Thread: Hoe high do you think the new BTO at Dawson Estate will fetch?

Default Hoe high do you think the new BTO at Dawson Estate will fetch?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone with below 8k income ceiling has applied for a unit at Dawson estate? How high do you all think the flat prices will reach for this area? Record price for 4rm in Queenstown is $653k and with Dawson being a newer and more upmarket project, does it mean that prices of 4 rm flats there can climb to $700k?

For this, you will need to ask GOD.... some even say that its worth more than 1 million, 5 yrs after its built.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    For this, you will need to ask GOD.... some even say that its worth more than 1 million, 5 yrs after its built.
    Probably one or two cycles later. The way money is printed, I am not surprised.

Thght the BTO project City View @ Boon Keng have top units reported to sell 700k+.... I fear Dawson might be higher... someone says young ppl can afford...

Time value of $

that's way so many EC land will be release next year. Even HDB also so high alr.

i thought pinnacle is on the way to becoming the most expensive hdb estate in singapore, so if 40th floor 4 rm at sky terraces or City View is going to move towards 600-700k, what more about the 4rm at pinnacle on the 50th floor, 800k? It seems that we are slowly moving towards having a million dollar hdb flat and i wont be surprised that in the next few years to come, a 5 rm flat with breathtaking view on the 50th floor of pinnacle will go for a million.

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    Thght the BTO project City View @ Boon Keng have top units reported to sell 700k+.... I fear Dawson might be higher... someone says young ppl can afford...

Time value of $

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Time value of $
    Has City View @ Boon Keng broken Queenstown's record?

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Queenstown flat sold for record $890k
    Tan Hui Yee and Jessica Cheam
    The Straits Times
    Wednesday, 9 January 2009

The brief for the property agent was simple: Find an HDB flat with great views and near an MRT station. Top floors only - and, it appears, never mind the price.

2 intense days of door-knocking and a record $890,000 later, the buyer has his dream home - and the most expensive Housing Board flat in the country.

For his money, he gets a spacious 21st-storey executive flat in Queenstown, with expansive views towards Sentosa and leafy Mount Faber on one side and Queenstown Stadium on the other.

The 13-year-old flat in Block 150, Mei Ling Street, is just a few minutes away from Queenstown MRT via a sheltered walkway, and a swimming complex is just around the corner.

The owners, Mr David Ho Khoi Seng, 72, and wife Judy, 64, had paid just over $300,000 for the 1,614 sqft flat, which has 4 bedrooms, a living room and a study, in 1992.

Mr Ho, who runs a stationery shop, said he had no intention of selling when PropNex agent David See and his son came knocking last Thursday.

The couple tried to deter the buyers - believed to be an elderly couple who own private property - by asking for what they felt was a ridiculous $900,000.

'We thought $900,000 was too high a price for anyone, but the buyers seemed pretty desperate to find a suitable flat,' said Mr Ho.

Mr See, 47, said he roped in his 20-year-old son Wilson for the quest to give him some work experience before he starts university later this year.

But knocking on doors, he said, is something he would only do for 'genuine buyers'.

'It was a challenge. It's not easy to get people to sell high-floor units at this time,' he added.

Demand had sent HDB resale prices up 17.4% last year, the highest in a decade, but executive flats in coveted districts near the central city like Queenstown and Bukit Merah have been extra hot.

The old record for an HDB flat was $780,000 - also for an executive flat in Mei Ling Street - achieved last November.

Five other such flats in Mei Ling Street changed hands between November and December, ranging in price from $728,000 to $765,000.

Median resale prices of executive flats in Queenstown hit $719,000 between July and September last year, a jump from $609,000 in the previous quarter. This type of flat in Queenstown commanded $120,000 in cash over their valuation in the same period.

A 5-roomer in Kim Tian Place in nearby Bukit Merah changed hands for $720,000 last June.

With prices of resale HDB flats expected to climb further, the latest deal has prompted some people to ask when a public housing unit will cross the $1 million mark.

Agents reckon that is a way off yet.

Mr See thinks his record deal was more a reflection of the buyers' eagerness, rather than market sentiment.

Meanwhile, Mr Ho and his wife will live with their 35-year-old son in his Siglap terrace house until they find a suitable home.

When they move, Mr Ho will have to give up a pastime of his: Watching S-League football matches at Queenstown Stadium from the balcony of his Mei Ling Street flat's master bedroom.

the 890k record will be broken by pinnacle very soon. There is no question about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Queenstown flat sold for record $890k
    Tan Hui Yee and Jessica Cheam
    The Straits Times
    Wednesday, 9 January 2008

The article is dated 9 January 2008 - not 2009. I accidentally typed a 9 over the 8.

The article is dated 9 January 2008 - not 2009. I accidentally typed a 9 over the 8.
    I was told, it was bot the the ex-owner of Farrer Court

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I was told, it was bot the the ex-owner of Farrer Court
    ironic, isn't it. Sold your condo in an en bloc and ended up in HDB. who says en bloc is always a joyful event.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    ironic, isn't it. Sold your condo in an en bloc and ended up in HDB. who says en bloc is always a joyful event.
    Hmm.. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

If I retire, I might also moved into a HDB as long as the condition is good with unique features such as good view. At 60+ i dun need a high tech gym with babes, else will burst a few pipes...
    Moreover less squabbles with Mgmt council over $ and maintenance. Can dry out laundry in the sun too.

More is not necessary good. Less may sometimes be better than more.

If I retire, I might also moved into a HDB as long as the condition is good with unique features such as good view. At 60+ i dun need a high tech gym with babes, else will burst a few pipes...
    Moreover less squabbles with Mgmt council over $ and maintenance. Can dry out laundry in the sun too.

Your are wrong. when you are over 60, you need more exercise than ever. You need not only gyms, but also swimming pools, to relax and to keep your heart healthy. by the way, you also need babes more, for a healthy heart.

as for sun drying your laundry, a lot of condos have back yards, which HDB units don't have, making it necessary for the residents to hang an ugly bamboo pole out of a window.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 21-12-09 at 12:09.

On a quantum basics... that Queenstown deal is no1...
    But then on a psf basics, the City View @ Boon Keng top $727k for a 1281 sqft HDB 5-rm is just slightly higher then that of Queenstown.

Anyway, I have no idea how a 8k household ceiling can afford these new flats. Maybe 3 generation or stock market lottery...

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Your are wrong. when you are over 60, you need more exercise than ever. You need not only gyms, but also swimming pools, to relax and to keep your heart healthy. by the way, you also need babes more, for a healthy heart.

as for sun drying your laundry, a lot of condos have back yards, which HDB units don't have, making it necessary for the residents to hang an ugly bamboo pole out of a window.
    Dun take heart, it is juz my personal preference.
    If i'm old, i'll need a park & a dedicated old-aged gym (could be pretty high-tech these days with those pace-maker integrated).

As for ugly poles, hmm... i'm not stuck in the 1970-80s... Things can innovate to be both aesthetics and greenly functional. I prefer sun-bake laundry in the wind, the smell is juz different.

Juz my thoughts

well, if i retire, i won't mind moving into a hdb flat where im near hills for walks in the morning, nice sea view, away from highways.. I prefer to sweat it out near nature than in a gym.

I am waiting to find my retirement home
    1. superb swimming pool, at least a good size lap pool. Swimming is the best exercise for the old
    2. good landscape and very spacious, to offer ground for evening walk
    3. short walking distance to the beach, to exercise in the morning, when old, we only can take BMW (Bus, MRT and Walk)
    4. near to market / ammunity
    5. quite with good air
    6. great view balcony so can read books.

any one can suggest which condo can I buy?

Dawson, Bukit Panjang and Sembawang BTO - Dec 21 results and odds
    [FONT='Trebuchet MS',Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif]

Its obvious everyone going for good location, cheap pricing and new sizeable flats!
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I am waiting to find my retirement home
    1. superb swimming pool, at least a good size lap pool. Swimming is the best exercise for the old
    2. good landscape and very spacious, to offer ground for evening walk
    3. short walking distance to the beach, to exercise in the morning, when old, we only can take BMW (Bus, MRT and Walk)
    4. near to market / ammunity
    5. quite with good air
    6. great view balcony so can read books.

any one can suggest which condo can I buy?
    I suggest Sentosa Cove ...

You can consider buying from Property_Owner.

He's not in the retirement mood yet, so still can't get the "feeling".

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Guys, I used to thought tat life in Sentosa is prefect and maybe what your guys mentioned as priceless or what seattle lakeside living. But till not I have not had this feeling at all. Sigh, been staying here for pass 1 month still searching for that feeling.
    He still prefers this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Maybe I had come to a stage that money can't buy happiness. I miss the the life in East Coast, everything is a stone throw again.

On a quantum basics... that Queenstown deal is no1...
    But then on a psf basics, the City View @ Boon Keng top $727k for a 1281 sqft HDB 5-rm is just slightly higher then that of Queenstown.

Anyway, I have no idea how a 8k household ceiling can afford these new flats. Maybe 3 generation or stock market lottery...
    For quantum, Queenstown $890,000 is the highest.

For psf, I believe Queenstown $674 psf is the highest.

Record $653,000 for flat
    Jessica Cheam
    The Straits Times
    Thursday, 12 November 2009, 10.12 pm

Chris Neo (left) and Kelvin Lim (right), seller of the flat Michael Nandakumaran (center), with sold a HDB flat at Blk 48, Strathmore Avenue for a record price of $653k. -- Photo: Desmond Lim, ST

A 4-room Queenstown HDB flat has sold for $653,000, setting a new record for psf, amid continuing red-hot demand for resale flats.

The buyers, a male Indonesian permanent resident and a Singaporean woman, could have bought a condominium unit in an outlying area for the price.

But they were won over by the location, just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block, with unblocked views of greenery from all windows.

The 4-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, sold for $68,000 above valuation - a level determined by an independent valuer.

This works out to $674 psf, smashing the previous record of $609 psf, achieved in January last year, by about 10%.

This may be an unusually high price but resale prices have been moving up.

seriously people HDBs are seriously undervalued.

obviously there is plenty of upside left how about a 1300sf flat, for a little more than 350million?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...embawang-close

to heck with Marina bay condos, prime condos, or sentosa... D27 that is where the potential is at. On slighty more serious note, I will be interested in following the price development of Pinnacle@duxton