Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cube 8 (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    The front gate of Cube8 and 368 will be ultra-congested during peak hours and dun think one will be able to get out and turn right into Whitley towards PIE from Cube8 unless the driver damn garang and driving a piece of junk Will have to do a u-turn further down thomson road in order to hit PIE and should probably take not more than 10 minutes during peak to do so. I drop my wife at MCYS building and then take a right a whitley to go to my office everyday.

With yellow boxes drawn at the gate and the traffic light at the thomson/balestier junction, exiting out from Cube8 should not be a major problem though.

But the condos around this stretch (cube8, 368, arte, vista) are definitely not for those that are adverse to traffic congestion, noise and pollution. But then I think Sky11 is not totally immuned from these ills
    Agree. It'll be impossible for those exiting Cube 8 to try to cut across 4 lanes to get into PIE/whitley. Getting out into Thomson is def no problem.
    For 368, they have a rear exit at Jln Raja Udang, so maybe they can enter Arte and exit Thomson Rd to get into PIE

I've noticed traffic on Sat late am/afternoon down Thomson road is quite bad (becos of church services at Novena). Weekday am as well, but that's everywhere. But other times, I can zip into Orchard from this area in < 10min thru Novena/Newton/Cairnhill. Alternate routes include thru Shan Road/Irrawaddy.

As for noise, there's no running when the buildings are right beside the expressway. It propagates upwards and outwards. Not sure how it is at Sky though... never been up there.

The front gate of Cube8 and 368 will be ultra-congested during peak hours and dun think one will be able to get out and turn right into Whitley towards PIE from Cube8 unless the driver damn garang and driving a piece of junk Will have to do a u-turn further down thomson road in order to hit PIE and should probably take not more than 10 minutes during peak to do so. I drop my wife at MCYS building and then take a right a whitley to go to my office everyday.

With yellow boxes drawn at the gate and the traffic light at the thomson/balestier junction, exiting out from Cube8 should not be a major problem though.

But the condos around this stretch (cube8, 368, arte, vista) are definitely not for those that are adverse to traffic congestion, noise and pollution. But then I think Sky11 is not totally immuned from these ills
    Good observation, you are right but i have seen some of this super garang drivers chiong right to hit PIE..

Sky11 is slightly better but still in the mix of the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Especially those facing MCYS.

But will die c??k stand if stay at Sky11 and yet dun drive.

Saw an angmoh family walking back home from the bus-stop outside the old police academy gate (along PIE). Can see the agony/anguish on their faces

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Good observation, you are right but i have seen some of this super garang drivers chiong right to hit PIE..

as i was thinking about exit from cube 8... for those trying to get INTO cube 8 from town, have to do a u-turn after thomson PIE flyover at entrance of Sky 11 to get to main entrance. Is this an impt consideration?

At least for 368 and arte, can turn into Balestier and Jln raja udang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    as i was thinking about exit from cube 8... for those trying to get INTO cube 8 from town, have to do a u-turn after thomson PIE flyover at entrance of Sky 11 to get to main entrance. Is this an impt consideration?

At least for 368 and arte, can turn into Balestier and Jln raja udang.
    Cannot do u-turn at Sky11.

Instead, turn left into whitley and then do a right to go under the flyover and join the PIE exit sliproad toward Thomson Road, then turn right (go straight if going Sky11) onto Thomson Road towards Novena.

It's a bit jialuck to turn into cube8 when traveling on Thomson from Novena

Cannot do u-turn at Sky11.

Instead, turn left into whitley and then do a right to go under the flyover and join the PIE exit sliproad toward Thomson Road, then turn right (go straight if going Sky11) onto Thomson Road towards Novena.

It's a bit jialuck to turn into cube8 when traveling on Thomson from Novena
    oic... you obviously have done your homework.
    but that's a bit of a detour, and to be honest, that PIE exit to Thomson road can be a pain.. i use it almost every day.

Just checked. According to Google Map, can do U-turn at the entrance of Sky11 so dun need to do a big loop at Whitley then Never know can leh Will take a good look when I drive pass tomorrow

Also, I dun think it is walkable to Novena MRT (950 meters) at least for me. So it is better take a bus to Novena MRT. When coming home, stop at Toa Payoh MRT instead and take bus to cube8 so that dun need to cross thomson road twice (if alight at Novena)

Just checked. According to Google Map, can do U-turn at the entrance of Sky11 so dun need to do a big loop at Whitley then Never know can leh Will take a good look when I drive pass tomorrow

Also, I dun think it is walkable to Novena MRT (950 meters) at least for me. So it is better take a bus to Novena MRT. When coming home, stop at Toa Payoh MRT instead and take bus to cube8 so that dun need to cross thomson road twice (if alight at Novena)
    ok. you bought a unit at cube? good for you.
    will cube have shuttle service to novena? arte has daily free shuttle service to novena every 30min, but ends at 6.30pm i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    ok. you bought a unit at cube? good for you.
    will cube have shuttle service to novena? arte has daily free shuttle service to novena every 30min, but ends at 6.30pm i think
    No bus shuttle for cube8. Not that I know of.

Me bought 2-bedder (PIE flyover view) for own stay. Current 3-bedder condo in north too big for just me & wife and also too far from workplace. Wife works at SLF bldg, so she can walk to work Wife always phobic of insects/lizards getting into house, so windows always fully shut. Noise/air pollution thus not a big concern for me especially if I soundproof the windows

Sky11 don play play ok, it was sold out within 30hrs of vvip preview in 07.

http://www.asiabuilders.com.sg/asiab...try_code=conSG

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Sky11 don play play ok, it was sold out within 30hrs of vvip preview in 07.

http://www.asiabuilders.com.sg/asiab...try_code=conSG
    Those were the good old days The logistics company that I work for then was looking for warehouse to rent. Just go back and consult management, next day property rented out to others oredi. Cannot wait one. Like must quickly double confirm

Those were the good old days The logistics company that I work for then was looking for warehouse to rent. Just go back and consult management, next day property rented out to others oredi. Cannot wait one. Like must quickly double confirm
    haha... i heard all the SPH senior mgmt got a few units there at good prices during launch. too bad i am neither senior mgmt nor working for sph

Sky11 not noisy at all....but aso not totally quiet la...if close the kitchen windows will b vy quiet liao....some background humming noise from the back

Its super super nice project.....

CDL had jsut asked for the first 10% of the progressive payment.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Sky11 not noisy at all....but aso not totally quiet la...if close the kitchen windows will b vy quiet liao....some background humming noise from the back

Its super super nice project.....
    TT will be smiling from ear to ear when he hears this

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    TT will be smiling from ear to ear when he hears this
    too bad not my godpa....whaha...i want a free unit

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    too bad not my godpa....whaha...i want a free unit
    no need free unit, just give u 1st priority to chose, good enough to make $ then..

Two more sub-sale for 926 sq ft 2-bedder were closed for Cube 8 recently. One was transacted at $1404 psf (Aug) and the other $1231 psf (Sep).

Anyone know the floor of these two sub-sale units and also the initial psf that was paid by the first owners?

Seems like only the 926 sq ft 2-bedders are put up for sub-sale

After nearly one year of inactivity, another 926 sq ft 2-bedder unit was subsale at $1426 psf in August 2012. Anyone know the unit # and psf paid by first buyer?

Pass by the worksite very morning when going to work. Builder already completed up to the 26th floor. Another 10 floors to go. May be can TOP before end 2013 if construction go soon soon. Probably would expect more subsale to happen in the next 12 months

Still dun understand why only the 926 sq ft units are sub-sale so far

2012-08-08 #23-XX 926sq ft 1426psf $1,320,000

no matching purchase caveat found. but previous caveats showed profits had been thin for all the 926sq ft units (original buyers all bought in Feb 2010 launch):

2011-09-26 #13-XX sold 1231psf bought 1289psf (the only loss transaction)

before that:

2011-08-26 #19-XX sold 1404psf bought 1293psf
    2011-06-03 #14-XX sold 1372psf bought 1327psf
    2010-09-24 #08-XX sold 1289psf bought 1227psf

current seller could be estimated to have paid around 1300psf? probably just under 10% GROSS profit.

After nearly one year of inactivity, another 926 sq ft 2-bedder unit was subsale at $1426 psf in August 2012. Anyone know the unit # and psf paid by first buyer?

Pass by the worksite very morning when going to work. Builder already completed up to the 26th floor. Another 10 floors to go. May be can TOP before end 2013 if construction go soon soon. Probably would expect more subsale to happen in the next 12 months

Still dun understand why only the 926 sq ft units are sub-sale so far

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    2012-08-08 #23-XX 926sq ft 1426psf $1,320,000

no matching purchase caveat found. but previous caveats showed profits had been thin for all the 926sq ft units (original buyers all bought in Feb 2010 launch):

2011-09-26 #13-XX sold 1231psf bought 1289psf (the only loss transaction)

before that:

2011-08-26 #19-XX sold 1404psf bought 1293psf
    2011-06-03 #14-XX sold 1372psf bought 1327psf
    2010-09-24 #08-XX sold 1289psf bought 1227psf

current seller could be estimated to have paid around 1300psf? probably just under 10% GROSS profit.
    Thanks for the info.

Think the psf for the #23 unit should be around $1317 - the highest (21 to 23 floor) and lowest floor (5 to 7 floor) units first to be released during VVIP launch. The difference per floor was $6 psf.

Minus stamp duty, lawyer fees (for both purchase and sale) and also loan cancellation fees, I computed the profits for the subsale of unit #19 & #23 to be around $59,000.

Return is just below 5% of the initial purchase price and around 21% of the actual capital outlay.

Good or bad deal

Thanks for the info.

Think the psf for the #23 unit should be around $1317 - the highest (21 to 23 floor) and lowest floor (5 to 7 floor) units first to be released during VVIP launch. The difference per floor was $6 psf.

Minus stamp duty, lawyer fees (for both purchase and sale) and also loan cancellation fees, I computed the profits for the subsale of unit #19 & #23 to be around $59,000.

Return is just below 5% of the initial purchase price and around 21% of the actual capital outlay.

Good or bad deal
    Forgot to deduct away agent commission at say 2% Net profit only left with around $33,000 which is about 2.8% of the initial purchase price.

A friend bought M21 near novena at $1410psf st high floor. It is quieter and better view there.
    Forgot to deduct away agent commission at say 2% Net profit only left with around $33,000 which is about 2.8% of the initial purchase price.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    A friend bought M21 near novena at $1410psf st high floor. It is quieter and better view there.
    M21 is a small development....

As I had posted in another thread, traffic congestion and noise/dust pollution will be terrible in the next 10 years or so with the construction of the North-South Highway and also the Mount Pleasant's MRT Station

Wonder whether the new Mount Pleasant MRT would have any short-run impact on the property value as this station should be within walking distance from Cube 8 and 368 Thomson as compared to Novena MRT. But then, got to wait till 2023 to enjoy it

Based on the rate of construction (currently at the 27th floor), I reckoned TOP to be latest by the last quarter of 2013.

It is about 15 minutes walk.
    As I had posted in another thread, traffic congestion and noise/dust pollution will be terrible in the next 10 years or so with the construction of the North-South Highway and also the Mount Pleasant's MRT Station

Wonder whether the new Mount Pleasant MRT would have any short-run impact on the property value as this station should be within walking distance from Cube 8 and 368 Thomson as compared to Novena MRT. But then, got to wait till 2023 to enjoy it

Based on the rate of construction (currently at the 27th floor), I reckoned TOP to be latest by the last quarter of 2013.

It is about 15 minutes walk.
    Got so far meh? If station situated at the old Police Academy Gate near the PIE slip road towards Thomson Road, I reckoned should be below 10 minutes ie walk along Thomson Road and cross at the traffic light at the Sky11 junction.

It is the old police academy right? It is about 1-2 bus stops away but got to walk along the PIE? Can walk from Thomson 368 ? Anyone stay around that end of Balestier? Will the price increase?

One dusun already hit 1800 psf. Crazy price. By the time TOP, asking will be 2k psf. Vista penthouses already asking 1950psf from developer and Far East usually will stick to the price they believe can eventually be achieved. Can price still go up ? Maybe 2020

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    It is the old police academy right? It is about 1-2 bus stops away but got to walk along the PIE? Can walk from Thomson 368 ? Anyone stay around that end of Balestier? Will the price increase?
    According to Google map and assuming the configuration of Thomson Road does not change, it is around 250m from Cube 8 gate to the junction of Thomson Road/Thomson Lane and about another 350m walk after crossing the traffic light to the main gate of Old Police Academy at the PIE slip road.

The walking distance should be around 600m = less than 10 minutes walk I reckoned