Thread: Conservation-type Apartments

Default Conservation-type Apartments

Hi, I'm a newbie and would appreciate any advice from the seniors. Does anyone have any recommendations for conservation-type-looking (eg. like Lotus @ Joo Chiat), heritage/oriental style type of residential apartments (eg. like Heritage Place), 999 years and above and strata-titled, so that foreigners are eligible.

Walk ups are fine too, eg like the Tiong Bahru pre war apartments (but these are 99 yrs).

Seems like for now, the nearest possibility is Emerald Gardens with its oriental facade. Thanks for your help!

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Etelly
    Hi, I'm a newbie and would appreciate any advice from the seniors. Does anyone have any recommendations for conservation-type-looking (eg. like Lotus @ Joo Chiat), heritage/oriental style type of residential apartments (eg. like Heritage Place), 999 years and above and strata-titled, so that foreigners are eligible.

Walk ups are fine too, eg like the Tiong Bahru pre war apartments (but these are 99 yrs).

Seems like for now, the nearest possibility is Emerald Gardens with its oriental facade. Thanks for your help!
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...?t=3175&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era, The Wharf Residence
    Location/ Address: . Tong Watt Road, off Mohamed Sultan Road
    Tenure of Land: ......... 999 years
    Site Area: ................. 76,956 sq ft
    Plot Ratio: ................ 3.8
    Expected T.O.P.: ..... 31 Mar 2013
    Description: ............. 4 tower blocks of 10/14/15/23 Storey and 13 retrofitted houses
    No. of Units: ............ 186 units (173 units + 13 retrofitted houses)

Unit Mix:
    ... 2 bedroom: 1012 to 1130 sqft 110 units
    ... 3 bedroom: 1313 to 1733 sqft 54 units
    ... 4 bedroom: 2196 sqft 4 units
    ... Penthouse: 2745 to 5565 sqft 5 units
    ... Houses: 4478 to 4930 sqft 13 units

Actually i am quite curious about those at tiong bahru which are 99 yr lease and they are almost 60-70 yr old already. i am curoius what happens when it reaches 99 yrs. Will the value becomes "zero" when the lease expires or will the goverment offer another 99 year new lease to the current occupants at the current market price? I believe this could be a landmark case for our young island.

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    Actually i am quite curious about those at tiong bahru which are 99 yr lease and they are almost 60-70 yr old already. i am curoius what happens when it reaches 99 yrs. Will the value becomes "zero" when the lease expires or will the goverment offer another 99 year new lease to the current occupants at the current market price? I believe this could be a landmark case for our young island.
    Because it is conservation status, I think land will be sold to private developer with extension of lease and top-up (another 99 years maybe). Am using 1 Kim Yam Rd - Attitude @ Kim Yam for reference case study.