Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Cube 8 (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline View Post
    In fact drywall is one of the requisites for higher balcony bonus gfa to promote higher construction productivity:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/circulars/...p/dc13-10.aspx
    Good info.

I do know dry walls are categorized into a few grades, mainly according to the level of sound insulation.

most apts in NYC use dry wall ... very common ...

only the main walls are concrete ...

It does not require special skill with dry wall construction and faster too. Types of nails use will be different if you are to mount tv, painting, etc on the wall. Reinstatement of such holes is different from blockwall or brickwall. Too many holes drilled on the wall may weaken it as the material is gypsum board. Authority encourages it as they do not use sand and therefore cheaper and can be constructed faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline View Post
    In fact drywall is one of the requisites for higherbalcony bonus gfa to promote higher construction productivity:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/circulars/...p/dc13-10.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Love the dark colored frames.

btw good learning tip from agent for newly top projects.

"Advantage of being the 1st tenant:*-You can choose the colour of the lightings & curtains*-1year warranty for all the appliances"

Learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Thats why u see some tenants keep shifting to newly top projects after their 1 year lease is over.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Thats why u see some tenants keep shifting to newly top projects after their 1 year lease is over.
    Problem with newly top project is that it will be noiser and many contractors strangers roaming around.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi View Post
    Love the dark colored frames.

btw good learning tip from agent for newly top projects.

"Advantage of being the 1st tenant:*-You can choose the colour of the lightings & curtains*-1year warranty for all the appliances"

Learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing.
    Appliances and curtains are cheap. To better secure tenants at faster and higher rate I always change all appliances and curtains and beds.

Just sharing some shots taken with my handphone of my 2-bedder currently undergoing renovation.

The unit is facing PIE and so it can be pretty noisy when balcony door/windows are left open. When closed, it is bearable. Should be better when the curtains are up.

A few more photos.

nice! congrats!

Congrats! Looking good!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I am wondering since the kitchen not segregated from living room means cannot do real cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by wesing View Post
    Just sharing some shots taken with my handphone of my 2-bedder currently undergoing renovation.

The unit is facing PIE and so it can be pretty noisy when balcony door/windows are left open. When closed, it is bearable. Should be better when the curtains are up.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I am wondering since the kitchen not segregated from living room means cannot do real cooking?
    thanks for sharing! congrats!

i have 2 questions:
    1. how big is your unit?
    2. what floor are u on?
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You ask the wrong person, I have no unit in cube8, just asking those who buy property with no segregation of kitchen from living room whether they are not going to do serious cooking is it?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post

i have 2 questions:
    1. how big is your unit?
    2. what floor are u on?

Just curious.. Are u selling off your existing Apt in the north or keeping for rental ?

Quote Originally Posted by amazon777 View Post
    Just curious.. Are u selling off your existing Apt in the north or keeping for rental ?
    I intend to move into Cube8 end January. Will be renting out my unit in Woodsvale furnished. Hopefully could find a tenant in late February.

i have 2 questions:
    1. how big is your unit?
    2. what floor are u on?
    904 sq ft on the 11th floor

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Me and wife seldom do not do much "real cooking" even at my current unit at Woodsvale. So not really bothered by it.

Btw, the one, two and three bedders at Cube8 shares very much the same design.

904 sq ft on the 11th floor
    Congrats. Nice photos.

U mentioned in ur previous posts that u don't mind the PIE noise and condo is close to ur work. Once u have these 2 factors and with a nice condo design and interior, u do have a place that suits u. U must hav bought at a great price too.

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats again.

i like the toilet marble wall. Looks posh.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Congrats. Nice photos.

U mentioned in ur previous posts that u don't mind the PIE noise and condo is close to ur work. Once u have these 2 factors and with a nice condo design and interior, u do have a place that suits u. U must hav bought at a great price too.

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats again.
    Yes. The daily drive down from Woodlands to Novena (my wife's office) and Napier Road (my office) is terrible. The petrol saved can be used to pay for the higher maintenance fee which is just below$500 per month for a two-bedder unit.

The other plus point of this project is the sky lobby. At least one staying at the lower floors get to see the view on the 33rd floor in-door swimming pool/jaccuzi area.

congrats again. 904 sqft is a good size and it looks big from the pictures.

is this condo walkable from the future mount pleasant mrt? hows the transport/accessibility currently?
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

congrats again. 904 sqft is a good size and it looks big from the pictures.

is this condo walkable from the future mount pleasant mrt? hows the transport/accessibility currently?
    Not really walkable to any current (Novena & Caldecott) or future (Bukit Brown or Mt Pleasant) MRT station. All these station are 1.5 km or more away from the condo.

If one don't drive, can take a bus (should take less than 3 minutes excluding waiting time) to reach Novena. To go home, alight either at Caldecott or Toa Payoh and then take a bus so that don't have to cross main road.

The main concern now is how much congestion the construction of NSE underneath Thomson Road will cause to this area. If there is a realignment of lanes and bus-stops, walking to take public transport and even driving may be problematic.

Got to "tong" for 3-4 years until NSE constructions complete I reckoned. Don't think Thomson Line construction will impact the traffic there much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle View Post
    i like the toilet marble wall. Looks posh.
    I think the master toilet wall is granite and the floor is marble. As for common toilets, both walls/floor are tiles.

Not really walkable to any current (Novena & Caldecott) or future (Bukit Brown or Mt Pleasant) MRT station. All these station are 1.5 km or more away from the condo.

If one don't drive, can take a bus (should take less than 3 minutes excluding waiting time) to reach Novena. To go home, alight either at Caldecott or Toa Payoh and then take a bus so that don't have to cross main road.

The main concern now is how much congestion the construction of NSE underneath Thomson Road will cause to this area. If there is a realignment of lanes and bus-stops, walking to take public transport and even driving may be problematic.

Got to "tong" for 3-4 years until NSE constructions complete I reckoned. Don't think Thomson Line construction will impact the traffic there much though.

Actually it is eaily walkable from cube8 to novena MRT. depending on how fast one walks. This is relative of course. Have done this a few times, comfortable, about 900m not 1.5km. It is quite a direct route unlike some places where one has to go around, up, down etc. The concern about NSE is real, but no one is 100% sure how this will actually impact on the traffic situation over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Actually it is eaily walkable from cube8 to novena MRT. depending on how fast one walks. This is relative of course. Have done this a few times, comfortable, about 900m not 1.5km. It is quite a direct route unlike some places where one has to go around, up, down etc. The concern about NSE is real, but no one is 100% sure how this will actually impact on the traffic situation over there.
    Agree... Novena is walkable. 10 - 12mins. I think future Mt Pleasant will also be within walking distance (my estimate is approx 700m) from Cube8... I expect Mt Pleasant to have underground walkways reaching Sky11/Thomson Flyover, but let's see. Toa Payoh is out of (walking) reach imho.

Yes. The daily drive down from Woodlands to Novena (my wife's office) and Napier Road (my office) is terrible. The petrol saved can be used to pay for the higher maintenance fee which is just below$500 per month for a two-bedder unit.

The other plus point of this project is the sky lobby. At least one staying at the lower floors get to see the view on the 33rd floor in-door swimming pool/jaccuzi area.
    wesing

maintenance of $400+ for a 2 bedders is not cheap. But you will have an extra hour of nap everyday which is priceless.

possible to post some pics on pool and common area ?

Congrats wesing

Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Congrats wesing
    Congrats!

I actually put in a blank cheque during pre launch but cannot get a unit for this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle View Post
    wesing

maintenance of $400+ for a 2 bedders is not cheap. But you will have an extra hour of nap everyday which is priceless.

possible to post some pics on pool and common area ?
    Photos of the common facilities are attached.