Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glendale park

If u buy hillview now, be prepared to accept the lousy rental yield. I know someone who bought hillington as first owner, px then was 800k plus n it has gone up to $1.4 million for three bedder. Years ago, rental was $3k plus, today it is still $3.5k even if u buy at 1.3-1.4 million
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich12345
    Glendale Park or Hillview Park should i buy for own stay? Why these two properties seemed so cheap in price taking into consideration that its a FH and next to future MRT? Its because of the rental price dropped due to construction and congested traffic? I'm new in the place. Please advise.

Glendale Park or Hillview Park should i buy for own stay? Why these two properties seemed so cheap in price taking into consideration that its a FH and next to future MRT? Its because of the rental price dropped due to construction and congested traffic? I'm new in the place. Please advise.
    Hillview area has limited upside.

U not consider hillview heights or Summerhill? It will be convenient wen mrt is ready

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    U not consider hillview heights or Summerhill? It will be convenient wen mrt is ready
    I thought Glendale park is the nearest to the Hillview MRT and new shopping mall just accross the road. I buying for own stay and for capital gain. So, i think Glendale is the best choice right?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hillview area has limited upside.
    May i know what you mean by limited upside? Its no capital gain potential? But when MRT is completed, price will be up by at least 10% right?

I thought Glendale park is the nearest to the Hillview MRT and new shopping mall just accross the road. I buying for own stay and for capital gain. So, i think Glendale is the best choice right?
    Yes, Glendale park is nearest to mrt....I am glad people like u see the potential of a freehold condo near mrt in tat area....do your survey properly and act bfo the master plan 2013 announcement this year....as I am waiting for the 20% appreciation from the green cooridor plans and the mrt 2015

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Yes, Glendale park is nearest to mrt....I am glad people like u see the potential of a freehold condo near mrt in tat area....do your survey properly and act bfo the master plan 2013 announcement this year....as I am waiting for the 20% appreciation from the green cooridor plans and the mrt 2015
    Looking forward to the master plan 2013, may I know roughly when would it be announced? GP is the nearest to mrt, together with the other FH next to it.

I hope the master plan 2013 will not be out so early as my bullets are only really by end of Nov. Anyway, i believe the hillview areas have too many condos thats why prices are not as good as compared to other places. Tenants and buyers can choosy on their pick.

Ya, tats true...tats why I diversify my portfolio to serangoon and potong pasir, for the next growth phase.....and is rewarding too

My new friend who live at Hillview heights told me there will be a 28 stories new condo directly in front of Glendale Park across the road. The new building will block all the wind and will be very hot for the resident there. The traffic also not very smooth for hillview. Its true?

Smile

My new friend who live at Hillview heights told me there will be a 28 stories new condo directly in front of Glendale Park across the road. The new building will block all the wind and will be very hot for the resident there. The traffic also not very smooth for hillview. Its true?
    was he referring to the Hiller?

Depends. There are people who prefer exclusively private estates, e.g. Hillview, Bukit Timah, East Coast etc. Of course if your plan is to invest in an area where is mainly HDB flats with few condos or landed like Jurong or Tampines, also can. To each his own. Exclusively private estates have their charm. No 2 condos look alike (esp the older ones where developers engage real architects) which adds to the character of the area.

Prices are pretty good. New launches at ~1400psf and Hillington/Glendale $1100psf or so. Better prices than many RCR/OCR old condos liao - bear in mind many of the old condos have fairly large units, unlike places like D15 or Balestier where the high PSF sometimes is due to studios and MMs with low quantums.

I hope the master plan 2013 will not be out so early as my bullets are only really by end of Nov. Anyway, i believe the hillview areas have too many condos thats why prices are not as good as compared to other places. Tenants and buyers can choosy on their pick.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 12-07-13 at 14:40.

Glendale Park will have Hillier opposite which is close to the shopping mall and MRT station. Also, Hiller actually block the west sun which adds shade to Glendale Park. Nowadays people seem to hate west sun. And it's a nicer condo in terms of landscape etc. Every condo has its pros and cons.

But you could be right the construction at Upper Bukit Timah for the MRT might have affected the value somewhat at $1100psf thereabou. But that is temporary.

Last edited by Wild Falcon; 12-07-13 at 14:44.

Default Re: Glendale park