Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cube 8 (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Waaa...anybody got firesale of the 1 bedders can sell to me....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Waaa...anybody got firesale of the 1 bedders can sell to me....
    many are available at the usual sg ppty websites but the asking prices (though negotiable in some cases) are fiery Definitely not priced to sell

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Another subsale was closed in June 2011. Again it is a 926 sq ft 2-bedder transaced at $1,372 psf.

Can someone find out which unit is it and what was the psf/price the first owner paid to CDL?

We could then estimate how much he had made/lost in this deal
    Any registered streetsine users out there to tell us the original price of this subsale unit?

Based on caveats lodged for those units purchased from CDL, the psf ranges from $1210 (#05-07) to 1346 (#17-07).

Any registered streetsine users out there to tell us the original price of this subsale unit?

Based on caveats lodged for those units purchased from CDL, the psf ranges from $1210 (#05-07) to 1346 (#17-07).
    You can try www.propertyvizion.com. You need to register, but it is free, although not all projects are included unlike streetsine. But, most of the high end luxurious projects are included.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    You can try www.propertyvizion.com. You need to register, but it is free, although not all projects are included unlike streetsine. But, most of the high end luxurious projects are included.
    Thanks for the tip. Joined the site but it does not have this transaction done in June 2011 yet

Update 23rd july 2011.

This is even nearer to PIE. Better buy unit that faces Novena.
    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Update 23rd july 2011.

Hi Wesing,

Hope below answer your question.

Capital Gain
    376 Thomson Road #14-07 926 $1,326 psf (Feb 10) $1,371 psf (Jun 11) 3.4%
    Capital Gain

Harrr...earn so little only?

Quote Originally Posted by AAA
    Hi Wesing,

Hope below answer your question.

Capital Gain

376 Thomson Road #14-07 926 $1,326 psf (Feb 10) $1,371 psf (Jun 11) 3.4%
    Capital Gain

Thanks a lot AAA.

Just $45 psf higher than initial price = $41.7k profit. Just barely recover the stamp duty ($31k) and lawyer fee ($4k). If the first owner secured 80% loan and kena 0.5% loan cancellation fee = $5k, nothing left Suffered loss if kena agent commission

Would you consider this firesale or run quick quick (ie lose less or lose nothing is equivalent to a WIN)

Fortunate to sell at minimal losses. Pity the buyer.
    Thanks a lot AAA.

Just $45 psf higher than initial price = $41.7k profit. Just barely recover the stamp duty ($31k) and lawyer fee ($4k). If the first owner secured 80% loan and kena 0.5% loan cancellation fee = $5k, nothing left Suffered loss if kena agent commission

Would you consider this firesale or run quick quick (ie lose less or lose nothing is equivalent to a WIN)

Why pity the buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Fortunate to sell at minimal losses. Pity the buyer.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Maybe the owner went to buy Thomson Grand.

Are you sure you want to buy Cube 8 or 368?
    Check this out? It's the PIE flyover next to Cube and the proposed North South Expressway. This was posted by Aronho at Skyscraper forum.

Link: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...576523&page=14
    Last edited by ecimbew; 24-07-11 at 01:47.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Oh dear...no wonder they all want to sell off with minimum loss.

See the flyers you will know why one should not go for Arte, Cube, 368, etc. Read the recent article by the award winning research in NUS on traffic related health risk. Developers have made the $ and move on why buyers will regret. Sky at eleven is still my optimal choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Why pity the buyer?

See the flyers you will know why one should not go for Arte, Cube, 368, etc. Read the recent article by the award winning research in NUS on traffic related health risk. Developers have made the $ and move on why buyers will regret. Sky at eleven is still my optimal choice.
    Pity the buyer!!!

That is why one important criterion of property investment is not to buy property near any roads, expressways or flyover in Singapore. Look at CTE, it is expanding again. Really pity those HDB flats next to it. How to sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Pity the buyer!!!

That is why one important criterion of property investment is not to buy property near any roads, expressways or flyover in Singapore. Look at CTE, it is expanding again. Really pity those HDB flats next to it. How to sell?
    One highway is bad...two is double confirm bad!!!

Yeah. I would put this consideration above a lot of other factors. There is a long term health risk. NID is a slow process and you will not realise it until very late.

Immune System deteriorate with time. With money cannot enjoy life and need to carry an oxygen tank around.
    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Yeah. I would put this consideration above a lot of other factors. There is a long term health risk. NID is a slow process and you will not realise it until very late.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Are you sure you want to buy Cube 8 or 368?
    Check this out? It's the PIE flyover next to Cube and the proposed North South Expressway. This was posted by Aronho at Skyscraper forum.

Link: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...576523&page=14
    Huh?? Funny leh..
    The "blue" line already overlaps into The Arte.. if the blue line is correct.. then it look more like a tunnel going below The Arte.

If is flyover, can they do piling/construction over the playground, tennis court & landscape inside The Arte??

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/[email protected]
    Last edited by Rysk; 24-07-11 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Huh?? Funny leh..
    The "blue" line already overlaps into The Arte.. if the blue line is correct.. then it look more like a tunnel going below The Arte.

If is flyover, can they do piling/construction over the playground, tennis court & landscape inside The Arte??

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/[email protected]
    Sometimes these speculative drawings are posted so that one can pick up fire sale properties.

The blue lines are the existing canals.

No one is trying to make owners sell their units. They can keep it.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

i've been following the thread at skyscraper on the North South expressway.
    This interchange will be super messy if all the roads are above road level. The beige color is the existing roads, and i think the dotted ones are new connection to the NSE North and South bound from PIE.

NSE will be underground at the PIE/Thomson/Balestier interchange... it goes underground at Toa Payoh Rise, just before entrance to Sky11 if you come from North.

The planning for the underground section of the NSE has not been confirmed, but i think most of these connections between the NSE and current PIE will be underground. But for sure, there will be lots of construction/road realignment at this junction from 2015.

Where does the NSE start? At the area where cube 8/ arte is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    i've been following the thread at skyscraper on the North South expressway.
    This interchange will be super messy if all the roads are above road level. The beige color is the existing roads, and i think the dotted ones are new connection to the NSE North and South bound from PIE.

NSE will be underground at the PIE/Thomson/Balestier interchange... it goes underground at Toa Payoh Rise, just before entrance to Sky11 if you come from North.

The planning for the underground section of the NSE has not been confirmed, but i think most of these connections between the NSE and current PIE will be underground. But for sure, there will be lots of construction/road realignment at this junction from 2015.
    Will just have to wait for LTA to release ino on the NSE connections to the PIE. Will be complicating if connecting at the PIE/Thomson junction as besides the moonsoon train, there are also the MRT tunnels there.

From what I last heard from the media on NSE, the southern end currently ends somewhere near the marymount road/thomson road junction.

Don't seems to have much land available for the NSE to run parallel to thomson road to connect to PIE unless all the nursery and also the polo club have to go.

Btw, I have notice many public works currently being done inside the forested area at MCYS back gate.

Will just have to wait for LTA to release ino on the NSE connections to the PIE. Will be complicating if connecting at the PIE/Thomson junction as besides the moonsoon train, there are also the MRT tunnels there.

From what I last heard from the media on NSE, the southern end currently ends somewhere near the marymount road/thomson road junction.

Don't seems to have much land available for the NSE to run parallel to thomson road to connect to PIE unless all the nursery and also the polo club have to go.

Btw, I have notice many public works currently being done inside the forested area at MCYS back gate.
    The Thomson road below the PIE stretch near the Thomson Hospital is currently a bottleneck nightmare..., with cars exiting PIE and cars turning left into Balestier road, condo construction vehicles before the zebra crossing, separate bus lane under the PIE merging right in front of Cube 8...Would take a damn good road design and few years of realignment works to sort the traffic out. I try to avoid this junction whenever i need to go to Balestier road...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    The Thomson road below the PIE stretch near the Thomson Hospital is currently a bottleneck nightmare..., with cars exiting PIE and cars turning left into Balestier road, condo construction vehicles before the zebra crossing, separate bus lane under the PIE merging right in front of Cube 8...Would take a damn good road design and few years of realignment works to sort the traffic out. I try to avoid this junction whenever i need to go to Balestier road...
    The front gate of Cube8 and 368 will be ultra-congested during peak hours and dun think one will be able to get out and turn right into Whitley towards PIE from Cube8 unless the driver damn garang and driving a piece of junk Will have to do a u-turn further down thomson road in order to hit PIE and should probably take not more than 10 minutes during peak to do so. I drop my wife at MCYS building and then take a right a whitley to go to my office everyday.

With yellow boxes drawn at the gate and the traffic light at the thomson/balestier junction, exiting out from Cube8 should not be a major problem though.

But the condos around this stretch (cube8, 368, arte, vista) are definitely not for those that are adverse to traffic congestion, noise and pollution. But then I think Sky11 is not totally immuned from these ills

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Where does the NSE start? At the area where cube 8/ arte is?
    NSE, as the name implies, run all the way from North (woodlands) to South (city). only the alignment for the northern sector has been announced by LTA, from North all the way to toa payoh rise, just after Marymount. Its a combi of flyovers, at grade road, and semi-tunnels.

The Southern half of NSE (from Toa Payoh rise into City) will be underground and still under planning. It will run under Thomson road, past Novena junction, towards Kg Java, left onto Bt Timah under the current MRT downtown line tunnels towards Ophir and connect into ECP i think, all underground.

as some of the members here point out, it will be interesting (and challenging) to see how they plan the interchange/entry/exit points with the PIE and Balestier Rd