Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Fedup! Guest

Default Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    I remember to read that a China developer itself faked a record-high transaction to create news on papers. It is possible for big players, properly together with media, to inflenuence the market sentiment and pump up enthusiasm before launch.

The crowd & mass market shouldn't be misled by the prime D9,10,11 properties. The MarQ sold at 5100 has nothing to justify Rochester's 1300, b's the MarQ buyers are far far richer than 4 times of Rochester (one-unit) buyers. They live in a totally different world.

So should be $5,100 psf vs $510 psf?
    Rubbish!
    Talk like an idiot!

If you are poor, just stay away. Don't mess around The Rochester.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedup!
    So should be $5,100 psf vs $510 psf?
    Rubbish!
    Talk like an idiot!

If you are poor, just stay away. Don't mess around The Rochester.
    If you like to be the sucker, go ahead and enjoy what you are.

Unregistered Guest

How come the people at Marq are so rich? Are they the who's who in Singapore and maybe the region, or are they some unknown uber rich people, or are they under-declared tax-evasive hawkers?

District 5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    How come the people at Marq are so rich? Are they the who's who in Singapore and maybe the region, or are they some unknown uber rich people, or are they under-declared tax-evasive hawkers?

I think enough of MarQ lah! Tired already.

Let's talk about something else lah.
    Let's talk about the latest Duchess Residences $2,200 psf (which has just overtook the $2,100 psf).

Unregistered Guest

We were at the Duchess Residences' showflat yesterday. It was basically sold out. What remained are the penhouses and garden maisonettes. These were going for 5-6 million dollars.

The agent said that people began to queue 3am on Saturday morning, and the three and four br units were gone within a few hours after the door opened. yes, they were sold at more than $2000 psf. It is like 1996 all over again. The agents said they saw many foreigners.

We toured the showflat, which is a replica of a penhouse. The finish is not that good. Nothing special. My wife said it is worse then Carabelle. I don't agree with her. but I also felt it was not very impressive. We concluded that it is the location that drew the crowd. We are happy to stay in the west coast, and let the action in the central area take its course.

District 5 Guest

We were at the Duchess Residences' showflat yesterday. It was basically sold out. What remained are the penhouses and garden maisonettes. These were going for 5-6 million dollars.

The agent said that people began to queue 3am on Saturday morning, and the three and four br units were gone within a few hours after the door opened. yes, they were sold at more than $2000 psf. It is like 1996 all over again. The agents said they saw many foreigners.

We toured the showflat, which is a replica of a penhouse. The finish is not that good. Nothing special. My wife said it is worse then Carabelle. I don't agree with her. but I also felt it was not very impressive. We concluded that it is the location that drew the crowd. We are happy to stay in the west coast, and let the action in the central area take its course.

Now waiting for The Rochester to repeat what what happened at Duchess Residences on Saturday 3am.
    But, but, but at a lower price of course due to the different location.

$1,700-2,200 psf vs $1,000-1,500 psf.

Unregistered Guest

Will you take a pillow with you? Don't forget to bring along an umbrella just in case in rain at 3am. We will certainly not be there.

District 5 Guest

Will you take a pillow with you? Don't forget to bring along an umbrella just in case in rain at 3am. We will certainly not be there.

My agent's runner will queue for me lah.
    Do you expect me to queue up?

rpf Guest

The agent said that people began to queue 3am on Saturday morning, and the three and four br units were gone within a few hours after the door opened. yes, they were sold at more than $2000 psf.
    Hmmm...heard a few versions. Some said 3 bdrm for duchess residences were fully sold out on Thursday's private preview at 1800-2200psf. Others mentioned there were still some available on Saturday's viewing. If former was accurate, those queuing for 3bdrm from 3am Sat really wasted their effort.

Unregistered Guest

Not recommending at 800psf. Far too high. Top govt. people are saying "big shock" and "something's coming". Ignore them at your peril. It's not just a "shock", it's "BIG". Foreigners buying nevermind. They are injecting money into this place.

Unregistered Guest

As long as the foreigners are not taking local bank's loans. It must be raw money or "this place" loses if the big shock also affect these foreigners.

Banker Guest

As long as the foreigners are not taking local bank's loans. It must be raw money or "this place" loses if the big shock also affect these foreigners.

Foreigners can take more than 50% loan.

Registered Guest

Not recommending at 800psf. Far too high. Top govt. people are saying "big shock" and "something's coming". Ignore them at your peril. It's not just a "shock", it's "BIG". Foreigners buying nevermind. They are injecting money into this place.

$800psf?
    Are you out of your mind?
    Everyone here will grab man!

Government says Buy, you Buy?
    Government says Big Shock, you Sell?
    You are an idiot then.

We are not an idiot like you.
    Anyway, government never says A Big Shock is coming.

Banker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Banker
    Foreigners can take more than 50% loan.
    Foreigners can't take more than 50% loan.

News Guest

You are a liar!
    The government never says that.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    $800psf?
    Are you out of your mind?
    Everyone here will grab man!

Government says Buy, you Buy?
    Government says Big Shock, you Sell?
    You are an idiot then.

We are not an idiot like you.
    Anyway, government never says A Big Shock is coming.
    I want to buy, but I am concerned about buying in a rising market. Sunday Times got an interview with the bodybuilder who says he doesn't bu in a rising market when people are rushing for them. Today newspaper reports today that some analysts think Asia will be hit very badly soon. There are at best nixed signals everywhere and hedge funds are buying up and they can very fast sell-out also. Then there will be an over-supply. My property will worth so much less than. I think that guy who says doesn't recommend at 800psf is abit ridiculous at this hot market, but I think he or she meant well (he or she could have been burnt like the story on ST about the interior designer who had to break the piggy bank for son's medical fees). We should not ridicule well-meaning people. It doesn't mean they are right, but they could be right. It's a scary time. Buy also not so right, don't buy also not so right. I think govt should stop hedge funds and such funds companies from buying certain properties, like this one. This can keep the market prices more stable. We all want the market to grow at a steady pace, like 5% per year. No bubble, poor economy also won't affect too much. Hedge funds etc make life difficult for the average person.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by News
    You are a liar!
    The government never says that.
    Let's put things in perspective. It was actually a very top government person quoting a survey. TODAY puts it this way: "Risk analysts, in a survey conducted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, warned of a possible "big shock" in the property and stock markets — perhaps before the end of next year." So that guy is correct to say that "some top government people are saying ... " That guy didn't say the government is saying there will be a "big shock".

TODAY also says: "The 10th anniversary of the crisis has prompted cautionary notes from some political and business leaders, including Second Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who last week said: "Something's coming." - So that guy is correct also.

But if you put things in perspective, it means there are top government people who are using the terms "big shock" and "something's coming", but it is not official government's warning or prediction. It could be something beyond the government's control, so better to have some top government people giving out some subtle hints here and there. Mind you, these are not ordinary government people using and saying the terms. Read their portfolio and their past and current appointments. Both got "finance" written allover their portfolio. They know more than we do or say these for what. But still, it's not official government's warning or prediction. So let's put them in perspective.

rpf Guest

mkts can go 3 ways. up, down and sideways.

if u hear someone says mkt is turning, he will most probably get it right....eventually.

question is not if, question is when.

once that can be answered, next question to ask is how much opportunity foregone resides between now and then....

That then should help in the investment decision

Registered Guest

Let's put things in perspective. It was actually a very top government person quoting a survey. TODAY puts it this way: "Risk analysts, in a survey conducted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, warned of a possible "big shock" in the property and stock markets — perhaps before the end of next year." So that guy is correct to say that "some top government people are saying ... " That guy didn't say the government is saying there will be a "big shock".

TODAY also says: "The 10th anniversary of the crisis has prompted cautionary notes from some political and business leaders, including Second Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who last week said: "Something's coming." - So that guy is correct also.

But if you put things in perspective, it means there are top government people who are using the terms "big shock" and "something's coming", but it is not official government's warning or prediction. It could be something beyond the government's control, so better to have some top government people giving out some subtle hints here and there. Mind you, these are not ordinary government people using and saying the terms. Read their portfolio and their past and current appointments. Both got "finance" written allover their portfolio. They know more than we do or say these for what. But still, it's not official government's warning or prediction. So let's put them in perspective.

So must say correctly lah.

Careful not to get into an accident when you cross the road.
    ..... is different from .....
    Don't cross the road. You will get an accident.

This guy is saying .....
    Don't buy, government says "things" coming, price will drop to $800 psf.
    Cum my foot, idiot!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rpf
    mkts can go 3 ways. up, down and sideways.

if u hear someone says mkt is turning, he will most probably get it right....eventually.

question is not if, question is when.

once that can be answered, next question to ask is how much opportunity foregone resides between now and then....

That then should help in the investment decision
    I agree. the question is the BIG when? Market will definitely go up and down or sideway, so when you buy is a big question. If you had bought in 06, you are very lucky. If bought in 2007, would have paid much higher than 06 or 05. ST today frontpage got this story of Bishan no longer a hotspot, how 2 property agents bought their exec mais at 730k or so, and now only worth less than 500k (and now is a hot market) - poor timing. Is this the time to buy? That's the question.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

I agree. the question is the BIG when? Market will definitely go up and down or sideway, so when you buy is a big question. If you had bought in 06, you are very lucky. If bought in 2007, would have paid much higher than 06 or 05. ST today frontpage got this story of Bishan no longer a hotspot, how 2 property agents bought their exec mais at 730k or so, and now only worth less than 500k (and now is a hot market) - poor timing. Is this the time to buy? That's the question.
    No venture no gain, lah. Normally, the higher the risk you take the higher the reward subject to market moving in your direction!

So it all boils down to the million $ question; when will it peak? let's poll:

(a) 1-3mths : by Sep 07
    (b) 3-6mths : by Dec 07
    (c) 6-12mths : by Jun 08
    (d) 12-18mths : by Dec 08
    (e) You are damm optimistic !!

ST reported "Big Shock" will come by End 08, i.e., (d)

Personally, I think it's C. The market will stay resilient until about mid-08, beyond which, I am really not certain.

Pls dun take this too seriously, or gun me down, just doing this out of curiosity, wanting to finding out the sentiments of the forumers here

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by ht

Personally, I think it's C. The market will stay resilient until about mid-08, beyond which, I am really not certain.

Pls dun take this too seriously, or gun me down, just doing this out of curiosity, wanting to finding out the sentiments of the forumers here

Should be end 2008 or even early 2009. Believe the garment cannot let the the 2 IRs to go down the drain. It would be disastrous for the Singapore rejuvenation exercise. However, I also believe somehow the garment will talk the market to cool down but not the extent of crashing it!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Thank you for clarifying. Pei seh and sorry if I wasn't clear.

in-the-know Guest

All wrong! The big shock is not crash, the big shock will be property shooting up to NYC and London levels!

Who will be the people buying? They are certainly not Sengkang Sally or Hougang Harry. Not even the average local Shenton Way or Millenia Tower yuppie.

The people who will buy are the new breed of investor that Singapore has not seen before and not even seeing now. So far up till now, most buyers are the small time global rich, maybe worth only $10-$15 million total assets. We haven't seen the billionaires come in yet.

The peak will come in 2012. You can mark this post and can refer back to it in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ht

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by in-the-know
    All wrong! The big shock is not crash, the big shock will be property shooting up to NYC and London levels!

Who will be the people buying? They are certainly not Sengkang Sally or Hougang Harry. Not even the average local Shenton Way or Millenia Tower yuppie.

The people who will buy are the new breed of investor that Singapore has not seen before and not even seeing now. So far up till now, most buyers are the small time global rich, maybe worth only $10-$15 million total assets. We haven't seen the billionaires come in yet.

The peak will come in 2012. You can mark this post and can refer back to it in 2012.
    I have met so many "in-the-know" in my life, but all of these "in-the-know" turn out to be "thought they know" or "I wish I knew" with time......
    If you have mortaged your shirt to buy property, stay put, no need to panic
    If something bad happen, you will not be alone....

Unregistered Guest

I have met so many "in-the-know" in my life, but all of these "in-the-know" turn out to be "thought they know" or "I wish I knew" with time......
    If you have mortaged your shirt to buy property, stay put, no need to panic
    If something bad happen, you will not be alone....
    "you will not be alone...." RIGHT ON SPOT!!!!

The fastest rate of growth in the world "zeronaire"!!!! 66,660 new member club.....

rpf Guest

The actual article:

*Singapore Warns of Looming Global Crisis Amid Asset Bubbles

By Shamim Adam
    June 24 (Bloomberg) -- Global financial markets are at risk
    of a ``vicious'' pull back of investment as interest rates
    increase, Singapore's Second Finance Minister Tharman
    Shanmugaratnam said.
    So-called asset bubbles are forming as the price of real
    estate, stocks and other assets increases across the world,
    Shanmugaratnam told delegates attending the World Economic Forum
    on East Asia conference in Singapore today.
    ``Seasoned observers know the risks are piling up in the
    system,'' Shanmugaratnam said. ``It's precisely because everyone
    is feeling good that we know something is coming
    . The risk of an
    unwinding in global financial markets arising from an increase
    in interest rates, in particular, is going to have many
    unpredictable impacts.''

A total of $469 billion in overseas investment will move to
    emerging markets this year, according to the Institute of
    International Finance in Washington. That will bring the total
    since 2005 to almost $1.5 trillion, twice as much as in the
    prior three years.
    Policy makers in Asia are adding restrictions on lending
    and increasing taxes on share trades to combat bubbles that have
    made Hong Kong's apartment rents the world's costliest and
    Chinese stocks twice as expensive as others in the region.
    Central banks in Asia including Japan and China have raised
    interest rates this year.
    ``We really can't tell from this unwinding, but it can be
    substantial, and financial markets should brace themselves and
    put in place shock absorbers,'' Shanmugaratnam said. ``Let's
    realize that asset markets that go up can eventually come down,
    keep our eyes open and look at the bubbles that are forming
    across the world today, including in Asia.''

Unregistered Guest

"you will not be alone...." RIGHT ON SPOT!!!!

The fastest rate of growth in the world "zeronaire"!!!! 66,660 new member club.....
    I am fortunate to be on the "seller" side since the beginning of the year.
    I have been buying property shortly after the "SARS",
    I have indeed mortgaged my shirt for doing so, even the Singapore encomy collapsed tomorrow, I am doing OK.
    If the boom last one more year, I should be able to retire by next summer. Not a bad idea, I don't mind to be at a fancy resort in Bali enjoying the olympic games for the whole month.

Buyer Guest

OK, now back to The Rochester, buy or not to buy during launch.

Buy!
    Yes!