Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

what about the flipper with so much cash that even if the market collaspes he / she does not care and uses the opportunity to buy even more. i know of several HNW clients with more USD100 million in the bank. and they are buying properties to flip as a hobby. so what if their 3 million property go to 1 million. the man in the street will die, they will just shrug their shoulder and order the next bottle of krug.

Unregistered Guest

bottom linr it does not pay to hope for a market crash as the man in the street will die a more horrible death then a lot of the professional "flippers".

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    what about the flipper with so much cash that even if the market collaspes he / she does not care and uses the opportunity to buy even more. i know of several HNW clients with more USD100 million in the bank. and they are buying properties to flip as a hobby. so what if their 3 million property go to 1 million. the man in the street will die, they will just shrug their shoulder and order the next bottle of krug.
    Yeah man. It's a game for the HNW people. Let them play. They earn a milion more, they play with it. They lose it, they forget it. For mere mortals, beware. It's not even to play responsibly. It's if you are mere non-HNW, don't play. A great shock is coming, I predict. It's going to be so BIG it's going to be known in history as the "Greatest Depression", I predict. Millions will lose their jobs, millions will lose their families, and their lives, and their hard-earned money. Rochester will be an eye-sore then, I predict.

Yeah man. It's a game for the HNW people. Let them play. They earn a milion more, they play with it. They lose it, they forget it. For mere mortals, beware. It's not even to play responsibly. It's if you are mere non-HNW, don't play. A great shock is coming, I predict. It's going to be so BIG it's going to be known in history as the "Greatest Depression", I predict. Millions will lose their jobs, millions will lose their families, and their lives, and their hard-earned money. Rochester will be an eye-sore then, I predict.
    care to support ur prediction with some concrete economics rationale? i would like to hear them as I m a oil trader, what u said really makes me sit up and want to listen to enhance my trading skills.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    care to support ur prediction with some concrete economics rationale? i would like to hear them as I m a oil trader, what u said really makes me sit up and want to listen to enhance my trading skills.
    Do your own homework. One way is to plot the price of oil (and sand if you may) over the last 3 years, and project it to the next 3 years. See the curve. Add in terrorism, see the price curve shifts. Add in stock market crashes, see how the curve dances. Add in China meltdown, see the curve goes haywire. And add in hedge funds panic sell-out, see Asia dancing on hot pan. Do your homework, be intellectual, and you will see my prediction is as good as fire.

Unregistered Guest

Do your own homework. One way is to plot the price of oil (and sand if you may) over the last 3 years, and project it to the next 3 years. See the curve. Add in terrorism, see the price curve shifts. Add in stock market crashes, see how the curve dances. Add in China meltdown, see the curve goes haywire. And add in hedge funds panic sell-out, see Asia dancing on hot pan. Do your homework, be intellectual, and you will see my prediction is as good as fire.
    Inflation is always there. Compare salaries 10 years ago and today. Compare salaries 20 years ago with those 10 years ago and you will see that salaries continues to go up. Why? This is to catch up with inflation. Compare noodles at the hawker centre 10 years ago and now. There will always be inflation!!!! Prices always goes up to catch up with inflation. Of course there are uncertainties but how to expect those.

Of course people can take the option of putting money in fix deposit and earn 21/2 to 3%. But how to catch up with inflation? I think u better put your money into gold as this is the surest thing during war and uncertainties. Basically, we are just sharing information to enlighten everyone about current situation so we are all better informed. If you can predict a stock market crash, please do short selling. You will earn BIG BUCKS when it happens, than tell us about it and we will all be happy you made big bucks. I am not saying property is the way to go but there is more upside potential for the next 12 months as of now subject to unforeseen circumstances.

When US is down, the funds will all move out of US to somewhere that can make more money for them. So right now, they are moving to Asia. How long? Anybodies guess. Right now, Asia and emerging Europe is where all the funds are going into. With this, people will be more bullish and spend. Agree that we must not be too greedy. Indications are showing growth, so there are opportunities. There will be a shortage of condos over the next 12 to 18 months so prices will continue to move up but not at such a drastic rate compared to the time frame of Jan to June this year. Revisit the property market in 6 to 12 months and decide if you want to cash out then base on the time of situation. Because situation changes.

Unregistered Guest

I think that guy is asking ME for my prediction, not yours. I can back it up with economic data and assumptions, careful analysis without you having to do any homework. My prediction is, prediction only.

This inflation argument is a sidetrack. We are not talking about inflation. We are talking about the "Greatest Depression" where your property prices will be slashed to half or even more what it is valued now. Mark my words.

Unregistered Guest

I do feel that the market is experiencing a bubble. But I am not sure there will be a depression. Depressions happen once in a century, and only when governments are too stupid to prevent it.

the story today is china. china explains why credit cost is low. China explains why there is asset inflation. China will be growing, and there will be no depression. a hiccup here and there, but no depression.

buy property today at today's prices may seem crazy, and you may get hurt, but it is not possible for the market to crash and wipe out your life savings.

If there is a war, then it is a different story. But I can't see who will attack whom?

Unregistered Guest

why do i get the feeling that the guy hoping for the crash is exactly the same guy that missed out on the recent property boom......

Unregistered Guest

I do feel that the market is experiencing a bubble. But I am not sure there will be a depression. Depressions happen once in a century, and only when governments are too stupid to prevent it.

the story today is china. china explains why credit cost is low. China explains why there is asset inflation. China will be growing, and there will be no depression. a hiccup here and there, but no depression.

buy property today at today's prices may seem crazy, and you may get hurt, but it is not possible for the market to crash and wipe out your life savings.

If there is a war, then it is a different story. But I can't see who will attack whom?
    First sign = "Singapore cuts 2007 trade forecasts as key exports slow in June" CNA news today.

Unregistered Guest

Do you see the US-IRAQ situation is going to the source for many potential probelms ahead. US is caught in a difficult situation, "withdraw" or "not withdraw" the troops? That is the big question, worse still, either way is a big headache for US and eventually the world. I would not be surprised that the middle east situation will get worse soon and this will unleash many problems for the world to deal with incuding the possibility of wars.

Unregistered Guest

First sign = "Singapore cuts 2007 trade forecasts as key exports slow in June" CNA news today.
    Second sign = "Resurgent Al-Qaeda determined to strike US: intelligence" CNA news today.

Unregistered Guest

US-IRAQ situtation, wars etc = flight to safe haven = bring your money to singapore = property prices go up

rich man Guest

99 year leasehold One Rochester, developed by UE, located at North Buona Vista Rd have successfully sold out all their 100 over units of 2 & bedroom units during their recent private sales preview.

One week ago selling prices started at $1000 psf for their directors & staffs. By yesterday prices in the secondary were transacted as high as $1650 psf.

No wonder I've received several offers at $5m for a unit of 3295 sq ft of townhouse at The Ford @ Holland which was purchased at $3.75m during Dec 2006. Last month a similar unit was sold for $4.9m.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rich man
    99 year leasehold One Rochester, developed by UE, located at North Buona Vista Rd have successfully sold out all their 100 over units of 2 & bedroom units during their recent private sales preview.

One week ago selling prices started at $1000 psf for their directors & staffs. By yesterday prices in the secondary were transacted as high as $1650 psf.

No wonder I've received several offers at $5m for a unit of 3295 sq ft of townhouse at The Ford @ Holland which was purchased at $3.75m during Dec 2006. Last month a similar unit was sold for $4.9m.
    Thing may have change this afternoon as propety and stock markets have started the long over due consolidation phase.

Unregistered Guest

Second sign = "Resurgent Al-Qaeda determined to strike US: intelligence" CNA news today.
    Sign of the time = "Britain hit by worst flooding in 60 years" - CNA

Unregistered Guest

Take heed of a top govt. minister's advice: No need to rush. Dont get SPOOKED.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Default Biomedical Sciences Sector Grows Fourfold From 2000

Biomedical sciences sector grows fourfold from 2000
    Agence France-Presse
    Singapore
    Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Singapore's output in biomedical sciences has increased fourfold and the city-state is positioned to further tap Asia's expanding medical market, government officials said on Tuesday.

Output in the biomedical sector reached S$24 billion (US$17.7 billion) last year, up from S$6.3 billion in 2000, when the government began to develop the sector in a bid at economic diversification, the Economic Development Board (EDB) said.

Biomedical sciences - pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technology and healthcare services - last year made up 10.1% of all manufacturing output in Singapore, the EDB said in conjunction with the BioMedical Asia conference of industry players.

Asia's expanding market opportunities and talent pool are major "pull factors" for investors, and Singapore is a strategic location for companies' expansion into the region, EDB said in a statement.

"Within the next decade, we will see Asia emerge as a global powerhouse in the biomedical sciences industry. The sheer size of the market, talent and resource base cannot be ignored," Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang said in an opening address to the conference.

While the industry faces numerous short-term challenges such as escalating research and development costs, the demand for effective medicine would continue to rise, Beh Kian Teik, deputy director of the EDB'S biomedical sciences group, told reporters.

The outlook for biomedical science in Asia is "particularly bright" as companies gear up to access the increasingly affluent and middle-class markets, said Beh.

EDB said Singapore's biomedical sector employed more than 11,500 people last year, double the number employed in the year 2000.

"The biomedical sciences sector is a key pillar of the Singapore economy," said Aw Kah Peng, assistant managing director of EDB.

Business Times Guest

Default New Master Plan Expected To See Selective Changes

New Master Plan expected to see selective changes
    Key sectors seen benefiting include hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport

Kalpana Rashiwala
    The Business Times
    Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2008 - which will be exhibited soon - will see changes in land use and increases in plot ratios, but these will be selective and focused on growth areas, rather than a widespread upgrade in densities, DBS Vickers Securities said in a report dated yesterday.

The strategic initiatives from the Master Plan will filter down to improved growth fundamentals for various economic sectors. While the property sector will be a key and obvious beneficiary, also standing to benefit from the strategic outline are the hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport and construction sectors, the report said.

More land will be provided for development of the aerospace industry and the establishment of a designated hub near Seletar Airport will continue to provide strong fundamentals for the sector's continued growth. For the healthcare sector, DBS Vickers sees a medical hub developing around the Novena area and 'we could see rezoning of land parcels in this area to facilitate the development of this medical hub'.

It also suggests plot ratio increases in some mature HDB estates, as part of the rejuvenation plan. With Jurong and Paya Lebar earmarked as new business hubs outside the CBD, 'we are likely to see a concentration of Government Land Sale projects in these two areas in the medium term'.

Noting that the authorities have revealed plans for new residential enclaves such as the area around Marina South Gardens and Kallang Basin, it said, 'we expect rezoning and plot ratio adjustments in these areas'.

'We expect much of the key significant land use and plot ratio changes to be concentrated in certain strategic areas - Seletar (aerospace industrial use), Jurong (new regional centre), Paya Lebar (commercial hub near city fringe), Marina Bay (white sites and residential), Novena (medical and healthcare), Kallang Basin (residential) and Ophir-Rochor (mixed development).'

The report added: 'With the phased opening of the Circle Line from 2009 onwards, we also expect to see an increase in plot ratios for undeveloped state land sites that are close to Circle Line MRT stations, and in particular those that intersect with existing MRT stations.'

'With interchange stations planned at Paya Lebar, Serangoon, Bishan, Buona Vista, Harbourfront and Dhoby Ghaut, we believe that the highest potential for plot ratio changes could come at the Paya Lebar and Serangoon stations, given that the area around the remaining interchange stations are already relatively built up,' DBS Vickers said.

The project has still not been fully sold. When I pass it daily, I can't help but notice the sign "Deferred Payment" available. Like 1-North, the developer has sold it way, way into the future. Plot ratio increase does not mean much anymore. How to enbloc and get good returns?

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Rochester .. RCR ........ 1 ............................... 1,300 ............ 1,300 ............ 1,300

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of May 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Rochester .. RCR ........ 1 ............................... 1,355 ............ 1,355 ............ 1,355

Unregistered1 Guest

Anyone think the price is reasonable? paying close to 1.4k for buona vista area..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    Anyone think the price is reasonable? paying close to 1.4k for buona vista area..
    THE ROCHESTER ROCHESTER DRIVE Apartment 1,130,000 1,206 937 Jul-08well, its coming down, but I wouldn't pay 1200 for that area. You can buy D9 for that if you look hard enough.

Agentburn Guest

Beware... Those dirty agents bought up a few units during launching at 850ish psf.. some have spin out but some are still holding..
    so if u wanna buy.... below 800 psf !

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Agentburn
    Beware... Those dirty agents bought up a few units during launching at 850ish psf.. some have spin out but some are still holding..
    so if u wanna buy.... below 800 psf !
    really? Cool!. then i am going to wait then. 1.4kpsf for the area is too overpriced. D9 have 1.4kpsf?Hmmm where is it ah? I only know Parc Sophia 1.5k+. anywhere else? Thanks!!

Default The Rochester progress of construction

Does anyone know why the construction is slow compare to other projects launch around the same time? Are they waiting for the tunnelling work of the Circle Line to be complete before they go full steam, is it a deliberate act by United Engineer or is it due to project funding.

This is a great project that will revitalize the entire area; I cannot wait for it to complete.

Patient Guest

Smile

Patience my friends ! and you will be richly rewarded !

Default Credit crunch

With the current credit crunch in the market, do you think United Engineers has sufficient funding to complete the project in addition to fulfill the interest payments for deferred payments? Where can we find such information?

Default find out more details of THE ROCHESTER from http://www.virtualhomes.sg/therochester

Project Name-THE ROCHESTER
    Developer-UE One-North Developments Pte Ltd
    Property Type-Apartment
    Tenure - 99 Yrs From 02/02/2005
    Total Units - 366
    Completion Date - Est 31 Dec 2011
    District - 5

Loft Units (840 - 1281sf)
    1 bedroom / Studio (861 - 980sf)
    2 bedroom (1206 - 1625sf)
    3 bedroom (1701 - 2121sf)
    Penthouse (2271 - 5210sf)

This website contains of 720 degree virtual tour,project details,photos,available unit types,transaction,floor plans,elevation,finished,transaction,location map....

find out more details from
    http://www.virtualhomes.sg/therochester