Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seafront @ Meyer (D15, Freehold, CapitaLand)

Default Re: Seafront @ Meyer (D15, Freehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by cannot make it
    The rich people who buy high end not to rent out, but as a holiday home.

In any case, Ardmore Park price won't drop very much. But Seafront maybe hard to finish selling at this price.

Caution when buying seafront: don't buy those without sea view. It is foolish to pay so much just for Meyer Road address if without sea view.
    This is not true. See the classified ads. Many owners are renting out units at Ardmore Park.

Damn Lousy Lah!!! Guest

Hi it is me again. Just want to say "I told you so".

Capitaland offers only deferred payment scheme for the Seafront, similar to The View@ Meyer. That's why every ah kow ah ngiao was buying indiscriminately last week. A lot of them paid over the odds prices for low floor bad facing units without sea view. To do that in a development like Seafront is like, stupid lor. In fact not all units facing the sea have sea view. Only 11th floor upwards have. But it doesn't matter to the uncles and aunties, because only 20% down till TOP mah. They are all thinking, "HUAT AH!!!"

Because of the 100% participation in deferred payment scheme at Seafront and also 100% participation in deferred payment scheme at The View@Meyer, I can thus conclude that Meyer Road price appreciation so far has been a speculative bubble. A sham. Pity many people got suckered into it. If I have a unit at Belvedere, I would take profit at these prices right away because this price level at Meyer Road won't last. Let's see how many of these Uncles and Aunties at the Seafront and The View can pay up at completion (TOP).

Compared to areas with more solid fundamentals like the D9,10,11 area, Meyer Rd has really got nothing to back it up. Sea views are not forever, plus only a relatively few units have genuine sea view. The others are all either too far from the sea, partially blocked, or totally no view of the sea at all.

What's more, D9,10,11 haven't exactly been speculative. The average little retail buyer in this area have the money to pay up. For example, look at Trillium and Newton One. These two projects have only progressive payment or pay in full. Despite that, Newton One was sold out within 1 month, and the Trillium is currently left with only a few units. And these people buy to stay, not many of them would be renting out. They are whacking 2 or 3 units at one go, paying by progressive or full cash payment, I don't think an opportunity cost of $6000 rent a month will keep them awake at night.

As for the big boys: Thai Beverage boss' buyout of 4 floors of Orchard Residences and the whole Suites @ Cairnhill project, Chinese buyer whacking one whole stack of Solitaire, hedge funds coming in big time in prime 9, 10, 11 area, Kajima going in big time into Bishopsgate, these are just a few examples of "buy and hold" big players who see value in 9, 10, 11. If Meyer Road so good how come none of them bought in bulk, instead preferring to concentrate in 9, 10, 11?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Lousy Lah!!!

Capitaland offers only deferred payment scheme for the Seafront, similar to The View@ Meyer. That's why every ah kow ah ngiao was buying indiscriminately last week. A lot of them paid over the odds prices for low floor bad facing units without sea view. To do that in a development like Seafront is like, stupid lor. In fact not all units facing the sea have sea view. Only 11th floor upwards have. But it doesn't matter to the uncles and aunties, because only 20% down till TOP mah. They are all thinking, "HUAT AH!!!"

Because of the 100% participation in deferred payment scheme at Seafront and also 100% participation in deferred payment scheme at The View@Meyer, I can thus conclude that Meyer Road price appreciation so far has been a speculative bubble. A sham. Pity many people got suckered into it. If I have a unit at Belvedere, I would take profit at these prices right away because this price level at Meyer Road won't last. Let's see how many of these Uncles and Aunties at the Seafront and The View can pay up at completion (TOP).

Compared to areas with more solid fundamentals like the D9,10,11 area, Meyer Rd has really got nothing to back it up. Sea views are not forever, plus only a relatively few units have genuine sea view. The others are all either too far from the sea, partially blocked, or totally no view of the sea at all.

What's more, D9,10,11 haven't exactly been speculative. The average little retail buyer in this area have the money to pay up. For example, look at Trillium and Newton One. These two projects have only progressive payment or pay in full. Despite that, Newton One was sold out within 1 month, and the Trillium is currently left with only a few units. And these people buy to stay, not many of them would be renting out. They are whacking 2 or 3 units at one go, paying by progressive or full cash payment, I don't think an opportunity cost of $6000 rent a month will keep them awake at night.

As for the big boys: Thai Beverage boss' buyout of 4 floors of Orchard Residences and the whole Suites @ Cairnhill project, Chinese buyer whacking one whole stack of Solitaire, hedge funds coming in big time in prime 9, 10, 11 area, Kajima going in big time into Bishopsgate, these are just a few examples of "buy and hold" big players who see value in 9, 10, 11. If Meyer Road so good how come none of them bought in bulk, instead preferring to concentrate in 9, 10, 11?

How do you know that those who took deferred payment for Seafront and The View @ Meyer have no money to pay up?

Unregistered Guest

Aiyah east coast always play people out one. Look at those who bought Bayshore and Tanjong Rhu area when they were hot. All kena play out. Some are still in negative equity today. Atria and Makena also very expensive last time. But past few years, these 2 really boh lang ai (nobody want) until price dropped so low.

You buy east coast condo, you must know when to sell. Buy low, sell high. NEVER hold.

When market crashes, the average D9-D11 condo will hold prices well, at most lose not much. Why? Because the average D9-D11 condo have more or less similar prices in a few brackets within a $1000psf band, except for a few special outliers in Orchard priced super high. These few super high priced condo are bought by super rich foreign tycoons who have no need to worry about loans or installments.

However in the east coast when market crashes, those expensive east coast condos have potential to lose half of its value! Why? Because no geographical support. So far it is only Meyer Road condo that have sea view is hitting this prices, surrounding areas without sea view still half the price of Meyer Road. Tell me where is the price support?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    How do you know that those who took deferred payment for Seafront and The View @ Meyer have no money to pay up?
    Hahaha many of them cannot even qualify for 80% housing loan. You know or not? That's why GOVT got to step in.

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Lousy Lah!!!

Because of the 100% participation in .......... going in big time into Bishopsgate, these are just a few examples of "buy and hold" big players who see value in 9, 10, 11. If Meyer Road so good how come none of them bought in bulk, instead preferring to concentrate in 9, 10, 11?

Sounds like an opportunity for you to make some return from the market. Have you bought an unit in Seafront or The Belvedere. This is good man!

Unregistered Guest

Wanted to view the showflat yesterday afternoon, however it was too crowded and they shut the main gate from allowing cars to enter.

I went to view Casa Merah instead, and it was like a market even it cost $700-$730 psf.

Meyer Guest

Wanted to view the showflat yesterday afternoon, however it was too crowded and they shut the main gate from allowing cars to enter.

I went to view Casa Merah instead, and it was like a market even it cost $700-$730 psf.

Who asked you to go when they launch stacks 04, 05 and 06?
    The queue started on Thursday.
    You should go any other time.

Unregistered Guest

Go and see also shiok lah. See what kind of people buy this property. Can't decide if they are smart or stupid? I guess only time will tell.

Wallace Chu, DBS Vickers Guest

As Singapore has entered a new phase of development, higher property prices are inevitable.

People need to take a view that historical Singapore is no longer the same as the future Singapore. The economic drivers have changed. So you have to have a new mindset and accept the new price levels.

Unregistered Guest

In 2 to 3 years time, an average of $2000 psf will be common slight on Meyer Road.

Those waiting for property to crash in the next few years, are simply missing the point. No gimmick in the prediction, it is a matter of pure supply verse demand here.

Go study the area first.

In 2 to 3 years time, an average of $2000 psf will be common slight on Meyer Road.

Those waiting for property to crash in the next few years, are simply missing the point. No gimmick in the prediction, it is a matter of pure supply verse demand here.

Go study the area first.
    Ha ha ha. In 1996, property analysts said that HDB Executive flats hitting $1 mil within 2 years was a forgone conclusion. They said it was a no brainer because the large sized HDB flats are valued for money and much bigger than normal 3 bedroom condo.

ah huat Guest

Cool Re: Seafront @ Meyer (D15, Freehold, CapitaLand)

huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah,
    huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah,
    huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah,huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah,huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah,huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah,huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, huat ah, so that i can sell my tanjong unit at high price, hehehehe.

Cool Re: Seafront @ Meyer (D15, Freehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Madeira
    Ha ha ha. In 1996, property analysts said that HDB Executive flats hitting $1 mil within 2 years was a forgone conclusion. They said it was a no brainer because the large sized HDB flats are valued for money and much bigger than normal 3 bedroom condo.
    Madeira, you are very right. The media when they blast, they blast like no tommorow. If Sgs are dumb they will swallow whatever shit the media throws at them. As long as we know right? haha .

Teacher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    Madeira, you are very right. The media when they blast, they blast like no tommorow. If Sgs are dumb they will swallow whatever shit the media throws at them. As long as we know right? haha .

But the most important point out of all these criticisms is to invest in the private property market now and increase your wealth.

There is only so much the government can help you. The government cannot outrightly tell you to invest.

If you don't, your ranking will drop by 2.2 millions in 5-10 years time when Singapore becomes a top-tier first-world country. For example, if your ranking is 1,000,000th out of 4.3 million now, it will become to 3,200,000th out of 6.5 million in 5-10 years time.

We have to move forward to fend off the competitions from the region. We need these additional 2.2 millions "special" citizens to move ourselves into a different ball game. Please note that these "special" citizens are not your ordinary citizens in the past.

It is correct to say that we shd invest in private property. But u must choose the right property at the right time.
    Right now I think the best properties to invest are the landed houses in Bukit Timah area. Recently, a freehold 13000 sq ft bungalow with swimming pool went for abt $6.5 mil. A 2000 sq ft unit at a 99 year project at Marina Bay also went for $6.5 mil.

I would choose the bungalow over the Marina Bay unit for sure.

Observer Guest

It is correct to say that we shd invest in private property. But u must choose the right property at the right time.
    Right now I think the best properties to invest are the landed houses in Bukit Timah area. Recently, a freehold 13000 sq ft bungalow with swimming pool went for abt $6.5 mil. A 2000 sq ft unit at a 99 year project at Marina Bay also went for $6.5 mil.

I would choose the bungalow over the Marina Bay unit for sure.

But most of the foreigners/PRs are not allowed to buy landed property!

Quote Originally Posted by Observer
    But most of the foreigners/PRs are not allowed to buy landed property!
    Which is why u buy landed now cheaply and wait for government to revise the rules for foreigners to buy landed house.

If u r buying $4000 psf condo now, u probably be buying near the peak already. Why fight with the foreigners and get burnt? The risk premium is not worth it.

Some of the landed housing in Bukit Timah will be rezone for condo development soon, in the masterplan 2008. U will be able to sell a $4 million semi-D for $40 million when that happen.

Unregistered Guest

Which is why u buy landed now cheaply and wait for government to revise the rules for foreigners to buy landed house.

If u r buying $4000 psf condo now, u probably be buying near the peak already. Why fight with the foreigners and get burnt? The risk premium is not worth it.

Some of the landed housing in Bukit Timah will be rezone for condo development soon, in the masterplan 2008. U will be able to sell a $4 million semi-D for $40 million when that happen.
    Madeira is right. Look out for the 'mixed landed' areas in D10 and D11 that consist of semi-d and terrace houses. Got lots of re-zone potential.

D10: the Bukit Timah Road side
    D11: the Dunearn Road side.

Teacher Guest

It seems like all the recent media releases on property were carefully orchestrated. The impression they want to give us is: "Tycoons coming in and buying up property. Tycoons no need deferred payment. Therefore developers must scrap deferred payment scheme. To all Singaporeans, if you got no money, don't buy." Sounds good. At least it will prevent a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    Published April 18, 2007

Penthouse may go for $5K psf

MAINBOARD-listed SC Global Developments is selling a penthouse in The Boulevard Residence (BLVD) by auction next month. .......... note this is more than double the $16 million an identical penthouse in the freehold development's other tower was sold for in May last year to high-flying Japanese fund manager Yoshiaki Murakami, who was later indicted for insider trading.

Both penthouses .......... will be conducted on May 20 jointly by Colliers and Christie's Great Estates exclusive affiliate Ken Jacobs.

BLVD comprises 46 units housed in two towers.

This is a lesson for those who keep saying that the property prices are too high. Is Murakami-san a fool who bought his penthouse at $2,xxx psf then? There are fools who keep saying these buyers are fools. Time has proven that he has made the right decision. Is he right or is he right? Double, you fool!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher
    This is a lesson for those who keep saying that the property prices are too high. Is Murakami-san a fool who bought his penthouse at $2,xxx psf then? There are fools who keep saying these buyers are fools. Time has proven that he has made the right decision. Is he right or is he right? Double, you fool!
    I don't think real wealthy folks are stupid enough to mock-up the penthouse at this time. Those are mostly risk takers desperate to take the gamble and trying to make a killing. Real welathy folks and smart investors are those who are doing shopping spree in 1998 post- asian crsis, after 9/11 and in the midst of SARS. In fact, they are doing more selling than buying these days. These are the information I get from some of my friends who are in the line of "private bankers" serving clients whose networth is into 50-100 million range.

Teacher Guest

Please ignore all my previous posts. I am sorry that I have acted like a fool.

Onlooker Guest

I don't think real wealthy folks are stupid enough to mock-up the penthouse at this time. Those are mostly risk takers desperate to take the gamble and trying to make a killing. Real welathy folks and smart investors are those who are doing shopping spree in 1998 post- asian crsis, after 9/11 and in the midst of SARS. In fact, they are doing more selling than buying these days. These are the information I get from some of my friends who are in the line of "private bankers" serving clients whose networth is into 50-100 million range.

So there will be no taker at the upcoming auction of this The Boulevard Residence penthouse? I think otherwise. I think there will be a lot of offers and $5,000 psf will be hit.

Orchard Guest

This Jap is smart! Came in at the right time. Now he is laughing to the bank.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard
    This Jap is smart! Came in at the right time. Now he is laughing to the bank.
    Smart meh? in 2005 BLVD was only about $1600 psf to $1800 psf. Look at the caveats. Those were the days when big units $psf was lower than small units $psf price, so the penthouse would have been selling for less than that $psf?

Unregistered Guest

The REAL smart one was Fann Wong, who bought her BLVD unit back in 2004 or 2005. Really cheap at that time.

teacher(eatshitndie) Guest

Thumbs down Re: Seafront @ Meyer (D15, Freehold, CapitaLand)

Please ignore all my previous posts. I am sorry that I have acted like a fool.
    Yes teacher, you are a bloody fool. An idiot that is the propagada voice of the developers.
    1). I am sure you bought some high priced crap, that is why you insist on hyping things up. Or
    2). You are an agent, desperate to get sales, hopefully by hyping things up you think you may get more business. Or
    3). You have something on your hand which you bought cheap, but you want the price to go up further.
    Whatever it is, you definately have no right to be a teacher.

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by teacher(eatshitndie)
    Yes teacher, you are a bloody fool. An idiot that is the propagada voice of the developers.
    1). I am sure you bought some high priced crap, that is why you insist on hyping things up. Or
    2). You are an agent, desperate to get sales, hopefully by hyping things up you think you may get more business. Or
    3). You have something on your hand which you bought cheap, but you want the price to go up further.

You stupid lah!
    Even if there is no Teacher, the market will continue to go up what!
    The market will not be influnced by Teacher's comment lah.
    The market goes up because of structural fundamentals.

Student Guest

Quote Originally Posted by teacher(eatshitndie)

You think by scolding, threatening or killing Teacher, you can stop the market bull run? In my dream, you idiot!

Student Guest

We have learned in today lesson (from our Teacher) that those who keep saying that the property prices are too high are foolish. Is Murakami-san a fool who bought his penthouse at $2,285 psf then? There are fools who keep saying these buyers are fools. Time has proven that he has made the right decision. Is he right or is he right? He property value has doubled!