99 yrs project, so does not make sense for investment point of view.
    errr ... i don't quite get you ... what's wrong with investing in another 99 year project even though you own one? in fact, i think it is better to invest in a 99 year project with good location then a freehold project wiht location not nearly as good as you get better chance of having it enbloc when the opportunity comes. Have you ever wondered why most properties having solid locality are only 99 years? pretty obvious why the government has that planned that way.

Unregistered Guest

Location is very important

nik Guest

Wink Re: RiverEdge (D15, 99 year leasehold, CapitaLand)

can anyone advise me which is the better stack for the 2 bedroom units?
    and what's the market price now?

Just heard from a fellow co-investor that this project is shaping up very nicely and that capitaland has done a great job, maybe worth having a look....

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    can anyone advise me which is the better stack for the 2 bedroom units?
    and what's the market price now?
    Todays price can vary between 850 psf for the lower floors to 1200 psf for the high ones, if not mistaken all the 2 bedders face the same direction, southwest, 0nly stacks 2,6 and 9 are 2 bedders, they all seem pretty similar to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by condoinvestor
    Just heard from a fellow co-investor that this project is shaping up very nicely and that capitaland has done a great job, maybe worth having a look....
    Amazing as it may seems, but this condo is right under the landing flight path of military planes landing in Paya Lebar Airbase. I was at the Kampung Arun food Ctr which is near to Riveredge and one can clearly see and hear the planes landing. Quite disturbing and not peaceful at all. So I wouldnt consider this condo at all.

Unregistered2 Guest

Another problem with this condo is that some of the units are directly facing public housing at Jln Batu and it's really close as it is separated only by the BMW showroom.

bystander Guest

This comment is rather short-sighted.Do you realise that there is a market and food centre in the public housing compund? The fact that Riveredge has these amenities nearby is actually a plus point. Additionally, the Mountbatten MRT station is just a stone's throw away.

Pls do not criticise a condo just because it is near public housing. There maybe benefits as well.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bystander
    This comment is rather short-sighted.Do you realise that there is a market and food centre in the public housing compund? The fact that Riveredge has these amenities nearby is actually a plus point. Additionally, the Mountbatten MRT station is just a stone's throw away.

Pls do not criticise a condo just because it is near public housing. There maybe benefits as well.
    Well at the price it is going for, you would expect exclusivity and near public housing is not a problem but riveredge is right next to it! And no offence but I'm not for paying a hell lot of money just to have a block of old flats stare back at me when I look out the window. Sorry if that does not suit what u feel but that is reality. We each have our own opinions.

Unregisteredxx Guest

Hey guys

Everyone is entitled to their own views. Different priorities for different people. Some people prefer the large layout and being close to amenities more than the view. Different strokes for different folks

Btw, an agent told me that many units at Riveredge actually have river/city views towards the national stadium. Also, noticed adverts in the papers stateing "unblocked views" in this development. I suppose the view depends on the particular units that are chosen. I reckon some units at Riveredge would have pretty good "unblocked" views.

Again, to each its own views. Afterall, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

737 Guest

this project should look good... unlike those already vested, u just need to wait a short while to see the final product before deciding on any investment... area is breezy, convenient transport, condo's built on elevated grounds, simple neat architecture, spacious interiors, with a common skygarden offering good views, spacious interiors...stack 2(1066sqft)/6 & 9(980sqft) are 2 bd.. personally feel that it's better than palazetto.. interested, do let me know..

Unregistered3333333 Guest

Question

Todays price can vary between 850 psf for the lower floors to 1200 psf for the high ones, if not mistaken all the 2 bedders face the same direction, southwest, 0nly stacks 2,6 and 9 are 2 bedders, they all seem pretty similar to me.....
    So what price would you think is fair to pay for a 4bedrm unit about 1700 sq ft. high floor above 12, facing the national stadium and city..(no HDB view for the petty minded)...Its TOPed already and we can see the apartments before buying it!

Abt 1000 psf, I reckon is a good buy, fair buy ard 1100 psf...

737 Guest

this project is all nicely done up now ... potential investors can go take a look..

take a look Guest

Yes, fantastic view from the sky terrace .... seaview, city view, Singapore flyer and kallang basin view... impressive...

Hi, I am interested. Please contact me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 737
    this project should look good... unlike those already vested, u just need to wait a short while to see the final product before deciding on any investment... area is breezy, convenient transport, condo's built on elevated grounds, simple neat architecture, spacious interiors, with a common skygarden offering good views, spacious interiors...stack 2(1066sqft)/6 & 9(980sqft) are 2 bd.. personally feel that it's better than palazetto.. interested, do let me know..

have they start building it?

Airplane noise pollution Guest

I moved out of a condo near the flight path to Paya Lebar airbase. Got headache with the planes flying past - they're very frequent and very loud - can't hear anything. I moved to a quieter place in the end. No regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    Amazing as it may seems, but this condo is right under the landing flight path of military planes landing in Paya Lebar Airbase. I was at the Kampung Arun food Ctr which is near to Riveredge and one can clearly see and hear the planes landing. Quite disturbing and not peaceful at all. So I wouldnt consider this condo at all.

people who cant afford to buy something

always like to give negative comments

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    people who cant afford to buy something

always like to give negative comments
    Of course lah! You still want me to sing praises when I don't have a share of it? You OK or not?

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Of course lah! You still want me to sing praises when I don't have a share of it? You OK or not?
    Well its not too late to have a share now

737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    have they start building it?
    yes, it's already completed and just TOP.

For those considering Dakota Residences, you may wish to check out this project Riveredge first.

For those considering Clover By the Park, they are recommended to explore Kovan Residences first.

For those considering The Sea View, they may want to re-visit Costa Del Sol.

Other preferred projects include The Trillium and Reflections @ Keppel Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by 737
    yes, it's already completed and just TOP.

For those considering Dakota Residences, you may wish to check out this project Riveredge first.

For those considering Clover By the Park, they are recommended to explore Kovan Residences first.

For those considering The Sea View, they may want to re-visit Costa Del Sol.

Other preferred projects include The Trillium and Reflections @ Keppel Bay.
    Once again, I would like to share my experiences with those who think Riveredge or DR are good projects. I was at Old Airport Road mkt having lunch (wanton mee) yesterday and the fighter jets were literally overhead the DR showflats across the Market. So before you commit to a unit here, pls have lunch at Kg Arun & Old Airport Rd Mkt a few times to witness the planes landing at PLAB and you will know what to expect if you buy a unit there. Do not be con by the views or location. There are many factors to consider and dun just look at the +ve points.

wanton woman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    Once again, I would like to share my experiences with those who think Riveredge or DR are good projects. I was at Old Airport Road mkt having lunch (wanton mee) yesterday and the fighter jets were literally overhead the DR showflats across the Market. So before you commit to a unit here, pls have lunch at Kg Arun & Old Airport Rd Mkt a few times to witness the planes landing at PLAB and you will know what to expect if you buy a unit there. Do not be con by the views or location. There are many factors to consider and dun just look at the +ve points.
    That wanton mee very delicious, but very long queue